Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Batman: Under The Red Hood

+24
rwe1138
Rath99
Combo Mo
Foreigner_Man
BigSoupCan
Sandman
supervenom
Airwolf
alucardbarnivous
Administrator
G_Zatara
BlueMaxx
Spazzy
FroZen
Mnemosis
elijahdprophet
Chi-Town Spidey
Batman25JM
DickGrayson007
potatojoe
MillionDollarGeek
Astro13Zombie
jaydee74
prescribeddrone
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:05 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought this movie was exceptional. I can't wait to watch it again.

I wonder if they are going to make this movie be in the same continuity as the new animated series Young Justice. I mean, Bruce Greenwood is going to reprise his role as Batman for that series, and Brandon Vietti who directed the movie is going to be a producer on the show. They wouldn't have to make the connection overt, but it could be the same continuity. Just like Hulk Vs. Wolverine was loosely tied to Wolverine and the X-Men.

52Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:33 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I honestly don't think it matters if it's in the same universe to be honest. It just doesn't matter to me.

Going on a few gripes about the movie. Not enough Nightwing. I understand why he was in for the amount of time he was in but I really would have loved to seen a scene with Nightwing dealing with who the Red Hood was because I think it could have been a great scene. Having watched it again, I did notice the CG chase scene between the Bat Plane and the car the Red Hood was in and didn't find it as impressive. As much as I don't mind other people doing the voices of Batman and the Joker, the second time around I was really wondering what Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill would have done with the roles. It could have been gold with them.

I am getting very disappointed with the special content. First off, what the hell is up with not having a digital copy? I liked that feature and I wish it would come back for both the PC and the Mac. The special features themselves were ok. The Robin feature was ok at best. If they were going to do a feature on Dick Grayson, I would have loved to see more on the character. Why not go into his time as Nightwing and his time on the Teen Titans. They could have gone further with that feature and it was just fair. How about a feature on the history of Robin as a character. Do a brief rundown on everyone who has been Robin? That would have been cool. I had heard there was supposed to be a feature on Jason Todd and that would have been very appropriate and they messed up on that one big time. I also think a feature on the relationship between Batman and Robin would have been nice but nobody asks me and they should.

I liked the Jonah Hex short and it was a thousand times better than the live action movie. Great cast. Great story. It was great. I also like the two part "Robin's Reckoning" included. Not my most favorite Batman" The Animated Series" stories with Robin involved but it seemed appropriate to include.

53Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:12 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^ agree with you on the special content. What's with the lack of commentaries? shake my head

54Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:48 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I honestly don't think it matters if it's in the same universe to be honest. It just doesn't matter to me.

I don't think it matters, but I think it'd be cool.

jaydee74 wrote:
Going on a few gripes about the movie. Not enough Nightwing. I understand why he was in for the amount of time he was in but I really would have loved to seen a scene with Nightwing dealing with who the Red Hood was because I think it could have been a great scene.

I too wanted more Nightwing. I can't even properly describe how much I wanted more Nightwing. However, like you said, I understand why there wasn't more of him. It wasn't about him. Also, he wasn't in the whole story in the comic.

jaydee74 wrote:
Having watched it again, I did notice the CG chase scene between the Bat Plane and the car the Red Hood was in and didn't find it as impressive.

The CG stuff was the worst part of the movie for me. I'm not big fan of CG to begin with. I prefer traditional animation. Other than Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Spider-Man: The New Animated Series, Kung Fu Panda, and the Toy Story movies there isn't really anything CG I LOVE. Also, when doing something in traditional animation I hate the inclusion of CG elements. I always hated it in JLU, and I hated it here. However, it didn't take away from the movie as a whole. I do think the car looked worse than the Batwing.

jaydee74 wrote:
As much as I don't mind other people doing the voices of Batman and the Joker, the second time around I was really wondering what Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill would have done with the roles. It could have been gold with them.

Yeah, I wonder what it would have been like with them. However, I'm perfectly happy with Bruce Greenwood and John DiMaggio's performances.

jaydee74 wrote:
I am getting very disappointed with the special content. First off, what the hell is up with not having a digital copy? I liked that feature and I wish it would come back for both the PC and the Mac. The special features themselves were ok. The Robin feature was ok at best. If they were going to do a feature on Dick Grayson, I would have loved to see more on the character. Why not go into his time as Nightwing and his time on the Teen Titans. They could have gone further with that feature and it was just fair. How about a feature on the history of Robin as a character. Do a brief rundown on everyone who has been Robin? That would have been cool. I had heard there was supposed to be a feature on Jason Todd and that would have been very appropriate and they messed up on that one big time. I also think a feature on the relationship between Batman and Robin would have been nice but nobody asks me and they should.

I'm both fine and disappointed with the content of not just this movie but all DC Universe movies. I always love the documentaries/features included with the films, and the first looks at the upcoming movie, however I want more. I want 2 or 3 features and a commentary.

I liked the feature on Dick Grayson, but I agree they should have talked more about his time as Nightwing and the Teen Titans. Also, it bugged the hell out of me that when talking about Dick there were numerous times where they showed a picture of Tim Drake.

I would have much preferred a feature on Robin as a whole or a second feature about Jason Todd.

The lack of a digital copy didn't bother me at all since I never use it.

The inclusion of episodes from the DCAU is nice, but I have all the Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Justice League, and JLU DVD sets. So, while nice that they include the episodes since I already have them it's not a big deal.

supervenom wrote:^^ agree with you on the special content. What's with the lack of commentaries? shake my head

Yeah, they NEED to start doing commentaries again. I LOVE commentaries, and I especially love the ones that Bruce Timm and co. did for the DCAU. It'd have been awesome to have one for this movie.

55Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:03 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This was a good movie. I have to disagree with a few of you on here on the voice of Joker. I didn't like it. Following Hamill has to be tough. I guess over time I'll get over it but while watching it I was bothered by it. The voice of Batman was ok and didn't bother me as much.

I still haven't viewed any of the extras yet.

56Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:11 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The more I think about it the more I do wish that Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill had been in the movie. I've been fine with the other voices in the DC Universe movies (some more than others), but this movie is one where Conroy and Hamill should have been cast.

That said, I still get why they don't always go with them, and I still thought Greenwood and DiMaggio did great jobs.

57Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:18 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:The more I think about it the more I do wish that Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill had been in the movie. I've been fine with the other voices in the DC Universe movies (some more than others), but this movie is one where Conroy and Hamill should have been cast.

That said, I still get why they don't always go with them, and I still thought Greenwood and DiMaggio did great jobs.
I thought they were both very commendable in the roles. I also gotta wonder if maybe when it comes to Kevin and Mark that they don't want to be seen as just those characters. They want other opportunities I would imagine and not just do the same role over and over again. I would think as a voice talent, there isn't much challenge in that.

58Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:21 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:The more I think about it the more I do wish that Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill had been in the movie. I've been fine with the other voices in the DC Universe movies (some more than others), but this movie is one where Conroy and Hamill should have been cast.

I thought they were both very commendable in the roles. I also gotta wonder if maybe when it comes to Kevin and Mark that they don't want to be seen as just those characters. They want other opportunities I would imagine and not just do the same role over and over again. I would think as a voice talent, there isn't much challenge in that.

Yeah, could be. Though if I were ever cast as the voice of Batman I'd be fine with doing nothing but that until the day I died. Smile

59Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:22 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Glad that Conroy will be back as Batman in Superman/Batman Apocalypse

60Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:33 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:Glad that Conroy will be back as Batman in Superman/Batman Apocalypse

Yeah, me too.

61Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:06 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

I dug this, I remembered why I like this story so much and how cool Jason Todd is as a character.

62Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:53 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://jaydee74.wordpress.com/2010/07/31/batman-under-the-red-hood/

63Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:14 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Good flick.

I do wish it had done things that they're more hesitant to do in the books, though. It's it's own thing and whatever happens doesn't affect other things like it would in the DCU. For example, I would've liked to see Joker actually kill Black Mask.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

64Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:03 am

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

good pacing of story with the past/present stuff

reminds me a lot of - mask of the phantasm

overall - great flick Smile (lol not deadpooly at all)

65Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:17 am

Jamesabels

Jamesabels
Cadet
Cadet

I dug this as well, good action good story and a good throw back to the Joker in under the hood! wub

66Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:03 am

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

I liked it but my only beef was the absence of Tim.

67Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:31 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Janson wrote:I liked it but my only beef was the absence of Tim.

Yeah, I want to see Tim SOOOOOOOOOOOO badly. He's tied with Bruce for my favorite comic character. I want to see an accurate Tim Drake in animation. I loved him in The New Batman Adventures, but then I got into comics and found out how different his comic counterpart was. Then he became tied with Bruce. I was so hoping that he'd be the Robin in Young Justice, but alas he isn't.

With all that said, since Tim wasn't in the comic Under the Hood, I get why they didn't have him in the movie. Wish they would've but oh well.

68Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:33 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Janson wrote:I liked it but my only beef was the absence of Tim.

I didn't miss him at all. There was just no reason for him to be in it.

69Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:41 pm

Parallax_48

Parallax_48
Cadet
Cadet

It would have gotten crowded with Tim in the movie, but I suppose that Bruce could have called him in when Dick when on the DL.

70Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:09 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Having Tim in the movie would have done nothing plot-wise. I'm sure if there was a reason for him to be in it, Judd would have written him in. The simple fact of the matter is that the movie didn't need Tim. It would have served the movie no purpose.

71Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:04 am

Scarie187

Scarie187
Cadet
Cadet

I liked the movie and sometimes it seemed like they were pulling punches, watering down a few things, but I'm cool with that it is a lot to try to fit into a movie. However is it just me or was the guy doing the Joker's voice kinda crappy at times... I dont know maybe I'll never think of anyone but Mark Hamill as his voice..

72Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:52 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

eh with Tim in the movie they could have had more drama about Jason being "replaced" and batman bein g"over" his death along with not killing Joker. Though it would have screwed up my mom. I watched it with her and she was confused with there being more than 1 Robin. I almost blew her mind when I said there have been 5 of them to date!

73Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:32 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It would have been pointless to have him in it and it would have taken away from the emotional content of Jason's returning.

74Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:40 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wouldn't say it would have been pointless to have Tim in the movie. Sure, as the movie is now it's hard to see how he'd fit in, but if they wanted too they could have written it to include Tim.

Also, I think Sandman's reasoning to include Tim would have worked swimmingly.

75Batman: Under The Red Hood - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:32 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, but these movies can only be "X" minutes long and in order to have Tim involved would have taken away from something else in the film. I think it was fine without him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum