Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fantastic Four

+23
Joshua
LordD3r3k
TheBrownLantern
Sinister Dolphin
Janson
Spazzy
shining knight
Denim
jaydee74
rwe1138
Spider_Fan14
Foreigner_Man
FusionJorge
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Aussiemandias
Bigtymin504
Fresh03
Batman25JM
Nymn
hrdwrkngXsoldier
prescribeddrone
Ska
LOOSECANNON
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

126Fantastic Four - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:49 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Was there a body?

127Fantastic Four - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:01 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Was there a body?

Looked like the character was dead on the last page.

128Fantastic Four - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:03 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

They show him on the next page...

Spoiler:

129Fantastic Four - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:05 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Gotcha. Thanks guys

130Fantastic Four - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:23 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:

They show him on the next page...

Spoiler:

Wow. That's just........wow.

131Fantastic Four - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:59 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Nice to see an issue live up the hype.

Everything else that's been said about it has already been said.

4.5/5

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

132Fantastic Four - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:27 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I did LOL hard at one part this issue...

Namor: "Woman you do not turn away from--"

Sue: *smacks Namor to the ground* "Honor the deal, Namor. I'm done asking nicely"

Namor: "YOU DARE?!"

Sue: "You're damn right I do. In case you missed it, these are my people now. I rule here. And I am a queen that bows to no king."

Namor: *blank stare* "God, you are magnificent."

Sue: *rolls eyes*

Laughing

133Fantastic Four - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:46 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:I did LOL hard at one part this issue...

Sue: *smacks Namor to the ground* "Honor the deal, Namor. I'm done asking nicely"

Sue: "You're damn right I do. In case you missed it, these are my people now. I rule here. And I am a queen that bows to no king."

Laughing

Laughing neutral huh scratch
Say what now? Sue is the Queen of Atlantis?

134Fantastic Four - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:49 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:

Laughing

Laughing neutral huh scratch
Say what now? Sue is the Queen of Atlantis?

yes You really gotta read this epic run by Hickman man.

135Fantastic Four - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:00 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It looks like it.

136Fantastic Four - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:44 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing
Laughing

I love Namor so much.

137Fantastic Four - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:22 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fantastic Four #588 preview (Final Issue!)
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=30570

*Spoilers*

Fantastic Four - Page 6 Prev_img-4
Fantastic Four - Page 6 Prev_img-3
Fantastic Four - Page 6 Prev_img-2
Fantastic Four - Page 6 Prev_img-1
Fantastic Four - Page 6 Prev_img

Way to console the kid uncle Spidey.

138Fantastic Four - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:06 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That's pretty damn cool. Spidey rocks.

139Fantastic Four - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:22 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The best part about this is that Hickman says this is just the end of Act 1 of his planned run. He's in this for the long haul, thank God.

140Fantastic Four - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:53 pm

O_o

O_o
Cadet
Cadet

That's awesome, I love Hickman on this title so much. I hope he stays on for years.

141Fantastic Four - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:59 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Someone at CBR predicted Doom will help get Johnny Back after they restore his intelligence... seems plausible.

142Fantastic Four - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:37 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue #587
Well I enjoyed this as always. This book has been top notch since Hickman came on board. Johnny dying was pretty much in line with what I think most of us have been thinking here for a while (if you scroll back I'm pretty sure not too many people tipped anyone else). I like that the plan is that it's just going to be the 3 of them now (at least that's my understanding) and not get a replacement - maybe longer term that would work but I think for the characters it would lessen Johnny's memory at the moment just to automatically replace him.

It was an epic way to go out for Johnny - I thought that was great. The scenes between Johnny and Ben at the end were beautifully done and that final panel, very touching.

I have a minor quibble though and I'd be very keen for other views on this. I thought that during the fight in the Baxter Building and then even during Johnny's last stand that his powers were underutilised. He just never seemed to unleash to me. I kept expecting it and it didn't happen. And then even at the end, I was also thinking he didn't actually have to fight that horde - he'd done what he needed to, to close the gate, couldn't he have just flown away into the negative zone or is the inference that there was no chance to get away? Did these things cross anyone else's minds?

Actually, considering the death, there just wouldn't be a body. He'd be torn to shreds. However......in his very last scene I don't believe you could categorically say he was dead in that moment - he may have been unconscious. And then you don't exactly see the tearing his body apart moment (and probably rightly so - that would be bad taste I think). So, to me, if anyone ever wants an out to bring him back, it's there. Not saying he's not meant to be dead at the moment but I certainly think the opportunity is there for the future to have him return - and I would suggest in the world of comics and how characters don't stay dead that's pretty good writing to allow that for future writers of the book.

Laughing

That "God, you are magnificent" line and then Sue rolling her eyes was superb. I think Hickman's got that particular relationship down just perfect.

143Fantastic Four - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:47 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

More previews from 588

Fantastic Four - Page 6 29dxr1z

Fantastic Four - Page 6 2qi1qhj

144Fantastic Four - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:06 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

prescribeddrone wrote:Someone at CBR predicted Doom will help get Johnny Back after they restore his intelligence... seems plausible.
Plausible, yes. But from the interviews I've read with Hickman, unless he's being intentionally deceitful (which other creators have done in order to preserve upcoming story beats), I don't think he has any plans to bring back Johnny during his run.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

145Fantastic Four - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:42 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So l like the funeral page and seeing Doom but I'm more curious about the second page that has me curious. What is that little skirmish about? Is that Ben just needing to let off some steam and Thor and the Hulk just helping him out?

146Fantastic Four - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:18 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm clueless myself. If it was just Hulk, I'd say memories but Thor? The Thing would not punch Thor like that unless he went bad or something, so yeah color me curious as well.

147Fantastic Four - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:22 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

I think he's taking out frustration on robots or holograms.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

148Fantastic Four - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:26 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:Issue #587I have a minor quibble though and I'd be very keen for other views on this. I thought that during the fight in the Baxter Building and then even during Johnny's last stand that his powers were underutilised. He just never seemed to unleash to me. I kept expecting it and it didn't happen. And then even at the end, I was also thinking he didn't actually have to fight that horde - he'd done what he needed to, to close the gate, couldn't he have just flown away into the negative zone or is the inference that there was no chance to get away? Did these things cross anyone else's minds?

Yeah this crossed my mind too. I don't think there was much chance for him to get away, plus this was supposed to be his heroic stand so fleeing the scene was out of the question in his mind I think. I was kinda expecting Johnny to go "nova" though after he said flame on. Maybe he sorta wanted this to be his last stand and just accepted it, or maybe they jumped on him too quickly.

Aussiemandias wrote:

Actually, considering the death, there just wouldn't be a body. He'd be torn to shreds. However......in his very last scene I don't believe you could categorically say he was dead in that moment - he may have been unconscious. And then you don't exactly see the tearing his body apart moment (and probably rightly so - that would be bad taste I think). So, to me, if anyone ever wants an out to bring him back, it's there. Not saying he's not meant to be dead at the moment but I certainly think the opportunity is there for the future to have him return - and I would suggest in the world of comics and how characters don't stay dead that's pretty good writing to allow that for future writers of the book.

Agreed. Hickman could very well have every intention to keep Johnny dead forever, that doesn't mean the next creator on the book feels the same way in say a year, 5 years, 20 years, etc. If that happens, it happens and will be judged on its own merits. That's just the nature of the superhero comics medium, it either works or it doesn't. It will still have no bearing on how well executed and heroic this death was.

Aussiemandias wrote:

Laughing

That "God, you are magnificent" line and then Sue rolling her eyes was superb. I think Hickman's got that particular relationship down just perfect.

Oh yeah, one of the 500 things Hickman is doing a great job with on this book.

149Fantastic Four - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:05 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:

Actually, considering the death, there just wouldn't be a body. He'd be torn to shreds. However......in his very last scene I don't believe you could categorically say he was dead in that moment - he may have been unconscious. And then you don't exactly see the tearing his body apart moment

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Agreed. Hickman could very well have every intention to keep Johnny dead forever, that doesn't mean the next creator on the book feels the same way in say a year, 5 years, 20 years, etc.

Well, I only ask for 2 reasons..

1. This being superhero comics and we know death isn't permanent, I was curious as to how exactly the death was handled.

2. Since we don't actually see a dead body, perhaps the horde was simply meant to incapacitate Johnny in order for him to be used in some plot Annihilus is cooking up.

Or he might just be dead Laughing

150Fantastic Four - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:17 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Well, I only ask for 2 reasons..

1. This being superhero comics and we know death isn't permanent, I was curious as to how exactly the death was handled.

2. Since we don't actually see a dead body, perhaps the horde was simply meant to incapacitate Johnny in order for him to be used in some plot Annihilus is cooking up.

Or he might just be dead Laughing

Yep its superhero comics so any of this is possible!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum