Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seen any movies lately?

+53
Ska
Ash Williams
Matt
O_o
Sandman
LordD3r3k
GigaToast
kidspider2099
Goof
JonSpangler
Little_Goblyn
hrdwrkngXsoldier
Batman25JM
prescribeddrone
FroZen
ravezombie
krpykrwly
potatojoe
SexyToaster
Bigtymin504
Joshua
superdoug
Grimmalicious
boberthavok
Rath99
jaydee74
Spazzy
Heytherejeffro
Airwolf
AlienIncognito
Denim
Dr Awkward
DickGrayson007
comicgeekelly
(._Y_.)
Astro13Zombie
rwe1138
pumkinheadfan
Spaced4SimonPegg
Gojiratoho
jestghost
Hannibal king
G_Zatara
MikeSabian
Spider_Fan14
Aussiemandias
Debaser77
supervenom
Demonweasel
melvinlikechris
BlueMaxx
dmahoney
Combo Mo
57 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 36  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 36]

251Seen any movies lately? - Page 11 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:34 am

boberthavok

boberthavok
Pirate
Pirate

Just finished Cloverfield and I still enjoy it. I do not see how people didn't. I mean I can understand the whole not liking first person veiw for the movie. But filming that way leaves so many openings for sequals if they wanted to film it that way again. I mean I would think there where probably hundreds who filmed it.

It also made me think why they have not released the manga spin off in America yet.

252Seen any movies lately? - Page 11 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:46 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just watched The Hurt Locker this afternoon. While I certainly enjoyed it, I thought there were quite a few cliched moments and not all that special a story to it so I didn't quite see it as the Academy Award winner it is (not saying it's bad or anything). One thing it definitely was, was intense. Some of those scenes were edge of the seat stuff. Also interesting to see some well known actors in small roles in the film. I'll give it a 3.5 out of 5.

253Seen any movies lately? - Page 11 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:07 am

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Watched Don't Answer the Phone! tonight.

254Seen any movies lately? - Page 11 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:34 am

SexyToaster

SexyToaster
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I saw "Social Network" it was pretty entertaining, there were some good laughs in it.

255Seen any movies lately? - Page 11 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:28 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can't explain this film. It's POV and then entirely an out-of-body experience through the main character. When the critics quoted tags tell you you haven't seen this movie, you haven't seen this frickin' movie. No pretentious air about those quoted reviews. Viewing it does take focus & patience. The time flies by so fast after the 20 minute mark, though. It's upsetting and uncomfortable on so many levels, but is a must-see for the sheer audacity to create something so visceral for an audience to view. Don't want to take away anything from the story...the very surreal story. So I will say that it creates many thought-provoking scenarios about the characters and their flaws, the afterlife, consequences of choices, and all our lives lived in general. Quite the experience. You have not seen this type of film before.

Would love to chat about it with people.

256Seen any movies lately? - Page 11 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:36 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:

I recently had a chat with a professional film critic about 'Antichrist' and 'Enter The Void' came up as a recommendation, so i'll definatly give it a watch as soon as possible.

Last night I watched Jungle Fever, which was a lot better than I expected. It was both thoughtful and entertaining, truth be told I've never really thought of interracial relationships as ever being a big deal really.

257Seen any movies lately? - Page 11 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:51 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:

How's the acting? I've got no problem with a concept film like this and am definitely interested but the acting looks pretty weak to me from the trailer (which of course isn't all that good an indicator).

258Seen any movies lately? - Page 11 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:15 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I enjoyed the acting. The main character, Oscar, sounds drull, but he's not supposed to be liked. He's supposed to come off as this unempathic person with a blase attitude towards life, amongst fucking up others'. I don't think I liked him throughout the film, no real relatability (especially with the director/writer's Oedipal leanings for him), but trying to understand him and the others in his life that he's effected/affected was a really immersive experience.

259Seen any movies lately? - Page 11 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:32 am

AlienIncognito

AlienIncognito
Pirate
Pirate

Over the last couple of weeks I've seen Easy A, The Town, Let Me In, and The Social Network. All of them were excellent and definitely worth checking out.

260Seen any movies lately? - Page 11 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:38 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Those are all on my "want to see but will wait for rental" list. The trailer for The Town looked really good, Affleck aside.

261Seen any movies lately? - Page 11 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:40 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I finally saw Iron Man 2 over the weekend. It was just okay, IMO. I'm getting a little impatient for the Avengers to get together onscreen, so I found myself not caring much about the main storyline. The movie itself is good, though. I highly enjoyed Sam Rockwell as Justin Hammer, and the Stan Lee cameo had me laughing out loud. It was an entertaining movie, but probably not something I will watch again. Bring on Thor and Cap!

262Seen any movies lately? - Page 11 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:41 am

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I watched 28 Days Later...I am now convinced it is not a zombie movie.

263Seen any movies lately? - Page 11 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:46 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Splice
Seen any movies lately? - Page 11 Splice-movie-2-650x366
First horror flick for this month. I know, slow start.

We watched this last night. Aside from spawning some seriously strange dreams (which may have been the late-night nacho snack), I wasn't really sure what to make of it. It seemed to lose its way about halfway through, and became momentarily about child abuse, which was...not particularly germane to the story.

And, yes. SERIOUSLY freaky moments, and not in the 'scare your pants wet' sort of way. I mean in the 'Rule 34 for movies' way.

264Seen any movies lately? - Page 11 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:55 pm

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Watched Creepshow 2 last night.
---------------------

Watched Creepshow 3 today. Well it certainly isn't on par with the first 2, but if looked at as a stand alone film it actually wasn't that bad. The effects could have been better as well as the animation, but the stories were fun. I'd say as long as you go into this knowing it's not apart of the series and you have a few drinks in you this should be a OK watch some night.

265Seen any movies lately? - Page 11 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:12 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I watched Killer Klowns From Outer Space earlier with some friends. Good times.

266Seen any movies lately? - Page 11 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:50 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:Splice

And, yes. SERIOUSLY freaky moments, and not in the 'scare your pants wet' sort of way. I mean in the 'Rule 34 for movies' way.
Laughing I was going for double-entendre with "freaky-deeky," but yes, great way to put it.
Spoiler:

267Seen any movies lately? - Page 11 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:07 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just watched Revolutionary Road. Wow. That was a fantastic movie. Well acted, directed, and written. This is a four star movie for sure and I highly recommend it.

268Seen any movies lately? - Page 11 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:01 pm

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

melvinlikechris wrote:I watched Killer Klowns From Outer Space earlier with some friends. Good times.
Yeah the Chiodo brothers are still planning a sequel for that, but I have no clue as to when it will actually get made tho.
---------------------

Watched these last night:

Lucio Fulci's Zombie (Anchor Bay DVD version)
I Sell the Dead

and watched Elvira: Mistress of the Dark today so far. Such a entertaining flick!

269Seen any movies lately? - Page 11 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:24 pm

MikeSabian

MikeSabian
Ninja
Ninja

Watched Despicable Me tonight - I really enjoyed it.

270Seen any movies lately? - Page 11 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:37 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hachi: A Dog's Tale. I knew the story going in, and it still made me weep like a widow woman. (I wish I was kidding -- I made a Bounty paper towel soggy.) More than Marley & Me did. DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE WITHOUT TISSUE.

271Seen any movies lately? - Page 11 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:03 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've had a Coen bros. double bill with A Serious Man yesterday and Barton Fink today. Two very good films.

272Seen any movies lately? - Page 11 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:23 am

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Watched these tonight:

Fright Night
The Monster Squad

273Seen any movies lately? - Page 11 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:58 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Seen any movies lately? - Page 11 Centurion12jpg
Centurion

Lots of well filmed action sequences and beautiful scenery...but weak on character development. Very bloody and violent.

3.5 out of 5.

superdoug wrote:Hachi: A Dog's Tale. I knew the story going in, and it still made me weep like a widow woman. (I wish I was kidding -- I made a Bounty paper towel soggy.) More than Marley & Me did. DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE WITHOUT TISSUE.

QFT.

I thought Marley & Me had prepared me for films like this...I was wrong.

274Seen any movies lately? - Page 11 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:00 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Watched Frankenstein (1933), almost 80 years old but still a lot of fun.

275Seen any movies lately? - Page 11 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:11 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm way behind on my horror movie viewing for the season but did watch The Midnight Hour (1985).
Really enjoyable Halloween flick for pretty much the whole family - pretty hokey and funny and even has a couple of decent jumps.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 36]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum