Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Batman: Under The Red Hood

+24
rwe1138
Rath99
Combo Mo
Foreigner_Man
BigSoupCan
Sandman
supervenom
Airwolf
alucardbarnivous
Administrator
G_Zatara
BlueMaxx
Spazzy
FroZen
Mnemosis
elijahdprophet
Chi-Town Spidey
Batman25JM
DickGrayson007
potatojoe
MillionDollarGeek
Astro13Zombie
jaydee74
prescribeddrone
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:47 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

27Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:42 am

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

niiice deadpool vs batman!

i never thought it would ever happen!

28Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:55 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

wow John Dimaggio is excellant at sounding like Mark Hamill. Was skeptical when he was first announced as the voice of the Joker, but man he is good. can't wait for this.

29Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:58 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:

Wow, that looks great. I just love the animation style of the movie.

supervenom wrote:wow John Dimaggio is excellant at sounding like Mark Hamill. Was skeptical when he was first announced as the voice of the Joker, but man he is good. can't wait for this.

Same here. I was very skeptical, but he sounds great.

30Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:17 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

supervenom wrote:wow John Dimaggio is excellant at sounding like Mark Hamill. Was skeptical when he was first announced as the voice of the Joker, but man he is good. can't wait for this.
I was actually creeped out by his voice....I like it!!

31Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:30 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

32Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:19 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Man, the more I see of it, the more I'm looking forward to this movie.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:11 am; edited 2 times in total

33Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:04 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Man, the more I see of the more I'm looking forward to this movie.

Ditto.

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

34Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:50 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I loved this- probably my favorite of the post DCAU DTV's. Can't wait to buy it.

35Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:07 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It looks fantastic.

36Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:06 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You guys are going to LOVE IT. This Joker is as dark as Heath was. He is the animated counterpart to TDK Joker.

Wait till you see what he does in the movie, so awesome. And the animation is beautiful.

I would do questionable things for a PG-13 Batman TV show on HBO like Spawn or something.

37Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:23 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:You guys are going to LOVE IT. This Joker is as dark as Heath was. He is the animated counterpart to TDK Joker.

Wait till you see what he does in the movie, so awesome. And the animation is beautiful.

I would do questionable things for a PG-13 Batman TV show on HBO like Spawn or something.

Wait. You saw it already? Awesome. thumbs up

38Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:41 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
prescribeddrone wrote:You guys are going to LOVE IT. This Joker is as dark as Heath was. He is the animated counterpart to TDK Joker.

Wait. You saw it already? Awesome. thumbs up

Yup. These things always go out 2 weeks early. Some stores sell these early- I bought all of the recent DC DVD's a few weeks early- I downloaded this because they only had the single edition and I want the double DVD so I'll buy it from Best Buy in 2 weeks, but yeah it's fantastic.

39Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:07 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

This is bad ass! I can't imagine anyone not liking it.

40Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:00 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This wasn't good. This wasn't great. This was goddamn AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

I could not have loved it more. It is by far my favorite of the DC Universe DTV movies.

I... I.. I am still shaking from it's sheer awesomeness.

There were countless times during the movie where I thought I was going to have a stroke because of how much I was enjoying it. This was especially true during the part with the helicopter falling and then when Batman and Nightwing were chasing Red Hood.

I'm a HUGE Judd Winick fan, and I think he did a fantastic job of adapting his comic story (which happens to be one of my favorite Batman/comic stories). I loved that certain lines were kept from the comic (like most if not all of Jason's lines when talking about how Bruce should have killed the Joker for him, and Bruce's stuff about not taking the Robin costume down because nothing had changed). What appears to be Winick's favorite saying, "brain donors" also made it into the movie. That saying seems to make it into a lot of his stories.

The cast was phenomenal. While I, like I'm sure most fans, would prefer it if Kevin Conroy voiced Batman and Mark Hamill voiced Joker in everything, I thought that Bruce Greenwood did a great job as Batman, and John DiMaggio did a FANTASTIC job as the Joker. Oh my god, he was so good. There were parts where if I didn't know better I would have sworn it was Mark Hamill. John DiMaggio now officially goes up there with Heath Ledger and Mark Hamill in the group of fantastic Jokers.

Jensen Ackles was amazing as Red Hood. I loved his speech to Bruce about killing the Joker.

Neil Patrick Harris was awesome as Nightwing. He's really making his way through voicing superheroes. He's voiced Spider-Man, The Flash, and now Nightwing. He did great with them all. And I have to say, I want a solo Nightwing movie staring Neil Patrick Harris RIGHT NOW!!!

Jason Isaacs was great as Ra's al Ghul. I still associate David Warner with the role so much that it was a little weird hearing someone else do him. It's different than with Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill. Sure, I MAJORLY associate them with the roles of Batman and Joker, but there have been quite a few other people to voice Batman and Joker in recent years, and so I'm more used to hearing different voices for them. I may not always like it, but I am used to it. With Ra's, he hasn't been in animation much after Batman: TAS, only Batman: The Brave in the Bold.

The animation was wonderful. I couldn't have loved it more. Everyone looked great. I especially loved the designs of Joker, Red Hood, and Nightwing. Batman was great though too.

I am just so pleased with this movie. It's now up there with The Dark Knight, Batman Begins, and Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker for my favorite Batman movie.

I had huge expectations for this movie and I was still blown away. It exceeded my expectations in every way. Bravo to everyone involved with this movie, bravo.

------------------------------

I skipped the Jonah Hex short for now. I just don't care about the character. I may watch it one day, I may not. I don't know. I still haven't watched the Spectre short from Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths.

41Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:25 am

BigSoupCan

BigSoupCan
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

It was good, not great. Wasn't disapointed cause it was exactly what I expected. Special features were nice. But seriously they need to start doing audio commentaries again.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/?sk=nf

42Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:55 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh, I need this. Now.

43Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:20 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Quick version: I haven't read the comic and haven't read much of Winick's stuff, so I'm neutral on his work. However, I really enjoyed this. There were problems I had with it are pretty small. This could be the best DC animated film. This was great, all the actors were great (tho there wasn't enough Ra's/Jason Isaacs for me). DiMaggio and the guy who played Black Mask were scenery chewing and great villains, the guy who voiced Batman was great, NPH awesome as always, etc. I really can't say too much bad 'bout this. I really enjoyed it. I hope WB gets more comic book writers to adapt their stories..this is what these movies should be doing. Now I wanna see a Geoff Johns JSA/Flash, a Grant Morrison anything, a Jeph Loeb Hush/Long Halloween, Gail Simone BoP/Wonder Woman, Joe Kelly JLA etc. Or they could have more Judd Winick penned stuff. This was fantastic and set the bar for whatever follows it.

Batman25JM wrote: This was goddamn AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!
Laughing Knew you'd love it. Wink

44Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:07 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I loved it. This was fantastic and my new favorite DC animated movie. Even better than the Green Lantern movie and that is saying something. It was great voice acting, great art and the flashbacks broke my heart. Those were my favorite scenes. I cannot wait to watch this again.

45Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:15 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Animation, story and comic to film adaption were top notch.

The voice casting was excellent as usual: Neil Patrick Harris as Nightwing, Jensen Ackles as The Red Hood...outstanding. John DiMaggio blew me away as The Joker...WOW!

It's darker than some of the other DC animated films...I wouldn't recommend it for anyone under 14.

In my opinion, this one's also geared more towards the fans than the casual viewers. If you're not familiar with the characters/story, you might be a little lost.

4.5 out of 5.

46Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:05 am

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

I totally forgot to get this since I've had such a busy week, I'll be getting it today.

47Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:43 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It was really very emotional. It was awesome. I need to read the source material again. I also want to re-get the "Death in the Family" trade. This was just awesome. I loved it.

48Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:47 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought it was pretty cool. John Dimaggio was excellant as the Joker. Wade Williams was also good as the Black Mask.

49Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:27 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Even though I saw this two weeks ago, I went to buy this the other day and can you believe that 2 Best Buys were sold out of the two-disc version? So I came home and ordered it from amazon.com.

50Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:32 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought all the voice acting was pretty good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum