Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stargate Universe

+4
jaydee74
shining knight
FroZen
Batman25JM
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Stargate Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Stargate Universe Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:20 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^Agreed.

I hope we see more of Julie McNiven (she played the redheaded Lucian Alliance member).

I got a strong feeling we will. Considering she played a pivotal role in the season premiere, I have a feeling we haven't see the last of her and I hope not because she seems like an interesting character and I would really like to see the writers flesh out her character. Why did she join the Lucian Alliance? What made that the better choice than the Stargate Program? I want these kinds of answers.

52Stargate Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Stargate Universe Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:46 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So. Second episode down and still pretty good. Col. Young seems to make all of the tough decisions. I'm not even sure Jack could do what Young does. Looks like we're going to have a few of the Lucian Alliance members in the crew. Also looks like Dr. Rush has got a few things he's keeping from the rest of the crew. That's not going to end well for him. As always, looking forward to the next episode on this very interesting show.

53Stargate Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Stargate Universe Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:44 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aftermath

Greatly enjoyed this. It was interesting seeing that Rush really doesn't trust Young. I do hope they come together as a team this season. I get why they are divided, but I have a feeling that they'll really pull together out of necessity.

Young really does make the tough decisions. You can see how heavily it's weighing on him too.

I'm glad that some of the Lucian Alliance members are going to be sticking around. I love Julie McNiven.

I'm actually pretty surprised they killed Riley. I mean, I know he's not a main character, but still. When the shuttle was going down I thought he was a goner for sure, but when he didn't die right away I figured they'd save him. It shocked me a little that they didn't.

Can't wait for next week's episode.

54Stargate Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Stargate Universe Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:31 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Aftermath

Greatly enjoyed this. It was interesting seeing that Rush really doesn't trust Young. I do hope they come together as a team this season. I get why they are divided, but I have a feeling that they'll really pull together out of necessity.

Young really does make the tough decisions. You can see how heavily it's weighing on him too.

I'm glad that some of the Lucian Alliance members are going to be sticking around. I love Julie McNiven.

I'm actually pretty surprised they killed Riley. I mean, I know he's not a main character, but still. When the shuttle was going down I thought he was a goner for sure, but when he didn't die right away I figured they'd save him. It shocked me a little that they didn't.

Can't wait for next week's episode.

I can totally see why Rush wouldn't trust Young. The man did knock him out and leave him on a planet in the first season. That would dissolve any trust you would have in someone. At least when it comes to me anyway. I wonder if we'll see Young break down anytime during this season or down the line from having to make such tough decisions. It would be nice to see him confide in someone. For some reason, I want that person to be Camille and I really don't know why other than I think they have a cool interaction with each other. I love Julie McNiven as well and hope the do some cool stuff with her. I had a feeling Riley was a goner as well but the way he went out was tough but that's just on par with the show, right? Agreed. Each episode is compelling and interesting and very enjoyable.

55Stargate Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Stargate Universe Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:43 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Another great episode. I'm loving the interaction of the characters and I am so excited to see what happens when people find out about Dr. Rush's secret.

56Stargate Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Stargate Universe Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:48 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Awakening

Great as always. Rush is really getting in deep. When everyone finds out what he's been doing he's going to be in trouble. I can't wait.

I really hope we see Telford again soon, and that he's still himself next time we see him. I've liked him quite a bit since the brainwashing was reversed.

I have to say, Stargate Universe (and the Stargate franchise as a whole) has great special effects/CG. It just looks gorgeous. The aliens looked great. I'm continually amazed what they can do on a TV show's budget.

57Stargate Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Stargate Universe Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:59 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Awakening

Great as always. Rush is really getting in deep. When everyone finds out what he's been doing he's going to be in trouble. I can't wait.

I really hope we see Telford again soon, and that he's still himself next time we see him. I've liked him quite a bit since the brainwashing was reversed.

I have to say, Stargate Universe (and the Stargate franchise as a whole) has great special effects/CG. It just looks gorgeous. The aliens looked great. I'm continually amazed what they can do on a TV show's budget.

I was a bit bummed out that the aliens weren't the same species as Thor from SG1 but this is an interesting alien non-the-less. I do hope we see Telford again as well. This episode was a very redeeming episode for him and so I hope there is some follow-up with him. Rush is so deep that it won't be long before he's drowning in all of the deceit. Looks like we got a great episode coming up as well.

58Stargate Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Stargate Universe Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:08 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Cloverdale

This was okay. I'm just not the biggest fan of hallucination episodes.

Trial and Error

The first episode without a single word title. Weird.

I LOVED this episode. Young's dreams/breakdown were nicely done. I loved that Rush inadvertently solidified people's beliefs that Young was the right man to be in charge.

I've been wanting them to get Eli and Ginn together. I thought they'd make a good pair, and I wanted Eli to stop pining over Chloe as it has become clearer and clearer that she's going to stay with Scott. Anyway, I'm glad they got Eli and Ginn together. I hope they stay that way. They make a cute couple. Oh, and I have to say again just how in love with Julie McNiven I am.

59Stargate Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Stargate Universe Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:51 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I had been watching this show through Hulu and they haven't been posting new episodes which kind of pisses me off and makes me sad.

60Stargate Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Stargate Universe Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:00 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I missed a bunch of episodes but finally saw Trial and Error. I've seen variations of this kind of episode and this one was ok. I am so happy that Eli and the hot red headed girl got together. As far as I'm concerned, Eli is moving up in his crush selection and not down. (Julie McNiven is complete hotness) Dr. Rush is so building up some bad karma with his secrets it's not even funny anymore. As always, this show is good and I cannot wait for the next one.

61Stargate Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Stargate Universe Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:21 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Greater Good

I really enjoyed this episode (at least up until the end). The Rush/Young stuff was just great. And I loved Eli's reaction when he found out that Rush had access to the bridge for some time and didn't tell anyone.

Now to the part I hated, I'm FURIOUS they killed Ginn. I really liked her, and it was fantastic to have Eli have a love interest besides his unrequited love for Chloe. Plus, I LOVE Julie McNiven. They should have kept Ginn around, it could have been awesome.

62Stargate Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Stargate Universe Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:31 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

As usual, I concur. The stuff with Rush and Young was really good. I liked how things turned out between the two of them and it looks like Dr. Rush is going to have to do a lot in order to make things right with the rest of the crew. I'm curious to see how things work with the ship now they know that they have more access.

I'm really hoping that she's not dead but I think your right and she's dead. That pisses me off to no end. First off, they had someone who could have done so much in terms of forwarding their understanding of the ship. Also, I loved her relationship with Eli and it was interesting to see them together. Obviously all of this stuff is going to hit the fan next week and I wonder if Eli is going to want revenge? That would be interesting.

My question is this though: If Ginn is dead, is the Doctor also dead seeing as they were doing the whole body swapping thing with the stones? Yeah. Bad move though.

63Stargate Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Stargate Universe Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:47 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^According to the preview for the next episode (and some info from the internet) Ginn is dead, and so is Amanda Perry (killing one person when the stones are in use kills the other one as well). With Perry being killed it says Rush is going to go after Simeon for revenge.

It just irritates me. I mean, the next episode looks really good, but there was so much potential for the Ginn and Eli relationship as well as just for Ginn in general.

I'm holding out hope that they'll somehow be able to bring her back to life. You never really know with in Stargate. I mean, how many times were the SG-1 members killed and brought back? I'm hoping that maybe because of the stones there is something they can do.

64Stargate Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Stargate Universe Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:58 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So technically both are dead. Rush wanting revenge? That's interesting. Ok. I liked her a lot too and I was hoping to at the very least get her backstory a bit and see how she joined the Lucian Alliance. I also think she would have made a great addition to the team and dammit, I like Eli and wanted him to be happy. ARGH! I just hope that you are right ad there is a way to bring them back. I mean, we don't know how the stones work and maybe there can be a way to bring both of them back. Or maybe you can only bring one of them back which sounds more likely to me. I will say I am still pissed off that they killed Janet Frasier.

65Stargate Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Stargate Universe Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:48 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Yeah, me too. I'm also still pissed they killed Carson Beckett. His death was heartbreaking, and even though they brought him back, it wasn't quite the same since he was a clone (and not a regular cast member).

66Stargate Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Stargate Universe Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:41 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Malice

Despite hating the fact that they killed Ginn, this was a really great episode. Seeing Rush and Eli so distraught was great. The way the crew is realizing they have to work together, and how they are trying to trust each other is really nice. Rush taking revenge on Simeon was great. I wish we'd gotten more of Simeon though because I like Robert Knepper.

67Stargate Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Stargate Universe Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:07 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Visitation

I enjoyed this.

I'm wondering if Caine is really dead. He was still alive in the kino footage when the aliens intervened and sent the shuttle back to Destiny.

68Stargate Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Stargate Universe Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:50 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This show is just owning it. I mean, really. I am loving the interactions between the characters. Also Sgt. Greer is becoming a favorite of mine. I am loving his development this season. This show is rocking hard and I cannot wait for the next episode now. Love it.

69Stargate Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Stargate Universe Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:48 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Resurgence

Good episode. I'm glad Telford is back. And I love the fact that the crew is working together better, but the characters are still who they are (like Rush getting annoyed when the others screw things up).

Man, the crew is screwed. Then again, when aren't they. Smile

I feel so bad for Eli. I want them to find a way to bring Ginn back!!

70Stargate Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Stargate Universe Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:59 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ginn is gone and done with. Not to say that they can't bring her back. It always an option but I have a feeling her role was short-term. It felt short-term. However I see the one Lucian Alliance guy who is kind of chummy with the Doctor being around for awhile. I love that they are all meshing together and yet still bickering a bit. This show is getting really awesome.

71Stargate Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Stargate Universe Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:37 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

I can't believe Syfy canceled this.

They canceled Atlantis (a well-liked and consistently rated show) and replaced it with SGU.

Canceled.

They canceled BSG (a critically acclaimed show that struggled for ratings) and replaced it with Caprica.

Canceled.

Even when they manage to do something right, they find a way to screw it up.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

72Stargate Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Stargate Universe Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:54 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Paroxysm wrote:I can't believe Syfy canceled this.

They canceled Atlantis (a well-liked and consistently rated show) and replaced it with SGU.

Canceled.

They canceled BSG (a critically acclaimed show that struggled for ratings) and replaced it with Caprica.

Canceled.

BSG was not cancelled, that one they got to finish and imo, they finished it right. Caprica on the other hand was awesome, but way too intelligent for the common person.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

73Stargate Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Stargate Universe Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:03 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wait. They cancelled the show? *reads articles on the show's cancellation* Sonofabitch! Really?! I hope at least the last ten episodes gives us some kind of resolution then because otherwise it's kind of bullshit. I'll watch but dammit! I was really getting into this show. What the fuck SyFy?! you're gonna get it

74Stargate Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Stargate Universe Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:10 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

Denim wrote:
Paroxysm wrote:I can't believe Syfy canceled this.

Canceled.

Canceled.

BSG was not cancelled, that one they got to finish and imo, they finished it right. Caprica on the other hand was awesome, but way too intelligent for the common person.

Halfway through the 4th season, they announced they were going to cancel the planned 5th season and wrap up 30 episodes of story in 10 episodes. Which turned out to be a total abortion.

I though Caprica was slow and the character development was glacial to nonexistent (You miss your daughter. We GET IT. Move the fuck ON.)

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

75Stargate Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Stargate Universe Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:22 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gonna have to still disagree with your view of sci-fi cancelling BSG, from Wiki:

The Sci-Fi Channel confirmed on March 22, 2007 that Battlestar Galactica had been renewed for a fourth season of 22 episodes, which producers David Eick and Ronald D. Moore later announced to be the series' last

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlestar_Galactica_(2004_TV_series)

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum