Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Flash Forward.

+23
Kelson
Denim
boberthavok
ChrisToPhenom
Sandman
Off_White_Lantern
MillionDollarGeek
AlienIncognito
Jherek
Thundermatts
The_Donster
TENIME_art
Hannibal king
Administrator
shining knight
jaydee74
Rath99
Debaser77
jester
Batman25JM
Steel Rose
BlueMaxx
Chi-Town Spidey
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

51Flash Forward. - Page 3 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:14 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:That did nothing to me and I doubt that by that point the writers are going to anything good with this show.
what would you have liked or expected to have happened? to make it better I mean?

52Flash Forward. - Page 3 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:15 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

More likable characters, better writing and a coherent plot. It seems like the creators don't know what they're doing, throwing in Kabbalah, later the dead crows and now there's "a way out". What happened to the Somalia thing? I know Janis is in the hospital, but it didn't stop her co-agents from continuing the investigation in other directions. Besides, the comparisons to Lost only made it look worse.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

53Flash Forward. - Page 3 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:39 am

boberthavok

boberthavok
Pirate
Pirate

Tomer Soiker wrote:More likable characters, better writing and a coherent plot. It seems like the creators don't know what they're doing, throwing in Kabbalah, later the dead crows and now there's "a way out". What happened to the Somalia thing? I know Janis is in the hospital, but it didn't stop her co-agents from continuing the investigation in other directions. Besides, the comparisons to Lost only made it look worse.

I thought they where waiting to get an ok to got to Somalia.

54Flash Forward. - Page 3 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:44 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Tomer Soiker wrote:More likable characters, better writing and a coherent plot. It seems like the creators don't know what they're doing, throwing in Kabbalah, later the dead crows and now there's "a way out". What happened to the Somalia thing? I know Janis is in the hospital, but it didn't stop her co-agents from continuing the investigation in other directions. Besides, the comparisons to Lost only made it look worse.

Gotta agree with u. The show is totally banking on being considered a Lost replacement. Too much mystery for the hell of it with too little character development. Feels forced by this point. This show is losing steam fast.

55Flash Forward. - Page 3 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:17 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Plus, it is very watered-down with its mysteries, IMO. Lost has prepped my mind to notice everything. I wouldn't have given the Guyer in his cell a second glance if I'd never seen Lost, but I instantly analyzed and then it popped in my head with the Tarot's Hangman. This, among many other things, isn't making me care far too much. But, I am feeling entertained, and that's all that matters.

I'm still at a loss of where they can take the show without it being stale if it doesn't finish at the end of the 2nd season.

56Flash Forward. - Page 3 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:19 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am caught up now and I love the new twist they just put on there. I belive that the writers know what they are doing and I have faith. I think ABC is going to view this as a Lost replacement, but taking a lesson from Lost, know when to end. sigh...Lost...is it January yet?

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

57Flash Forward. - Page 3 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:13 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

***Spoiler (maybe, probably not at this point)***

I haven't seen the last few episodes yet (I did record them though), but I saw a preview for this week's episode showing that Lloyd is involved. I FREAKIN' KNEW IT!! I am so happy that I was right. And yes, I know others figured it out too.

58Flash Forward. - Page 3 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:55 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Denim wrote:I am caught up now and I love the new twist they just put on there. I belive that the writers know what they are doing and I have faith. I think ABC is going to view this as a Lost replacement, but taking a lesson from Lost, know when to end. sigh...Lost...is it January yet?
I have a feeling they know, too. But, will they try to drag it? I love Lost, but they did that stuff too.

Also, Lost is going to get cut into two because of the Olympics, I believe.

59Flash Forward. - Page 3 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:31 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didn't feel quite as focused for this last episode, it felt. I got the handle on it, though. Make you wonder if the experiment was actually to show people a possible future, which they seem to think is concrete, but is turning, indirectly, into a double-blind "study" with all the anomalus circumstances.

You can also take it, as Agent Gough has showed us, that there is no fate, destiny is what you make it.

60Flash Forward. - Page 3 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:19 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Happy to see someone else's story and still have it evolve the mystery's answer.

61Flash Forward. - Page 3 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:11 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Last night's episode was a nice change of pace from the craziness of the past few weeks. I hope we get more glimpses into the secondary characters' flash forwards and how they react to them.

This show is no substitute for Lost but has kept me interested enough to keep coming back.

62Flash Forward. - Page 3 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:39 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It was good, next week is going to be cccrrraazzzyyyyyyy

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

63Flash Forward. - Page 3 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:29 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:
This show is no substitute for Lost but has kept me interested enough to keep coming back.
QFTW. I've actually stopped comparing the two because they shouldn't be.

64Flash Forward. - Page 3 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:35 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Read in Entertainment Weekly that Flash Forward isnt doing very good. Let Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim go after posting their all time lows for the November 19 episode.

ABC has temporarily shut down production which of course they say has nothing to do with the steep decline in viewers. Normally indicates a revamp since its obvious viewers are not buying what their selling.

I guess the hype has now officially wore off.

65Flash Forward. - Page 3 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:03 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hrm. It could die, but, like ABC is doing with V, maybe they're hoping the times hiatus will give people a chance to catch up on Hulu and the like.

66Flash Forward. - Page 3 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:05 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

BlueMaxx wrote:Hrm. It could die, but, like ABC is doing with V, maybe they're hoping the times hiatus will give people a chance to catch up on Hulu and the like.

It was picked up for the whole season so their stuck no matter what.

Yeah the article mentioned V too but their break was announced from the beginning and they posted solid numbers and great reviews for the aired episodes. Anyway I stopped watching Flash Forward after the first few episodes because it wasnt going anywhere and the story was pretty messy. I guess a lot of people are figuring that out and are over the Lost replacement hype.

Good news for ABC though as V is getting great reviews and growing a profitable fanbase.

67Flash Forward. - Page 3 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:21 pm

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

I've got to say I'm enjoying V alot more than this show, it is just draaaaagggggging along at a snails pace. It seems like we have to sit through 30-40 minutes before something exciting happens. My wife said the other day how much she enjoyed how V got into the action and I agree. I also think the AA friend of Mark's daughter should have been a man. Sorry if this comes off sexist and I don't know how progressive things have gotten in the Armed Forces, but I find it hard to believe that they let women do LRRP missions now. Especially in a Muslim dominant country. I'm hoping things might pick up on pace before the show goes on break for the holidays. Otherwise it's going to be dropped from the dvr.

68Flash Forward. - Page 3 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:11 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I understand your guys' complaints. I was wondering if the show could go past 2 seasons, and even then I thought that'd be stretching by jampacking it with human-interest stories for filler. I just want them to at least tie it up. I mean, it isn't a bad attempt. It isn't Will Traveler for Lost's sake. Heh.

Mark's daughter is a bit hard to swallow--I agree, Donster. And it isn't sexist, it is just part of strategy. Works better in situations of tension. Because of male mentality over there, they will not, not listen to a woman, or may become difficult if a women is with a platoon that is interrogating or whatever it may be. It isn't sexist, it is playing the game. Not to say that there aren't. That'd be silly. Or that women aren't capable of the situation. That'd be sillier of me. But I think, the fact that she's a petite, model-esque women, adds to the "ya, right" type of role. Everyone is so pretty. Lost and Heroes do the same thing, though. Heh.

69Flash Forward. - Page 3 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:28 pm

Kelson

Kelson
Cadet
Cadet

Off_White_Lantern wrote:ABC has temporarily shut down production which of course they say has nothing to do with the steep decline in viewers. Normally indicates a revamp since its obvious viewers are not buying what their selling.

They shut it down for a week that had Thanksgiving in the middle of it. I wouldn't read too much into that.

http://speedforce.org/

70Flash Forward. - Page 3 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:42 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I don't see a listing after the 10th episode on Dec. 3rd, though. But ya, the show hasn't fell below 10 million viewers. Can't vouch for the last 3 episodes (Believe I heard the last episode dropped down a good bit.) Despite that, it isn't dead.

71Flash Forward. - Page 3 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:19 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Kelson wrote:
Off_White_Lantern wrote:ABC has temporarily shut down production which of course they say has nothing to do with the steep decline in viewers. Normally indicates a revamp since its obvious viewers are not buying what their selling.

They shut it down for a week that had Thanksgiving in the middle of it. I wouldn't read too much into that.
It was announced that the production was shut down beyond the holiday. Looks like it'll be back with a dire attempt to save the show from its doom.

72Flash Forward. - Page 3 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:43 am

Kelson

Kelson
Cadet
Cadet

Tomer Soiker wrote:It was announced that the production was shut down beyond the holiday. Looks like it'll be back with a dire attempt to save the show from its doom.

Really? Everything I can see quotes the 6-day shutdown mentioned in The Hollywood Reporter.

http://speedforce.org/

73Flash Forward. - Page 3 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:02 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ryan (Morris Chestnut) as a V? I'm really happy his character isn't just a bore.

74Flash Forward. - Page 3 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:23 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

ChrisToPhenom wrote:Ryan (Morris Chestnut) as a V? I'm really happy his character isn't just a bore.
This is not the V thread.

75Flash Forward. - Page 3 Empty Re: Flash Forward. Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:04 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Laughing I've done that before.

Thought this cliffhanger was well-done. I'll be tuning in when it comes back. I started thinking about quantum divinity, and started thinking that time is correcting itself through the experiments. Wondering how Simon thought of the experiment and its mechanics, originally, but then the experiment was already done a year earlier. More probably even before the experiment's intruments were put together. Had a bad feeling about those EMTs from the start.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum