Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!!

+17
Mnemosis
Spazzy
Aussiemandias
NorrinRadd
Spider_Fan14
shining knight
alucardbarnivous
Chi-Town Spidey
jaydee74
Debaser77
The Ignored One
Thundermatts
Joshua
Administrator
Esbat
Foxy
BlueMaxx
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Sat May 22, 2010 8:47 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Pretty good opening issue. I liked the art and writing.

77Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Mon May 24, 2010 2:09 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, I can't wrap my brain around the hate for Roux's art.

78Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Mon May 24, 2010 10:28 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rolling Eyes

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

79Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Wed May 26, 2010 6:49 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've been a big fan of Stephane Roux's covers and other one pagers for DC over the last few years so that was one of the reasons I was keen to pick up the first issue and I wasn't disappointed with that aspect of it. I really like Roux's work on this.

However, I found myself a little underwhelmed by the story at this stage. Just didn't engage me. Part of that may be that Zatanna's talking backwards magic just has never really impressed me. It just seems like a gimmicky idea that has stuck around maybe longer than it should have. Anyway, by no means do I think the story was bad and I'll definitely give the series a few issues before I make up my mind about it. I'll probably just say if you took the magic out of the story and you're left with a gangster type story was there anything really new here? Basically a new player in town is muscling in. Kind of seen it a million times before.

Anyway, let's see what future issues bring.

80Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:57 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hope it doesn't get cancelled, that's all I'll say. Smile

elijahdprophet wrote:I really liked the first issue. I think it is a really solid set up. The only thing I wish is that it was a Vertigo title, because I really like the way Z interacted with Constantine and that crowd.
I didn't see John. Where was he?

81Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:06 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

in Hellblazer where she made a cameo or two.

They dated in college.

82Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:06 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jealous?

83Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:11 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

G_Zatara wrote:in Hellblazer where she made a cameo or two.

They dated in college.
Oh, my fault, I read it wrong. I took it as he was in the background or something. But yea, I knew that. They were lovers for a brief time. It was in his title and Books of Magic. Oh, and her mini mentioned it, I thought.

Spazzy wrote:jealous?
I am. Constantine's a cool guy, but for Zee? He's a douche. Mad Laughing

84Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:21 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So I read the first issue and really enjoyed it. I feel like Dini is going to make Zatanna sort of like a female Harry Dresden. A magician who does consulting work with the police. I hope that is the way it goes because if so, I would so be on board for that. I also like the writing and the art from the first issue. It's very impressive.

85Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:22 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didnt think of that. I LOVEE Dresden! I love you

86Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:25 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spazzy wrote:I didnt think of that. I LOVEE Dresden! I love you
I'm on book 4 right now and I've seen the entire series from SciFi. Anyway, I hope Dini does something like that because he's so good with Detective type stories and I would love to see Zatanna sorta like that. It brings in two genres and I think that's Dini's strength. As far as first issues go, this was very enjoyable.

87Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:14 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That's basically the plan for now.

88Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:16 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nice. Looks like I'm officially on board then.

89Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:07 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

She more like John Taylor to me. Wink NIGHTSIDE!!!
Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 4 51RYZZ9H9KL._BO01,224,223,220_SY120_SH20_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_OU01_

90Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:54 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well with issue #2 this still really isn't grabbing me. Not sure what it is, maybe it's just me, but I just don't feel there's anything all that special going on here. Personally I find the whole "mystic and mundane lord of the San Francisco underworld" somewhat ho hum and perhaps that's the key of it for me, that the villain isn't particularly interesting (they say a hero is only as good as their villains). I'll still give it another issue to really decide on whether I'll continue with it or not.

I do, however, really like Stephane Roux's art. It's really nice and certainly suits this book.

Last edited by Aussiemandias on Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

91Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:41 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

it does need to pick up, but I think it's just getting started.

92Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:37 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Next issue with her father could be interesting. Last time we saw them together was when she was trying to free his soul from Nekron during Reign in Hell.

93Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:44 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No, wasn't he a Black Lantern? And they fought in some random issue of JLA?

94Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:51 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yes. It was in an issue of the JLA. I think a few members were fighting dead JLA Detroit members while Zee and her father were battling it out and hurting my head from trying to read too many word balloons with backwards sentences.

95Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:06 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

G_Zatara wrote:No, wasn't he a Black Lantern? And they fought in some random issue of JLA?

But that wasn't really him, as were none of the other BL's. I meant an interaction with her real father, which was in Reign in Hell where he was still trapped.

96Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:10 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
G_Zatara wrote:No, wasn't he a Black Lantern? And they fought in some random issue of JLA?

But that wasn't really him, as were none of the other BL's. I meant an interaction with her real father, which was in Reign in Hell where he was still trapped.

Yep I agree with you, LordD3r3k, that was the last time we saw him for real. Black Lanterns were just animated corpses that had been embedded with the host's memories.

97Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:50 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yea, that should get crazy. Everyone thought Zatara sacrificed himself to an oblivion of sorts, but apparenlty Brother Dark nabbed him. I like where it's going with the mysterious Zee.

98Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:18 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well #3 is my last issue of this. I love Stephane Roux's art but Dini's story is just dull and uninspiring and very poorly executed. Has not hooked me in at all. And to top it off I find Zatanna's type of magic pretty uninteresting in itself. The whole talk backwards thing is a gimmick from a much simpler age.

99Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:38 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I missed ish #2 but caught #3. Decent story and art, liked how Zee made that nightmare guy her man-beotch.

100Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Zatanna Ongoing CONFIRMED!!! Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:04 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum