Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz?

+18
hrdwrkngXsoldier
kreepfan
Off_White_Lantern
jaydee74
TENIME_art
supervenom
Kupocat
BlueMaxx
Astro13Zombie
deadbolt85
Ska
Spider_Fan14
superdoug
shining knight
Silent K
Joshua
shark6495
Foreigner_Man
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Empty Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:07 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Wizard-of-oz

With the technology continuing to improve and people starting to realize being true to the source material can be a good thing (and the fact that everyone makes remakes), do you think it's time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Or how about a movie based on the books? I suppose they could do the same kind of stuff they're doing in Alice in Wonderland and make the characters look more like the book illustrations (or the Skottie Young illustrations in the comic).
Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? 1457840_100Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? TheWonderfulWizardOfOz_HC100x100
What do you guys think? Should they remake the Wizard of Oz? Or should they make a movie more true to the books? Or both or something else? Also, who would you cast as who?

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I think a remake would never fly (hehe).... with that being said I think if you redid it to be true more true to the books, I could see that happening. I personally think that Oz is one of those movies that is almost untouchable when it comes to remakes. It is a short but definite list that includes but not limited to
Citizen Kane
Godfather (all of em)
Wizard of Oz
Close Encounters
Its a Wonderful Life
North by Northwest
Singing in the Rain
Full Metal Jacket

Again though its just an opinion

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I would have no problem with a more accurate to the source material film adaptation, but I see no reason to remake the MGM musical version.

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

The Wizard of Oz story has been remade about a zillion times. I'd say a computer-animated Skottie-Young-style version would be the logical next step.

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

There is a new stage version coming

the search for a Dorothy starts next week

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

I found this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wonderful_Wizard_of_Oz_(2011_film)
Apparently a John Boorman is directing a CGI version of Oz based on the book. No cast has been revealed yet, but here's some concept art of Aintintcool.com
http://www.aintitcool.com/?q=node/39017
Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Boormanozdorothy1
Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Boormanoz1

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I would have no problem with a more accurate to the source material film adaptation, but I see no reason to remake the MGM musical version.

This. I'd love to see a live-action version that included the Kalidahs, the China Country, and the Hammer-Heads. With today's CGI and greenscreen technology, I could definitely see it being a lush, magical world. And the good part (or bad, if you consider that Dorothy and the other characters never age) is that sequels are built-in, should it take off. I'd love to see a film version of The Patchwork Girl of Oz (and not the silent film that Baum produced).

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

eh, I wouldn't mind it as long it's to the book with a non-its a dream-ending. I'll think of some casting choices later.

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd love a remake!!!

...leave Tim Burton and Johnny Depp out of this. Mad

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

10Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Empty Re: Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:49 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Actually, I think that the girl that plays the middle daughter on Modern Family, Ariel Winter, would be a good choice for Dorothy, unless you went with the blonde version in the O'Neill illustrations in the later books.

11Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Empty Re: Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:27 pm

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

Growing up in Kansas, I've had Wizard of Oz shoved down my throat for most of my life. No mas.

12Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Empty Re: Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:09 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ska wrote:I'd love a remake!!!

Laughing

13Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Empty Re: Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:52 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wonder what Tim Burton's movie pitches have been like these past few years. He hasn't had an original idea in ages.

Tim Burton: "Okay, so we're going to re-hash Alice In Wonderland. But this time, we're going to make it spooky. And I want Johnny Depp in it because he does well playing out-cast roles, and that's what Mad Hatter is. Then I'm going to put my crazy ass wife in it so she can put some of her psychosis to good use."

Johnny Depp isn't a good actor, he's just good at playing a weirdo.

Disney shouldn't have had second thoughts about keeping him on board.

14Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Empty Re: Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:03 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Wow, you really didn't like that movie. tongue Johnny Depp is a good actor, he just has sucked at weird parts since Willy Wonka.

I honestly don't care if they make a Wizard of Oz flick, but, if they do, I'd want something like books, like Josh and Doug said. Source material should always be respected.

15Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Empty Re: Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:04 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

you know I would say Johnny Depp is a good actor. His character's are usually way out there but he does well with those roles. Not everyone can be a great "natural" actor but for the roles Johnny has been in, I am not sure who else could have played the role up to its same out-there level. Finding Neverland was a good film and he was also good in that. But Ska, in short, I disagree with you I think Depp is a good actor for the roles.

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

16Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Empty Re: Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:03 pm

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

Ska wrote:I wonder what Tim Burton's movie pitches have been like these past few years. He hasn't had an original idea in ages.

Tim Burton: "Okay, so we're going to re-hash Alice In Wonderland. But this time, we're going to make it spooky. And I want Johnny Depp in it because he does well playing out-cast roles, and that's what Mad Hatter is. Then I'm going to put my crazy ass wife in it so she can put some of her psychosis to good use."

Watch Blow, and tell me Depp isn't a good actor.

17Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Empty Re: Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:18 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ska wrote:I wonder what Tim Burton's movie pitches have been like these past few years. He hasn't had an original idea in ages.

shark6495 wrote:you know I would say Johnny Depp is a good actor. His character's are usually way out there but he does well with those roles. Not everyone can be a great "natural" actor but for the roles Johnny has been in, I am not sure who else could have played the role up to its same out-there level. Finding Neverland was a good film and he was also good in that. But Ska, in short, I disagree with you I think Depp is a good actor for the roles.
I don't mind the Burton remakes but yeah maybe it'd be better if he didn't. Maybe he's better in his own playground then in everyone else kinda like the arguements of Grant Morrison writing his own stuff VS established characters. And with Depp I don't mind him either but the stuff I've seen him in is usually his oddball characters so I can't vouche on the quality of his normal guys.

18Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Empty Re: Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:30 pm

Kupocat

Kupocat
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Silent K wrote:computer-animated Skottie-Young-style version
Ooh, I'd LOVE that! Smile

Make it happen.

I'll be waiting. neutral

19Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Empty Re: Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:34 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Blow is the shit.

20Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Empty Re: Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:04 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

deadbolt85 wrote: Watch Blow, and tell me Depp isn't a good actor.
Silent K wrote:Blow is the shit.
Yes. That movie rocks. And Donnie Brasco, Ninth Gate, Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas (Although, that's a zany Depp as well) From Hell and The Astronaut's Wife was kind of neat.

Can't wait until he does The Rum Diary.

21Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Empty Re: Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:23 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought Ninth Gate sucked.

22Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Empty Re: Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:36 pm

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

So did a lot of people. But have you seen Blow? Watch it, and then go to georgejung.com and buy a shirt or two.

23Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Empty Re: Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:48 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

...i liked it. Crying or Very sad

24Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Empty Re: Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:51 pm

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

Diff'rent strokes and all that.

25Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Empty Re: Is it time to remake the Wizard of Oz? Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:22 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ska wrote:I'd love a remake!!!

what the fucking hell is with all the Tim Burton hate? has the world gone Emo???? Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum