Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Are Your Recent Purchases? What Are You Reading Now?

+49
Parallax_48
Tomer Soiker
Big Poppa Nick
potatojoe
jestghost
kidspider2099
Spazzy
boberthavok
Batman25JM
Bigtymin504
Aussiemandias
Lord PaulVincent
joegavilan
prescribeddrone
G_Zatara
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
kreepfan
LOOSECANNON
Warren_Worthington IV
flux336
comicgeekelly
GigaToast
Spaced4SimonPegg
jaydee74
supervenom
THALASTDRAGON
Winter Decay
Matt
pumkinheadfan
Esbat
Ben Akers
melvinlikechris
Thundermatts
Metal Misfit
Spider_Fan14
Sci-Fi
Joshua
TheUnalteredOne
gangsternerd
Toothgrinder
The Ignored One
Ric Magnum
blue halo
Denim
NorrinRadd
BlueMaxx
shining knight
alucardbarnivous
Administrator
53 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 14]

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just recieved Sleeper: Season 2 in the mail. Hopefully I get around to reading it soon.

GigaToast

GigaToast
Ninja
Ninja

I just got the first 18 issues of the mid 80s Blue Beetle series from ebay. Smile

http://www.gigatoast.deviantart.com

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I got the first issues of:

Chew
The Losers
Marvel Zombies
Hellblazer

and I bought The Walking Dead Volume 2

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Wow! First issues of Chew, Hellblazer and Marvel Zombies are pricey.

GigaToast wrote:I just got the first 18 issues of the mid 80s Blue Beetle series from ebay. Smile
I've been looking at that series ever since Countdown. Give me a heads up if you liked it. I know I definitely want to get Justice League America (JLI) at some point.

GigaToast

GigaToast
Ninja
Ninja

^will do sir! Wink

I have the 4 JLI HCs and I have to say I enjoyed them quite a bit. They're a little more light-hearted than your normal JL stories but not overly "jokey". I also picked up "Formerly Known as the Justice League" & "I can't believe it's not the Justice League". I liked them a lot. Same creative team & characters and Kevin Maguire knocks it out of the park with the art. That man can draw facial expressions like no one else! They're a little goofier (story-wise) than the JLI series but that isn't necessarily a bad thing! Smile

http://www.gigatoast.deviantart.com

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:I got the first issues of:

Chew
The Losers
Marvel Zombies
Hellblazer

and I bought The Walking Dead Volume 2
No Hack/Slash? Sad Getting mine tomorrow!Smile

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Wow! First issues of Chew, Hellblazer and Marvel Zombies are pricey.

GigaToast wrote:I just got the first 18 issues of the mid 80s Blue Beetle series from ebay. Smile
I've been looking at that series ever since Countdown. Give me a heads up if you liked it. I know I definitely want to get Justice League America (JLI) at some point.
I collected Blue Beetle for a while when it came out back then and, quite frankly, it was pretty mediocre. Nothing special at all. JLI on the other hand was great fun.

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

[quote="BlueMaxx"]^ Wow! First issues of Chew, Hellblazer and Marvel Zombies are pricey.[quote]

No it was the 1 dollar issues you can get. They are about 15 pages long.

pumkinheadfan wrote:No Hack/Slash? Sad Getting mine tomorrow!Smile

Lucky. The comic book store I went to didn't have any Hack/Slash. I actually got a tweet from Tim Seeley on Twitter...it was sooo cool. Very Happy

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

just read:

nova 23-34
war of kings 2-6

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:

Lucky. The comic book store I went to didn't have any Hack/Slash.I actually got a tweet from Tim Seeley on Twitter...it was sooo cool. Very Happy

cool! Tim also checks in here almost daily:
http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=180920&page=134

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Today I bought Robin: To Kill a Bird and Robin: Days of Fire and Madness. I'm a HUGE Tim Drake fan, so I can't wait to read these.

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Today I read Daredevil vol. 10: The Widow. I'm so pissed at myself for not reading Daredevil. It's sooooooo good!

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^DD is great! Shame on you for not reading it (until now).Laughing

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It took this long for somebody to actually recommend Daredevil to me.

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow, really? That's shocking. Daredevil has been fantastic for years. Bendis and Brubaker's runs were amazing (Kevin Smith's was great too), and Diggle's run is kicking all kinds of ass.

Daredevil has been my #1 recommendation for a while now. I can't speak highly enough of it.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm going to start buying the issues with Shadowland. I really hate doing this, but I torrented the entire Daredevil series starting with Kevin Smith's run and I've been loving it. Now I'm just hoping to eventually buy all the trades when I can find them for a good price.

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

yeah dd is great. i like tha character, i just hadnt read any dd til a couple years ago, at tha time it was on issue 106, and i bought 100-106 at my lcs on free comic book day cuz they were on sale. and i wanted tha entire run of issues, and i found tha entire run from one seller, and their buy-it-now wasnt too bad, but i made them another offer, and they accepted, so i got tha full run for a great price. i just had to replace a few newsstand/reprint issues tho. but i luv tha series.

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yesterday I got the second Brubaker Daredivel Omnibus in the mail, and today I got Robin: Unmasked! at my LCS.

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just read the 1st chapter of Chew. It was pretty good. I also read the 1st chapter of Hellblazer I thought I would really enjoy it, but it just didn't hold my attention plus I didn't like the illustration of it.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ The first trade isn't, IMO. Read Ennis or Ellis. My favorite collections were from Azzarello. Constantine is a fun character, it's just his early stuff--while innovative at the time--is pretty weaksauce with todays stuff. Especially for Vertigo.

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Finally got to my LCS and picked up Hack/Slash: My first Maniac#1!Very Happy

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ The first trade isn't, IMO. Read Ennis or Ellis. My favorite collections were from Azzarello. Constantine is a fun character, it's just his early stuff--while innovative at the time--is pretty weaksauce with todays stuff. Especially for Vertigo.

I love Ennis and I have some Ellis's stuff on my amazon list. I actually follow Ellis on twitter Laughing . Constantine seemed like it could be fun I liked a lot of the dialogue but the illustration were a distraction for me..it felt really early 80's for some reason. Can you go further in the story or do you have to start with the first issue and go through them all?

pumkinheadfan wrote:Finally got to my LCS and picked up Hack/Slash: My first Maniac#1!Very Happy

I.Totally.Hate.You. Wink Laughing

Let me know how it is.

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Today I read Blackest Night, Blackest Night: Batman, Blackest Night: Flash, and the Green Lantern issues that tied into the main story.

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:

Let me know how it is.

Well, it was good and I just found out that Image totally sold out of the first pressing of the issue and won't have anymore til they release issue #2. Sorry to break the news. neutral

http://www.brokenfrontier.com/headlines/p/detail/hack-and-slashing-and-selling-out

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

pumkinheadfan wrote:
Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:

Let me know how it is.

Well, it was good and I just found out that Image totally sold out of the first pressing of the issue and won't have anymore til they release issue #2. Sorry to break the news. neutral

http://www.brokenfrontier.com/headlines/p/detail/hack-and-slashing-and-selling-out

Your pure evil Mad
That is cool and that it sucks it was sold out. Maybe Ebay has some.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum