Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Justice Society of America

+12
Metal Misfit
LordD3r3k
Batman25JM
Debaser77
rwe1138
shiky800
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
shining knight
jaydee74
Spider_Fan14
BlueMaxx
Aussiemandias
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

101Justice Society of America - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Thu May 06, 2010 11:29 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked Joker's wanting to die with Batman too. I'm not exactly hating this. I feel it could come together. Willingham just needs to give more with the plan. They seem to be just going from the condition of this new world with the last two issues, but, like Debaser and JD mentioned, a prelude to a crossover of sorts. Like Herr Karnes. So appropriate. Glad to see Bill still working with who is arguably the best character out of The Pentacle. (Apparently Doctor Gotham is not dead? He is an all-powerful sorceror, though.)

102Justice Society of America - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:27 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Okay. As much as I hated the Fourth Reich stuff, I really, REALLY enjoyed the latest issue of Justice Society. Told from Obsidian's point of view, it wraps up the story neatly, and speeds us along to a point just before the latest Justice League story arc.

This has been a rocky storyline with a fantastic payoff in this issue. And it has a moment that, for me at least, was laugh-out-loud funny.

4/5 Stars.

103Justice Society of America - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:39 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:Okay. As much as I hated the Fourth Reich stuff, I really, REALLY enjoyed the latest issue of Justice Society. Told from Obsidian's point of view, it wraps up the story neatly, and speeds us along to a point just before the latest Justice League story arc.

This has been a rocky storyline with a fantastic payoff in this issue. And it has a moment that, for me at least, was laugh-out-loud funny.

4/5 Stars.

Agreed. This story really put a "New Direction" stamp on the series for me. I am really interested in the new headquarters that Mr. Terrific wants to build. What I was most impressed about was the characterization and the character interaction, especially between Todd and Alan. I loved them talking about baseball over a mug of beer. It was a cool father/son moment and I enjoyed it. Looking forward to see how this team comes together in the coming issues.

104Justice Society of America - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:41 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought the wrap up was alittle too clean. We just had, what, 3 or 4 issues of future hell with heroes dying, and then BAM! "We know all your plans, we win.". Meh. I'm hoping this tie-in with JLA will make both books more interesting again.

Though the scene with Obsidian saying he was cured was hysterical

105Justice Society of America - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:10 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:I thought the wrap up was alittle too clean. We just had, what, 3 or 4 issues of future hell with heroes dying, and then BAM! "We know all your plans, we win.". Meh. I'm hoping this tie-in with JLA will make both books more interesting again.

Though the scene with Obsidian saying he was cured was hysterical

I do agree that the scene with Obsidian was pretty funny as well. I do agree with you in the fact that this last part while I enjoyed it, was a bit too clean. Almost like they didn't quite know where to go with this so they wound up just doing this clean ending to end the story and give the team a new direction. I'm just glad it's over and maybe we'll have some better stories now.

106Justice Society of America - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:50 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Justice Society of America #41

Okay, I'm officially at the point where the only reason I'm buying Robinson's run on JLA (and thus this issue) because of Bagley's art.

I did NOT like this issue at all. The plot could be cool, but Robinson has turned it into a generic superhero story. It's boring and kind of clichéd. The dialogue is stiff, and uninteresting.

I really don't know how much more of this I can take. I really wish I had the strength to quite this story (and Robinson's JLA as a whole), but I just LOVE Bagley's art, especially his Batman. I know he isn't everyone's cup of tea, but he's one of my favorite artists.

I hope Robinson can turn this around, but I don't have any faith that he will.

107Justice Society of America - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:39 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What Doug said. A continuity/story influenced retcon. Weird. Maybe. Heh.

"I'm cured."
*Awkward looks*
"Just kidding, still gay."

108Justice Society of America - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:26 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

good wrapup issue for 40, Im more then glad it that arc's over. That was funny with Obsidian joking he was cured. On 41's case, it was good but I missed part one so I need to search for it.

109Justice Society of America - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:50 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So. I want to like this story and it's not bad. I think Robinson's writing style is just not something I'm really behind. There are a bunch of things that I just find a bit jarring. The multiple inner monologues I find one of the most distracting but from what I understand is a Robinson thing but in a book like JLA and JSA, it's just a bit too much for me. I'm gonna keep up with the story but I think I'm going to officially be done when all is said and done.

110Justice Society of America - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:38 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

same rant as in brightest day but referring to the shade this time...

(Though I doubt Robinson would kill his pet character off panel....)

111Justice Society of America - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:21 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:same rant as in brightest day but referring to the shade this time...

(Though I doubt Robinson would kill his pet character off panel....)
What was your BD rant?

112Justice Society of America - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:35 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Killing off Miss Martian....

113Justice Society of America - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:37 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:Killing off Miss Martian....
Do we know that she is 100% dead?

114Justice Society of America - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:55 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
shining knight wrote:Killing off Miss Martian....
Do we know that she is 100% dead?

No. When I saw her I didn't think "dead", I thought "majorly injured".

115Justice Society of America - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:59 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Justice Society of America #42

Another entry in Robinson's horrid JLA/JSA crossover. I'm sorry, I just can't stand his writing. It is just AWFUL. I hate it so much. I'm now 99.9% sure I'm done with him after this crossover is done.

116Justice Society of America - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:11 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm frustrated with this story and Robinson because while I don't hate the story or his writing, I find myself underwhelmed by it. I want to like what he's doing because I like what he's got in mind down the line for the JLA but I'm not finding it to be much of a "must read" book anymore. The JSA might go back to being better once Robinson's story is over because he won't be writing it after this arc. The story is ok but nothing special.

117Justice Society of America - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:56 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I miss the good 'ol days

118Justice Society of America - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:53 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Having read the final issue of this JLA/JSA story, I am curious to see what's up with Alan Scott and Obsidian. Should be interesting.

119Justice Society of America - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:49 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think Guggenhiem's run is kind of interesting so far. Definitely better than what we have been getting. I wonder how long they plan on keeping Alan out of commission.

120Justice Society of America - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:36 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Anyone reading the Scott Kollins issues?

121Justice Society of America - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:00 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am. Liking it. Not loving it, but liking it. This new enemy is something else. Obvious he's to shake things up. Kind of a mini Doomsday for the team, it seems.

I'm still a bit sketchy on the past Alan and Jay predicament with the...
Spoiler:

I was also thinking that Alan was--not off the team but just...on reserve. Thought he'd be busy with leading his jade city on the dark side of the moon. Taking him out of the JSA stuff and giving another or others a chance in the now more roomy spotlight.

Marc Guggenheim...I think I've read something by him before. Can't remember what it is. Hope he doesn't mess things up. Haven't got much from the story too far. From what it is so far, we seem to be at a point of the story-arc where it'll either ascend or descend.

122Justice Society of America - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:09 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So the end of this latest issue combined with the recent news that JSA All-Stars will be ending soon has me speculating that this current conflict will be the event that brings the teams back together.

Not a bad issue, but I can't shake the impression that Guggenheim is just a shock writer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum