Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!!

+17
Mnemosis
Spazzy
Aussiemandias
NorrinRadd
Spider_Fan14
shining knight
alucardbarnivous
Chi-Town Spidey
jaydee74
Debaser77
The Ignored One
Thundermatts
Joshua
Administrator
Esbat
Foxy
BlueMaxx
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

101Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:12 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sadly, I'm kind of agreeing with Aussie. Not going to quit the title, but I thought Dini had stories laid out ahead of time, especially with the delay DC had given him. I mean issue 3 just ended, you know? As in, it was an ending. Fuseli, the trump card mara, just helped her end it, without so much as a need to, it seemed. She ended up taking over Night's mind to say what she wanted him to say, so why not just do that to release Zatara? I realize we've seen the speech between Zatanna and her father, Zatara, a bunch, and we've also seen a good amount of goodbyes, but didn't she just save his soul from oblivion. No, "Bye, pops," or, "Thanks, Magi-munchkin, you saved my spectral ass," from daddy? ...'kay.

Her powers do need a guideline. I know she's matured over the years to where she's the Batman of magic, but she needs some difficulty. That was all, I talk backwards, I win, the end.

Just wanted to vent. Sounded really complainy there, but just want the title to take off. Sneak up and surprise people, show that she's an interesting character. Hated when people complained about her on Justice League Heroes. "Who's she? I'd rather be Aquaman." dry Yes, because talking to fish is way cooler than saying anything backwards and having it come to fruition. Lame asses.

Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 5 15378_400x600
Let's hope Vegas, Zachary Zatara, The Royal Flush Gang, and this mysterious new character helps this series get somewhere. Sigh.

102Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:42 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Unfortunately the Royal Flush Gang just sounds like more mediocrity and uninspired work to me. For me, this book has just been comics going through the motions. Nothing interesting and no real hook.

And to top it off I see that after only a handful of issues there's going to be a fill in artist.

103Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:09 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Me listing them was kind of as a half-joke. Knowing that they have a lot of bad stories, but I kind of like how they are the most recurring of D-listers. And are always changing. Me thinks that this incarnation'll have magics as part of the group. Playing cards are based off of tarot. don't know Doubt it'll be that clever, but who knows.

104Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:48 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

we will seeeeeeee

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

105Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:14 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like the new artist. Stephane will do this and other projects. The way Dini writes is different that what we've grown accustomed to now. The first arc was three issues and that's good.

Hark back to his Detective run and you have two-parters, and solo issues, but it was all tied to the same story in the big picture. I think this is one of the few DC books that isn't tied to anything big like Blarghest Night or Boring Day or the Return of Bruce Wayne. Call me crazy, but that's refreshing. You can just sit back and not have to worry about buying tie-in issues, or worry about what happened in 9 other books.

Is it Dini's best? No. Is he having fun writing it? You bet. Am I having fun reading it? Need you ask?

106Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:03 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I do like the not being tied up in a crossover aspect. They didn't even address Black Lantern Zatara. Um...it could easily get better. I mean, Dini rocks, and this was an opener. You give your least at the beginning. Sometimes by default.

107Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:28 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Precisely. The fact that this is one of DC's few stand-alone books is good enough for me to want it.

108Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:50 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

G_Zatara wrote:Precisely. The fact that this is one of DC's few stand-alone books is good enough for me to want it.
But that's not actually a reason that something's good or not.

109Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:45 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's good in that aspect actually because it's something you can build on. You can't have a Batman cameo now because they're about to do whatever the hell Morrison wants to do. Superman? Nope, until maybe he visits San Fran. GL? Yeah. Right. WW? Doing her own thing. See, it's like EVERYBODY is tied to another big crossover. She can hold her own book. But it's the fact she can't really do anything right now except have her own adventures, which is fine by me.

110Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:30 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

issue 4 was OK, the artist wasn't as good as Roeux imho. the Zach appearance was cool but I'd like to know how the relationship of Zach and Bunny came to be, I mean it seemed like they were just kinda henpecked co-workers. I hope Dini starts getting into established magic villains, the ones he's made are cool so far but i'd rather have Zee fight some Trigon worshippers or Circe or something to avoid repeatition for new baddies MO. I'd also like to work on Zee get more powerful or something like how an above post said earlier.

111Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:59 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

cliff chiang to do an upcoming issue. YEAH BOYEEE!

112Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:03 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Is this series still going on?

113Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:24 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yeah...

114Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:06 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hahahahaha

115Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:06 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm liking it. It's stepping it up like I wanted to.

116Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:26 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i flipped through the ish but the art was much stronger this time. The guy's no rouex though.

117Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:24 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like Dini, but Beechen's story was the funnest to me so far. Smile

Was it me or did the Hollywood cosplayer of Superman at the beginning of issue #7 look like the guy from Confessions of a Superhero? tongue I actually think it might have supposed to have been.

118Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:58 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

119Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:53 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh, I forgit this was out. Should get it sometime. Anyone else think that this is a really under the radar series at DC?

120Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:13 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Most of the really good books are.

121Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:19 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The last issue was pretty entertaining with the puppets. While the book is fun, I was hoping for a series with alittle more impact on the character. I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to stick with this

122Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:17 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

puppets are creepy

123Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:49 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

very!

but how awesome is Chiang's art?

124Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:22 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

amazing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum