Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Dresden Files

+8
Spazzy
supervenom
Nubbins
tstrike99
kidspider2099
Batman25JM
Velociraptor DJ
jaydee74
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51The Dresden Files - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:45 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nubbins wrote:
kidspider2099 wrote:
not sure if your a doctor who fan but david tennant does the audio for one of the doctor who audio books and he does an awesome job course every book sounds better with an scottish accent.

Swoons! Which Dr Who book do you remember? That would be awesome. And yes I am a huge fan of the accents (& Dr.Who).

That was one of the odd things for me first time hearing James read. So use to the "Spike" sound of his voice. Then starting the audio book I had to double check the credits. But I will always I love you the way he voice Bob. So great!

It was Pest Control. I love his Donna voice.

52The Dresden Files - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:20 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I do too

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

53The Dresden Files - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:40 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I started reading Blood Rites and can I say how much I love Dresden's supporting characters? I love Thomas the White Court Vampire a lot. He's just a great character. I also love Billy the Alpha Wolf and Michael. Jim Butcher makes some kick ass characters. I just love them.

Also, the pop culture references are excellent. In the last book, when Harry says he a disciple of the religion of Peter Parker or something like that was pretty damn cool.

54The Dresden Files - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:23 pm

tstrike99

tstrike99
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Yeah, you see the pop culture references a lot more often as the series progresses. Star Wars is everywhere! It kinda lets you know that Jim Butcher is "one of us" by putting those in his stories!

55The Dresden Files - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:38 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The references are just awesome. I love it.

56The Dresden Files - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:23 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I started reading Blood Rites and can I say how much I love Dresden's supporting characters? I love Thomas the White Court Vampire a lot. He's just a great character. I also love Billy the Alpha Wolf and Michael. Jim Butcher makes some kick ass characters. I just love them.

Also, the pop culture references are excellent. In the last book, when Harry says he a disciple of the religion of Peter Parker or something like that was pretty damn cool.

also Jim butcher also wrote a spider-man novel. I started it i need to finish it but i started reading percy jackson.

57The Dresden Files - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:39 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

For real? What's the name of the Spider-Man book? I would love to check that out.

58The Dresden Files - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:56 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

it's called Spider-Man: The Darkest Hours. It deals with the siblings of Morlun.

59The Dresden Files - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:02 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:it's called Spider-Man: The Darkest Hours. It deals with the siblings of Morlun.
Sounds interesting. I'll have to check that out.

60The Dresden Files - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:48 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I really really really enjoyed his Spidey novel.

61The Dresden Files - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:16 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just finished reading "Blood Rites". Holy fucking cow, it was amazing. I loved this book. The fact that
Spoiler:
kicks so much freaking ass. I love that aspect of their relationship and I cannot wait to see it develop. I also would love to see Harry and Murphy get together. This series is absolutely amazing and I need the next book pronto. Today.

62The Dresden Files - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:13 am

tstrike99

tstrike99
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I'm really looking forward to the Side Jobs book thats coming out. It'll be nice to read all the short stories in one place!

63The Dresden Files - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:09 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love you

64The Dresden Files - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:43 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

tstrike99 wrote:I'm really looking forward to the Side Jobs book thats coming out. It'll be nice to read all the short stories in one place!
Really? That was announced? That is so awesome. I love it. I wonder if James Marsters will do an audio book of that as well.

65The Dresden Files - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:36 am

Nubbins

Nubbins
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

please please please please, they have to have james do the audio book. Just saying!

66The Dresden Files - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:19 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Honestly it would make the most amount of sense. It would be too jarring if you got someone else to the audio book.

67The Dresden Files - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:00 pm

Nubbins

Nubbins
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

"Usually" If the reader has a good response they keep them. Unless there is a contract conflict or they get injured and can no longer read as in the case with Frank Muller and The Dark Tower series. But, for any sane audio book producer to just go "Meh You know what lets change it up and bit see what happens" and gets different voice talent. I am pretty sure they will not be a audio book producer much longer! I really need to start listening again, and get the rest of the books to actually listen to!

68The Dresden Files - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:19 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I went to two bookstores to find the next book I needed in the Dresden Files series and couldn't find it. This makes me sad.

69The Dresden Files - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:41 pm

Nubbins

Nubbins
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

jaydee74 wrote:I went to two bookstores to find the next book I needed in the Dresden Files series and couldn't find it. This makes me sad.

Try amazon.com they seem to always have them I have good luck with amazon.

70The Dresden Files - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:56 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

tstrike99 wrote:I'm really looking forward to the Side Jobs book thats coming out. It'll be nice to read all the short stories in one place!
definitely looking forward to this too although I've already read Backup.

71The Dresden Files - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:03 pm

Zeroskull21

Zeroskull21
Cadet
Cadet

Side Jobs is going to be awesome, mainly because of Aftermath, Murphy's story which takes place after Changes (Best title for that book). Really can't wait until Ghost Stories...is it next year yet?

72The Dresden Files - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:50 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just got "Deadbeat" which is the next book I need to read. Looking forward to it.

73The Dresden Files - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:21 am

tstrike99

tstrike99
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Side Jobs hits shelves tomorrow!

74The Dresden Files - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:00 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

YAY!

75The Dresden Files - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:46 pm

Parallax_48

Parallax_48
Cadet
Cadet

Itunes has a sale on the Storm Front and Fool Moon audiobooks. They're only $5.95 right now.

Awesome deal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum