Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

"V"

+34
pumkinheadfan
Aussiemandias
Cliff
Goof
Spider_Fan14
kidspider2099
Rath99
tstrike99
(._Y_.)
Sandman
Combo Mo
Batman25JM
Fresh03
AlienIncognito
hrdwrkngXsoldier
MillionDollarGeek
Gojiratoho
Spaced4SimonPegg
Bigtymin504
Thundermatts
comicgeekelly
Metal Misfit
ChrisToPhenom
SexyToaster
blue halo
Captain Painway
BlueMaxx
Denim
rwe1138
Off_White_Lantern
jaydee74
Debaser77
superdoug
FroZen
38 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

26"V" - Page 2 Empty Re: "V" Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:05 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

As long as she left the human suit on it'd be all good!

27"V" - Page 2 Empty Re: "V" Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:50 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off_White_Lantern wrote:
Denim wrote:I am not getting my hopes up. 4 episodes are completed, ABC had them change the pilot a bit and placed the show on hiatus to see how these 4 will do. That is not a good sign at all. If ABC thought there was a chance it would do well they would of at least let them continue filming more episodes. I find it odd that they are really advertising the heck out of it though.

Never heard any of this before and TV Guide almost always reports these issues (Dollhouse had these exact same problems with a reshot premier) They dont film multi million dollar episodes without seeing how the show will do its just not how they film shows anymore (think Bionic Woman)

Anyway TV Guide gave the premier very positive reviews sooooo I will say this is almost surely a hit show. It was supposed to air this week so nothing crazy happened and it was NOT originally intended to premier at the start of the season.

Got my info from aintitcool:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42506

I am looking forward to it, but I still think it is unessary to remake it. BSG was a whole other animal, you can tell in the commercials for it that it was going to be something differnt. I don't see much diffence with V at this time, that may change after the premire tonight.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

28"V" - Page 2 Empty Re: "V" Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:40 pm

Captain Painway

Captain Painway
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Does anyone know if it'll be on Hulu or anything like that? Because I just got Dragon Age Origins and must get some serious play time in before tonight's PoPcast. And I can't watch it on DVR until Sunday! I feel like I'm in a Saw movie. Sad

http://likeitderby.com

29"V" - Page 2 Empty Re: "V" Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:49 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Haha. I'm not sure. I'd imagine so. I mean, they have the 8 minute promo on there, so they have ABC's support. Also, you can just go to ABC.com and use their player, which is pretty decent.

FroZen wrote:As long as she left the human suit on it'd be all good!
Won't it still be cold?

30"V" - Page 2 Empty Re: "V" Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:01 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

I don't usually watch TV, but eh, Tuesday nights are fairly boring so I'll try it. The original series has some charm, maybe this one will too.

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

31"V" - Page 2 Empty Re: "V" Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:05 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked the show. It really picked up durring the last 20 minutes or so.

32"V" - Page 2 Empty Re: "V" Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:06 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I loved this.

33"V" - Page 2 Empty Re: "V" Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:25 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked this too, I'll be sticking around and see how it goes.

34"V" - Page 2 Empty Re: "V" Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:30 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'll join the club and post my thoughts in the morning... Wink

35"V" - Page 2 Empty Re: "V" Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:42 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spoiler free.

The parallels are tweaked in a major way, but not to the point of losing allusion twoards the original shows. Many characters are roughly the same, while a good few are either combos of past characters or completely new.

The symbol "V" in the original was for "victory". It was a sign of rebellion and hope for humanity. In the new series, it is the name of the aliens (Reptilians) and will, most likely, become a very ominous symbol.

The premise is a direct nod to the times. Terrorists, the weakening of religion (Which I loved that they addressed religions with this premise of aliens, and are making it a mainstay. Adds intrigue through existentialism.), and Obama's & Democrats' policies with universal healthcare, controlling and "corrupting" youth with the use of promises of wonderful change. Which, like Invasion of the Body Snatchers' director with anti-McCarthyism during their time by nodding to the real fears. I expect the Obama/Reptilian posters to sky-rocket by 100%, though. Rolling Eyes

36"V" - Page 2 Empty Re: "V" Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:49 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It wasn't too bad.

37"V" - Page 2 Empty Re: "V" Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:06 am

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I never saw the original series (and I missed the first 15 minutes of the premiere) but I thought it was pretty good. And Alan Tudyk kicked major ass.

38"V" - Page 2 Empty Re: "V" Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:27 am

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Lost interest about 15 minutes in. Laughing I hate TV dramas.

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

39"V" - Page 2 Empty Re: "V" Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:00 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Embrace Change!!!

oh wait, wrong show... uhhh... okay.

Embrace Change by the V's!!!

40"V" - Page 2 Empty Re: "V" Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:26 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Plane crash was awesome.

41"V" - Page 2 Empty Re: "V" Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:48 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It wasnt that bad at all, I liked it

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

42"V" - Page 2 Empty Re: "V" Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:59 am

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Crap I missed this. Is there an encore presentation scheduled? time to search the net

43"V" - Page 2 Empty Re: "V" Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:08 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Metal Misfit wrote:Lost interest about 15 minutes in. Laughing I hate TV dramas.
Aw, but the last half is when it kicks into overdrive.

Thundermatts wrote:The Plane crash was awesome.
I'll admit, that effect was pretty impressive. I was actually scared for Ryan, Morris Chestnut's character. (He was in Boys N the Hood.)

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:Crap I missed this. Is there an encore presentation scheduled? time to search the net
Premiere episode arrives online on Saturday, November 7. That's on the ABC website. Hulu, probably the same time.

44"V" - Page 2 Empty Re: "V" Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:33 am

AlienIncognito

AlienIncognito
Pirate
Pirate

I enjoyed it. It started a little slow but really picked up towards the end. I'll definitely check out another episode.

45"V" - Page 2 Empty Re: "V" Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:05 am

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I dig it!! They did a great job of making this feel very current while at the same time keeping some of the themes in the original series. I kinda dazed for a minute when Anna was addressing the world...didn't they just come right out of the gate with the "we're here for your water". Which was a big secret in the first one. I'm definately sticking with this to see where it goes.

46"V" - Page 2 Empty Re: "V" Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:12 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My only question is: Why would a space-traveling species need to come to Earth for water? There's water in comets, asteroids, planets with inhospitable atmospheres...I can't wait to see how this plays out.

Spoiler:

47"V" - Page 2 Empty Re: "V" Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:44 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

V wasn't bad at all. Is it just me or ABC is the on top of local Sci-Fi programming? They've got Lost, FlashForward and now V-all of them seems great.

I'll definitely tune into the next episode, "There Is No Normal Anymore". It was nice to see a "Lostie", Juliet (Elizabeth Mitchell) and Smallville's Kara (Laura Vandervoort). They'll be appearing again on those shows also in the future as I can see-I can't wait... It was also good to see Morris Chestnut in this show also.

Now if only I can hunt for a "V" userbar...

P.S.: Morena Baccarin is totally cute. Wink

48"V" - Page 2 Empty Re: "V" Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:14 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:My only question is: Why would a space-traveling species need to come to Earth for water? There's water in comets, asteroids, planets with inhospitable atmospheres...I can't wait to see how this plays out.

Spoiler:

The spoiler you mentioned....I so hope they still do that.
I'm thinking that the water thing is just a smoke screen (maybe) like the orignal had the random chemicals they were collecting and dumping back out just so they could get the water. I'm expecting some sort of big twist.

49"V" - Page 2 Empty Re: "V" Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:10 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

I really dug this premiere.

So, if I get this right, George W Bush is a Visitor, I always knew there was something off about that guy, it's the forked tounge, that's why he was never able to pronounce terror properly and sometimes made up new words on the spot because he didn't know the proper human equivelent.

Stratergery indeed Mr. Bush, well played sir, well played.

50"V" - Page 2 Empty Re: "V" Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:18 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

I liked this one much better than Flash Forward so far. Flash Forward is trying to go really deep into mythology and mystery in the vein of Lost---V shot into action right out of the gun.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum