Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Len Wiseman to helm remake of Total Recall

+7
Silent K
colossus1979
Paroxysm
comicgeekelly
Aussiemandias
Rath99
Debaser77
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Len Wiseman to helm remake of Total Recall Empty Len Wiseman to helm remake of Total Recall Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:23 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

http://www.avclub.com/articles/len-wiseman-signs-on-to-direct-total-recall-remake,43635/

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You suck Hollywood!

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is getting ridiculous.

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm getting really sick of all the remakes and adaptations.

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

This can defiinitely be done. And it's not a remake. Just another adaptation of the story itself. They could definitely make a better film. The first film is great but it's very 80's. The themes are still good, but it felt dated at times. They went with the more 80's action film route. So I'm looking forward to seeing what they do. Hopefully they cast a great actor.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

20 to 1 they get sam worthington

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Get your ass to Mars.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:This is getting ridiculous.
It is, isn't it?!

Ah...let those studios blow their money.

Debaser77

Debaser77

Silent K wrote:Get yur ahss to Maahs.

Fixed.

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:I'm getting really sick of all the remakes and adaptations.
agreed. this really is unnecessary.

Debaser77

Debaser77

I'm cautiously optimistic. If they keep it closer to the original story, it might be good. If it's the same tone and style as Verhoeven's 1990 movie, it'll be a waste of time.

The choice of director doesn't give me much hope, honestly.

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

If Philip K Dick didn't write the book I wouldn't care.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

90% of the people being vocally negative about it now will go see it in the theater in 2-3 years.

Me, I don't really mind a remake. If it'll look good in teasers and such, I'll watch it; if not, whatever. By this point, every movie ever made is open for reinterpretation, so why everyone act so surprised and shocked?

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:90% of the people being vocally negative about it now will go see it in the theater in 2-3 years.

Me, I don't really mind a remake. If it'll look good in teasers and such, I'll watch it; if not, whatever. By this point, every movie ever made is open for reinterpretation, so why everyone act so surprised and shocked?
yeah I'll probably watch it but the original movie was so classic its just I would have thought they would have left it alone. and no I haven't read the story its based on. just love sci-fi action movies from the eighties.

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:90% of the people being vocally negative about it now will go see it in the theater in 2-3 years.

You are probably right. I'm just tired of everything being remade or rebooted.

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:This is getting ridiculous.
It is, isn't it?!

Ah...let those studios blow their money.
The only thing that will stop this is continued failure of the remakes. Audiences need to vote with their feet (or wallets).

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

I have only seen a few remakes (Rob Zombies Halloweens and Friday the 13th) and will not see this one. Hollywood is banking on the idea that kids will go and see these movies having no idea that theres an original. I dont spend $8 on a ticket to go see a movie when I can rent the better version for $1 or watch on tv.

I dont act surprised or shocked that they are remaking everything I feel bad for people that only have this junk to watch at the movies. I can just imagine the ceo's of the movie studios laughing there asses off that kids are blowing their money to see Karate Kid and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Seriously theres only a few new movies or shows that were even close to the originals and Battlestar is the only flat out remake or reboot that blew the original away.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum