Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brightest Day

+42
TheBrownLantern
DickGrayson007
dmahoney
WonderWoman2.0
elijahdprophet
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zeroskull21
Debaser77
LordD3r3k
G_Zatara
JonSpangler
shark6495
superdoug
LOOSECANNON
Hannibal king
Spazzy
rwe1138
Spider_Fan14
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
blue halo
Tom
Foreigner_Man
Demonweasel
jaydee74
Mnemosis
Jherek
Esbat
alucardbarnivous
Rath99
Aussiemandias
shiky800
krpykrwly
comicgeekelly
Joshua
Sandman
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
BlueMaxx
Batman25JM
Fresh03
prescribeddrone
Bigtymin504
shining knight
46 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 22]

301Brightest Day - Page 13 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:13 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

so what do you guys think of some of the recent developments in the other stories? apparently the Black rings have not totally given up their sway on the ones who came back. First Aqua Man can only control dead sea life (I would love to see him walk into a sushi resturant) now we see that Capt Boomerang can create boomerang constructs that look like they are make out of black enery, and in the generation lost book Maxwell Lord kills anyone he tries to mind control! and they end up looking like black lanterns! what do you think is in store for the rest of them? the Hawks, Martian manhunter, Hawk how would the black lantern sway them and their powers?

302Brightest Day - Page 13 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:31 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sandman wrote:so what do you guys think of some of the recent developments in the other stories? apparently the Black rings have not totally given up their sway on the ones who came back. First Aqua Man can only control dead sea life (I would love to see him walk into a sushi resturant) now we see that Capt Boomerang can create boomerang constructs that look like they are make out of black enery, and in the generation lost book Maxwell Lord kills anyone he tries to mind control! and they end up looking like black lanterns! what do you think is in store for the rest of them? the Hawks, Martian manhunter, Hawk how would the black lantern sway them and their powers?

IF the black rings still have control over everyone, then perhaps whatever Jonn's plan is regarding bringing back his people will cause them to be Black Lanterns?

303Brightest Day - Page 13 Empty Re: Brightest Day Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:02 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Brightest Day #5 was decent. I wonder how long ago Johns & Tomasi decided to use the oil leak bit.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

304Brightest Day - Page 13 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:59 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow. Some mighty interesting developments in #5. I am loving how the Hawkman/Hawkwoman story is developing and especially the Aquaman/Mera story. I cannot wait to see how those two stories continue on. With the Hawk and Dove/Deadman is also interesting. I'm loving this series and I cannot wait to read the next issue.

305Brightest Day - Page 13 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:44 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm really liking that they aren't trying to cram every story into each issue now. It's really allowing the stories they are focusing on to move, unlike before. Brightest Day has picked up a lot of steam in these past two issues. Now I know for sure that this will stay on my pull list.

306Brightest Day - Page 13 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:54 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Review of #5 is up.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=25532

307Brightest Day - Page 13 Empty Re: Brightest Day Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:12 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

#5 was another meh issue for me, I'm getting less and less excited about this book with each installment. No J'onn again certainly didn't help. The Aquaman/Mera story got some much needed development but nothing great I thought. The Hawk/Dove stuff is intriguing because of the whole resurrection possibility, although I doubt they'll start bringing people back so soon after declaring "dead means dead".

Oh and Hawk Pandora is weirding me out. Laughing

308Brightest Day - Page 13 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:52 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What is October’s RETURN OF THE BLACK LANTERNS?
Tuesday, July 13th, 2010

By Alex Segura

Brightest Day - Page 13 Rotbl

309Brightest Day - Page 13 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:53 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Wow, Finch does those good.

http://www.demonweasel.com

310Brightest Day - Page 13 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:41 pm

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

+1 Finch is awesome. One of the few artists i would spend hundreds on for a sketch.

311Brightest Day - Page 13 Empty Re: Brightest Day Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:07 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:I'm really liking that they aren't trying to cram every story into each issue now. It's really allowing the stories they are focusing on to move, unlike before.

Yeah, I completely agree. I liked this issue with its focus on only 3 main stories and all of them were intriguing. I have to say I'm actually starting to be interested in the Mera character which I didn't really care much about previously.

312Brightest Day - Page 13 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:57 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tyler Kirkham signed exclusive with DC
http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/07/16/tyler-kirkham-%E2%80%93-exclusive-to-dc-and-drawing-green-lantern-corps/

Um check out the cover to a one-shot called UNTOLD TALES OF THE BLACK LANTERNS #1...

Spoiler:

That's an interesting costume for Animal Man... huh

313Brightest Day - Page 13 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:48 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Brightest Day - Page 13 Bd_poster

314Brightest Day - Page 13 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:53 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really liked issue #5.

I'm loving the Aquaman story. I can honestly say that the more exposure I have to Aquaman the more I love him. If after Brightest Day is over I'd love a new Aquaman ongoing. I know that they haven't been best sellers in the past, but if they put out a new one I'd so buy it.

315Brightest Day - Page 13 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:55 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Aquaman is very interesting. I am curious as to Mera's people and her original mission to kill Aquaman.

316Brightest Day - Page 13 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:01 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Yeah, me too.

317Brightest Day - Page 13 Empty Re: Brightest Day Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:29 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#6 was good. Although now I want a scene with White Lantern Deadman & Orange Lantern Hal Jordan eating hamburgers. I smell a commission...

318Brightest Day - Page 13 Empty Re: Brightest Day Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:27 pm

TheBrownLantern

TheBrownLantern
Cadet
Cadet

why was #6 so thin? I picked it up and then put it back on the shelf...i can't justify spending 3 dollars on a paper thin book.

319Brightest Day - Page 13 Empty Re: Brightest Day Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:30 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

TheBrownLantern wrote:why was #6 so thin? I picked it up and then put it back on the shelf...i can't justify spending 3 dollars on a paper thin book.
It was the standard 32 issues.

320Brightest Day - Page 13 Empty Re: Brightest Day Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:48 pm

TheBrownLantern

TheBrownLantern
Cadet
Cadet

rwe1138 wrote:
TheBrownLantern wrote:why was #6 so thin? I picked it up and then put it back on the shelf...i can't justify spending 3 dollars on a paper thin book.
It was the standard 32 issues.

really? Huh. I guess i'm just paranoid.
I can always go back next week and buy it

321Brightest Day - Page 13 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:35 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Review of #6 is up.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=26105

Best issue of the series so far, IMO. I'm loving the J'onn J'onzz storyline.

322Brightest Day - Page 13 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:53 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Brightest Day - Page 13 Bd_poster

I think these are good fun when DC does these teasers. Interesting stuff here:

- By my count there are 3 of the resurrected characters not represented here with the most conspicuous being Max Lord
- Whose shield is that?
- Whose coffin is it that Guy and co. are digging up?
- BL Aquaman seems to have suffered from somethign bursting out of him
- I think issue #6 gives us some real hints as to what Ronnie and Jason are doing burying the BL Firestorm

Issue #6

Another good issue. I'm really enjoying the Martian Manhunter stuff. It seems to me that Geoff Johns has a real knack for horror tinged work - it seems to be some of his best stuff lately. And it's beautifully drawn by Pat Gleason. This looks like being a pretty brutal storyline.

In fact, all of the storylines were good this issue. It seems Deadman has forgotten how to live which I thought was a nice touch. It's not a surprise that a guy who hasn't had to worry about eating for so long has forgotten to eat.

It's starting to look obvious that the BL Firestorm is still alive inside the Firestorm matrix with Ronnie and Jason and still has some level of control. Not sure how they get out of this problem. My problem with the Firestorm story is that this Ronnie Raymond doesn't really seem to be acting like the one I used to know however maybe as hinted at in this issue he's been acting funny due to his feelings about what the BL Firestorm did.

And as I've mentioned before, I think Mera is starting to become a very interesting character with her history.

The art all through this issue was excellent.

323Brightest Day - Page 13 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:04 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Aussiemandias wrote:
- Whose shield is that?
The Weaponer, a new baddie over in Green Lantern Corps, he actually forged Sinestro's original ring.

Brightest Day - Page 13 15727_400x600

Geoff revealed at a panel today that the shield is constructed out of White Lantern energy. Apparently once a White Lantern construct is created, it stays.

324Brightest Day - Page 13 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:44 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Brightest Day #6

I loved this issue. I'm loving this book. I'm interested in every single storyline.

I was interested in MM's storyline before, but now I'm 10 times more interested.

The Aquaman/Mera storyline is my favorite one right now. I seriously REALLY want an Aquaman ongoing when this book is over.

Deadman not remembering to eat was a nice touch. The interactions with him and Hawk were great.

And I have to agree, the art in this entire issue was fantastic.

Aussiemandias wrote:

I'm going to guess that it's someone that was close to Hal. I think this may be why Guy said that Hal would never forgive him (or whatever the exact words were). Could it be Abin Sur? I don't know, but I do think it's someone Hal knows.

325Brightest Day - Page 13 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:51 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:[b]

Aussiemandias wrote:

I'm going to guess that it's someone that was close to Hal. I think this may be why Guy said that Hal would never forgive him (or whatever the exact words were). Could it be Abin Sur? I don't know, but I do think it's someone Hal knows.

Yes! I think the idea that it's someone close to Hal absolutely works considering Guy's comments.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum