Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Return (?) of Mikey

+29
Goof
C's Lady
Batman25JM
rwe1138
Rath99
Hannibal king
supervenom
Ric Magnum
Joshua
Chi-Town Spidey
UltimateUltimacy
Denim
potatojoe
comicgeekelly
Astro13Zombie
FroZen
Lee
goatt
superdoug
azrael07
kidspider2099
Airwolf
riv1
Gojiratoho
Debaser77
colossus1979
Gandicles
Foxy
Silent K
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Should Mikey be allowed back into PoP!?

The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 4 Vote_lcap9%The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 4 Vote_rcap 9% [ 4 ]
The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 4 Vote_lcap44%The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 4 Vote_rcap 44% [ 20 ]
The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 4 Vote_lcap22%The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 4 Vote_rcap 22% [ 10 ]
The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 4 Vote_lcap9%The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 4 Vote_rcap 9% [ 4 ]
The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 4 Vote_lcap16%The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 4 Vote_rcap 16% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 45

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 4 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:53 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:For the record, I think that this poll started out too biased to be fair. It probably shouldn't have been opened for discussion, maybe not even a vote. I'm willing to bet that more than half the people who voted 'fuck that guy' were not around during his heyday here, and are simply voting that way because Mom and Dad seemed to be voting that way, and have no clear interaction with Mikey.

Granted, Mikey could be a dick, and his last two threads were designed as nothing more than an attempt to piss off the administration, but many people who voted and commented in this thread have admitted to having no experience with him. They're basing their votes on something that was, at its heart, a personal confrontation made public.

I noticed that, at first, people were willing to give Mikey a chance to redeem himself until K said 'if he gets 15 'fuck hims', then he's banned no matter what.' The number jumped on 'fuck him' almost immediately. So...did those numbers jump because Mikey is a well-loathed former member of the WUMB and PoP!, or did they jump because people wanted to be part of the vote on a lifetime ban?

Admin's decision is the final one, but I don't think this vote was done in a manner that could be considered fair to Mike's case.
gotta agree with this. I don't think most people who voted fuck him even knew who he was.

77The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 4 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:58 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
Gojiratoho wrote:I thought the "If we get 15 Fuck That Guy votes, it doesn't happen" was referring to a separate review thread of leather jackets not happening, not an instant ban.
That's exactly what it was in reference too. It was a completely separate joke that really had nothing to do with Mikey. I can't imagine it had much bearing on the poll because 1.) it was, I thought, completely irrelevant to Mikey's status and 2.) 'Fuck that Guy' already had something like 14 votes when Jason said that, so it's not like those votes suddenly tipped the scales after the joke was made.

A) No. 'Fuck that Guy' only had 9 votes when that joke was made, and jumped to 17 by the end of the day.

B) Do you really think all the new people got that joke? I've been here all the time, and I obviously missed the reference. So...

I'm not trying to cause any trouble. I just believe in being fair. The long and the short of it is that the PoP!ulace shouldn't have been brought in on this. The site admin know what he did, and they're the ones he actually went after on other boards, so the decision should ultimately be theirs, and not left to a group that is regularly inundated with new people who've no idea what has transpired in the past.

78The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 4 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:04 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I got it pretty easily.

As for the vote counts, I don't know what to say. I don't dispute you saw what you saw, but by that same token I'm almost certain 'Fuck that guy' was already closing in on 14 votes by the time I first ventured and posted in the thread. Arguing over that is pointless and impossible though, since it relies solely on our respective memories.

While I'm all for giving the guy a second break, I don't think the poll was unfair. Peoples' reasoning may be suspect, but that's just something that's part of voting. If anyone voted to fuck Mikey and changed their mind, they certainly could have posted such in the thread. Since there was no outcry of people wishing they'd voted differently I imagine the results wouldn't vary much were the poll to be re-done.

79The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 4 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:07 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:Look, here's the deal: Yes, Mikey was an ass-hat, and fully earned his banning before. But, for him to return, and (I'm guessing) apologize and ask to be let back in takes a lot of courage and a certain amount of humility, particularly the way he flounced out of here.

I voted to let him come back, but keep the banhammer ready. And make sure he knows that it's poised up there to come down firmly should he get that wild hair once more.
What he said.

supervenom wrote:let him back in but have the banhammer ready.
This sounds good to me. He's kind of a jerk but maybe he's learned his lesson.

Silent K wrote:His original login was banned, then MikeySaysFuckYou (and I'm sure a few others), and then Nutter Butter.

Would anyone be interested in letting Mikey plead his case?

BTW, just like my feelings towards frilly toothpicks, my stance on letting Mikey back is I'm FOR IT!
I would love Mikey to plead his case. On the PoP cast. Make it happen people.

Silent K wrote:
Gojiratoho wrote:
Now what everyone should ask themselves is....are we saying let him back in because we are magnanimous and want to believe he's changed and want to give him another chance, or do we want him here because we know he'll eventually purposefully say hurtful things to someone and we can laugh and say "what a douchebag, banhammer his ass" and pat ourselves on the back because we did our due diligence and were the bigger man but he's still a shallow prick. Because if it's the latter, then we are all as big of a prick as he is.

Brilliant point made.

I'm just curious to see why someone who totally shit on this place would beg to come back.
That is a very good question. Have him on the PoP cast and find out.

Silent K wrote:Stick a fork in him.
Oh well.

80The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 4 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:10 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:Since there was no outcry of people wishing they'd voted differently I imagine the results wouldn't vary much were the poll to be re-done.

My point is that there shouldn't have been a poll in the first place. It sends the message that the administration is a 'one member, one vote' democracy, which it isn't and cannot be on a message board. Particularly when the results of a poll can be overridden by the admin should they decide something is a good idea in spite of public opinion.

The hurts were done to the admin; the admin's opinion is ultimately the only one that matters.

81The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 4 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:15 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Joshua wrote:Since there was no outcry of people wishing they'd voted differently I imagine the results wouldn't vary much were the poll to be re-done.

My point is that there shouldn't have been a poll in the first place. It sends the message that the administration is a 'one member, one vote' democracy, which it isn't and cannot be on a message board. Particularly when the results of a poll can be overridden by the admin should they decide something is a good idea in spite of public opinion.

The hurts were done to the admin; the admin's opinion is ultimately the only one that matters.
I doubt the administration people did anything to the votes. I think the whole idea of having the poll was to see if the public wanted him back in. It affects the people who post as much as anyone else and if people didn't want him back, they should have a say. I'm simply guessing on that but it seems the the majority remember too many bad things about the dude. I was fine for giving him another chance but the guy was a bit of an ass. Most of the time.

82The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 4 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:07 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

We could easily decline Mikey without any of you ever knowing of that. If we'd decided to go only by our own opinions, I would vote against Mikey's return. Naturally, my vote went for "Fuck that guy." Knize wanted to let the community vote because you all have a say in that too (like the Admins/Mods having to deal with Mikey's shit, you'll all have to run into him), and that's fine.

All Knize's "15 posts etc." comment had to do was with a joke about something that happened at WUMB during its very last days. If anyone sees it as a campaign against Mikey... oh, well. Knize went all that trouble only to convince others to vote against Mikey's return? No way.

In any event, those who never faced Mikey or didn't know about his previous misdeeds got a chance to judge them with a link to th infamous thread. It's better than blind voting, don't you think?

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

83The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 4 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:18 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Once again, The Clique rears its ugly head.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

84The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 4 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:21 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

anything's better than the two party system in America. Bob Dole anyone? Bob dole!Bob dole!Bob dole!Bob dole!Bob dole!Bob dole!Bob dole!Bob dole!Bob dole!Bob dole!Bob dole!Bob dole!Bob dole!Bob dole!Bob dole!Bob dole!Bob dole!Bob dole! BOOOOOOOOOB DOLE!!!!!!!! jk I hear what you are saying Tomer. Wink

85The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 4 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:21 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

krpykrwly wrote:Once again, The Clique rears its ugly head.
shake my head Laughing

86The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 4 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:39 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Here's a question...are the "Sure, why the hell not." , "Who the fuck is Mikey?", and "Who cares, leather jacket.." options on the poll being counted as NO, YES, or Indifferent?

Jus curious.

87The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 4 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:44 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd say we have 14 yes, 20 no, and 11 I dont care.

88The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 4 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:47 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:I'd say we have 14 yes, 20 no, and 11 I dont care.

Yeah, that's what it looked like to me too.

89The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 4 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:51 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

krpykrwly wrote:Once again, The Clique rears its ugly head.
Laughing

90The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 4 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I never voted. I wanted to hear from him to see why he wanted back in after spewing all that venom.

91The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 4 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 4 Theclique

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

92The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 4 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:25 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:I never voted. I wanted to hear from him to see why he wanted back in after spewing all that venom.
I voted yes just because I thought maybe he would come in with a new attitude and it's nice to give someone another chance. Lord knows he's had enough. I was also curious as to why he wanted to come back after all nonsense that went on before. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me but whatever.

93The Return (?) of Mikey - Page 4 Empty Re: The Return (?) of Mikey Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:26 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

The initial consensus among the mods/admins was to tell him to fuck off. I was the one and only looking to give him a reprieve. But again, this is a community, and the decisions we make as the PoP! staff affect everyone. So, it was put to a vote. I resent the claim that the vote was biased, considering A. I voted "Sure, why the hell not", and B. There were plenty of options given so that each member could vote to their own desire. Ideally, those that weren't around for the Mikey situations would vote "Who the fuck is Mikey?", or not at all. But, if they were to read back on to some of the cited threads, they could form an opinion of sorts.

The fact of the matter is: Votes for "Fuck that guy" were overwhelming, and this thread was on the verge of going to the second page. There's really no reason for him to even make a plea. Case and thread closed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum