Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stargate Universe

+4
jaydee74
shining knight
FroZen
Batman25JM
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Stargate Universe Empty Stargate Universe Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:36 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Let's discuss the show...

I thought last Friday's episode was good.

I'm still not used to them calling it FTL instead of hyperspace.

For some reason I'm weirded out by the Scott/Chole romance. It just feels off.

2Stargate Universe Empty Re: Stargate Universe Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:53 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am really enjoying this series. I have never been a big Stargate fan. I've seen the movie and caught a few random episodes but this show has really pulled me in. I missed last weeks episode but I'll catch it this week before the new episode.

3Stargate Universe Empty Re: Stargate Universe Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:58 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Earth was pretty good.

I'm liking Young more and more (Eli is still my favorite character though).

It was nice to see RDA again.

I loved that Eli used the name Phillip Fry.

4Stargate Universe Empty Re: Stargate Universe Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:41 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Awesome series especially love that one of the main characters is a grumpy scottish guy (and played by begbie himself no less!) Laughing

5Stargate Universe Empty Re: Stargate Universe Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:11 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I quite liked Time.

The scene with Eli telling Chole how he feels was great.

I think it's quite the coincidence that Destiny dropped out of FTL near a planet that has a creature with venom that cures a disease that the crew got from another planet. I wonder if the Destiny's scanners detected the disease and knew to drop out near that planet.

6Stargate Universe Empty Re: Stargate Universe Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:04 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is a very cool show if not totally following the formula of the other Stargate series. I do like the characters although none have really grabbed me like the previous series. I do love the fact that they have gotten Richard Dean Anderson in from time to time to play General O'Neil. It's amazing that he's agreed to come back and I'm very happy about that. It should be interesting to see what kinds of things this crew face and hopefully over time they will become a well oiled machine but seeing that journey is very cool. It's what in my opinion they did rather poorly in Star Trek: Voyager. As for this show, so far so good. I am really enjoying this show.

7Stargate Universe Empty Re: Stargate Universe Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:05 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think I said what the fuck at the same time as eli did

8Stargate Universe Empty Re: Stargate Universe Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:14 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Still enjoying the show. It seems that everyone has their own agenda and it's rather interesting. I'm curious as to what threat this group needs to face for them to finally come together as a cohesive group.

9Stargate Universe Empty Re: Stargate Universe Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:13 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hey, HEY! what the fuck....

you can't just abandon begbie in the middle of nowwhere!

10Stargate Universe Empty Re: Stargate Universe Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:20 am

Splitty

Splitty
Ninja
Ninja

I hope you guys didn't miss the Season 2 opener episode that aired tonight.

I'm only 19 minutes into it, and it is awesome.
Good stuff still.
drunken

http://www.myspace.com/splitty

11Stargate Universe Empty Re: Stargate Universe Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:01 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The premiere was great.

I'm loving this show.

In the first half of the season I'd been wanting alien encounters and space battles. I'm glad were are getting some now. IMO, the Stargate franchise has amazing space battles, and I missed seeing them.

Looking back now, I think it was a good idea to focus on the characters in the first half of the season, and wait to get into alien stuff.

Oh, and I think the aliens in Space (which was the name of the episode) were really cool looking.

Can't wait for the next episode.

12Stargate Universe Empty Re: Stargate Universe Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:17 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Still liking this show but I wish they hadn't had such a break between the first half and the second half of the season. I had lost a bit of momentum when it came to my excitement for the show but it came back pretty quickly. I liked how Rush came back and I like that he's conspiring with Camile against Col. Young. I would imagine that they are going to find more scary things in space and I gotta say that this is not a well-oiled group. All of the in-fighting and conspiracies that go on, they are so ill-prepared it's not even funny and when the stuff really hits the fan, they better get their act together. Still, I like the show overall. The characterizations are good and unique. None of them are entirely likable but at the same time they all have redeemable qualities that makes you root for them even when your questioning their actions. I can't wait to see where this season goes.

13Stargate Universe Empty Re: Stargate Universe Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:42 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The assholes here showed about 3 episodes then it disappeared so I'll have to view this on DVD. I liked those first few episodes though.

14Stargate Universe Empty Re: Stargate Universe Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:24 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I got a bad feeling when this group really starts coming up against some alien baddies. They have not meshed at all for the most part and they don't work well as a group so it will be interesting to see how they will come together under pressure.

15Stargate Universe Empty Re: Stargate Universe Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:02 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Man, I LOVED Divided. I think it's probably my favorite episode of the series so far. This show just keeps getting better.

I hope Eli really turns on Chloe. She betrayed his trust, and I want to see some fallout of that.

16Stargate Universe Empty Re: Stargate Universe Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:10 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Faith was awesome.

This show is just fantastic. I like it more and more each episode.

17Stargate Universe Empty Re: Stargate Universe Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:36 pm

Splitty

Splitty
Ninja
Ninja

Yeah, this was a really good episode. Sad too.
I liked the fleeting chess moment between Rush & Col. Young. It's really interesting to watch the full spectrum of people relations, the tolerance limits they can push each other to and come back again. It'll be fun to see these two's constantly changing barbed relationship.

I kinda like how they're not keeping Camille Wray in a backstabbing bitch sterotype, but are letting her be a full human being too, with best intentions at heart, just maybe misguided as to her perceptions of what's right. Actually, her percetpions are almost always WRONG. Laughing
In fact, alot of them are making mistakes with their actions just because their perceptions of things are different.

I wonder, I don't think they really said
Spoiler:

Damn, 6 more days 'til the next one. Sad

18Stargate Universe Empty Re: Stargate Universe Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:16 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Here's my problem with the Camille and the I.O.A. That group has been represented more or less as the bad guys of Earth when it comes to the Stargate program. Especially in the SG1 series. Less so in Atlantis where you had Richard Woolsey has the leader in the last season and I liked his character more or less. This episode was really good. It was nice to see people begin to heal after the events of the previous episode. I cannot wait for the next episode though for two reasons. Daniel Jackson!

19Stargate Universe Empty Re: Stargate Universe Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:29 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^YES!! Daniel Jackson!!!!

20Stargate Universe Empty Re: Stargate Universe Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:57 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Human

I enjoyed this. It humanized Rush.

I can't wait to see how they rescue those left behind.

I could have used more Daniel Jackson, but since we'll see him again soon I'm fine.

21Stargate Universe Empty Re: Stargate Universe Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I also like how the Eli/Chloe relationship is healing. I didn't want him to just immediately forgive her. He kept his distance from her, and had her come asking for forgiveness. I like that.

22Stargate Universe Empty Re: Stargate Universe Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:58 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Good episode. I liked how they brought in Daniel Jackson. It made sense to me. Finally getting some background info on Rush. I had a feeling about his wife but now that they confirmed it, I enjoyed it. I wasn't sure if she had died or if she was dying but now I know and knowing is half the battle. The next episode looks pretty good. I still don't like Sgt. Greer but that's just me I guess. Maybe he'll grow on me. Like fungus.

23Stargate Universe Empty Re: Stargate Universe Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:04 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^I also like how the Eli/Chloe relationship is healing. I didn't want him to just immediately forgive her. He kept his distance from her, and had her come asking for forgiveness. I like that.
I thought that was good as well. Makes it more real which is something this show does well. Things aren't just smoothed over. They have to fight for forgiveness just like everything else. It's great.

24Stargate Universe Empty Re: Stargate Universe Sun May 02, 2010 10:40 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Lost

I enjoyed this. It was nice to see a little background on Greer.

I think it's funny that the name of the episode was Lost when the episode was structured like an episode of Lost with the flashbacks.

I was on the edge of my seat when Eli, Chloe, and Scott were trying to dial Destiny. I think it's a nice twist that they didn't make it back just in time. I can't wait to see what happens next.

25Stargate Universe Empty Re: Stargate Universe Mon May 03, 2010 12:18 am

Splitty

Splitty
Ninja
Ninja

They are so fucked right now.

And what makes it worse is that it's their own fault. If they had stayed put they would have been fine.

'DOH!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum