Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

"V"

+34
pumkinheadfan
Aussiemandias
Cliff
Goof
Spider_Fan14
kidspider2099
Rath99
tstrike99
(._Y_.)
Sandman
Combo Mo
Batman25JM
Fresh03
AlienIncognito
hrdwrkngXsoldier
MillionDollarGeek
Gojiratoho
Spaced4SimonPegg
Bigtymin504
Thundermatts
comicgeekelly
Metal Misfit
ChrisToPhenom
SexyToaster
blue halo
Captain Painway
BlueMaxx
Denim
rwe1138
Off_White_Lantern
jaydee74
Debaser77
superdoug
FroZen
38 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

76"V" - Page 4 Empty Re: "V" Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:19 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really enjoyed the new episode. The beginning was awesome.

I think that Jack is going to end up being my favorite character.

I KNEW that Dale was going to be revived. As soon as I saw Alan Tudyk actually shown I figured there was going to be more of him. I'm happy, I like Mr. Tudyk.

Gojiratoho wrote:"What are you doing here?"
"I work here."
"You're an FBI Agent?"
"You're a priest?"

My favorite exchange the entire night. I kinda hope Alan Tudyk is in a few more episodes.

I quite liked that exchange as well.

77"V" - Page 4 Empty Re: "V" Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:03 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The first season will definitely go for the original series, and the second season Final Battle, etc. I just hope they stray enough away to surprise. So far they've been doing great. The paranoia is kicking in and they are delving deep into it, bringing a different light to the premise. So that's cool.

And I'm happy with that ending, having Dale Maddox (Alan Tudyk) wake up. Thing is, is it the same V or did they implant another with his clones mammalian skin? Hrm...

78"V" - Page 4 Empty Re: "V" Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:47 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The storyline I like...very intriguing.

The acting...horrible. Last night it was almost painful to watch. Reminds me a lot of Kyle XY...loved the show, but the acting always made me cringe.

79"V" - Page 4 Empty Re: "V" Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:55 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ The young kid and V-gal, Lisa, that he's attracted to, along with his big buddy, are definitely on the WB acting scale. I'm liking the characters of Erica, Ryan and Jack. Oh, and Anna, of course.

I didn't know this and the original were based on a novel:
"As the original miniseries was inspired by the novel It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis and has been called "a modern retelling of how the Nazis rose to power in Germany," the re-imagined series has been accused of being an allegory of the presidency of Barack Obama. In his review of the show, Troy Patterson of Slate points out that bloggers and journalists had noticed parallels between the show's premise and the Barack Obama administration, and writes that "if the show is to have the symbolic import that we expect from a science-fiction story, this is the only possible way to read V as a coherent text." Lisa de Moraes of The Washington Post noted in her review that the fact the series was debuting on the one-year anniversary of Obama's election "was not lost on some ... TV critics" and also remarked that the use of phrases present in the series (such as "hope", "change", and "Universal Health Care" being offered by the Visitors) made it seem as though "Lou Dobbs had taken over the network."
And these criticizers stole my words. Laughing Got the parallels wrong as well.

I'm always surprised when they keep the basis of tv shows or movies that are from novels. Like with Flashforward. Or, heck, even allusions, like with Lost and Heroes. Although Heroes is ripping off Marvel, not alluding. Wink Kind of kidding. I'm enjoying current stuff from the show.

80"V" - Page 4 Empty Re: "V" Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:57 pm

AlienIncognito

AlienIncognito
Pirate
Pirate

I enjoyed last night's episode but I really need more if I'm going to stick with it. I follow way too many shows to not be blown away by one. I'll give it a few more eps but I really hope to see more improvement.

81"V" - Page 4 Empty Re: "V" Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:01 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ The young kid and V-gal, Lisa, that he's attracted to, along with his big buddy, are definitely on the WB acting scale. I'm liking the characters of Erica, Ryan and Jack. Oh, and Anna, of course.
The characters of Erica and Jack are ok...but the actors that play them need to be fired and replaced.

Mrs. Mo and I were almost laughing at every scene with the two of them in it...and not because they were funny. I felt like I was watching a bad soap opera.

82"V" - Page 4 Empty Re: "V" Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:16 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

[quote="Combo Mo"]
BlueMaxx wrote:^
The characters of Erica and Jack are ok...but the actors that play them need to be fired and replaced.
quote]

Your gonna replace Elizabeth Mitchell as Erica? Shes the biggest and best actor on that show and did fine from what I have seen.

83"V" - Page 4 Empty Re: "V" Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:22 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off_White_Lantern wrote:
Combo Mo wrote:

Your gonna replace Elizabeth Mitchell as Erica? Shes the biggest and best actor on that show and did fine from what I have seen.

Laughing
I wouldn't consider that a good endorsement for V !

I'm hoping next episode that Dale Maddox comes back and kills her off. Smile

84"V" - Page 4 Empty Re: "V" Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:48 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Holy sh-t! I missed "There Is No Normal Anymore" on Tuesday! *Searches internet in rage*

85"V" - Page 4 Empty Re: "V" Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:39 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hey, is it just me or does Elizabeth Mitchell look hotter than she is on Lost?

86"V" - Page 4 Empty Re: "V" Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:51 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Combo Mo wrote:
Off_White_Lantern wrote:
Combo Mo wrote:

Laughing

scratch

Okay she is was one of the best actors on Lost (which is obviously a very acclaimed show) and was very good from what I have seen on V. The cast is top notch. Scott Wolf is the only one that I dont like and thats because I remember him from Party of 5.

87"V" - Page 4 Empty Re: "V" Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:56 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I know. I keep picturing vague memories of that show and the movie Go. I kind of liked Go, though.

Combo Mo wrote:
Off_White_Lantern wrote:
Combo Mo wrote:

Laughing

I don't find her bad at all. The priest is a bit preachy. Heh. She's not going anywhere, as far as I'm thinking.
Spoiler:

ChrisToPhenom wrote:Hey, is it just me or does Elizabeth Mitchell look hotter than she is on Lost?
I find that to be true, also. Maybe because she seems like less of a bitchy ex-Other? Heh.

88"V" - Page 4 Empty Re: "V" Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:28 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off_White_Lantern wrote:
Combo Mo wrote:
Off_White_Lantern wrote:
Combo Mo wrote:

Laughing

scratch

Okay she is was one of the best actors on Lost (which is obviously a very acclaimed show) and was very good from what I have seen on V. The cast is top notch. Scott Wolf is the only one that I dont like and thats because I remember him from Party of 5.
I wasn't aware she was on Lost...The only things I knew her from were Gia and The Santa Clause movies.

89"V" - Page 4 Empty Re: "V" Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:52 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

AlienIncognito wrote:I enjoyed last night's episode but I really need more if I'm going to stick with it. I follow way too many shows to not be blown away by one. I'll give it a few more eps but I really hope to see more improvement.

I feel the same way. I haven't watched this week's episode yet, and frankly I'm not in a hurry to do so. I don't hate the show, but the first two episodes have left me underwhelmed. I'll keep them on my DVR for now and catch up, but if it doesn't wow me soon, I'm done with it.

90"V" - Page 4 Empty Re: "V" Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:46 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think after next weeks episode the show is taking a break for a few months. I don't think that's going to help the show. Especially with those sitting on the fence about the show.

91"V" - Page 4 Empty Re: "V" Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:25 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I'll spend that time watching the last few episodes of Dollhouse.

92"V" - Page 4 Empty Re: "V" Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:38 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shouldn't a priest be preachy? thats kinda their jobs.

I like the show. I watched the original as a kid which totally
freaked me out by the way. The new show is bringing new
wrinkles to the whole V universe.

93"V" - Page 4 Empty Re: "V" Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:00 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

can some one write down what happened this week's episode, i missed it

94"V" - Page 4 Empty Re: "V" Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:03 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:can some one write down what happened this week's episode, i missed it

hulu.com and see it for yourself if you want.

95"V" - Page 4 Empty Re: "V" Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:07 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:can some one write down what happened this week's episode, i missed it

Spoiler:

96"V" - Page 4 Empty Re: "V" Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:09 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laura Vandervoort out of uniform...yum. I can't wait what her character is going to reveal..."daughter"? Oh, my...

97"V" - Page 4 Empty Re: "V" Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:12 pm

Goof

Goof
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've DVRed V and have only watched the first one. Has anybody eaten a rat yet?

98"V" - Page 4 Empty Re: "V" Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:32 pm

AlienIncognito

AlienIncognito
Pirate
Pirate

^ No not yet. lol! But that is definitely the one thing everyone remembers from the original.

99"V" - Page 4 Empty Re: "V" Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:29 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

AlienIncognito wrote:^ No not yet. lol! But that is definitely the one thing everyone remembers from the original.

yeah that is what creeped me out about the original.

100"V" - Page 4 Empty Re: "V" Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:21 pm

Cliff

Cliff
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Still yet to see the original. Waiting for my WM to restock the complete series DVD so I can pick it up.

Meantime, however, I am loving the hell outta the new series, and am just about done reading the A.C. Crispin adaptation of the original mini (picked up for a damn good bargain at Half Price Books). The adaptation feels slightly rushed at times and suddenly adds new characters from out of nowhere (just suddenly naming them in crowd scenes, like they've been there for ages) and skips a hell of a lot of action (massive paragraphs sum up resistance movements), but it's a good read and genuinely creepy at times. Others...christ, it's boring.

Looking forward to the return of the new V, as well as seeing the original.

101"V" - Page 4 Empty Re: "V"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum