Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trades

+54
supervenom
alucardbarnivous
The Ignored One
BigSoupCan
joegavilan
boberthavok
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Heytherejeffro
elijahdprophet
WonderWoman2.0
Warren_Worthington IV
vikoros
Spazzy
kidspider2099
KingJoffers
Chief Kamachi
DickGrayson007
THALASTDRAGON
TheUncannyJim
Foreigner_Man
Rath99
GigaToast
Spaced4SimonPegg
shiky800
pink*lantern
Metal Misfit
shining knight
wickidchyld
MikeSabian
dmahoney
Velociraptor DJ
r3l0ad
potatojoe
JessJupiter
Administrator
Goof
comicgeekelly
Bigtymin504
LOOSECANNON
Debaser77
jaydee74
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
BlueMaxx
Matt
LordD3r3k
AlienIncognito
andy546
Thundermatts
Tom
pumkinheadfan
prescribeddrone
Batman25JM
Joshua
Aussiemandias
58 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 23]

451Trades - Page 19 Empty Re: Trades Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:45 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
prescribeddrone wrote:I ordered THE INVISIBLES vol 1: Say You Want A Revolution and THE INVISIBLES vol 2 Apocalipstick.
What are they like? I've been thinking about checking them out.

I haven't got them yet but I did read issue one it's good. The series expands and introduces all these weird characters so it'll only get better.

It's about this secret group of freedom fighters called "the invisibles" and it has these rebellious kids that try to burn down their school, this brainwashing camp that has it's president talk to some space alien demon or something and later on it will have crazy mystic/astral shit and the other cool stuff in it.

Going by wiki, Grant says that aliens told him this story during when he was abducted.

I liked it enough to order those 2 Very Happy

452Trades - Page 19 Empty Re: Trades Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:57 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:

Going by wiki, Grant says that aliens told him this story during when he was abducted.
Laughing He's nuts. Thanks for that.

453Trades - Page 19 Empty Re: Trades Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:13 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Read The Walking Dead vol 8-11.

454Trades - Page 19 Empty Re: Trades Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:50 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Trades - Page 19 Samkieth
Just looked finished looking through it. Really good stuff. I'm actually like how he's evolving into abstract, which he jokingly seems to knock himself and fandom, knowing they may not care for it and just want his classic sketchings. Can't wait for the Art of Sam Kieth coming out soon. And there's an Ojo movie he made. Not sure if it's completed yet. I want to see it now!

Trades - Page 19 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVSUK1ZfUXu8PxKIfYQwk2dvshtiJr_aj4qfl3j1oA1z62Mjc&t=1&usg=__i0fK_dy6dVG76s66UOxGLOv1bgs=
It was okay. Very glad I didn't pay full price. Basically takes the early stories told in WWZ and puts them into comicbook format. You're really not missing too much, but it isn't boring. Very quick read. Like, not even 30 min. of casual reading.

455Trades - Page 19 Empty Re: Trades Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:18 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Love the art of the Record Attacks.

I picked up Crossed and Preacher vol. 7 at CCC

Just ordered Preacher vol. 8 and Ghost Rider: Heavens on Fire.

456Trades - Page 19 Empty Re: Trades Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:47 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

only graphic novel I read all summer was Saga of the Swamp Thing by Alan Moore hardcover Vol. 3....excellent of course

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

457Trades - Page 19 Empty Re: Trades Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:56 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just read:

Jersey G-ds volume 1 & 2
Scott Pilgrim volume 1

I need to start getting Walking Dead. I read the first two volumes when I borrowed it from someone at a freelance gig and never continued from there. I was in love with the art but there was so much other stuff I wanted to get before this. I did enjoy it a lot though.

458Trades - Page 19 Empty Re: Trades Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:51 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:

I finished Batman R.I.P. I strangely really didn't care for it don't know

Yeah R.I.P. was...different, especially if you haven't read any of Morrison's past Batman arcs.

I finished up Fables Volume 4: March of the Wooden Soldiers last night. I'm loving this series more and more with each trade.

459Trades - Page 19 Empty Re: Trades Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:17 pm

JonSpangler

JonSpangler
Pirate
Pirate

I just read Crisis on Infinite Earths

Was good and I reconize and appreciate how groundbreaking the book was for its time but I did not like it as much as I thought I would.

Read Cable and Deadpool Ultimate Collection 2 and Deadpool vs the Marvel Universe and loved both.

I like Deadpool written without multible personalities and playing off Cable as compared to fighting yellow boxes. Recap pages were great and I love Bob and Weasel.

460Trades - Page 19 Empty Re: Trades Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:05 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

JonSpangler wrote:I just read Crisis on Infinite Earths

Was good and I reconize and appreciate how groundbreaking the book was for its time but I did not like it as much as I thought I would.

Read Cable and Deadpool Ultimate Collection 2 and Deadpool vs the Marvel Universe and loved both.

I like Deadpool written without multible personalities and playing off Cable as compared to fighting yellow boxes. Recap pages were great and I love Bob and Weasel.

Yeah, it's tough to read those older books nowadays when we're so used to a particular style of writing (no personal bubbles) and widescreen drawing....also I need to pick up that Cable & Pool Ult 2nd Volume...

I just received X-Men Inferno Crossovers in the mail so now I can read it side by side with the main hardcover in the correct reading order..

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

461Trades - Page 19 Empty Re: Trades Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:25 pm

Parallax_48

Parallax_48
Cadet
Cadet

Halo: The Graphic Novel.

462Trades - Page 19 Empty Re: Trades Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:34 am

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Picked these up at a flea market.
Trades - Page 19 014
$25 for the lot! Very Happy

Last edited by pumkinheadfan on Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

463Trades - Page 19 Empty Re: Trades Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:38 am

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I picked up X-Men: Origins Emma Frost, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and iZombie.

464Trades - Page 19 Empty Re: Trades Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:38 am

Debaser77

Debaser77

iZombie's out in trade now? That's going on the wish list.

465Trades - Page 19 Empty Re: Trades Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:17 am

Debaser77

Debaser77

Fables Volume 5: The Mean Seasons - I don't know if becoming a parent has turned me into a giant sap, but the end of this trade gave me a genuine lump in the throat. This is a really interesting turnaround for the series, and I can't wait to read more.

The Unwritten, Volume 1 - I was pretty much on board with this book from the first page, but I didn't get truly hooked until I read the standalone story at the end involving Rudyard Kipling. This is a really cool idea for a comic and really appeals to the lit-nerd in me. Highly recommended!

466Trades - Page 19 Empty Re: Trades Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:58 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

A friend loaned me the first two hardcovers of Preacher. So I decided to spend my Sunday reading the first 26 issues of the series. Now I understand why Lee raves about this series so much.

467Trades - Page 19 Empty Re: Trades Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:18 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Outsiders Vol. 5: The Good Fight

I highly enjoyed this. I'm a big Judd Winick fan, and a big Nightwing fan, so this was perfect for me. The art was uneven though. I liked some of it, but other parts weren't that great. Dick looked Asian in parts of the book.

I've read Winick's Outsiders run fairly out of order. I read volumes 1 and 2 then read part of volume 6, then read volume 3 and the Outsiders/Teen Titans crossover, then finished volume 6 and now I've read volume 5. I need to read volume 4 at some point. I held off until now because Nightwing isn't in it.

Judd Winick has really made me like a book despite there only being one character I love in it (Nightwing), though in older volumes there was another character I really like (Arsenal/Roy Harper). He's made me into a fan of Metamorpho and Katana as well.

468Trades - Page 19 Empty Re: Trades Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I picked up iZombie issue #2, The Umbrella Academy and the graphic novel adaption to 28 Days Later. I also got from Amazon Hack/Slash vol. 3 and Preacher vol. 5.

469Trades - Page 19 Empty Re: Trades Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:07 pm

comedianviet

comedianviet
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Just finished reading all the Immortal Iron Fist trades, then going on to Immortal Weapons

http://vietscustomtoys.blogspot.com/

470Trades - Page 19 Empty Re: Trades Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:54 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Y: The Last Man Vol. 2: Cycles

I'm really falling in love with this book. It's just great.

Loved that Yorick mentioned Back to the Future after he woke up in Sonia's bed. That's all I could think about as it was happening.

I'm glad Victoria died. She was a colossal bitch and she deserved it.

I can't wait to read volume 3.

471Trades - Page 19 Empty Re: Trades Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:32 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Birds of Prey: Perfect Pitch

I enjoyed this. I didn't like it as much as the first 4 trades in Simone's (first) BoP run, but it was still really good. I just love the way she writes these characters.

472Trades - Page 19 Empty Re: Trades Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:09 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Y: The Last Man Vol. 3: One Small Step

Sooooo good, just soooooooo good. I absolutely LOVE this book. I can't wait to read vol. 4.

473Trades - Page 19 Empty Re: Trades Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:39 am

Debaser77

Debaser77

^ I'm glad you're digging it. YTLM is my favorite comic of all time.

Speaking of Brian K. Vaughan, I finished up Ex Machina Volume 9 over the weekend. What an awesomely weird twist at the end. I want to read the final volume NOW, but sadly it won't be out until November.

474Trades - Page 19 Empty Re: Trades Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:07 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just finished Preacher Vol. 2 - Until the End of the World. Wow. Just so bloody fantastic. Clever, funny and fun and just a really great ride. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

475Trades - Page 19 Empty Re: Trades Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:27 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Finished Volume 4 of Walking Dead. Can't wait to get the rest of the volumes. Awesome stuff.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum