Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Dresden Files

+8
Spazzy
supervenom
Nubbins
tstrike99
kidspider2099
Batman25JM
Velociraptor DJ
jaydee74
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1The Dresden Files Empty The Dresden Files Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:30 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So, I am more than halfway through "Summer Knight" and it's fantastic. I've also seen the entire series from the SciFi channel and have the whole series on DVD. I wanted to make a thread for the Chicago Wizard.

2The Dresden Files Empty Re: The Dresden Files Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:34 pm

Velociraptor DJ

Velociraptor DJ
Cadet
Cadet

Great series.

3The Dresden Files Empty Re: The Dresden Files Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:09 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I read the first book and I LOVED it. I'm currently in the middle of Fool Moon (book 2) and it's great as well.

4The Dresden Files Empty Re: The Dresden Files Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:22 pm

Velociraptor DJ

Velociraptor DJ
Cadet
Cadet

Just wait guys, it gets even better as Butcher goes along.

5The Dresden Files Empty Re: The Dresden Files Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:55 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just watched the series and kinda want to read the books as well. It's sad the series only lasted a season.

6The Dresden Files Empty Re: The Dresden Files Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:33 pm

tstrike99

tstrike99
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Probably one of the best series I've ever enjoyed reading. Harry is a great character, and all his pop culture references make me LOL every book.

7The Dresden Files Empty Re: The Dresden Files Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:20 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

tstrike99 wrote:Probably one of the best series I've ever enjoyed reading. Harry is a great character, and all his pop culture references make me LOL every book.

The pop culture references are outstanding. Jim Butcher puts so much humor into this series of books. I just love it.

8The Dresden Files Empty Re: The Dresden Files Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:04 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm interested in the RPG series for The Dresden Files:

http://www.evilhat.com/home/dresden-files-rpg/

http://www.dresdenfilesrpg.com/

9The Dresden Files Empty Re: The Dresden Files Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:07 am

Nubbins

Nubbins
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

You should give them a chance in audio book format James Marsters (Spike From Buffy) reads them. He is great. Brings Bob into a whole new character!

10The Dresden Files Empty Re: The Dresden Files Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:51 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nubbins wrote:You should give them a chance in audio book format James Marsters (Spike From Buffy) reads them. He is great. Brings Bob into a whole new character!
Yeah. I've listened to the first two audio books. They are very entertaining and I do like James Marsters reading of the books.

11The Dresden Files Empty Re: The Dresden Files Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:37 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nubbins wrote:You should give them a chance in audio book format James Marsters (Spike From Buffy) reads them. He is great. Brings Bob into a whole new character!

I've been thinking about checking out the audio book for Storm Front. I think James Marsters would be a perfect voice for Harry.

12The Dresden Files Empty Re: The Dresden Files Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:07 am

Nubbins

Nubbins
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I will admit his does this little lip smacking thing when he talks. BUT after the first 5 minutes you really don't notice it and it just become part of the character. I listened to the Audio Books first then attempted to watch a episode of the show. The minute the guy opened his mouth on screen I was like "That is so not Harry talking!" So now in my mind Harry will forever sound like James' version of him!

13The Dresden Files Empty Re: The Dresden Files Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:36 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm actually a big fan of the SciFi show. I have it on DVD. I like the guy who played Harry Dresden. I mean, it takes place in Chicago so the guy is supposed to have some kind of accent and it works for me. For the audio files, it took a whole lot of adjusting for me. Partly to do with the fact I've never actually heard James Marsters when he wasn't doing a British accent so when I hear his actual voice, it throws me a bit but I do love it now.

14The Dresden Files Empty Re: The Dresden Files Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:29 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

the tv series got me interested in reading the books. And yes I agree Paul Blacthorne was a fantastic Harry Dresden.

15The Dresden Files Empty Re: The Dresden Files Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:51 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

supervenom wrote:the tv series got me interested in reading the books. And yes I agree Paul Blacthorne was a fantastic Harry Dresden.

The series was awesome. I have it on DVD and it's great. The books are so different but yet in a weird way, I liked that it was. I'm halfway through "Death Masks" which is pretty freaking awesome. I am loving the books.

16The Dresden Files Empty Re: The Dresden Files Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:42 am

Nubbins

Nubbins
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I really need to get back reading the books. I have read "Storm Front, Fool Moon, Grave Peril, Summer Knight, & Death Mask." I need to find the others in audio for my mp3 so i can listen to the rest at work. There is just something about his Fairies. And I laughed every time I read and thought about the parts with Toot-Toot. The way he makes every one "emotionally" human. Yet they are this fantasy characters. He gets better and better with every book I read. But I will admit the first time he introduced Michael (Grave Peril) I thought I had accidentally skipped a book. He was just there and I felt like he we were supposed to know him already. Anyone else feel like that?

17The Dresden Files Empty Re: The Dresden Files Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:38 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I actually felt that way too although I quickly began to like the character and seeing his family life is always pretty fun. I do like the idea of the Knights and it was cool to see that there was more than just Michael in the "Death Masks" book. I did feel though that I missed his introduction but somehow it felt ok. So far, I love the way Butcher writes overall. His pop culture references are hysterical.

18The Dresden Files Empty Re: The Dresden Files Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:42 am

Nubbins

Nubbins
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Yeah as I went farther in the book I realized I didn't miss his introduction. His family is awesome. I can't wait to see how they work Michael's oldest daughter in.

As for the knights.....
Spoiler:

19The Dresden Files Empty Re: The Dresden Files Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:07 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am resisting the urge to read your spoiler just yet cause I don't know if I am at that point. If you can tell me from what book your spoiler is from, I'll let you know.

20The Dresden Files Empty Re: The Dresden Files Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:20 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I am resisting the urge to read your spoiler just yet cause I don't know if I am at that point. If you can tell me from what book your spoiler is from, I'll let you know.
its definitely further along than you have gotten so don't read the spoiler. Wink

21The Dresden Files Empty Re: The Dresden Files Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:32 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

supervenom wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I am resisting the urge to read your spoiler just yet cause I don't know if I am at that point. If you can tell me from what book your spoiler is from, I'll let you know.
its definitely further along than you have gotten so don't read the spoiler. Wink
Thank you my friend. I would have kicked myself pretty hard if I read the spoiler then. These books are just too damn good and I don't want to know what happened.

22The Dresden Files Empty Re: The Dresden Files Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:49 pm

Nubbins

Nubbins
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Oh sorry Guess I should of said if you have not read Death Mask Don't read spoiler!

23The Dresden Files Empty Re: The Dresden Files Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:42 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nubbins wrote:Oh sorry Guess I should of said if you have not read Death Mask Don't read spoiler!
I am in the middle of reading that book now. It's fantastic. Where I am in that book is:

I just got to the part where Harry and Susan are about to go to the auction.

24The Dresden Files Empty Re: The Dresden Files Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:13 pm

tstrike99

tstrike99
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Hey I got a question for all you fellow book-nerds: has anyone checked out the Dresden rolepalying game system that recently hit the shelves? I really want to but the wife wont let me near em!

25The Dresden Files Empty Re: The Dresden Files Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:39 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

tstrike99 wrote:Hey I got a question for all you fellow book-nerds: has anyone checked out the Dresden rolepalying game system that recently hit the shelves? I really want to but the wife wont let me near em!

I listened to an episode of the PodgeCast who actually did a two part episode devoted to the Dresden Files Roleplaying game. I had heard some good thing about it but the two books are pretty pricey.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum