Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Return (?) of Mikey

+29
Goof
C's Lady
Batman25JM
rwe1138
Rath99
Hannibal king
supervenom
Ric Magnum
Joshua
Chi-Town Spidey
UltimateUltimacy
Denim
potatojoe
comicgeekelly
Astro13Zombie
FroZen
Lee
goatt
superdoug
azrael07
kidspider2099
Airwolf
riv1
Gojiratoho
Debaser77
colossus1979
Gandicles
Foxy
Silent K
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Should Mikey be allowed back into PoP!?

The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Vote_lcap9%The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Vote_rcap 9% [ 4 ]
The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Vote_lcap44%The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Vote_rcap 44% [ 20 ]
The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Vote_lcap22%The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Vote_rcap 22% [ 10 ]
The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Vote_lcap9%The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Vote_rcap 9% [ 4 ]
The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Vote_lcap16%The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Vote_rcap 16% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 45

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:05 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Here is my take on the matter.

Mikey is a prick. He deliberately goes out of his way to be a prick. He was abrasive on the WUMB and he logged into PoP! solely to cause trouble. He's had his second and third chances.

Now what everyone should ask themselves is....are we saying let him back in because we are magnanimous and want to believe he's changed and want to give him another chance, or do we want him here because we know he'll eventually purposefully say hurtful things to someone and we can laugh and say "what a douchebag, banhammer his ass" and pat ourselves on the back because we did our due diligence and were the bigger man but he's still a shallow prick. Because if it's the latter, then we are all as big of a prick as he is.

Last edited by Gojiratoho on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I know there should be a ? in here somewhere....but for the life of me I can't figure out where.)

52The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:07 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:^Dude...no one cares or remembers that it was you that started it. It was the psycho assholes that will be remembered for it.

Oh, I know no one knows or cares it was me who started it. I like to remind them because it was the one thing I did on WUMB that caused a shit storm.Smile

53The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:15 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Gojiratoho wrote:
Now what everyone should ask themselves is....are we saying let him back in because we are magnanimous and want to believe he's changed and want to give him another chance, or do we want him here because we know he'll eventually purposefully say hurtful things to someone and we can laugh and say "what a douchebag, banhammer his ass" and pat ourselves on the back because we did our due diligence and were the bigger man but he's still a shallow prick. Because if it's the latter, then we are all as big of a prick as he is.

Brilliant point made.

I'm just curious to see why someone who totally shit on this place would beg to come back.

54The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:23 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Man, my DM was right, I DO get smarter the more wine I drink. Smile

Honestly, I figure he's lonely. He strikes me as the type who burns his bridges and he's probably come to the point where he's run out of bridges so now he's looking for forgiveness. I think the suggestion of him pleading his case is a good one. I'd change my vote from "fuck that guy" if I thought he'd actually changed since his first foray on PoP!.

55The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Maybe he's bored. Or misses certain people. I mean, there are a LOT of people here that were on the WUMB.

Mikey may have been a dick, but let's be honest, we have a few members on here that can be dickish. Just because Mikey went too far before doesn't mean he will again. He may have learned his lesson. I just have a hard time believing he'd ask to come back just to go and start shit again. He may legitimately miss a message board like this and try to behave this time. Now, if he's just such a dick that no matter what he does his dick qualities come out then you can always ban him again.

56The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:41 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gojiratoho wrote:
A very valid concern that crossed my mind. If he's going to end up being treated like the convicted pedophile who just moved into suburbia, then there's no point in granting him access.

I never liked Mikey, but even I kind of feel bad for the guy. Maybe he was having a bad month, who knows, but if he can behave himself I don't see why he shouldn't be given one final chance. I like to believe that no one is beyond redemption. Of course, the poll says otherwise, so my bleeding heart sentiment may be a bit of a waste at this point. Laughing

57The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:49 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If enough people say "give him another chance" I'll rescind my "fuck that guy" vote. I'm very much one for forgiveness and second chances, but Mikey never really struck me as a repentant type.

58The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:56 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Batman25JM wrote:Maybe he's bored. Or misses certain people Tripper.
Fixed.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

59The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:08 am

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Even before the PoP! Vs. Mikey/WUMB thing......He was always kind of a douche.

Joshua wrote:
A very valid concern that crossed my mind. If he's going to end up being treated like the convicted pedophile who just moved into suburbia, then there's no point in granting him access.
Laughing

60The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:38 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:Maybe he's bored. Or misses certain people Tripper.
Fixed.
LOL!!!

61The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:43 am

C's Lady

C's Lady
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

He never directly bothered me, nor was I even really around during the fall of WUMB and the beginning of POP, so I missed the drama. Mr. C pointed out the thread to me, and I read most of it. My question is, what did he ever really contribute other than hate and discontent?

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/crystal.vansickle?ref

62The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:47 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Pies. I hope it was pies!

63The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:52 am

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

id anally abuse him if he gets out of line.........but then he would love it too much - like DOUBLE RAINBOW - FULL ON!

64The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:05 am

Goof

Goof
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I say wait until he dies and then give him a full pardon. That's what Major League Baseball would do.

65The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:28 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So if the fuck this guys have their way

The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Mikey

will be banned for

The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Life-cereal

I don't think he will like that.

Rolling Eyes

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

66The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:22 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing Laughing Laughing

67The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:40 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

I wasn't around when all that shit went down, but I have one statement to make regarding him coming back.

If he gets out of line, and I see it before it is moderated into nothingness I will strike without remorse or fear of repercussion.

68The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:42 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nicely done, Denim. That post was

The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Tony-the-tiger---frosties

Well, you know....

69The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:06 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Stick a fork in him.

70The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:27 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So, no pies then. Dammit.

71The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:19 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

For the record, I think that this poll started out too biased to be fair. It probably shouldn't have been opened for discussion, maybe not even a vote. I'm willing to bet that more than half the people who voted 'fuck that guy' were not around during his heyday here, and are simply voting that way because Mom and Dad seemed to be voting that way, and have no clear interaction with Mikey.

Granted, Mikey could be a dick, and his last two threads were designed as nothing more than an attempt to piss off the administration, but many people who voted and commented in this thread have admitted to having no experience with him. They're basing their votes on something that was, at its heart, a personal confrontation made public.

I noticed that, at first, people were willing to give Mikey a chance to redeem himself until K said 'if he gets 15 'fuck hims', then he's banned no matter what.' The number jumped on 'fuck him' almost immediately. So...did those numbers jump because Mikey is a well-loathed former member of the WUMB and PoP!, or did they jump because people wanted to be part of the vote on a lifetime ban?

Admin's decision is the final one, but I don't think this vote was done in a manner that could be considered fair to Mike's case.

72The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:57 am

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought the "If we get 15 Fuck That Guy votes, it doesn't happen" was referring to a separate review thread of leather jackets not happening, not an instant ban.

73The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:59 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No, it wasn't done fairly at all, which is why i never voted one way or the other.
I just stuck around for the pie...

74The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:00 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Perhaps that statement could be better defined, then, Gojira, because I very much got the impression that fifteen votes was enough to prevent Mikey's return.

75The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 3 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:51 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gojiratoho wrote:I thought the "If we get 15 Fuck That Guy votes, it doesn't happen" was referring to a separate review thread of leather jackets not happening, not an instant ban.
That's exactly what it was in reference too. It was a completely separate joke that really had nothing to do with Mikey. I can't imagine it had much bearing on the poll because 1.) it was, I thought, completely irrelevant to Mikey's status and 2.) 'Fuck that Guy' already had something like 14 votes when Jason said that, so it's not like those votes suddenly tipped the scales after the joke was made.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum