Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Captain America

+14
NorrinRadd
hrdwrkngXsoldier
LordD3r3k
Toothgrinder
AlienIncognito
Debaser77
jaydee74
Aussiemandias
LOOSECANNON
comicgeekelly
Batman25JM
prescribeddrone
shiky800
Bigtymin504
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

151Captain America - Page 7 Empty Re: Captain America Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:09 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I forgot to mention how much I loved the line "friggin' Nazis". I don't know what it was about it, but I just loved it.
Wasn't it just that he was hallucinating that the cops were nazis and instead of swearing he says "friggin"? I don't think there was any more to it than that.

Yeah, that's all there was too it. I just meant that I didn't know why I loved such a simple little thing so much. It just struck me as hilarious, and I have no idea why.

152Captain America - Page 7 Empty Re: Captain America Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:03 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I forgot to mention how much I loved the line "friggin' Nazis". I don't know what it was about it, but I just loved it.
Wasn't it just that he was hallucinating that the cops were nazis and instead of swearing he says "friggin"? I don't think there was any more to it than that.

Yeah, that's all there was too it. I just meant that I didn't know why I loved such a simple little thing so much. It just struck me as hilarious, and I have no idea why.
Oh sorry, mate, I didn't quite understand what you meant. I think maybe it's because it's such a bizarre thing to hear in this day and age - there's a touch of absurdity to it. I also like that Bucky is a bit of a throwback (like Steve).

153Captain America - Page 7 Empty Re: Captain America Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:04 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think you're right about the absurdity of it.

I love that Bucky is a throwback. I'd love to see more of him dealing with living in today's world.

154Captain America - Page 7 Empty Re: Captain America Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:47 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I think you're right about the absurdity of it.

I love that Bucky is a throwback. I'd love to see more of him dealing with living in today's world.
Yeah I do think that's a story element that is underutilised.

155Captain America - Page 7 Empty Re: Captain America Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:55 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I remember it being used in a Winter Soldier one-shot during the Civil War event. He has to team up with some of the Young Avengers and they get mad at him when he uses the word "pansies". It was pretty funny.

156Captain America - Page 7 Empty Re: Captain America Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:52 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:Well, I'm suspecting by the end of this Zemo arc the whole world might know that Bucky is back and he's the man in the Captain America suit. Regardless of whether that's the outcome this is definitely getting things back on track with this book.

Batman25JM wrote:Captain America #607
I just LOVE the new dynamic between Bucky and Steve. I really hope that Steve continues to be a supporting character in this book.
Yeah I enjoy that too. There is such a great history between these 2 characters. I used to say that even when Steve was "dead" he was a huge presence in this book and I like that he's still involved. And it makes perfect sense that he'd be a mentor and friend to Bucky. Bucky being Cap feels so natural and something Steve would want when it's done like this.

Yep Bru is using Steve perfectly right now. His presence is still felt, but this is still undoubtedly Bucky's book. This Zemo plot has all the makings of a classic like Red Skull's plot was for Steve in this very book.

157Captain America - Page 7 Empty Re: Captain America Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:43 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Captain America #608

I liked this quite a bit. It'll be interesting to see how being outed will effect Bucky's life.

I'm not too huge on the art. It isn't bad, but it has a very 60s/70s feel to it, and I'm not really a fan of most of the art from that period.

158Captain America - Page 7 Empty Re: Captain America Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:01 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Captain America #608

I liked this quite a bit. It'll be interesting to see how being outed will effect Bucky's life.

I'm not too huge on the art. It isn't bad, but it has a very 60s/70s feel to it, and I'm not really a fan of most of the art from that period.

Yeah I think this was a great turn of events and bound to happen sooner or later. If it was just the info about him being Bucky it wouldn't have been so bad (in fact I think the American public would have been right behind him) but Zemo getting the info out that Bucky was working for the Russians during the cold war was a great touch which puts Bucky in a really bad position. Will be very interesting to see what happens next. More great plot development from Brubaker.

I tend to agree that the art has been a bit of a let down although the scenes in the rain looked really good. I think maybe there's a little bit too much homage to Jack Kirby going on here.

159Captain America - Page 7 Empty Re: Captain America Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:59 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Current arc is wonderful.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

160Captain America - Page 7 Empty Re: Captain America Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:15 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I love that Bucky is a throwback. I'd love to see more of him dealing with living in today's world.

Aussiemandias wrote:Yeah I do think that's a story element that is underutilised.

Isn't ironic that this was the reason Marvel gave for killing Steve? Because he was out of touch. It just amuses me

161Captain America - Page 7 Empty Re: Captain America Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:17 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I love that Bucky is a throwback. I'd love to see more of him dealing with living in today's world.

Aussiemandias wrote:Yeah I do think that's a story element that is underutilised.

Isn't ironic that this was the reason Marvel gave for killing Steve? Because he was out of touch. It just amuses me

Bucky's exactly the same! haha And the stupidity of that is that it's such a fantastic plot/character element! It's something to be embraced not ignored.

162Captain America - Page 7 Empty Re: Captain America Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:56 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:

I do find it kind of ironic.

I want to get this book. I really really do but with such a horrible backup, it's not worth the money.

163Captain America - Page 7 Empty Re: Captain America Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:48 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Captain America #609

Story-wise I loved this issue. I absolutely love what Brubaker is doing with Bucky (and Steve). In terms of art this issue lacked. I was fine with some of it (even kinda liking it), but some of it not so much. IMO, it looked like there were two different artists working on the issue despite the fact that it was just one. Parts of the issue looked like art from the 60s/70s, and as I said before, I don't like most of the art from that period. That one panel with Steve in the action pose/punching looks EXACTLY like something you'd see in the 60s.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

164Captain America - Page 7 Empty Re: Captain America Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:17 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Captain America #609

Story-wise I loved this issue. I absolutely love what Brubaker is doing with Bucky (and Steve). in terms of art this issue lacked. I was fine with some of it (even kinda liking it), but some of it not so much. IMO, it looked like there were two different artist working on the issue despite the fact that it was just one. Parts of the issue looked like art from the 60s/70s, and as I said before, I don't like most of the art from that period. That one panel with Steve in the action pose/punching looks EXACTLY like something you'd see in the 60s.

I'm with you 100%. Story - good - I really like Zemo having the upper hand and I'm really interested how Bucky having his identity made public is handled by him and by the public. I tend to think if Steve came out and supported him he wouldn't have too many troubles. I enjoy the fact that Brubaker's main villains are generally pretty competent. Art - mixed. Some scenes look good but then Guice goes into Kirby mode (that's what it is, Bats, he's doing a Jack Kirby imitation) and it's really just not appropriate anymore (actually I'm on of those rare people who hates Jack Kirby's art...HERESY!!!).

165Captain America - Page 7 Empty Re: Captain America Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Exactly!! I was going to mention that the art was like a Kirby imitation. I appreciate Kirby's contribution to comics, but I am not a fan of his art.

166Captain America - Page 7 Empty Re: Captain America Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:36 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I no longer read this book but I checked out the most recent issue. I don't mind the art terribly but I do happen to like Kirby art. I'm just not that interested as much as I was before. I also cannot stand the backup story and I consider it nothing more than wasted pages and I do not feel the need to pay money for wasted pages. Eh. I'm just no longer impressed like I was in the beginning.

167Captain America - Page 7 Empty Re: Captain America Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:14 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Captain America #610

Once again I enjoyed this. I just love the continuing story of Bucky. The next issue should be awesome.

The are was so so. I didn't hate it as much as the last issue. It was less Kirby-esque for the most part. I just wasn't too thrilled with it. I want Epting back.

168Captain America - Page 7 Empty Re: Captain America Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:05 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Captain America #610

Once again I enjoyed this. I just love the continuing story of Bucky. The next issue should be awesome.

The are was so so. I didn't hate it as much as the last issue. It was less Kirby-esque for the most part. I just wasn't too thrilled with it. I want Epting back.

I must admit I never expected Bucky's identity to come out in the open like this so it's an interesting turn of events and I agree that the next story arc should be fascinating. Seeing the public's reaction to Bucky's return and what he did as the Winter Soldier should be pretty good especially when Bucky doesn't remember it all himself. Looking forward to it.

I don't appreciate Guice's retro art one bit especially when you know he's doing it on purpose having seen him use very different styles before.

169Captain America - Page 7 Empty Re: Captain America Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:30 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Captain America #610

You can't have Epting b/c he's on Fantastic Four..but his precursor Neil Edwards would actually be a good fit for this book...I'd like to see the guy do more than just "fill-in" art. Of course this issue was entertaining, but I can't help but think "nothing happened." Basically, we have to wait to see a part deux. This arc reminded me of some of Brubaker's noir-themed indies, which is actually a good thing. The next arc should be a lot more dense.

3.5/5

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

170Captain America - Page 7 Empty Re: Captain America Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:51 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Captain America #611

God I loved this issue. It was just so awesome. I loved Clint's reaction to Bucky's past. And Steve fighting for Bucky, and standing up to the president. Oh, so good. I didn't even mind that a chunk of the issue was just recapping stuff we already saw.

I'm not really a fan of Daniel Acuña's art. I've hated it every time I've seen it, but for some reason I was okay with it here. I wasn't jumping for joy with it (and I still want Epting back), but I think because I was disliking what Butch Guice was doing (his Kirby imitation) that any change is welcome.

Brubaker can never leave Captain America. I want him writing it for the rest of his life. I just love it so much.

171Captain America - Page 7 Empty Re: Captain America Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:51 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Captain America #611

God I loved this issue. It was just so awesome. I loved Clint's reaction to Bucky's past. And Steve fighting for Bucky, and standing up to the president. Oh, so good. I didn't even mind that a chunk of the issue was just recapping stuff we already saw.

I'm not really a fan of Daniel Acuña's art. I've hated it every time I've seen it, but for some reason I was okay with it here. I wasn't jumping for joy with it (and I still want Epting back), but I think because I was disliking what Butch Guice was doing (his Kirby imitation) that any change is welcome.

Brubaker can never leave Captain America. I want him writing it for the rest of his life. I just love it so much.

Man, I so agree with you. This issue was just plain excellent.

What I love about what Brubaker is doing here is that it is absolutely a natural story progression. In this day and age it was surely going to come out sooner or later that Bucky was the Winter Soldier. It had to. And so now it has and I can totally see Bucky put on trial. How could he not be put on trial? Sure, we know he was brainwashed, but to most people that would be hard to believe and it really does look like he's a traitor. This story had to happen from the moment Bucky became Captain America.

All the elements were great here - Steve's undying loyalty to Bucky (I love the relationship between those two), the debate at Avengers Tower (I can totally understand Clint's concerns about not being told about this aspect of Bucky's life), Steve's discussions with the President. All really well done.

I like Acuna's art and it really worked here well.

172Captain America - Page 7 Empty Re: Captain America Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:22 pm

TheBrownLantern

TheBrownLantern
Cadet
Cadet

jaydee74 wrote:I no longer read this book but I checked out the most recent issue. I don't mind the art terribly but I do happen to like Kirby art. I'm just not that interested as much as I was before. I also cannot stand the backup story and I consider it nothing more than wasted pages and I do not feel the need to pay money for wasted pages. Eh. I'm just no longer impressed like I was in the beginning.

yeah, i agree. Unfortunately, i've dropped the book just cuz the price went up and the back-up stories are SO disconnected from the main Cap storyline. Its not a good use of space. Give me a Sharon Carter back-up storyline. She was one of the most interesting parts of the Brubaker run on Captain America, IMO

173Captain America - Page 7 Empty Re: Captain America Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:02 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I want a Steve Rogers backup.

Personally, I love this book so much that they could charge $15 an issue and I'd still buy it. It's my favorite Marvel book (Secret Avengers and Ultimate Spidey are close behind), and
It is probably my second favorite book overall (Red Robin isy favorite).

174Captain America - Page 7 Empty Re: Captain America Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:52 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I want a Steve Rogers backup.

Personally, I love this book so much that they could charge $15 an issue and I'd still buy it. It's my favorite Marvel book (Secret Avengers and Ultimate Spidey are close behind), and
It is probably my second favorite book overall (Red Robin isy favorite).

A Steve Rogers backup would be great. $15 an issue and you would pay it? hmm

175Captain America - Page 7 Empty Re: Captain America Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:54 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Yep, buy I'd drop a bunch of other Marvel books to make up for it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum