Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

+12
deadbolt85
supervenom
Joshua
Administrator
Ben Akers
jaydee74
superdoug
Jherek
rwe1138
shining knight
MillionDollarGeek
Aussiemandias
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 2 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:10 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

I knew I was right to drop this title. Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 2 887618

27Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 2 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:52 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

relax! That's not going to happen.

28Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 2 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:13 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#31 was a decent read.

A review is forthcoming.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

29Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 2 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:18 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:#31 was a decent read.

A review is forthcoming.
Yeah it wasn't bad. I thought Buffy definitely deserved what Xander said to her. I also think the Dawn and Xander relationship is a good one because, like Willow, I think it's always been on the cards even since the tv series.

Funnily for once I ended up with the Georges Jeanty cover and didn't mind because it was a really good one for this issue.

30Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 2 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:13 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So wait. Xander and Dawn? Together? Does anyone else think that's a bit..... Shocked

31Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 2 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:29 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:So wait. Xander and Dawn? Together? Does anyone else think that's a bit..... Shocked

Erm...not really? He's only five years older than she is, and if she's 19 now, he's only 24, and that's no so squicky.

Now, if you take into consideration that he's (technically) known her since she was ten, then it gets a little oogy, but not terribly so.

Edit: I think that Dawn's even older than that, since they seem to be playing it as 'years later', and she was 17 when the show ended. So, even more not icky. tongue

32Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 2 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:48 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:So wait. Xander and Dawn? Together? Does anyone else think that's a bit..... Shocked

Erm...not really? He's only five years older than she is, and if she's 19 now, he's only 24, and that's no so squicky.

Now, if you take into consideration that he's (technically) known her since she was ten, then it gets a little oogy, but not terribly so.

Edit: I think that Dawn's even older than that, since they seem to be playing it as 'years later', and she was 17 when the show ended. So, even more not icky. tongue

Ok. I guess so. Somehow, it just seems a bit weird to me and maybe it feels a bit out of left field although I admit to not being a regular reader of the Buffy book. It's interesting enough but took me by surprise.

33Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 2 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:10 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:

jaydee74 wrote:
superdoug wrote:

Ok. I guess so. Somehow, it just seems a bit weird to me and maybe it feels a bit out of left field although I admit to not being a regular reader of the Buffy book. It's interesting enough but took me by surprise.
I think you've got the ages about right there Superdoug. I really don't feel it's out of left field. In the tv series I think there were always signs there that Dawn had a crush on Xander. The thing is I've seen a very similar situation to this in real life (in fact my friend ended up marrying her) so I don't think it's entirely shocking at all.

The way I see it is - as a teenage girl Dawn has a crush on Xander. As she gets older, becomes a woman, that crush hasn't gone away. Xander's always had a soft spot for her and cared about her and eventually as Dawn has gotten older and made her feelings overt to him he's probably realised he has feelings for her too. And so, they fall in love. I love you wub

34Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 2 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:18 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Interesting. I do remember the crush thing. Maybe it's not as icky as I first thought. Good points.

35Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 2 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:05 pm

Ben Akers

Ben Akers
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I liked the issue, although it should have been called "Retreat Part Six".

Wink

36Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 2 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:56 pm

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
superdoug wrote:

jaydee74 wrote:
superdoug wrote:

I think you've got the ages about right there Superdoug. I really don't feel it's out of left field. In the tv series I think there were always signs there that Dawn had a crush on Xander. The thing is I've seen a very similar situation to this in real life (in fact my friend ended up marrying her) so I don't think it's entirely shocking at all.

The way I see it is - as a teenage girl Dawn has a crush on Xander. As she gets older, becomes a woman, that crush hasn't gone away. Xander's always had a soft spot for her and cared about her and eventually as Dawn has gotten older and made her feelings overt to him he's probably realised he has feelings for her too. And so, they fall in love. I love you wub

hmm She's the freakin key man! She didn't exist when she was 10. Does anyone remember all of it? She's not real!

I would have boned her back then.

37Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 2 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:40 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

MillionDollarGeek wrote:hmm She's the freakin key man! She didn't exist when she was 10. Does anyone remember all of it? She's not real!

Sorry, that's incorrect. The spell that bound the Key into human form also gave her an entire human history that bound her to the Slayer in such a fashion that the Slayer would protect it with her life. As such, all of the Scooby Gang's memories were re-written to include Dawn. Recall, when Buffy was 'shut down' and Willow went into her mind, there were memories of Dawn as a baby in there. Once Glory was defeated and the gateway closed, Dawn's 'mystic' power was sealed, and she became a regular human girl, allegedly.

So, while Dawn was 'created', and the Gang know that now, she (and they) still have all those re-worked memories and feelings.

38Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 2 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:43 am

Ben Akers

Ben Akers
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

They did a story about it in the first run of Buffy comics that Dark Horse did.

It was actually kind of cool to see the events of the first couple of seasons with Dawn a part of them.

39Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 2 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:38 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

It feels "icky" when you remember Dawn was a young teenager during the show and Xander was couple of years older, but like Doug said, when you think of it, there's not much of an age different between the two. Also, I haven't felt awkward (same as the Scoobies) about Dawn being a new, magically created character since Season 5.

And let's not forget Xander and Anya. She was thousands of years old when starting her romance with this 18-19 years old man. And Buffy and Angel or Spike? Angel and Cordelia? The age difference between these characters (despite how young the older of them looked) was bigger than the one between Xander ans Dawn, especially when in their mind and heart - despite knowing the true origin of Dawn - she's a normal young woman whom Xander knew since he was in 10th grade.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

40Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 2 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:30 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:It feels "icky" when you remember Dawn was a young teenager during the show and Xander was couple of years older, but like Doug said, when you think of it, there's not much of an age different between the two. Also, I haven't felt awkward (same as the Scoobies) about Dawn being a new, magically created character since Season 5.

And let's not forget Xander and Anya. She was thousands of years old when starting her romance with this 18-19 years old man. And Buffy and Angel or Spike? Angel and Cordelia? The age difference between these characters (despite how young the older of them looked) was bigger than the one between Xander ans Dawn, especially when in their mind and heart - despite knowing the true origin of Dawn - she's a normal young woman whom Xander knew since he was in 10th grade.

Good points. Tomer. Especially when you bring up the Buffy/Angel, Buffy/Spike and Anya/Xander points.

41Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 2 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:52 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#32 was damn great. Loved Xander & Buffy' discussion about phasing.

42Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 2 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:16 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

An awesome issue. I loved the whole 'trying out the super-powers' bit, and the various reactions to it (particularly when certain parties put things together). I loved the machine in Twilight's base...trust Warren to build something directly out of a comic. tongue

I can't wait for the next issue!

43Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 2 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:30 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Super powers? Doesn't she already have Slayer powers but just able to fly or am I missing something?

44Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 2 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:23 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

She's way stronger now, and has flight, super-speed and telescopic vision, all of which are new.

45Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 2 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:35 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:#32 was damn great. Loved Xander & Buffy' discussion about phasing.

superdoug wrote:An awesome issue. I loved the whole 'trying out the super-powers' bit, and the various reactions to it (particularly when certain parties put things together). I loved the machine in Twilight's base...trust Warren to build something directly out of a comic. tongue

I can't wait for the next issue!
I agree with you guys. This was a really fun and funny issue. Xander wondering if it would be difficult to make a signal watch really cracked me up. He's in heaven!

46Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 2 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:53 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#33 keeps up the awesome streak. Loved Andrew geared for battle. The Twilight reveal was handled well, and I think his intentions are what I believed they would be. Namely, making Buffy stronger for an upcoming conflict.

47Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 2 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:53 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So Buffy has super-powers now? Interesting. And so Angel is evil?

48Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 2 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:04 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Yes. And sort of. He's not Angelus, though.

49Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 2 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:58 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Huh so it is him them

was kind of hoping for a last minute reveal and that the leaked stuff was a red herring.

guess not

50Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 2 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:15 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:Yes. And sort of. He's not Angelus, though.
So not 100% evil but at the same time he's not Angelus. So it's Angel doing the bad things.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum