Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Dresden Files

+8
Spazzy
supervenom
Nubbins
tstrike99
kidspider2099
Batman25JM
Velociraptor DJ
jaydee74
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26The Dresden Files - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:24 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really need to get back to reading. I'm in the middle of Fool Moon and I haven't read it in a few weeks. Skimming this thread, and checking a few things on Wikipedia has made me stoked for what is coming.

27The Dresden Files - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:22 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love Full Moon. Billy is a great character.

28The Dresden Files - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:59 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i'm reading the first dresden files book storm front diggging it so far.

29The Dresden Files - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:34 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

love this series!

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

30The Dresden Files - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:10 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just got into this after somebody recommended me. Gotta say, I love it. Not so much a fan of the comic series, though.

31The Dresden Files - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:35 am

Nubbins

Nubbins
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

There is a comic series for The Dresden Files? Who's the publisher? I just might have to check that out. How far into the actual books are you G_Zatara?

32The Dresden Files - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:20 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ i wouldnt be to excited about it. as the story's are wonderful, the art takes away from it

the publisher is Dabel Brothers Production

33The Dresden Files - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:40 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Actually, Lia, It's under Dynamite now. When Dabel Brothers folded, they sold all their licensed stuff to Dynamite. Smile

34The Dresden Files - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:43 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The only way I know this is because I'm on Dynamite's comp list, otherwise I wouldn't have had a clue.

But yes, the story is essentially word for word, but the art is just so inconsistent.

35The Dresden Files - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:37 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

first off tongue stop being so well connected....

second.. whos Lia? tongue tongue tongue tongue

36The Dresden Files - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:28 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

wacko

37The Dresden Files - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:22 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just finished Death Masks. I loved it. Great story and I need to get the next books pronto.

Spazzy wrote:^ i wouldnt be to excited about it. as the story's are wonderful, the art takes away from it

Yeah. I saw the Graphic Novel for Storm Front and I wasn't all that impressed with the art to be honest. Stick with the books and audio books.

38The Dresden Files - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:02 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I just finished Death Masks. I loved it. Great story and I need to get the next books pronto.

Spazzy wrote:^ i wouldnt be to excited about it. as the story's are wonderful, the art takes away from it

Yeah. I saw the Graphic Novel for Storm Front and I wasn't all that impressed with the art to be honest. Stick with the books and audio books.

doesn't James marsters do the audiobook for the dresden files?

39The Dresden Files - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:08 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I just finished Death Masks. I loved it. Great story and I need to get the next books pronto.

Yes, he does.

40The Dresden Files - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:39 am

Velociraptor DJ

Velociraptor DJ
Cadet
Cadet

The Dresden Files: Welcome to the Jungle mini-series that came out a couple of years ago was really good, but it was an original story from Jim Butcher and not just an adaptation of one of the book. It felt like reading a short story, Butcher really had the narration down in comic book form.

41The Dresden Files - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:50 am

Nubbins

Nubbins
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Now you can go back and read my spoiler!

Last edited by Nubbins on Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I am a dur dur dur!)

42The Dresden Files - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:31 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
kidspider2099 wrote:

Yes, he does.

Mmm yes he does indeed.. He does such a good job at it! I love you

Velociraptor DJ wrote:The Dresden Files: Welcome to the Jungle mini-series that came out a couple of years ago was really good, but it was an original story from Jim Butcher and not just an adaptation of one of the book. It felt like reading a short story, Butcher really had the narration down in comic book form.

Oh yeah , the Jungle mini was really good.

43The Dresden Files - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:50 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nubbins wrote:

Now you can go back and read my spoiler!

Read it. Wow. I like that idea. That would be very cool and I will now have that in my head.

44The Dresden Files - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:05 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spazzy wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
kidspider2099 wrote:

Yes, he does.

Mmm yes he does indeed.. He does such a good job at it! I love you

Is it because of the subject matter or would you like him reading the phone book.

45The Dresden Files - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:20 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I would like to have him anyway I can get him Wink

46The Dresden Files - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:05 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

James Marsters does a very good job in reading the books.

47The Dresden Files - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:39 am

Nubbins

Nubbins
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

jaydee74 wrote:

Read it. Wow. I like that idea. That would be very cool and I will now have that in my head.

I can't wait to see were that line of characters lead!

As for the voice actors:
I love James' voice acting. Some actors can pull of voice acting and some fall flat on there face. Then there are actors that are known mostly for there voice acting like Frank Muller (Voiced most of the Dark tower series before he was injured). They freaking rock. But don't get the real acting cred they deserve. It takes a lot to be able to emote the way they do! Now don't get me wrong. I listen to a crap ton of audio books at work. And there are some voice actors out there that are drier then Ben Stein when they read. But I will defiantly say James, Frank, and Stephen Fry are my top three voices when it comes to audio books. (So far!)

48The Dresden Files - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:43 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nubbins wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:

I can't wait to see were that line of characters lead!

As for the voice actors:
I love James' voice acting. Some actors can pull of voice acting and some fall flat on there face. Then there are actors that are known mostly for there voice acting like Frank Muller (Voiced most of the Dark tower series before he was injured). They freaking rock. But don't get the real acting cred they deserve. It takes a lot to be able to emote the way they do! Now don't get me wrong. I listen to a crap ton of audio books at work. And there are some voice actors out there that are drier then Ben Stein when they read. But I will defiantly say James, Frank, and Stephen Fry are my top three voices when it comes to audio books. (So far!)

not sure if your a doctor who fan but david tennant does the audio for one of the doctor who audio books and he does an awesome job course every book sounds better with an scottish accent.

49The Dresden Files - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:10 am

Nubbins

Nubbins
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

kidspider2099 wrote:
not sure if your a doctor who fan but david tennant does the audio for one of the doctor who audio books and he does an awesome job course every book sounds better with an scottish accent.

Swoons! Which Dr Who book do you remember? That would be awesome. And yes I am a huge fan of the accents (& Dr.Who).

That was one of the odd things for me first time hearing James read. So use to the "Spike" sound of his voice. Then starting the audio book I had to double check the credits. But I will always I love you the way he voice Bob. So great!

50The Dresden Files - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dresden Files Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:44 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nubbins wrote:
kidspider2099 wrote:

Swoons! Which Dr Who book do you remember? That would be awesome. And yes I am a huge fan of the accents (& Dr.Who).

That was one of the odd things for me first time hearing James read. So use to the "Spike" sound of his voice. Then starting the audio book I had to double check the credits. But I will always I love you the way he voice Bob. So great!

I agree about his "Bob" voice. Love it. I have to be honest in that I am not used to James' natural voice. I hear his "Spike" voice all the time but I do like how he does the Dresden books. I'm glad they got him for the part.

As for Doctor Who, David Tennant has done a few of the "10th Doctor" books plus one or two audio exclusive books. I happen to have one or two which are pretty cool. I also have a few original Torchwood audio dramas using the actual cast.

Here is a search list of things read by David Tennant on audible.com:

http://www.audible.com/adbl/site/enSearch/searchResults.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&N=0&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&D=david+tennant&Dx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Ntk=S_Keywords&Ntt=david+tennant&x=0&y=0

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum