Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Flash Forward.

+23
Kelson
Denim
boberthavok
ChrisToPhenom
Sandman
Off_White_Lantern
MillionDollarGeek
AlienIncognito
Jherek
Thundermatts
The_Donster
TENIME_art
Hannibal king
Administrator
shining knight
jaydee74
Rath99
Debaser77
jester
Batman25JM
Steel Rose
BlueMaxx
Chi-Town Spidey
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

126Flash Forward. - Page 6 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Sun May 30, 2010 11:47 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am getting more and more depressed. I know this will seem blasphemous, but I'm more upset about this show ending than Lost ending. I kinda liked this show better (Lost's 6th season wasn't my favorite).

God I loved this ending:

127Flash Forward. - Page 6 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Mon May 31, 2010 12:14 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If I'm correct, the ending kind of reminds me of The 4400's...

128Flash Forward. - Page 6 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:53 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just watched the last episode - it finished over here last week.

Something about this show I constantly found frustrating. It was such a great concept but I think was constantly undone by poor writing. For me, one of the main problems with the writing was that I just found a lot of the characters kind of unlikeable. On top of that a very poor attention to detail at times or just taking short cuts. However I think it's the characters that must have been an issue for this show not to resonate with people like some other shows have.

After giving it a bit of thought one of the things that just didn't work for me was the writers not giving any reason for things happening other than because people saw it in the flashforward. The example of that for me was Bryce and Keiko - they didn't have any reason to meet at the restaurant except for the reason that they met at the restaurant in their flashforward. For me that then gives no weight to the fact that they have to meet there. Maybe it's just me but this kind of thing I found weak. Surely you could have come up with some other aspect to their story to make that meeting more important. That's just an example but I think it was a common thing with the show that I found lazy by the writers. It's like they had this great idea and pinned everything on that.

Anyway, despite these factors I think it's a real shame they never got to finish their story.

129Flash Forward. - Page 6 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:04 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My wife and I haven't watched all the episodes yet. We only have a few more but I do agree that there were a lot of things that just felt forced. Why is character Y doing this? Because they saw it in their flash forward. I get that the point of the show is basically asking the question "If you know your future, would you want it come true?" It began with a very interesting concept but over time, it's just been one annoying thing after another. My least favorite character is Aaron Stark. I find him irritating.

130Flash Forward. - Page 6 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:13 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The show intentionally gave that ending, in my opinion. Saying screw you, ABC (or maybe ABC told them to end it how they wanted or specifically with a cliffhanger), and hoping for a following to grow through dvd so that they could continue at some other time.

131Flash Forward. - Page 6 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:12 pm

Juggalojohn

Juggalojohn
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

i think they has the that last show in the can long before ABC told then it was over, with how much stunt work and CG they would of had to have that one done for awhile.

132Flash Forward. - Page 6 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:54 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ True. But it was years ahead, so I'm just thinking that they pushed it further to maybe get some budget down road. IDK.

133Flash Forward. - Page 6 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:31 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:Just watched the last episode - it finished over here last week.

Something about this show I constantly found frustrating. It was such a great concept but I think was constantly undone by poor writing. For me, one of the main problems with the writing was that I just found a lot of the characters kind of unlikeable. On top of that a very poor attention to detail at times or just taking short cuts. However I think it's the characters that must have been an issue for this show not to resonate with people like some other shows have.

After giving it a bit of thought one of the things that just didn't work for me was the writers not giving any reason for things happening other than because people saw it in the flashforward. The example of that for me was Bryce and Keiko - they didn't have any reason to meet at the restaurant except for the reason that they met at the restaurant in their flashforward. For me that then gives no weight to the fact that they have to meet there. Maybe it's just me but this kind of thing I found weak. Surely you could have come up with some other aspect to their story to make that meeting more important. That's just an example but I think it was a common thing with the show that I found lazy by the writers. It's like they had this great idea and pinned everything on that.

Anyway, despite these factors I think it's a real shame they never got to finish their story.

I definitely get where you are coming from with your gripes. I enjoyed the show a lot, but it did have problems.

As for the why characters are doing things: they could have come up with better motivation, but it didn't bug me too much. With Bryce and Keiko I just figured that originally there was a reason for them meeting in the restaurant, and then once the flash forward happened it changed things. So maybe before the ff they met another way and already knew each other when they met at the restaurant. Then the ff changed things and they didn't meet prior to the restaurant, but they knew that they would meet on April 29th, and they wanted to make their future come true. I don't know if that makes sense. I know what I'm trying to say, but I'm tired right now and might not be making sense. Anyway, so yeah, they only meet because they saw each other meeting, but I'm fine with that. I love the idea of the future only happening because we saw it happening.

134Flash Forward. - Page 6 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:44 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:My least favorite character is Aaron Stark. I find him irritating.
Oh hell yeah! He annoyed the shit out of me and I was actually happy when his storyline gradually seemed to die out a bit. You know what I think it was? The actor was bloody awful. He sounded like he was reading his lines half the time.

Batman25JM wrote:
With Bryce and Keiko I just figured that originally there was a reason for them meeting in the restaurant, and then once the flash forward happened it changed things. So maybe before the ff they met another way and already knew each other when they met at the restaurant. Then the ff changed things and they didn't meet prior to the restaurant, but they knew that they would meet on April 29th, and they wanted to make their future come true. I don't know if that makes sense. I know what I'm trying to say, but I'm tired right now and might not be making sense. Anyway, so yeah, they only meet because they saw each other meeting, but I'm fine with that. I love the idea of the future only happening because we saw it happening.
You know, what you're saying actually does make sense. If I recall correctly part of the reason Bryce was so affected by his FF was how he felt in it, not just what was happening so there is logic to what you say. He just wants to meet the person who makes him feel that way so all the lead up to that meeting almost doesn't matter anymore.

So you've kind of turned me around on that particular issue.

135Flash Forward. - Page 6 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:10 pm

JonSpangler

JonSpangler
Pirate
Pirate

I liked and enjoyed it but would of been happier if they were more consistent with the "can you change your fate issue" At first it was pressumed no. They the one man commited suicide and then it was like yes you can. Which gave the show drama and a chance for flexablility. But then at the end everyone was where they needed to be (ok with some small changes) and it seemed nothing could be changed.

That and I never felt it was a worldwide event. Millions died (which they brought up) but things went back to normal way to fast.

136Flash Forward. - Page 6 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:50 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
With Bryce and Keiko I just figured that originally there was a reason for them meeting in the restaurant, and then once the flash forward happened it changed things. So maybe before the ff they met another way and already knew each other when they met at the restaurant. Then the ff changed things and they didn't meet prior to the restaurant, but they knew that they would meet on April 29th, and they wanted to make their future come true. I don't know if that makes sense. I know what I'm trying to say, but I'm tired right now and might not be making sense. Anyway, so yeah, they only meet because they saw each other meeting, but I'm fine with that. I love the idea of the future only happening because we saw it happening.
You know, what you're saying actually does make sense. If I recall correctly part of the reason Bryce was so affected by his FF was how he felt in it, not just what was happening so there is logic to what you say. He just wants to meet the person who makes him feel that way so all the lead up to that meeting almost doesn't matter anymore.

Very Happy

137Flash Forward. - Page 6 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:42 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:

Very Happy

However, he made the totally wrong choice - I would have gone with Lucy Lane (only knew that's who she was because I watched that Smallville episode recently)!!!!

138Flash Forward. - Page 6 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:38 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:

Very Happy

However, he made the totally wrong choice - I would have gone with Lucy Lane (only knew that's who she was because I watched that Smallville episode recently)!!!!

yeah remember Kiko actually went to the hospital he worked at so originally he may have just met & fell for her there but Nicole intercepted things this time around.

totally wrong choice I so would have gone for Payton List

139Flash Forward. - Page 6 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:56 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:

Very Happy

Laughing

When FlashForward started I thought she looked familiar and looked her up and saw that she was the one who played Lucy. I'd like to see her play Lucy again.

But yeah, I would have gone for Nicole/Peyton List as well.

I was actually kind of surprised that he didn't stay with Nicole.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum