Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern

+57
vikoros
Heytherejeffro
SexyToaster
Rath99
Airwolf
Parallax_48
kidspider2099
BigSoupCan
Sandman
Denim
potatojoe
Hannibal king
Spazzy
rwe1138
Janson
colossus1979
Jherek
Gojiratoho
krpykrwly
comicgeekelly
Off_White_Lantern
ChrisToPhenom
supervenom
Tom
azrael07
elijahdprophet
Astro13Zombie
Scarie187
deadbolt85
Warren_Worthington IV
G_Zatara
Paroxysm
Spider_Fan14
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Foreigner_Man
prescribeddrone
Esbat
TENIME_art
Ben Akers
Combo Mo
Fresh03
Bigtymin504
Spaced4SimonPegg
Silent K
jaydee74
Dr. Jonathan Crane
Batman25JM
Administrator
BlueMaxx
Topcat
shining knight
Thundermatts
shiky800
Joshua
Debaser77
superdoug
Lee
61 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 23]

301Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:12 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^It wouldn't surprise me. tongue

302Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:17 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^It wouldn't surprise me. tongue
Oh you secretly love Grant Morrison. You probably have his picture over your bed. As for the costume, give it a chance. Wait til you see it in actual screen grabs before you pass judgement. The lack of black in my opinion is probably a production thing. As for the glowy lines, the costume is supposed to look like a construct. It supposed to be seaping with energy from the ring. Give it a chance and I think you might change your mind you Morrison loving man. Wink

303Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:31 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:^It wouldn't surprise me. tongue
Oh you secretly love Grant Morrison. You probably have his picture over your bed. As for the costume, give it a chance. Wait til you see it in actual screen grabs before you pass judgement. The lack of black in my opinion is probably a production thing. As for the glowy lines, the costume is supposed to look like a construct. It supposed to be seaping with energy from the ring. Give it a chance and I think you might change your mind you Morrison loving man. Wink

Alright you caught me, I admit it. I have a shrine to Morrison in my closet. I dance around naked every night as tribute to the mortal god. Laughing

As for the costume, the lack of black doesn't bother me too much. I just hate the lines with a passion. I get that it's supposed to be a construct, but the costume in the book is too, and it doesn't have lines like that. If they wanted to show it was energy, just have green electrical type energy sparking around it. I'll wait to see what the final product looks like, but so far I hate it.

304Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:38 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Alright you caught me, I admit it. I have a shrine to Morrison in my closet. I dance around naked every night as tribute to the mortal god. Laughing
Shocked
I KNEW IT!!

Batman25JM wrote:
As for the costume, the lack of black doesn't bother me too much. I just hate the lines with a passion. I get that it's supposed to be a construct, but the costume in the book is too, and it doesn't have lines like that. If they wanted to show it was energy, just have green electrical type energy sparking around it. I'll wait to see what the final product looks like, but so far I hate it.
I think the emerald aura for the movie might not look very cool and considering that the costume itself is already CGI, it might explain why the people who are making the movie decided to go with this instead. Just remember this. Geoff Johns have been checking this out and I think if he likes it, then in Geoff we should trust.

305Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:42 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

Yeah and if it were sparking off the costume it would long like it was about to explode or something.

306Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:47 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:Alright you caught me, I admit it. I have a shrine to Morrison in my closet. I dance around naked every night as tribute to the mortal god. Laughing
Shocked
I KNEW IT!!

Yeah, I also named my man parts after him. The left one is Grant and the right one is Morrison. Very Happy

Batman25JM wrote:"Batman25JM"]
I think the emerald aura for the movie might not look very cool and considering that the costume itself is already CGI, it might explain why the people who are making the movie decided to go with this instead. Just remember this. Geoff Johns have been checking this out and I think if he likes it, then in Geoff we should trust.[/quote]

Personally I think the aura would look fine, but I'm not in the business.

I think if they wanted to show the energy they way to go was to make it look like a Super Saiyan 2 from Dragon Ball Z. They have a lightning like energy around them. If they'd have made Hal's energy look like that (except green) then I think it would have looked cool.

Super Saiyan 2:
Green Lantern - Page 13 1248320020

307Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:51 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yes, but your anime example is a cartoon and we're talking live action movie here. I think you can get away with certain things when it comes to animation that won't work in live action and that's why they went the route they did with the costume.

As for your man parts. Dude, I like you but that's just info I didn't need to know. Wink

308Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:59 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Yes, but your anime example is a cartoon and we're talking live action movie here. I think you can get away with certain things when it comes to animation that won't work in live action and that's why they went the route they did with the costume.

Yeah, but I don't think having energy circling around a person is some super complicated, undoable thing for live action. I actually think it'd be VERY easy for them to do. All it would be is green electricity.

jaydee74 wrote:
As for your man parts. Dude, I like you but that's just info I didn't need to know. Wink

Hey, you were the one who pried me about my Morrison love. Wink

309Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:44 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Maybe it's not super complicated to do the electricity effect as you said but the problem is that I would have hated that considering that there is not electricity effect coming off of Green Lanterns in the comics. It's energy so the lines in the costume look like energy that could burst off the costume. See, if they had gone the comic route and used emerald auras, somehow that would have looked lame to me. I think what they are doing in this is interesting and a unique take on the costume and I think when it comes right down to it, you cannot judge a costume from seeing it one time in a promo photo.

310Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:55 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern creators past and present shed some light on their opinion of the GL movie costume

http://blog.newsarama.com/2010/07/15/green-lantern-creators-past-and-present-shed-some-light-on-their-opinion-of-the-gl-movie-costume/

311Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:41 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

totally agree with all the opinions in favor. Was thinking that last night. How, if the ring does create the costume, it would be solid light made from the Green Lantern's power.

312Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:06 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am going to wait to see more pictures of the costume before I can say if I like it or not. That one picture on Entertainment Weekly is not enough for me, I want to see a full shot, as well as other poses.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

313Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:17 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What he said. I need to see more.

314Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:06 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Maybe it's not super complicated to do the electricity effect as you said but the problem is that I would have hated that considering that there is not electricity effect coming off of Green Lanterns in the comics. It's energy so the lines in the costume look like energy that could burst off the costume. See, if they had gone the comic route and used emerald auras, somehow that would have looked lame to me. I think what they are doing in this is interesting and a unique take on the costume and I think when it comes right down to it, you cannot judge a costume from seeing it one time in a promo photo.

Well, in the comics, there aren't lines of energy streaking through the costume either.

If you look at the ring in the picture it has energy coming out of it. I was just thinking something like that sparking around his body would have looked better.

I also have to say that I really do think the aura would have looked fine, as long as it was toned down a little.

Oh, and why exactly do they have to make it clear that the suit is a construct? Why do they need energy through it to show that? Just clearly show him making it, and have some dialogue explaining it and you're fine. I think just having the chest emblem and rings glow would have been more than enough.

I know it's only one shot, and it could very well look better in action and in other shots, but so far I detest the suit. I like it less and less I see it, and to date I'd say it's my least favorite comic books movie costume. Let me put it this way, I like the Batsuit with the nipples better than the GL costume (at least so far).

315Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:13 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can't think of any costume that is worse than the Bat-Nipples. Nothing is worse than that. Oh, This costume was pretty shit too.
Green Lantern - Page 13 Steel
Nothing is worse than this crap.

316Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:32 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern - Page 13 Catwoman-5307
Erotic Maus! Die Fledermaus' ex-wife.

317Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:23 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

/twitch

fucking /twitch

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

318Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:36 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Green Lantern - Page 13 Catwoman-5307
Erotic Maus! Die Fledermaus' ex-wife.

affraid

I stand corrected. This is shit. The GL costume is nowhere near this bad.

319Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:50 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern - Page 13 A3cc48

320Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:28 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Haha! Now I'm wondering if the costume of light is mimicking muscle tissues. tongue

321Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:02 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Haha! Now I'm wondering if the costume of light is mimicking muscle tissues. tongue
i thought the same thing

322Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:08 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So some lady that's working on the Green Lantern movie here in New Orleans came into my business today...I tried not to be a giddy fanboy with a million questions lol but I did manage to get a few tidbits.

I asked her about the rumor that Ryan Reynolds broke his shoulder on set, she said that was a total false rumor. Then I asked her if there will be a GL trailer at Comic Con, she said definitely yes. Then I told her to bring RR to the shop one day, she said yes, we'll see if she holds to it. Laughing happy

323Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:09 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:So some lady that's working on the Green Lantern movie here in New Orleans came into my business today...I tried not to be a giddy fanboy with a million questions lol but I did manage to get a few tidbits.

I asked her about the rumor that Ryan Reynolds broke his shoulder on set, she said that was a total false rumor. Then I asked her if there will be a GL trailer at Comic Con, she said definitely yes. Then I told her to bring RR to the shop one day, she said yes, we'll see if she holds to it. Laughing happy

That's freaking awesome.

324Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:00 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Get pics.

325Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:02 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja