Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Buffy or Angel?

+20
supervenom
The Ignored One
shining knight
jaydee74
Denim
DickGrayson007
Combo Mo
Off_White_Lantern
Nymn
MillionDollarGeek
Ben Akers
The_Donster
rwe1138
(._Y_.)
Administrator
colossus1979
Spaced4SimonPegg
superdoug
FroZen
ChrisToPhenom
24 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Which Show Did You Like Better?

Buffy or Angel? Vote_lcap50%Buffy or Angel? Vote_rcap 50% [ 11 ]
Buffy or Angel? Vote_lcap27%Buffy or Angel? Vote_rcap 27% [ 6 ]
Buffy or Angel? Vote_lcap18%Buffy or Angel? Vote_rcap 18% [ 4 ]
Buffy or Angel? Vote_lcap5%Buffy or Angel? Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Buffy or Angel? Empty Buffy or Angel? Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:58 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm currently doing a combo between Buffy 5th and Angel's 2nd season and currently on their 17th episode. I already got a little emotional after "somebody" on Buffy died.

I loved Buffy as a 7 year-old in 1997 and still do but Angel kind of won me over with it's darker mood and I guess some kind of Law & Order vibe with their detective work. It's been years since I watched the two shows so it's like brand new to me right now but what I do remember is Angel being my favorite. Both are still awesome shows though...

Which is yours?

Last edited by Tomer Soiker on Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added poll options)

2Buffy or Angel? Empty Re: Buffy or Angel? Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:02 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Buffy fer sur.

3Buffy or Angel? Empty Re: Buffy or Angel? Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:02 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:I'm currently doing a combo between Buffy 5th and Angel's 2nd season and currently on their 17th episode. I already got a little emotional after "somebody" on Buffy died.

I loved Buffy as a 7 year-old in 1997 and still do but Angel kind of won me over with it's darker mood and I guess some kind of Law & Order vibe with their detective work. It's been years since I watched the two shows so it's like brand new to me right now but what I do remember is Angel being my favorite. Both are still awesome shows though...

Which is yours?

Damn. That was a mean-ass thing to say. Sad Especially when you consider I was pushing 30 in 97.

I didn't like Angel as much as I liked Buffy. Angel was missing the easy camaraderie that the Buffy cast enjoyed, despite the addition of Cordelia to the cast. I enjoyed Angel; don't get me wrong, but I had more fun watching Buffy.

And, yes, 'The Body' is one of the most heart-breaking episodes of Buffy they ever did.

4Buffy or Angel? Empty Re: Buffy or Angel? Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:03 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I too got a little weepy during that episode.

5Buffy or Angel? Empty Re: Buffy or Angel? Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:10 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Have you ever watched a movie or television show years later from your childhood and all of a sudden see and learn things you didn't catch before? That's kind of an awesome feeling and who knows-my opinion may change when I'm later in the seasons but Buffy is sure on Angel's a$$ on my list right now.

I'm happy I was able to get the box sets at a good deal.

superdoug wrote:
Damn. That was a mean-ass thing to say. Sad Especially when you consider I was pushing 30 in 97.
What? This ability of mine to make people feel old is still effective from WUMB to PoP? Damn, I can't get a break! Wink

6Buffy or Angel? Empty Re: Buffy or Angel? Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:00 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love Buffy I was mad when Angel left the show they were so good together.

7Buffy or Angel? Empty Re: Buffy or Angel? Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:26 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yeah buffy had...more pizazz to me but angel was still a bad mo-fo on his own,buffy had the more moving storylines,plus willow was/is/always shall be my first ultimate geek crush...buffy ftw! Wink

8Buffy or Angel? Empty Re: Buffy or Angel? Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:31 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Buffy.

However, Angel was darker and sometimes I loved it more than the original. Generally and because it's what kick-started the franchise, Buffy gets my vote.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

9Buffy or Angel? Empty Re: Buffy or Angel? Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:33 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

FroZen wrote:I too got a little weepy during that episode.

It was especially hard to watch for me, because about ten days prior to its airing, I had buried my lover of five years, who had died suddenly at home due to diabetic complications. However, it proved to be a very cathartic episode at the same time, because I knew exactly what Buffy was going through.

10Buffy or Angel? Empty Re: Buffy or Angel? Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:08 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hey...does anyone remember the singing demon, Lorne from Angel? It seems he died 8 months ago on March 29th at age 33. It's weird because I just wanted to see what work he's been doing and this comes out. Well, rest in peace-I really liked his character.

Andy Hallett-
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0356468/

Buffy or Angel? Full_03032004_lorne

11Buffy or Angel? Empty Re: Buffy or Angel? Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:13 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was at home one night and I turned on this "Angel" show and started watching a bit of it... So there are people dying left right and centre, demons all over the place, people fighting and then Angel and his friends are in an alley and they charge towards a bunch of demons and dragons and shit. WHOA MAN! I thought. This is like the best show ever. I check the listings and it's on the next night at the same time. So the next day I'm super stoked and looking forward all day to see how that battle ends. I turn on the TV and I get what looks like the first episode of the series. I'm like What the Fuck is going on. Anyways. I basically watched the series finale first and then started the series over. d'oh!

12Buffy or Angel? Empty Re: Buffy or Angel? Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:16 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

(._Y_.) wrote:I was at home one night and I turned on this "Angel" show and started watching a bit of it... So there are people dying left right and centre, demons all over the place, people fighting and then Angel and his friends are in an alley and they charge towards a bunch of demons and dragons and shit. WHOA MAN! I thought. This is like the best show ever. I check the listings and it's on the next night at the same time. So the next day I'm super stoked and looking forward all day to see how that battle ends. I turn on the TV and I get what looks like the first episode of the series. I'm like What the Fuck is going on. Anyways. I basically watched the series finale first and then started the series over. d'oh!

I was about to hate you if it wasn't for the forgettable finale. *Whistle* I didn't hear anything... Wink

13Buffy or Angel? Empty Re: Buffy or Angel? Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:39 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Personally, I think that oftentimes Angel was the stronger show, but Buffy will always be #1 for me. I love them both, though.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

14Buffy or Angel? Empty Re: Buffy or Angel? Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:06 pm

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

I refuse to choose Chris shake my head

15Buffy or Angel? Empty Re: Buffy or Angel? Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:29 pm

Ben Akers

Ben Akers
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

It was always Buffy first, and Angel second.

I always struggled to find someone I could relate to on Angel, the way I could relate to Xander.

16Buffy or Angel? Empty Re: Buffy or Angel? Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:37 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The_Donster wrote:I refuse to choose Chris shake my head
Hahaha! Well, I don't blame you.

17Buffy or Angel? Empty Re: Buffy or Angel? Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:30 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Right. Me to. I cant choose. Im torn.

18Buffy or Angel? Empty Re: Buffy or Angel? Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:20 pm

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

Buffy! I really liked Angel's show, too, just not quite as much as the Buffster.

19Buffy or Angel? Empty Re: Buffy or Angel? Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:53 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

ChrisToPhenom wrote:Hey...does anyone remember the singing demon, Lorne from Angel? It seems he died 8 months ago on March 29th at age 33. It's weird because I just wanted to see what work he's been doing and this comes out. Well, rest in peace-I really liked his character.

Andy Hallett-

It was all over the news earlier this year.

Added poll options.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

20Buffy or Angel? Empty Re: Buffy or Angel? Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:20 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:
ChrisToPhenom wrote:Hey...does anyone remember the singing demon, Lorne from Angel? It seems he died 8 months ago on March 29th at age 33. It's weird because I just wanted to see what work he's been doing and this comes out. Well, rest in peace-I really liked his character.

Andy Hallett-

It was all over the news earlier this year.

Added poll options.
Well, I sure didn't catch it-I was tangled up in the recession around that time.

Also thanks for the added options-I guess it was pretty cruel to have just two choices and not a white flag option.

One thing I will say is both shows had great humor when it was necessary.

21Buffy or Angel? Empty Re: Buffy or Angel? Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:43 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Buffy of course.

22Buffy or Angel? Empty Re: Buffy or Angel? Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:39 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:
One thing I will say is both shows had great humor when it was necessary.

GUNN: Ah, I-I don't mean to rush you back into the twenty first century, but how about using some chopsticks. Or a fork, maybe. (Picks up a fork and offers it to her) You remember forks, don't you?

FRED: Sure. Who could forget? Fork, pitch fork, fork it over, fork in the road - one I'm not ready to take yet.

ANGEL: Fred! Good to see you out and about.

FRED: It is, isn't it? Out and about. (Leans towards Angel) I've been forking with Gunn...
Laughing

23Buffy or Angel? Empty Re: Buffy or Angel? Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:30 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love Buffy.

Never watched Angel...but I just bought the first four seasons, and I'll start it hopefully soon.

24Buffy or Angel? Empty Re: Buffy or Angel? Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:06 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Combo Mo wrote:I love Buffy.

Never watched Angel...but I just bought the first four seasons, and I'll start it hopefully soon.
Enjoy! Wink I just started the 3rd season.

25Buffy or Angel? Empty Re: Buffy or Angel? Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:50 pm

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Season 5 gets an added guest that we all love.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum