Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Justice Society of America

+12
Metal Misfit
LordD3r3k
Batman25JM
Debaser77
rwe1138
shiky800
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
shining knight
jaydee74
Spider_Fan14
BlueMaxx
Aussiemandias
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51Justice Society of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:50 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I guess what I don't understand is I thought the whole point of bringing back the Mult-Verse was so that different realities can exist. Isn't their a separate Kingdom Come universe? If so, why does that universe need to bleed so heavily into DC proper? With Red Robin and Red Arrow and Magog and I know I'm missing people, is it necessary?

As someone who loved Kingdom Come, I love seeing pieces of it creep into the DCU proper. It may not be necessary, but it's been pretty damn cool at times.

52Justice Society of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:39 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I guess what I don't understand is I thought the whole point of bringing back the Mult-Verse was so that different realities can exist. Isn't their a separate Kingdom Come universe? If so, why does that universe need to bleed so heavily into DC proper? With Red Robin and Red Arrow and Magog and I know I'm missing people, is it necessary?

As someone who loved Kingdom Come, I love seeing pieces of it creep into the DCU proper. It may not be necessary, but it's been pretty damn cool at times.

I also liked Kingdom Come. I liked it because of the unique universe that was created. I feel that having it bleed too much into DC Proper kind of cheapens it a bit. Just an opinion though. Also, I'm just not a fan of Magog. In any universe.

53Justice Society of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:29 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

DC Proper is the term of the day. tongue

54Justice Society of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:55 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I also liked Kingdom Come. I liked it because of the unique universe that was created. I feel that having it bleed too much into DC Proper kind of cheapens it a bit. Just an opinion though. Also, I'm just not a fan of Magog. In any universe.

Ah, well I've always kind of dug him. In KC he was this mysterious character that overthrew Superman in a sense, so it's always been a curiosity of mine to see how that happened. And now we're seeing the groundwork laid and his motivations for his style of justice that we saw in KC. Not every issue has been a knockout, but I've been enjoying seeing it unfold thus far.

55Justice Society of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:47 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ His series just took a turn towards "very cool" status with a pantheon of gods and goddesses--and heck, mythology--that I haven't seen too many comics tackle. And that's Celtic mythology. But the thing is, see, the figures Gog and Magog span many religions and cultures, like Lilith and Yahweh, and they'll start delving into how these figures date back before many religions that acknowledge them. Which sounds like this series can go in a very cool direction.

Alright, glorifying over. Wink

56Justice Society of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:01 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ His series just took a turn towards "very cool" status with a pantheon of gods and goddesses--and heck, mythology--that I haven't seen too many comics tackle. And that's Celtic mythology. But the thing is, see, the figures Gog and Magog span many religions and cultures, like Lilith and Yahweh, and they'll start delving into how these figures date back before many religions that acknowledge them. Which sounds like this series can go in a very cool direction.

Alright, glorifying over. Wink

I still need to read the last 2 issues of his series. My LCS has been delayed in receiving shipments (which is why I'm always so late to comment)

57Justice Society of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:09 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Oh. Don't forget the annual. Make sure to read the right issues before the annual too, and Magog's series directly correlates with the JSA Annual than JSA, AS, or PG's title. Sorry if that turns you off to the annual. I thought it was good fun.

58Justice Society of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:25 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Oh. Don't forget the annual. Make sure to read the right issues before the annual too, and Magog's series directly correlates with the JSA Annual than JSA, AS, or PG's title. Sorry if that turns you off to the annual. I thought it was good fun.

When did the Annual come out?

59Justice Society of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:51 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Batman25JM wrote:JSA #35 was just meh. I was actually bored reading it. It was one of those books where I just wanted it to be over. I hope now that this little arc is over this book will start to pick up.

This book has gotten fairly boring. It really needs Johns back. Sad I love Fables, but I've never really been a fan of anything Willingham has done with superheroes. I know most of these characters are old-timers, but the book seems way too hokey and corny.

I'm not liking the art either. It seems sloppy and too cartoonish for this book.

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

60Justice Society of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:54 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
When did the Annual come out?
The 3rd of this month.

61Justice Society of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:06 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I read it. The art was good but it felt like a lot of nothing to me. I feel it should have had done more for me as a reader and it didn't. So I guess that Magog is now a rogue anti-hero? Not that I didn't see that coming but all I can say about this issue was it was ok.

62Justice Society of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:33 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Oh. Don't forget the annual. Make sure to read the right issues before the annual too, and Magog's series directly correlates with the JSA Annual than JSA, AS, or PG's title. Sorry if that turns you off to the annual. I thought it was good fun.

I just got caught up on his mini and the Annual. It is a bit of an interesting twist. It seems the Magog persona is starting to be the more dominate personality. And after the Annual, I think the teams will eventually reform, though Kara may not make it happen until Alan apologizes

63Justice Society of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:40 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ It's an ongoing. And see, it isn't too bad. I honestly was in the same boat as you guys with, "Why should I care about Magog?" I'm thinking they're promoting him because DCU is coming up on the Kingdom Come eventuality and how the main universe will deal with this event of sorts.

64Justice Society of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:04 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just read JSA #35 and All Stars #2 and i think both were OK but not absolutely great. They had great parts but also defactors like in JSAAS I found characters having no pupils weird and in JSA i think that Jay's sloiliquiy could have been in captions then in word balloons. Also i see there are no real silent panels, they almost all have some word balloons in them. Anyone notice this too?

65Justice Society of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:36 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So I just thought of this awesome story for the JSA, ran it by my girlfriend and even she got stoked for it.. but DC doesn't accept writing submissions. Seriously, how the ^%$*% do you break into this business? scratch

66Justice Society of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:16 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:So I just thought of this awesome story for the JSA, ran it by my girlfriend and even she got stoked for it.. but DC doesn't accept writing submissions. Seriously, how the ^%$*% do you break into this business? scratch
Lots of dynamite and mission impossible laser dodging.

67Justice Society of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:53 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:So I just thought of this awesome story for the JSA, ran it by my girlfriend and even she got stoked for it.. but DC doesn't accept writing submissions. Seriously, how the ^%$*% do you break into this business? scratch

That's an amazing question. I think it was easier back in the day.

68Justice Society of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:10 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:That's an amazing question. I think it was easier back in the day.

Agreed. Like I said, they dont even accept writing submissions anymore. How do they find new talent?

BTW, I'm halfway writing that first issue. If anyone wants to take a peek at my idea, I'll PM it once the issue is done.

69Justice Society of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:01 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I'd like to read it. A guy I know, Jason Pell, has his own comic, Zombie Highway, for Bughousecomics(.com), and he had an incredible story for Great Lakes Avengers but they turned him down, too.

You seem to have to know people to get into the business. Have you seen the few Robinson's coming out of the woodwork working at DC?

70Justice Society of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:39 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:You seem to have to know people to get into the business. Have you seen the few Robinson's coming out of the woodwork working at DC?

Yeah, or you have to be writing for television. Y'know, those guys are sooo reliable Rolling Eyes

71Justice Society of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:35 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:That's an amazing question. I think it was easier back in the day.

Agreed. Like I said, they dont even accept writing submissions anymore. How do they find new talent?

BlueMaxx wrote:

You seem to have to know people to get into the business. Have you seen the few Robinson's coming out of the woodwork working at DC?

You do seem to see an awful lot of stories about creators being buddies of other creators and they brought them in. The other one is guys who work in the indies who one of the mainstream guys takes a shine to (either to their work or them personally) and he'll push that person. For example - Jonathan Hickman. I love his work and am a big fan and I think he deserves the work he's getting but it seems Bendis had an awful lot to do with Hickman getting his foot in the door and a bit of a push. Of course I don't really know for sure but that's the feeling I get from stuff I read.

But that's actually similar to a lot of places. I often get people in to work for me that have either worked for me before and I know they do good work or I've heard good things about from other people. Not so often with someone I have no experience with (althought that still happens) and I'm sure there's plenty of industries like this.

Oh and on the JSA Annual - I'm just kind of losing my interest in this book. I'm sticking with the JSA for now but I'm not sure these writers at the moment quite have the feel right.

72Justice Society of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:38 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just finished the first issue of the JSA story I'm working on. If anyone is interested in reading it, let me know what the best way of sending to you is

73Justice Society of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:44 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

nbplaya316@aol.com

send it along, i'll publish it, make lots of money then maybe send u a $5 gc to Lowe's

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

74Justice Society of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:47 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:nbplaya316@aol.com

send it along, i'll publish it, make lots of money then maybe send u a $5 gc to Lowe's

Hey, I'll hold you to that. That's like a whole box of nails

75Justice Society of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:27 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No one has talked about issue 36?! Man, Nazis are back! And the whole past-tense being told from a Holt 20 some years in the future has my interest piqued.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum