Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should DC animated movies copy Marvel and form there own mythology?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

JonSpangler

JonSpangler
Pirate
Pirate

I personally do not like the random nature of DC animated movies. Maybe its me but I dont feel it for Marvel animated, maybe since they dont seem to come out as often.

But it seems we get random stories, with different actors each time and a overuse of Superman and Batman. I was thinking a series could go like this:

Movie 1- Green Arrow with Atom short
2-Barry Allen and Wally West Flash movie with Deathsrtoke short
3-Batman with Elongated Man short
4-Idenity Crisis movie

Then we could have a Big 3 year. Batman (Omac Movie), Superman and Wonder Woman with shorts of original material that would fill in the gaps to

Movie 8- Infinite Crisis

Then a 4 part 52 movie with Booster Gold and Ralph Didny ect. The first 3 shorts can be Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman shorts, each one showing how they spent the year. The 4th short maybe a Gl since the next big event movie I think would be Sinestro Corps War.

Sure it seems like I am just going in comic book order. But there is a reasoning. Identity Crisis is not a book so steeped in mythology that the 3 movies before it cant lead people to it. And if you missed one you could still understad it. You get the perfect mix of main characters and minor ones.

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd definitely like to see all of those too...but I understand DC's thinking.

They want to make $$...and they're going to keep making the ones with characters that the average person is familiar with (Superman and Batman), and they are confident will sell.

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Personally, I'm fine with things as is. The movies may be kind of random, but Marvel's aren't any less random. They just don't come out that frequently.

Would I like more movies not centered around Batman, Superman, or the JLA? Hell yeah. I'd give anything to have a Red Robin, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Flash, Aquaman, or Birds of Prey movie. However, I get why they go with Batman, Superman, or the JLA. It makes more financial sense.

I love almost all of the movies. The only one that I don't really care for is Justice League: The New Frontier. I liked bits (NPH as Flash was the biggest draw), but overall it wasn't the best. Oh, and I haven't seen Batman: Gotham Knight, and I probably never will. I hate when they take American characters and use them for anime. Anyway, other than those two, I love all the DC Universe movies and trust them to keep putting out more good ones.

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't need the animated movies to be in some kind of underlining continuity. I mean the beauty of what DC is doing is that you can watch these movies and not worry about history or what happened in the movie that preceded it. You can just enjoy the movie for what it is and that's one of the best parts about it.

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^yes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum