Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fantastic Four

+23
Joshua
LordD3r3k
TheBrownLantern
Sinister Dolphin
Janson
Spazzy
shining knight
Denim
jaydee74
rwe1138
Spider_Fan14
Foreigner_Man
FusionJorge
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Aussiemandias
Bigtymin504
Fresh03
Batman25JM
Nymn
hrdwrkngXsoldier
prescribeddrone
Ska
LOOSECANNON
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

26Fantastic Four - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:15 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

# 575 was a real good, single story! Wow! I hope to see this trend continue in more Marvel books. It's a nice change of pace sometimes.

27Fantastic Four - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:32 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

FF #575

While not as interesting or entertaining as the previous arc with all the Reeds, this was still a decent read. I wonder if High Evolutionary will show up to see his city returned. The thing about the machine would have actually made HE smarter is kind of a scry prospect to consider. Mole man should be happy though, the city isn't disruptiong the underworld any longer. I did sit there and count the Four subteranian cities...1,2,3,4! I guess we know where Future Franklin's warning might be dealing with now with the war of the 4 cities.

Where is Doom war going to tie into all of this plus seige?

28Fantastic Four - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:50 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I agree with HardWorkingXSoldier, so I'm not going to write anything for this issue. It was pretty awesome to look at, but I didn't take a whole lot from it...definitely setting up the stage for a great run. 3.5/5

Doom's in every book right now....well...now that he's taking off from the Thor book (and not participating in Siege, apparently), I suppose Doomwar will be all about him...and, of course the FF book.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

29Fantastic Four - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:32 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:FF #575

I did sit there and count the Four subteranian cities...1,2,3,4! I guess we know where Future Franklin's warning might be dealing with now with the war of the 4 cities.
I think the 4 subterranean cities were just a bit of a sleight of hand. I think the first city is definitely the High Evolutionary's but I suspect the other three may not be those others we saw in this book. Could be wrong but we'll see.

30Fantastic Four - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:43 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

FF #576

Another stellar issue! Another misleading cover! That's okay though. Didn't we all wish we had the ellaborate mind of Johnathan Hickman? This guy could be the architect of society if he wanted to; especially upon hearing the latest interview about his forthcoming S.H.I.E.L.D. book. As for this ish, he takes the FF 20,000 leagues under the sea...and gives us all the fantastic, the realism and the humor needed to make a complete story. You've got to love how Hickman also makes sure to focus on one particular FF member at a time, with this Invisible Woman. A lot of these stories could be read enjoyably on their own, yet still all work towards something bigger. And that's scary.

Oh, Eaglesham? #576 is easily the shining highlight in his Fantastic Four-penciling resume. Just watch him visually narrate more than half the book on his own, and tell me how unimpressed you were. You won't. With so much on Hickman's mind, I don't fault him for using the iPad-inspired epilogue these past two issues. We don't really need to see those ideas placed into scenary in forthcoming issues, and it comes across pretty humorous anyway. Mark Waid, you have a challenger.

4/5 Bags&Boards - If you don't already know by now...

31Fantastic Four - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:06 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I loved #576. Hickman has made this book so dynamic and diverse, we get something fresh and new every issue. Now we're seeing a new lost city of Atlantis hidden under Antarctica with new underwater races. I wonder how Namor will react to this news. Eaglesham is the star of this issue though with that long silent sequence. That was just awesome. Plus I loved that Sue got the spotlight this issue. Oh and Johnny's outfit was classic! Laughing

32Fantastic Four - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:50 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:I loved #576. Hickman has made this book so dynamic and diverse, we get something fresh and new every issue. Now we're seeing a new lost city of Atlantis hidden under Antarctica with new underwater races. I wonder how Namor will react to this news. Eaglesham is the star of this issue though with that long silent sequence. That was just awesome. Plus I loved that Sue got the spotlight this issue. Oh and Johnny's outfit was classic! Laughing
That outfit was funny. It's interesting what Hickman's doing here. This is the Prime Elements arc - we've had earth (last issue) and now water (this issue). Reed was the focus of last issue, this time it was Sue. Wonder if we're looking at fire and air coming up next with Johnny and Ben to take centre stage?

Fantastic Four is now everything I'd hoped Hickman would bring to it. The sense of adventure is back. I also notice the sales have been going up which is "fantastic" news.

In addition I'm thoroughly enjoying the letters page. Franklin's complaints about not aging were pretty amusing.

Don't need to say much else about the art - I've said before Eaglesham was born for the Fantastic Four.

33Fantastic Four - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:15 pm

FusionJorge

FusionJorge
Cadet
Cadet

I've been an avid FF Fan for years, and have suffered through highs and lows, I'm glad to see that the book is finally on a "high" again, as Marvel's flagship, it deserves a little more attention and better storylines than some of the things we've been getting. The whole "Solve Everything" was handled very well and it's good to see that they gave Reed some heart. I'm eager to see what they do with Ben and Johnny in the upcoming months. I also love that they did the throwback to the 70's for the logo!

http://www.myspace.com/fusionjorge

34Fantastic Four - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:17 pm

FusionJorge

FusionJorge
Cadet
Cadet

Aussiemandias wrote:
Don't need to say much else about the art - I've said before Eaglesham was born for the Fantastic Four.

Agreed, the artwork is great, some of my fave stuff since Paul Ryan's run in the 90's. I felt he always captured the essence of the team and when crossovers happened, the characters were true to their own book and how we perceive them.

http://www.myspace.com/fusionjorge

35Fantastic Four - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:18 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Alright, now issue 577 was crazy, lol. But in a good Kirby style Fantastic Four kind of way.

The Four Cities stuff mentioned by future Franklin is starting to shape up as we seen another of the cities revealed, and Hickman has gone all out with this one as we get a hint of just how broad his brush strokes are going to be when this is all said and done, seriously what he laid out in this issue and who all he just brought into the mix was just phenominally done. Every time I think he can't top last issue he punches me in the face for not believing in him.

Eaglesham, as always, provided absoluely goregous art, and he has heard the fans and slimmed Reed down a bit in this issue giving him a more traditional look.

36Fantastic Four - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:14 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

FF #577

While enjoying these Prime Elements "one and done"-shots that set up a much larger story, I'm disappointed only by the lack of tying in the intergalactic exploration issue with Abnett & Lanning's current story. I commend Hickman for going above and beyond the call of duty with all this stuff he has no problem saying, "just making stuff up," for all these elements contain the sheerest of imaginations. Eaglesham's art is getting smoother by the issue, becoming so intrinsic with the FF that we now forget some of the characters looked as if they hopped on "the juice." Admittingly, I was underwhelmed by the splash page near the issue's climax. Is it beautiful? Absolutely. Is it just a bunch of strange-looking celestial beings sitting around doing nothing? That's the deal. This entire issue was one long monologue, this coming from a reviewer who enjoys Hickman's Homepad epilogues after every issue.

If indeed these last few issues are further explored, then I'm all for it. If they serve as lonely teasers only to show that Reed can be overwhelmed, I'll have to question it's intended verity. Regardless, with Annihilus looming next issue, it should be interesting whether the creators connect all the pieces or add another element to an already overwhelming map of FF's distinct voyage.

3.5/5 Bags&Boards - Not my favorite of the Four Kingdoms issues; still, it's near impossible to question Hickman's impressive ambition.

37Fantastic Four - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:43 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fantastic Four #577

Hickman is brilliant yet again. I’m wondering though how nobody here knows that the Inhumans of Attilan are the supreme rulers of most of the cosmos. Oh and why the hell doesn’t Read Richards say “Crikey, there's a big rip in space time out there?” This is a guy that the X-Men couldn’t fool, but he doesn’t acknowledge that their may be a bigger problem in the universe than some new neighbors on the moon. How in the vastness of space these other Inhumans didn’t know about the ascension of the Inhumans or that Black Bolt was gone? Why haven’t the baby sitter sending messages to Attilan? Why is Reed Richards, the man dubbed by Eternity “Explorer Supreme,” out exploring that fault while every body else is?

I just think these are all failings on Marvel’s part, probably at the editorial level. Those things bother me, and yet the story was good enough to keep me interested. Hickman is that damn good. The idea of bringing in 4 other Inhuman tribes was awesome. I love how they were all affected by different materials for their evolution. It leaves so much out there to be explored. I wonder if any Inhumans have tried to breed with the Kree to see the effects on the Kree off-spring?

I think only good things can come from this story and I am definitely along for the ride. Kudos to Hickman and the artists on this wonderful book.

4 out of 5 Inhuman Tribes. (If your not reading Fantastic Four…you are wrong! I’ve never enjoyed Marvel’s ‘First Family’ until he took over.)

38Fantastic Four - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:19 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:Alright, now issue 577 was crazy, lol. But in a good Kirby style Fantastic Four kind of way.

The Four Cities stuff mentioned by future Franklin is starting to shape up as we seen another of the cities revealed, and Hickman has gone all out with this one as we get a hint of just how broad his brush strokes are going to be when this is all said and done, seriously what he laid out in this issue and who all he just brought into the mix was just phenominally done. Every time I think he can't top last issue he punches me in the face for not believing in him.

Eaglesham, as always, provided absoluely goregous art, and he has heard the fans and slimmed Reed down a bit in this issue giving him a more traditional look.

Yeah I'm loving everything Hickman is doing on this book! The guy's imagination is brilliant. All these new crazy high concepts are exactly what this book should be about. In one issue, Hickman greatly expanded on the Inhumans mythos and made it even better. I used to barely care about FF but now its one of the books I most look forward to.

39Fantastic Four - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:41 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
I used to barely care about FF but now its one of the books I most look forward to.

I completely agree with you on this. I hope his stay on the title is long lived.

40Fantastic Four - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:25 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fantastic Four #573-576

I greatly enjoyed these. I'm thrilled that the main FF book is now so good. I've always liked the FF, but I've never liked the main book very much. My enjoyment of the FF has mainly been though the first 18 issues of Ultimate Fantastic Four (which were great), the two movies (yes, I do like them), and some of the animated series (they weren't great, but I kinda like them). It's great that now I'm finally enjoying the main book. I'm super excited.

I'm also enjoying the kids. I normally didn't really like them (a big reason is that in all the previous FF things I listed didn't have the kids in them), and I kinda hated them in Millar's run. But here, they are entertaining.

Fantastic Four #577

This was okay. There wasn't anything wrong with it, but I didn't really enjoy it too much. The reason being is that I hate the Inhumans. I do, I really really do. Even though this was about new Inhumans, it didn't do anything much for me.

41Fantastic Four - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:10 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:

Fantastic Four #577

This was okay. There wasn't anything wrong with it, but I didn't really enjoy it too much. The reason being is that I hate the Inhumans. I do, I really really do. Even though this was about new Inhumans, it didn't do anything much for me.
I don't dislike the Inhumans like you but of the last few issues I found this one to be not as good. I just felt that Hickman's actually tried to put way too much information into this issue. It's basically one big exposition. I love Hickman's FF and what I see is not as good an issue as some of the previous ones is still a pretty good FF issue but I think he's tried to squeeze too much in here to stick with the single issue story format he's using. This issue seemed to lack any real adventure to it.

Anyway, as I say, in my view a slightly below par effort by Hickman is still well and truly above some other efforts on this book over the last few years by others.

And personally, I don't really care if there's a lack of knowledge regarding the stuff that's going on in Realm of Kings, etc. To me it makes perfect sense that communication from the other side of the galaxy is not exactly quick.

42Fantastic Four - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:43 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^You're right. There was too much info jammed into the issue, and even though it wasn't up to par with his others it's still better than the books been prior to Hickman.

43Fantastic Four - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:15 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My face after reading the last issue:
Fantastic Four - Page 2 12705110

I forsee a great deal of shit about to hit the fan. This should be interesting. I'm hoping this not wraped up and resolved like the Council of Reeds deal. Sure, they will be back, but the story felt like it was done far too quickly.

44Fantastic Four - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:05 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fantastic Four - Page 2 Diamond-retail-summit-reveals-new-b

Shocked

45Fantastic Four - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:53 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

well, duh, Thing's a New Avenger.

46Fantastic Four - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:00 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

They just announced Eaglesham is off of Fantastic Four for good.

Man, now I'm depressed, his art was the perfect dish along side Hickman's script. Dawgone it, they had better announce who's taking over soon.

47Fantastic Four - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:12 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:well, duh, Thing's a New Avenger.

Well it was never implied he would leave the FF, heroes run on two or more teams all the time, including Thing in the past.

Fresh03 wrote:They just announced Eaglesham is off of Fantastic Four for good.

Man, now I'm depressed, his art was the perfect dish along side Hickman's script. Dawgone it, they had better announce who's taking over soon.

Yeah that sucks. Sad
Hopefully his replacement is good.

48Fantastic Four - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:49 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Why's he off the book?

This just sucks!!

49Fantastic Four - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:57 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:

Why's he off the book?

This just sucks!!
I think cuz he's drawing Steve Rogers: Super-Soldier.

50Fantastic Four - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:58 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^UGH!!

I hate when they pull an artist off a book he or she is working on to do another one. They could have gotten someone else to do the Steve Rogers mini.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum