Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seen any movies lately?

+53
Ska
Ash Williams
Matt
O_o
Sandman
LordD3r3k
GigaToast
kidspider2099
Goof
JonSpangler
Little_Goblyn
hrdwrkngXsoldier
Batman25JM
prescribeddrone
FroZen
ravezombie
krpykrwly
potatojoe
SexyToaster
Bigtymin504
Joshua
superdoug
Grimmalicious
boberthavok
Rath99
jaydee74
Spazzy
Heytherejeffro
Airwolf
AlienIncognito
Denim
Dr Awkward
DickGrayson007
comicgeekelly
(._Y_.)
Astro13Zombie
rwe1138
pumkinheadfan
Spaced4SimonPegg
Gojiratoho
jestghost
Hannibal king
G_Zatara
MikeSabian
Spider_Fan14
Aussiemandias
Debaser77
supervenom
Demonweasel
melvinlikechris
BlueMaxx
dmahoney
Combo Mo
57 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 36  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 36]

226Seen any movies lately? - Page 10 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:17 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

pumkinheadfan wrote:
Spazzy wrote:Watched the BSG movie The Plan..

I did not like.
Been meaning to watch that before I watch Season 4.5, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I would suggest watching it after finishing season 4.

227Seen any movies lately? - Page 10 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:28 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yeah you need to wait after season 4

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

228Seen any movies lately? - Page 10 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:48 pm

SexyToaster

SexyToaster
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Watched Superman/Batman: Apocalypse. It was brilliant!!! I loved how close to the comic is actually was.

229Seen any movies lately? - Page 10 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:50 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

THANK YOU

Me too, though some of the voices didnt match the character

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

230Seen any movies lately? - Page 10 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:18 am

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:I would suggest watching it after finishing season 4.
Spazzy wrote:yeah you need to wait after season 4
Thanks for the heads up! Very Happy
---------------

Watched Inside and Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon tonight.

231Seen any movies lately? - Page 10 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:57 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Last night I watched The Lost Boys. I enjoyed it.

232Seen any movies lately? - Page 10 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:50 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ The last time I watched that, I thought to myself 'If I had been around in 1994, I would have been pretty excited to hear that Joel Schumacher is directing the new Batman film'

233Seen any movies lately? - Page 10 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:42 am

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Kinda having a mini Fulci marathon tonight:

City of the Living Dead
The New York Ripper

Maybe Cat in the Brain as well depending on how late it gets!

234Seen any movies lately? - Page 10 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:50 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I finally watched Blow all the way through for the first time last night, and it was just okay. It was well made, and Depp was great as always, but there was something missing. It seemed that the late Ted Demme was trying to emulate Goodfellas and got nowhere near reaching the same level of quality. The movie itself was decent, but I doubt I'll ever see it again.

235Seen any movies lately? - Page 10 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:44 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I watched Dead Snow last night. It was my first German movie and it was uber good. How can you not love Nazi zombies. Laughing

236Seen any movies lately? - Page 10 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:42 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

pumkinheadfan wrote:Kinda having a mini Fulci marathon tonight:

City of the Living Dead
The New York Ripper

Maybe Cat in the Brain as well depending on how late it gets!

Haven't seen New York Ripper but its on my list. What did you think of CoTLD?

237Seen any movies lately? - Page 10 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:22 pm

boberthavok

boberthavok
Pirate
Pirate

I watched Transformers again for the first time in like a year. After rewatching it is more enjoyable then the second one I think.

238Seen any movies lately? - Page 10 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:30 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Amanda and I saw Hatchet 2. Fucking awesome!!!!

239Seen any movies lately? - Page 10 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:11 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I watched Return to Oz and I really liked it. I remember when I was little, the Family Channel here in Canada played this along with some other cool movies back in the day before they became more disney channel. For an 80's movie, the effects were pretty good if only two or three outdated SFX scenes. I really liked Tik-Tok, Pumpkinhead Jack and Nome King, they were the coolest characters in the film to me, also the Wheelers were cool too. It made think of the Burton Alice in Wonderland with the aspect of returning to find a whimsical fantasy world turned dark (Also PHJ makes me think of Shinji Ikari). I wish the Tinman, Cowardly Lion and Scarecrow had more screen time though, the movie could've been a bit longer too. 4/5 Chicken Eggs

240Seen any movies lately? - Page 10 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:00 am

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

melvinlikechris wrote:Haven't seen New York Ripper but its on my list. What did you think of CoTLD?
City of the Living Dead is kinda hard to review. It has great visual style that is unique to Fulci, My advice is if you like Italian horror and have seen some of Fulci's other horror films then you will enjoy it.
----------------

I watched these tonight:

I Bury the Living
The Fearless Vampire Killers

241Seen any movies lately? - Page 10 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:12 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:Amanda and I saw Hatchet 2. Fucking awesome!!!!

I hate you Mad .... Wink

I want to see that soooooooooooooo bad.

242Seen any movies lately? - Page 10 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:24 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

pumkinheadfan wrote:
melvinlikechris wrote:Haven't seen New York Ripper but its on my list. What did you think of CoTLD?
City of the Living Dead is kinda hard to review. It has great visual style that is unique to Fulci, My advice is if you like Italian horror and have seen some of Fulci's other horror films then you will enjoy it.

Interesting, I watched CoTLD recently with the other Gates of Hell films The Beyond and House by the Cemetery, and where I actually enjoyed those films, I hated City. I thought it was boring, repetitive, nonsensical crap. The gore effects were good and so was some of the cinematography, but apart from that it sucks.

Also what the fuck was up with the ending?!

243Seen any movies lately? - Page 10 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:14 am

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

melvinlikechris wrote:Interesting, I watched CoTLD recently with the other Gates of Hell films The Beyond and House by the Cemetery, and where I actually enjoyed those films, I hated City. I thought it was boring, repetitive, nonsensical crap. The gore effects were good and so was some of the cinematography, but apart from that it sucks.
Yeah The story was the weakest part of the movie IMO.
melvinlikechris wrote:Also what the fuck was up with the ending?!
Yes, I have a weird love/hate relationship with the ending. I love how cheesy it was, but at the same time I was like WTF all this was resolved by stabbing a undead priest in the stomach with a chuck of wood! Laughing I have also noticed with a few of Fulci's movies that they tend to have abrupt and simple endings. I'd almost consider it part of Fulci's style IMO.
---------

Watched Waxwork and Waxwork II: Lost in Time tonight.

244Seen any movies lately? - Page 10 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:36 am

MikeSabian

MikeSabian
Ninja
Ninja

The Social Network was very, very good.

245Seen any movies lately? - Page 10 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:15 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Splice
Seen any movies lately? - Page 10 Splice-movie-2-650x366
First horror flick for this month. I know, slow start.

Kind of playing off the scare tactics of religious & conservative alarmists when it comes to human cloning or genetic experimenting with human DNA, it was still fun. Some silly moments, sure, but it's way better than Species, which it really didn't come off like those films like I thought it would. Pet-peeve but not a problem: I know scientists wear street clothes under their lab coats, but these guys were in casual a bit too much at times. Though I guess you could take it as it was playing more into the commentary of previously mentioned alarmists, that these "minds of our generation" came off as these liberal, atheist scientist bent more on the discovery than the ethics and morals. Still figuratively made me roll my eyes at the casual, cool lifestyle of genetic engineers who crack genetic codes and connections seemingly in a day. tongue I'm sure it was as much a comedy to real life geneticists as Jurassic Park was.

This film had some nice freaky-deaky moments (take that as you will) and is almost made entirely of foreshadowing. I'd say give it a chance if it looks cool to you. Little better than the previews let on.

246Seen any movies lately? - Page 10 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:41 pm

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Watched these last night:

Torso
Do You Like Hitchcock?

247Seen any movies lately? - Page 10 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:38 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Little Monsters
Seen any movies lately? - Page 10 Littlemonsters
Such good memories. I'd forgotten that Howie Mandel was Maurice, and that he was so damned hyper. Almost annoying. Heh. Fun as a kid, though. Also don't remember how much cursing is in this movie. It's like a kid movie that's rated TV-MA (L). Weird. The character Snik kept blowing smoke into kids faces and...the sexual references. Wasn't too heavy, but still. Laughing Fun nostalgia. I do remember how I loved the idea of an underworld monster-verse that had nexuses under beds. Sigh...so cool.

Is it just me or did no one consider the ramifications of the movies' end? I mean, I'm sure it brought their parents back together, but what about them telling the truth? Looney bin for them or did they lie and now a big nationwide manhunt is looking for some dude that looks like Rick Ducommun & Frank Whaley? scratch (Everytime I see Ducommun, I wanna see The 'Burbs.)

Spoiler:

248Seen any movies lately? - Page 10 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:51 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I watched The Omen (original). Still holds up. Very Happy

249Seen any movies lately? - Page 10 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:05 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:I watched The Omen (original). Still holds up. Very Happy

I LOL like a em-effer when that guy gets decapitated by the sheet of glass. Good times.

http://www.demonweasel.com

250Seen any movies lately? - Page 10 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:08 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Demonweasel wrote:
Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:I watched The Omen (original). Still holds up. Very Happy

I LOL like a em-effer when that guy gets decapitated by the sheet of glass. Good times.

I freakin love that part!!! Laughing I also like the Preacher getting the iron rod to the chest....awesome.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 36]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum