Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Top 10 Movies of the Year

+14
Gojiratoho
Joshua
Off_White_Lantern
Spazzy
supervenom
Janson
Debaser77
melvinlikechris
BlueMaxx
prescribeddrone
comicgeekelly
G_Zatara
Combo Mo
LOOSECANNON
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Top 10 Movies of the Year Empty Top 10 Movies of the Year Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:08 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

(mind you I didn't get to see 127 Hours, Toy Story 3 or Blue Valentine...)

10. Shutter Island

9. The Kids Are All Right

8. True Grit

7. Iron Man 2

6. The Fighter

5. The Town

4. Black Swan

3. The Social Network

2. The King's Speech

1. Inception

Some honorable mentions: The Other Guys, Salt, The Karate Kid, The Losers, Due Date, and Kick-Ass.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

2Top 10 Movies of the Year Empty Re: Top 10 Movies of the Year Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:06 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Still have quite a few to see that will possibly make the list: True Grit, King's Speech, The Fighter, 127 Hours, and Blue Valentine.

10. The Karate Kid
9. Winter’s Bone
8. Kick-Ass
7. My Name is Khan
6. Black Swan
5. Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
4. The Town
3. The Social Network
2. Toy Story 3
1. Inception

Just outside the Top 10: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Easy A, Micmacs, Salt, RED.

The Kids are All Right would have made my Top 5...but the last 10 minutes of the film ruined it for me. Sad It's still a decent film with incredible acting...just a bad ending.

I also didn't include Temple Grandin because it's an HBO film or Hachiko because it was direct-to-video...but both of those were 5 star films for me.

3Top 10 Movies of the Year Empty Re: Top 10 Movies of the Year Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:08 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow, I don't think I could name 10 movies I saw in theaters this year.

4Top 10 Movies of the Year Empty Re: Top 10 Movies of the Year Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:10 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^
I've watched 85 this year...so far. Laughing

5Top 10 Movies of the Year Empty Re: Top 10 Movies of the Year Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:25 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'll make my list after I watch some DVDs.

6Top 10 Movies of the Year Empty Re: Top 10 Movies of the Year Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:26 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just didn't make it out to the theater as much. Note to self: something to improve on.

7Top 10 Movies of the Year Empty Re: Top 10 Movies of the Year Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:30 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I saw more movies in theaters this year than ever and I think I saw 7.

8Top 10 Movies of the Year Empty Re: Top 10 Movies of the Year Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:34 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

let's see

Wolfman
Iron Man 2
Scott Pilgrim
Inception
True Grit
Toy Story 3
Deathly Hallows pt. 1
Kick-Ass
The Last Airbender (morbid curiosity got the best of me)

yeah, I think that's it, so 9? Yeah, not even 10. womp womp

9Top 10 Movies of the Year Empty Re: Top 10 Movies of the Year Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:34 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

oh, no wait! I saw the Expendables!

so yeah, ten. w00t.

10Top 10 Movies of the Year Empty Re: Top 10 Movies of the Year Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:01 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I only saw Inception and Iron Man 2 in theaters, can't really name 10 until I see a few more movies that I haven't seen. Shutter Island and Inception are def up there though.

11Top 10 Movies of the Year Empty Re: Top 10 Movies of the Year Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:37 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Combo Mo, I hear ya man! Loved the Kids Are Alright til those last 10 minutes, same with True Grit...two special films with specially bad endings...

I also never got to see Machete, Scott Pilgrim and Reds...so much for being a fanboy eh..

12Top 10 Movies of the Year Empty Re: Top 10 Movies of the Year Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:35 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Shutter Island, Machete and Red are still on my must see list before I can make a list. So it could be a month before I have anything for it. Going to buy the latter two, most definitely. Machete's about to come out and Red is at the end of January.

13Top 10 Movies of the Year Empty Re: Top 10 Movies of the Year Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:22 am

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Films I haven't seen this year

Iron Man 2 (I have the blu ray tho)
Predators
True Grit
Tron Legacy (will hopefully be seeing this year)
The Expendables
Red
Shutter Island
Winter Bones
Monsters
Wall Street 2
Black Swan
Machete
Scott Pilgrim
Paranormal Activity 2
Deathly Hallows Part 1
The Town
The Social Network

14Top 10 Movies of the Year Empty Re: Top 10 Movies of the Year Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:33 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Did ANYONE like Iron Man 2 better than the first?

I know I did. I never understood its stale reviews...the film kicked some major ass.

15Top 10 Movies of the Year Empty Re: Top 10 Movies of the Year Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:44 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I haven't seen a whole lot yet from this year, but my favorites of the year so far are Inception, Winter's Bone, Toy Story 3, and Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.

I liked Iron Man 2 but thought it was woefully inferior to the original.

Shutter Island was minor Scorsese but enjoyable for what it was.

16Top 10 Movies of the Year Empty Re: Top 10 Movies of the Year Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:06 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

Let's see what did I see this year.

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief
How to Train Your Dragon
Kick-Ass
Iron Man 2
Toy Story 3
Despicable Me
Predators
Dinner for Schmucks
Get Low
The Other Guys
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Lottery Ticket
Easy A
It's Kind of a Funny Story
Due Date
Megamind

Out of those these are my Top Ten in no real order.

How to Train Your Dragon
Kick-Ass
Iron Man 2
Toy Story 3
Predators
Get Low
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
It's Kind of a Funny Story
Due Date
Megamind

Movies I have yet to see but want to.
The Illusionist
Gulliver's Travels
True Grit
Tron: Legacy
The Tempest
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
Unstoppable
127 Hours
Nowhere Boy
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole
Machete
Winnebago Man
Cyrus
The Karate Kid
The A-Team
Shrek Forever After
MacGruber
Death at a Funeral
Date Night
Hot Tub Time Machine
Legion
Youth in Revolt

I'm sure once I see those my Top Ten List will change a lot.

Of my Top Ten I'd say the best is Get Low, but I'm expecting it to get bumped by at least one of these The Tempest, The Illusionist, and True Grit.

17Top 10 Movies of the Year Empty Re: Top 10 Movies of the Year Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:16 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

1) How to Train your Dragon
2) Iron Man 2
3) Predators
4) the Wolfman
5) Batman Under the Red Hood
6) The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows part 1
8) Machete
9) Clash of the Titans
10) Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

18Top 10 Movies of the Year Empty Re: Top 10 Movies of the Year Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:25 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

Oh yeah I want to see Wolfman too.
Also I thought Iron Man 2 was on par with the first, only slightly better due to all the S.H.E.I.L.D. stuff.

19Top 10 Movies of the Year Empty Re: Top 10 Movies of the Year Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:26 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow I am so behind

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

20Top 10 Movies of the Year Empty Re: Top 10 Movies of the Year Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:53 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Dont even know if I have seen 10 movies from 2010.

Movies I saw so far that I liked:

Harry Potter
Inception
Toy Story 3
127 Hours
Easy A

movies for 2010 I saw and thought were shit:
The Wolfman
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (waaaaaaaaay overrated)
Date Night
Shutter Island
The Book of Eli
Robin Hood

21Top 10 Movies of the Year Empty Re: Top 10 Movies of the Year Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:28 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

There are just too many movies I want to see that I haven't yet, so instead of a top 10 here is a rundown of what I saw in 2010 and what I want to see, but haven't.

Youth in Revolt-Nothing spectacular, but pretty funny and a good showcase of Michael Cera not being Michael Cera. Worth a watch.

Fish Tank-Want to see.

Edge of Darkness-Really solid movie. It's a shame it got buried beneath Mel Gibson's ugly public persona because he does a great job, and the movie is really quite good. Recommended.

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief-A terribly mediocre affair, riddled with problems. Completely unforgettable. Not recommended.

The Wolfman-Not particularly compelling, but not awful. Worth a look if you're in the mood for a monster movie, though I'd recommend the Lon Chaney Jr. original first.

Shutter Island-Great movie with stellar performances. Recommended.

The Red Baron-Want to see.

Cop Out-Bland, pointless, grossly inept. Avoid at all costs.

The Crazies-Competent and interesting. Recommended for fans of the genre.

Defendor-Want to see.

Alice in Wonderland-A visual treat, but a complete letdown in every other department. Dull, lifeless, and a waste of time. Oh yeah, and the Mad Hatter pops and locks. Not recommended.

Brooklyn's Finest-Want to see.

She's Out of My League-Cute, but doesn't do anything noteworthy. Worth a watch if you're into the lewd romantic comedies.

The Runaways-Want to see.

Hot Tub Time Machine-Want to see.

How to Train Your Dragon-Fun and cute movie, despite some awful exposition and poor voice acting. Worth a watch.

Waking Sleeping Beauty-Want to see.

Kick-Ass-Moments of brilliance mixed with moments of mediocrity. Honestly, I'd like to watch it again to get a better impression. For now, I'll go ahead and give it the recommendation.

Oceans-Want to see.

The Losers-Fun, if not cliched, action movie. Does a decent job of adapting the comic book. Recommended for one viewing, though it doesn't hold up real well on repeat watches.

Iron Man 2-Good movie with enough problems to keep it from being a great movie.

Robin Hood-A dreary, turgid affair whose only similarity to the Robin Hood myths is the title. Not recommended.

Get Him to the Greek-Certainly many funny moments, but the movie is a complete mess and is unsure what kind of movie it wants to be. Completely inferior to its predecessor, Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Not recommended.

Jonah Hex-Jonah Hex movie:Jonah Hex comic book::The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen movie:The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen comic book

Seriously, it's as terrible as you heard and more. Incompetent on almost every level (the music is actually kind of cool).

Toy Story 3-A flawless cinematic achievment that somehow manages to surpass its predecessors. Arguably the best movie of the year; highly recommended.

Cyrus-Want to see.

Knight and Day-Some well executed action scenes and a few funny bits, but mostly a confused movie that doesn't know what it wants to be and falls victim to the same old Hollywood tropes we've seen before. Not recommended.

The Kids Are All Right-Want to see.

Inception-Beautiful, mind-bending, exhilarating, and practically perfect in every way. One of the best movies of the century and arguably the best movie of 2010.

The Expendables-Boasting a large-cast, but completely underusing everyone whose name isn't Jason Statham. The few fun action bits are few and far between, the script stupid, and the acting worse. Missed potential all the way around. Not recommended.

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World-A fun movie unlike anyting else released before it. The final act drags things down a bit, but overall it's a fast and funny ride that hipsters and non-hipsters alike will enjoy. Recommended.

Centurion-Want to see.

Easy A-Want to see.

The Town-A solid movie with a tight script and great performances. Recommended.

Let Me In-A dumbed-down, less subtle version of the Swedish original, but still a competent movie. The score is fantastic. Recommended, but only if you've seen the original.

The Social Network-Want to see.

127 Hours-Want to see.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1-Despite only including the boring first half of the book, still a strong effort with only a minimal amount of plodding exposition. Recommended.

Tangled-A fun musical fairy tale with great songs and endearing characters. A small amount of Dreamworks-esque anachronistic sass does mar the movie a bit, but overall its one of the better Disney movies in some time. Not a timeless classic like The Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast, but a solid movie more on par with The Lion King.

The King's Speech-Want to see.

Black Swan-Want to see.

I Love You, Phillip Morris-Want to see.

Tron Legacy-A mostly competent tribute that does the original proud. As with the original, the true merit lies in the visuals and the soundtrack.

True Grit-Want to see.

Blue Valentine-Want to see.

22Top 10 Movies of the Year Empty Re: Top 10 Movies of the Year Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:00 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
Toy Story 3-A flawless cinematic achievment that somehow manages to surpass its predecessors. Arguably the best movie of the year; highly recommended.

Inception-Beautiful, mind-bending, exhilarating, and practically perfect in every way. One of the best movies of the century and arguably the best movie of 2010.

Looks to me like you've got a decision to make.

23Top 10 Movies of the Year Empty Re: Top 10 Movies of the Year Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:12 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gojiratoho wrote:
Joshua wrote:

Looks to me like you've got a decision to make.
Hence the qualifier, arguably.

24Top 10 Movies of the Year Empty Re: Top 10 Movies of the Year Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:28 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You and your "qualifiers".

25Top 10 Movies of the Year Empty Re: Top 10 Movies of the Year Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:06 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

damn I forgot about Scott Pilgrim and Get Him To The Greek. I'd love to see those.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum