Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Justice Society of America

+12
Metal Misfit
LordD3r3k
Batman25JM
Debaser77
rwe1138
shiky800
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
shining knight
jaydee74
Spider_Fan14
BlueMaxx
Aussiemandias
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26Justice Society of America - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:50 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Batman25JM wrote:
I didn't read JSA vs. Kobra. Should I?

Yes, it's quite good.

Batman25JM wrote:
Is Merino staying on the book?
Yes again.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

27Justice Society of America - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:48 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:

Yes, it's quite good.
'Specially now that it'll be cheaper. I found the first issue to drag, but then the end left me with some thoughts of villains in the DC that I'd never considered. Then #2 and on boomed.

28Justice Society of America - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:00 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
Is Merino staying on the book?
Yes again.

Thanks for the info. I'm thrilled he's staying on. I just love his work.

BlueMaxx wrote:
rwe1138 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:

Yes, it's quite good.
'Specially now that it'll be cheaper. I found the first issue to drag, but then the end left me with some thoughts of villains in the DC that I'd never considered. Then #2 and on boomed.

Thanks guys. I'll check it out this week.

29Justice Society of America - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:08 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i thought #33 was good but i wish they didn't leave the ed with Mr. Terrific hanging like that and the "we need to split up!" was corny to me. i really like Merino's art also. over all i think that the first issue was the arc's strongest imo.

on another note, i read the 80 page giant last night and i liked how they finally explained Wildcat 2's powers. The stories were good but some were better then others.

30Justice Society of America - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:02 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:
Spoiler:

fucking knew it...
Right at the start of the issue it suddenly clicked for me but that was the first time where it had and I should have realised earlier. Sturges and Willingham had used him a bit in Salvation Run and they didn't disguise him - it looked exactly like him.

BlueMaxx wrote:Finished JSA vs. Kobra. Thought it was a little late to create a thread, so I'll chat about it here. The series was pretty good despite my lack of knowledge dealing with Checkmate and such. The first issue was rough, it felt, but pulled together by the second issue. Seemed like it could've been a 4 issue mini. Wasn't disappointed, though. Thought Kobra was going to be a main player in JLA, not JSA. Turned out well. He is a bastard and I love Jason Burr now. Liked the fact that they appeased fans want of a Michael Holt story, which it was basically him. And appropriately, too, because his atheism reflected Kobra's devote faith in what he was doing. Burr reminded me of The Operative from Serenity, with his belief and want for reducing the world to ash to be reborn anew. And also, this paradise he's striving for will not be a place for him, but for others deserving. Faith to Kali Yuga! Wink
Yeah I think you summed that up pretty well. I liked it too and it was a great story for Mr Terrific. Also I thought the art was pretty good too. I haven't seen much of Kramer's art before.

BlueMaxx wrote:
I'm still wondering if there are two villains at play here, with two seperate goals, or was that a distraction like it seemed? After reading JSA vs. Kobra, I don't know anymore. I see Injustice Society connections, but then I see Kobra type planning with the attacks from the mercs.
I think the 2 attacks were coincidence. Karnevil's working for someone separate from the main group attacking. But as you say that could just be misdirection.

31Justice Society of America - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:44 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yep the two attacks were seperate we'll be finding out more about what happened to obsidien in jsa and of course we now know who ordered the mass villian attack in all stars

32Justice Society of America - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:05 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

JSA #34

Hmmm...I'm really not feeling this book at the moment. I think I'm really starting to feel I'm not such a fan of Willingham and Sturges on straight out super hero books - love their work hugely with other formats (Fables, House of Mystery).

This goes for Geoff Johns before them but I really wish they'd do a little more to give us a feel for the newer characters. I'd love to know why Lightning stayed with this group for example when most of the younger characters went over the All Stars team. What's her reasoning? Mr America (worst name ever) I get due to him being a bit of an old school guy. And besides he's got to stay around to get beat up on a regular basis by whatever bad guy is next up (I don't know if you've noticed but he's a bit of a regular whipping boy (pun intended) for the bad guys - someone always seems to be carrying him injured from the battle at some point).

Anyway, I'll stick with this book for now due to liking the characters used here more than the the All Stars book which I'm likely to drop.

33Justice Society of America - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:55 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Justice Society #34

Meh. It was kinda boring, and had a been there done that feel. The whole possession thing has been done to death. I mean seriously, this has been seen a million times before.

I'm going to stick with this book because I love the characters. Jay Garrick is one of my favorite DC characters, and I love Alan Scott, Ted Grant, and Mr. Terrific as well (and man I wish Stargirl had stayed with this group).

This issue was definitely a step down from the last issue. Oh, and it seems like the other JSA team will actually be called the All Stars. That. Is. SOOOOOOOOOOO. LAME.

34Justice Society of America - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:50 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Guess I'm the only one that is getting a kick out of the JSA and "family" titles. Karnevil...wishing they'd explain him more since Shadowpact. Like'em.

35Justice Society of America - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:29 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Since the split, I like the regular JSA team much better than the All-Stars although I miss Stargirl and Power Girl and Hourman. Other than that, I am still liking this book.

36Justice Society of America - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:34 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hey does it make sense why Power Girl wouldn't want to be on this team or have I missed that?

37Justice Society of America - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:46 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just read the recent ish and i like how they subverted the possesion thing but it does feel too soon for that polt point again. The bits with Jesse going on about how her and Rick aren't splitting up and her getting angry at Mr. Teriffic and chasing him down the hall was funny, as was his reply;
Flash: Michael? What are you doing out of your chair?"
MT: Running for my life."
Laughing

38Justice Society of America - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:30 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:JSA #34
I'd love to know why Lightning stayed with this group for example when most of the younger characters went over the All Stars team. What's her reasoning?

Shot in the dark here, but maybe it's because Black Lightning is her dad and this is probably where he'd want her to stay

39Justice Society of America - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:58 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wonder what team Jakeem Thunder would choose to go on?

40Justice Society of America - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:20 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:I wonder what team Jakeem Thunder would choose to go on?

I don't know. I hope he goes on the regular JSA team and not the All-Stars.

41Justice Society of America - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:39 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

JSA #35 was just meh. I was actually bored reading it. It was one of those books where I just wanted it to be over. I hope now that this little arc is over this book will start to pick up.

42Justice Society of America - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:10 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I thoroughly enjoyed 35. It was fun. Seems everyone wants a super-progression of the entirety of things when it comes to a title, but they can have little self-contained arcs just as well to keep things fresh. Again, liked it. Dr. Fate is growing, Alan showed how awesome he was in the face of a sorcerer who is deity status, and Lightning finally did something again. She's got 2 cool marks against a long period of being in the background.

jaydee74 wrote:
Spider_Fan14 wrote:I wonder what team Jakeem Thunder would choose to go on?

I don't know. I hope he goes on the regular JSA team and not the All-Stars.
Me, too. He really liked Jennifer, and their dynamic is great. And it'd be interesting if Yz taught her to control her powers, being that she uncannily looks like Jonni Thunder. (Which, I believe, is a nod to Kingdom Come with Jonni and Pierce having a little girl that looks just like her.)

43Justice Society of America - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:48 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I read the annual. I am so sick of Magog. I'm not sure about this series anymore. I'm not sure what to do. I am actually thinking of dropping this and I thought I would never do that before.

44Justice Society of America - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:46 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, the annual was just so so. I too am sick of Magog. He isn't interesting, and is just plain annoying.

45Justice Society of America - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:18 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I was thinking for those whom haven't read the Magog series, specifically the last issue, this annual would leave many clueless. I enjoyed it. Can't wait for Mind Czar to return with craziness. Savannah popped up at the end of Power Girl #8 and will be part of the next story-arc of hers.

Don't understand the dislike, this means that he's gone from both JSA and All Stars. I'm thinking, with Sandman modestly popping up in All Stars from time to time, that he'll be the replacement for Magog. Since he is dreaming the King of Tears.

46Justice Society of America - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:18 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ I thoroughly enjoyed 35. It was fun. Seems everyone wants a super-progression of the entirety of things when it comes to a title, but they can have little self-contained arcs just as well to keep things fresh. Again, liked it. Dr. Fate is growing, Alan showed how awesome he was in the face of a sorcerer who is deity status, and Lightning finally did something again. She's got 2 cool marks against a long period of being in the background.
I think one of the real benefits of the team split is that with a smaller cast we might finally get some character development of the newer characters. If I was going to criticise Geoff Johns's run for anything it would be that we really didn't get to know much about any of the newer characters (although Magog probably stole the limelight the most).

47Justice Society of America - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:33 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I get what you mean. Seemed like they were just sticking with the Kingdom Come high, which, like you said, Magog, of course, is going to steal that spotlight. But ya, sticking with KC, all that was really done was introduce more that are foreshadowing those events. Like Cyclone (Red Tornado III) and Lightning (Jonni Thunder's and Pierce's daughter) and Wildcat (Tom). Citizen Steel had some moments, but he needs more development other than his legacy's doings and that he is a literal man of steel.

48Justice Society of America - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:51 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just dislike having so many members to begin with. With a team like the JSA, I feel like having two titles dilutes the franchise overall. So I go with the JSA proper. The All-Stars just doesn't do it for me.

49Justice Society of America - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:04 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ I get what you mean. Seemed like they were just sticking with the Kingdom Come high, which, like you said, Magog, of course, is going to steal that spotlight. But ya, sticking with KC, all that was really done was introduce more that are foreshadowing those events. Like Cyclone (Red Tornado III) and Lightning (Jonni Thunder's and Pierce's daughter) and Wildcat (Tom). Citizen Steel had some moments, but he needs more development other than his legacy's doings and that he is a literal man of steel.
good point there, now it's an alternate reality it does seem kinda odd now. They do need more development then just a alternate version of a KC character. Maybe they're planning for a major f**k up by Magog or something i dunno i just thought of that yesterday since he's getting alot of spotlight now.

50Justice Society of America - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:10 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I guess what I don't understand is I thought the whole point of bringing back the Mult-Verse was so that different realities can exist. Isn't their a separate Kingdom Come universe? If so, why does that universe need to bleed so heavily into DC proper? With Red Robin and Red Arrow and Magog and I know I'm missing people, is it necessary?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum