Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brightest Day

+42
TheBrownLantern
DickGrayson007
dmahoney
WonderWoman2.0
elijahdprophet
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zeroskull21
Debaser77
LordD3r3k
G_Zatara
JonSpangler
shark6495
superdoug
LOOSECANNON
Hannibal king
Spazzy
rwe1138
Spider_Fan14
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
blue halo
Tom
Foreigner_Man
Demonweasel
jaydee74
Mnemosis
Jherek
Esbat
alucardbarnivous
Rath99
Aussiemandias
shiky800
krpykrwly
comicgeekelly
Joshua
Sandman
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
BlueMaxx
Batman25JM
Fresh03
prescribeddrone
Bigtymin504
shining knight
46 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 22]

326Brightest Day - Page 14 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:58 pm

TheBrownLantern

TheBrownLantern
Cadet
Cadet

loved the cheeseburger bit. that was hilarious.

#6 was great

327Brightest Day - Page 14 Empty Re: Brightest Day Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:24 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:[b]

Aussiemandias wrote:
- Whose coffin is it that Guy and co. are digging up?

I'm going to guess that it's someone that was close to Hal. I think this may be why Guy said that Hal would never forgive him (or whatever the exact words were). Could it be Abin Sur? I don't know, but I do think it's someone Hal knows.

Yes! I think the idea that it's someone close to Hal absolutely works considering Guy's comments.

What if it's Hal's dad that they are digging up? That would definitely piss Hal off.

328Brightest Day - Page 14 Empty Re: Brightest Day Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:25 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

If it was Abin it could also tie in to his importance with the Indigo Tribe.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

329Brightest Day - Page 14 Empty Re: Brightest Day Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:27 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^You're right.

330Brightest Day - Page 14 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:44 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No....No....No....No...No...NO...NO...NO...FUCKING NO!!!!

Seriously if Miss Martian is dead....that's it I'm done....seriously I liked that character and I am sick of my fave characters being offed for shock value >(

331Brightest Day - Page 14 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:56 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really like this issue. I am so intrigued by the Firestorm plot which says something because I love all the plots going on in Brightest Day.

Batman25JM wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:
- Whose coffin is it that Guy and co. are digging up?

I'm going to guess that it's someone that was close to Hal. I think this may be why Guy said that Hal would never forgive him (or whatever the exact words were). Could it be Abin Sur? I don't know, but I do think it's someone Hal knows.

I was thinking that as well considering that Abin Sur might be connected to the Indigo Tribe somehow. Or. He could be digging up Martin Jordan in which case Hal would want get his rage on.

TheBrownLantern wrote:loved the cheeseburger bit. that was hilarious.

#6 was great
It made sense to me. Boston Brand has been dead for so long that I think the White Ring is showing Boston how to live. You gotta eat and apparently, Boston loved cheeseburgers. I thought it was kind of neat.

332Brightest Day - Page 14 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:39 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

shining knight wrote:No....No....No....No...No...NO...NO...NO...FUCKING NO!!!!

Seriously if Miss Martian is dead....that's it I'm done....seriously I liked that character and I am sick of my fave characters being offed for shock value Mad
Eh, I don't think she's dead. Martians can take a lot of punishment and still recover.

Besides, she's going to be on the up-coming animated Young Justice, so it would be stupid to kill her off. Of course, this is the same company that cancelled Blue Beetle right when Jaime started appearing on Batman: Brave & The Bold. shake my head

333Brightest Day - Page 14 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:18 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TheBrownLantern wrote:loved the cheeseburger bit. that was hilarious.

#6 was great
It made sense to me. Boston Brand has been dead for so long that I think the White Ring is showing Boston how to live. You gotta eat and apparently, Boston loved cheeseburgers. I thought it was kind of neat.[/quote]

Was it in Green Lantern this week where someone else was talking about being told he should eat more cheeseburgers? Is that some sort of clue?

http://www.demonweasel.com

334Brightest Day - Page 14 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:26 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hal Jordan in a conversation with Larfleeze mentioned cheeseburgers. When Hal had the orange ring, he was talking about all the cheeseburgers he was going to eat. Maybe Geoff Johns loves cheeseburgers.

335Brightest Day - Page 14 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:45 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Hal Jordan in a conversation with Larfleeze mentioned cheeseburgers. When Hal had the orange ring, he was talking about all the cheeseburgers he was going to eat. Maybe Geoff Johns loves cheeseburgers.

Maybe the white lanterns are conduits to other entities.

336Brightest Day - Page 14 Empty Re: Brightest Day Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:50 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#7 was good. It was nice to get explanations on the resurrections, even if some of them were a tad cryptic.

337Brightest Day - Page 14 Empty Re: Brightest Day Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:55 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Brightest Day #7

Uhh I dunno I found this issue kinda odd, silly almost. Some of the stuff the White Lantern was saying made me giggle, and I don't think it was supposed to. I remain optimistic but this story is close to losing me.

338Brightest Day - Page 14 Empty Re: Brightest Day Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:19 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

I like the insinuation that they are only alive and will only stay alive if they do what the lantern demands of them, although some of them don't make sense. Harkness was brought back so that he would throw one of the black boomerangs at Dove, and Hawk was brought back to catch it? That is a little too circular and I am hoping it pays off somehow.

339Brightest Day - Page 14 Empty Re: Brightest Day Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:21 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Review of issue # 7 is up.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=26819

Still really diggin' this book.

340Brightest Day - Page 14 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:38 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really liked that we got some answers in this issue. As always the writing and art were great.

341Brightest Day - Page 14 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:41 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is the issue where I was like "It's on." I was very happy with this issue and it's the beginning of what I am hoping will be cool stuff coming. The Firestorm story is still got me hooked and I am curious as hell to see what happens with these two characters after this story. I am loving it.

342Brightest Day - Page 14 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:53 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Brightest Day - Page 14 Sdcc-10-ultimate-cosplay-gallery-20100726112932983_640w

Brilliant! Laughing

343Brightest Day - Page 14 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:53 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Brightest Day #7

I loved this. We got answers, but there are still questions.

I love the reveal that those who were resurrected will only stay alive if they complete a certain task/mission.

344Brightest Day - Page 14 Empty Re: Brightest Day Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:52 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:This is the issue where I was like "It's on." I was very happy with this issue and it's the beginning of what I am hoping will be cool stuff coming. The Firestorm story is still got me hooked and I am curious as hell to see what happens with these two characters after this story. I am loving it.

Batman25JM wrote:Brightest Day #7

I loved this. We got answers, but there are still questions.

I love the reveal that those who were resurrected will only stay alive if they complete a certain task/mission.

Agree with both you guys. It's on now!

Some stuff I thought was interesting:

- It seems Boston Brand is almost the embodiment of the white ring which is perfect for the former Deadman
- Maxwell Lord's mission - this has got me really intrigued in a big way!
- I liked that Thawne has already completed his mission
- What's that forest in Star City all about?

I'm kind of thinking a couple of the character storylines in this book may be a little forced and their connection to the overall storyline with these "missions" is pointless. I think the Hawks may be an example of this. I'm suspecting their involvement in Brightest Day is more just to re-energise the characters rather than a natural involvement in the story.

Anyone else think Dove may be a little bit keen on Boston Brand?

345Brightest Day - Page 14 Empty Re: Brightest Day Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:40 am

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:

For some dumb reason the teaser monster makes me think that the forest is somehow the anti-monitor trying to grow and form on earth. Weird, huh?

346Brightest Day - Page 14 Empty Re: Brightest Day Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:19 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Demonweasel wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:

For some dumb reason the teaser monster makes me think that the forest is somehow the anti-monitor trying to grow and form on earth. Weird, huh?

What if it's vegetation from Mars, which is why J'onn is the only one it reacts to? It would be ironic that he has to destroy his revived homeworld

347Brightest Day - Page 14 Empty Re: Brightest Day Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Anyone else think Dove may be a little bit keen on Boston Brand?

Yes, definitely.

348Brightest Day - Page 14 Empty Re: Brightest Day Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:56 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Demonweasel wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:

What if it's vegetation from Mars, which is why J'onn is the only one it reacts to? It would be ironic that he has to destroy his revived homeworld

Ooh that's an interesting one. I haven't been reading Green Arrow but are there any signs in the forest that it has any special qualities? Anything weird happening there?

349Brightest Day - Page 14 Empty Re: Brightest Day Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:31 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:
Demonweasel wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:

Ooh that's an interesting one. I haven't been reading Green Arrow but are there any signs in the forest that it has any special qualities? Anything weird happening there?

A lot of electronics don't work there, it changes directions on you like the hedge maze in the Shining, and Hal's ring won't work there.

350Brightest Day - Page 14 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:32 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Okay, everyone probably saw this, even though it was very small on a panel, but Jai West. Anybody see him runnning behind Zoom in #0 in the flashforward scene with Deadman screaming? I knew he'd go bad.

Oh, and I just started reading today. Very Happy It's going okay.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum