Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fantastic Four

+23
Joshua
LordD3r3k
TheBrownLantern
Sinister Dolphin
Janson
Spazzy
shining knight
Denim
jaydee74
rwe1138
Spider_Fan14
Foreigner_Man
FusionJorge
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Aussiemandias
Bigtymin504
Fresh03
Batman25JM
Nymn
hrdwrkngXsoldier
prescribeddrone
Ska
LOOSECANNON
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

76Fantastic Four - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:00 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hmmm #580 is my least favourite issue of FF in a while. I realise Hickman likes to put out one of these "fun" issues with the kids every now and then but this one didn't really grab me. Arcade just didn't really ring true to me and the whole thing seemed a bit rushed.

Anyway, as per last issue, the Nu-World sequence totally grabbed my interest. I don't know what's going on there but it's certainly intriguing and obviously Hickman has a plan to it.

As for Edwards art - personally I don't think it's that great. I just don't find it vibrant enough for this title and I'm looking forward to Epting coming on board.

Oh and what are the chances of The Thing turning back into Ben Grimm at precisely the wrong moment over the course of the next year (I kind of read it that it might be a bit random when it happens)?

77Fantastic Four - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:47 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue #581

This issue was just plain......fantastic!!!!

I really loved it. So many awesome elements it's hard to know where to start. Hickman really is an ideas man but the best part is that he also knows how to execute.

So many layers of stuff in this but the one that really intrigued me was the man with the "mechanical engine inside him" that Nathaniel Richards and others had to stop. That was the Night Machine from SHIELD! Oh man so much fanasticness (yes that's a word now).

I loved the concept of all the Nathaniel Richardses fighting to the death (the Great Hunt)off in the future - that's a story I'd like to see told in itself.

I also thought this was Neil Edwards' best artwork so far. I haven't liked it previously but it was starting to look good here.

Last edited by Aussiemandias on Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total

78Fantastic Four - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:39 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This arc looks great.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=27639

79Fantastic Four - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:08 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

FF Annual #32

Got this a couple of weeks ago but put off reading due to having a bad feeling about the quality. I wasn't wrong.

The story in this annual was really ordinary and full of holes. Poorly thought out and poorly executed - it really felt amateurish. I can't see myself going anywhere near anything written by Joe Ahearne again. The annual couldn't be rescued by Bryan Hitch art either which was really up to his normal form (he's been a very inconsistent artist lately).

And the annoying thing is that this really average story has actually left a significant legacy with every chance Johnny Storm will now have a child which is an idea that will almost certainly be picked by some other writer at some point in the future. This book really doesn't deserve to be remembered however I have a sneaking suspicion that the events involving Johnny will not be forgotten.

80Fantastic Four - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:35 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue #582

More goodness from Hickman. The first half was okay but did feature some awful dialogue from Doom which I know is in character but I just hate that kind of stuff. However, it was the stuff that happened in the second half of the book which really hooked me in. I expect it may be some time before we learn what it all means and it is confusing at the moment (all hints and portents of the future) but I don't care because I'm looking forward to the journey.

Neil Edwards has done adequately over the past few months but I absolutely can't wait until Epting comes on board next issue. I thought he was an odd choice at first but all the preview panels I've seen look outstanding.

81Fantastic Four - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:23 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

With 2011 coming up, what do you think Marvel's gonna do for it's 50th Anniversery?

82Fantastic Four - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:49 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

each one of the Fantastic 3 ads has had a different missing member, correct?

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

83Fantastic Four - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:19 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:each one of the Fantastic 3 ads has had a different missing member, correct?

I believe it's been changing, yes, which makes sense seeing they don't want to give away who it is that's going to die.

84Fantastic Four - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:47 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

I recently picked up all three (counting the Dark Reign mini) of Hickman's FF trades and loved 'em. Quickly snagged the four issues released since then, got caught up, and read #583 today. Great stuff. Loved Val's deal with Doom. The Surfer showing up will definitely be interesting. And my money's on Johnny as the one to get snuffed out.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

85Fantastic Four - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:10 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fantastic Four #583

Okay, first up, I just have to say Steve Epting on FF is just plain...well....fantastic!!! I absolutely love it. I was disappointed about Eaglesham going and, although I think he was great and would happily have him back, I was so happy with Epting's work here. So many beautiful moments/panels - Valeria walking into the collapsing building, Doom kneeling to shake Valeria's hand, oh hell anything with Doom - Epting draws a great Doom! and then that last panel. Terrific stuff.

Hickman is juggling so many balls in the air with the plots in this book at the moment that I can understand the guy in the letters page maybe not enjoying it but for me I totally enjoy it. I think all these plots are part of something really big and I'm totally loving the ride.

My money's on Johnny Storm being the one to be extinguished also.

86Fantastic Four - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:55 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I haven't been reading (decided to trade wait), but I too have a feeling that Johnny is the one that's going to die.

87Fantastic Four - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:12 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Best issue in Hickman's run yet....I think Thing leaving would make the most sense considering he's an Avenged....but the plot promises death....

88Fantastic Four - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:58 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:With 2011 coming up, what do you think Marvel's gonna do for it's 50th Anniversery?

I'd imagine whoever dies will come back and you'll have some anniversary issue that will cost like $10. I also expect a few one-shots at the very least.

89Fantastic Four - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:49 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#584 was an excellent "quiet" issue. Loved the Stan & Jack cameo.

90Fantastic Four - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:00 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Yep, really good, Ben getting to enjoy being human was pretty fun. And as a bonus Reed finally noticed the Fault, it's about time mister super genius, it's only been out there over a year, but then that also begs the question, what's the Crunch? Damn you Hickman and your superb writing.

91Fantastic Four - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:48 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Fresh03 wrote:... but then that also begs the question, what's the Crunch?

The Crunch is the energy-cascading border between the regular MU and the Negative Zone. It was used to power the cosmic prison known as the Kyln, but was the entrance point of Annihilus' Annihilation Wave into the universe, and the Kyln was destroyed. It first appeared in the second and final arc of Thanos' brief ongoing series, and I cover it a little more here.

92Fantastic Four - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:37 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:#584 was an excellent "quiet" issue. Loved the Stan & Jack cameo.

Completely agree. Man, Galactus is looking kind of pissed at the end there - I suspect some trouble is brewing.

Okay I may be off track here but I noticed something suspicious in this issue. It took Sue over 12 hours to get from New York to Utopia. Yes, I know she said she stopped in at the Forever City on the way but I think 12 hours is a very long time for that trip and I would expect that the Fantasticars fly pretty fast. Other things that make me suspicious were that her detour was not shown on panel, the fact that it wasn't mentioned when Sue and Reed were saying their goodbyes and seems like something they would have mentioned and finally the fact that Hickman was showing the time during the course of the issue makes me think it was important.

I think something happened to Sue on that trip between New York and Utopia. In fact, now that I've got this suspicion, she is my new candidate for the FF member that's going to die. I'm thinking that the person who we're now seeing might not be Sue.

Anyway, that's my conspiracy theory.

Last edited by Aussiemandias on Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total

93Fantastic Four - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:00 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So, how many issues until the death?

94Fantastic Four - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:00 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:So, how many issues until the death?
I think it's about 2-3 issues away.

95Fantastic Four - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:35 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

always enjoyable...

96Fantastic Four - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:03 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#585 was good. The Moloid kids are adorable. I wonder who the Surfer's gathering up? Interesting cliffhanger, too.

97Fantastic Four - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:41 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:#585 was good. The Moloid kids are adorable. I wonder who the Surfer's gathering up? Interesting cliffhanger, too.

Yes, this was the best issue for a while I thought (although I've enjoyed all of them).

So, who else visited future Galactus's body? I'm really interested to know who the Surfer collects. I'm not sure we've seen any hint of this. And, also, are all these people and the Nu-World folk all in a large amount of trouble or does Galactus just want to know how they killed him so he can make sure it doesn't happen in the future?

I like that Hickman's put everyone (except one!) in a position to get killed - Sue's by herself in what now appears to be an explosive situation (and I still think she had some unexplained lost time in the last issue), Reed's by himself with Galactus, Ben's normal so more vulnerable than normal and they're about to get attacked. Johnny's the odd man out so my money's still on him to be the one that dies.

Epting's art is just great. I loved the silhouette skyline scene with Galactus next to the Baxter Building.

98Fantastic Four - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:54 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fantastic Four - Page 4 Detail

huh

99Fantastic Four - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:15 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Fantastic Four - Page 4 Detail

huh

I love the simple design of that - looks like Hickman's design work to me.

Well, I'm taking it that Sue is not the one to die. I think the shape with just an outline signifies Sue as one of the three who remain alive. I know, I know, that's a huge logic jump but that's what I see when I look at it! Laughing

100Fantastic Four - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantastic Four Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:12 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#586 was damn good, with each team member getting a good storyline that could very well lead to death. My money's still on Johnny, though.

As for the book relaunching and being titled FF, meh. I bet it won't be long until it reverts back to the original numbering. Again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum