Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seen any movies lately?

+53
Ska
Ash Williams
Matt
O_o
Sandman
LordD3r3k
GigaToast
kidspider2099
Goof
JonSpangler
Little_Goblyn
hrdwrkngXsoldier
Batman25JM
prescribeddrone
FroZen
ravezombie
krpykrwly
potatojoe
SexyToaster
Bigtymin504
Joshua
superdoug
Grimmalicious
boberthavok
Rath99
jaydee74
Spazzy
Heytherejeffro
Airwolf
AlienIncognito
Denim
Dr Awkward
DickGrayson007
comicgeekelly
(._Y_.)
Astro13Zombie
rwe1138
pumkinheadfan
Spaced4SimonPegg
Gojiratoho
jestghost
Hannibal king
G_Zatara
MikeSabian
Spider_Fan14
Aussiemandias
Debaser77
supervenom
Demonweasel
melvinlikechris
BlueMaxx
dmahoney
Combo Mo
57 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 36  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 36]

626Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:56 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
melvinlikechris wrote:Splice
One of the may films I missed in the cinema last year, and a title which I am adding to my Top 10 of 2010 (when I've finally decided on one). The film doesn't quite go as deep as it could have, but its still a decent watch. One thing I am grateful of this film for doing is making a sci fi/horror film that my Dad could watch. The fact is most movies that come out these days really don't grab his interests (or the attention of many other people his age) and its great that some films these days at least try to be decent, as opposed to the usual mindless gorefests.

I dunno how old your dad is, but I'm amazed that he could get past the freaky sex shit, because I had a really hard time watching that.

He's 48. Funnily enough his biggest complaint about the film was the fact that the alien had wings. Apparently that is what pushed the realm of plausibility to far Very Happy.

627Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:35 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

melvinlikechris wrote:

He's 48.

Jebus. THAT was a kick in the teeth. Shocked

628Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:59 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Last night I watched Neil Marshall's Centurion and really enjoyed it. Recommended.

629Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:10 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Steamboy thumbs up

630Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:44 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Steamboy was fun. Recommend Memories also by Otomo.
Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Otomo_memories

[quote="(._Y_.)"
HAHA That doesn't even look like Kurt Russell.[/quote]
It does if Russell had down's syndrome. :/

superdoug wrote:
I dunno how old your dad is, but I'm amazed that he could get past the freaky sex shit, because I had a really hard time watching that.
That was odd. Not just Brody's character, but
Spoiler:

631Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:24 pm

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Joshua wrote:Last night I watched Neil Marshall's Centurion and really enjoyed it. Recommended.
It's on Netflix instant! Gonna watch it when I get a chance!

632Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:29 am

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

SexyToaster wrote:I saw Season of the Witch, it wasn't horrible but it could have been better
How was Nicolas Cage in it? From what I've seen he looks out of place.

Joshua wrote:Last night I watched Neil Marshall's Centurion and really enjoyed it. Recommended.
Good movie. Smile

I just finished The Last Sentinel. It seemed like it had a good basic plot and what could have been a great story if told a little differently. Plus it seemed like if it had a higher budget it might have been a bit better too. I didn't hate it. I'd say it's about a 3/5.

Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Tf.org-Last-Sentinel-The-free

https://www.facebook.com/#!/christina.reichl

633Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:35 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Spartan - A 2004 David Mamet film starring Val Kilmer as a military agent searching for the President's daughter (Kristin Bell), who has been kidnapped and sold to a Middle Eastern sex ring. Mamet's whip-smart dialogue got in the way of the story at times, but overall it was a very effective and well-crafted thriller. Kilmer was refreshingly understated in his performance as well. 4/5 stars.

634Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:11 pm

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:Spartan - A 2004 David Mamet film starring Val Kilmer as a military agent searching for the President's daughter (Kristin Bell), who has been kidnapped and sold to a Middle Eastern sex ring. Mamet's whip-smart dialogue got in the way of the story at times, but overall it was a very effective and well-crafted thriller. Kilmer was refreshingly understated in his performance as well. 4/5 stars.
William H Macy is in there as well! Great Flick!! thumbs up

-------------------------

The Loveless. WOW! What a great movie, but I should have expected that from (co-director) Kathryn Bigelow and William Defoe (in his first starring role). Check it out it's on Netflix instant. You won't be disappointed. Very Happy

635Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:11 am

Debaser77

Debaser77

Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Alamar_poster_hi1

Alamar

A short, quiet, and beautifully shot film from Mexico about a man who takes his son on one last fishing trip before the boy moves to Italy with his mother. Maybe being a father has made me a big softie, but I was really moved by this film. 5/5 stars.

636Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:21 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

An Education

I've wanted to see this movie for about a year and I finally got around to it tonight. I highly enjoyed it. It's not for everybody though. To put it in a genre I would say that it is a romance and a coming of age story mixed together. Very well done all around.

637Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:36 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

A midnight showing of The Room is quite an experience, especially when Tommy Wiseau is there in person.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

638Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:29 am

Debaser77

Debaser77

^ Did you introduce yourself to him, and did he say "Oh, hi Rob"?

639Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:24 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:^ Did you introduce yourself to him, and did he say "Oh, hi Rob"?

Laughing I heard of this flick form Nostalgia Critic

640Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:23 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Debaser77 wrote:^ Did you introduce yourself to him, and did he say "Oh, hi Rob"?
No, but he tossed some footballs around with some people.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

641Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:51 pm

GigaToast

GigaToast
Ninja
Ninja

Astro13Zombie wrote:Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Steamboy thumbs up

That was a cool flick. I haven't seen it in forever I'm gonna have to rewatch it soon!

Debaser77 wrote:Spartan - A 2004 David Mamet film starring Val Kilmer as a military agent searching for the President's daughter (Kristin Bell), who has been kidnapped and sold to a Middle Eastern sex ring. Mamet's whip-smart dialogue got in the way of the story at times, but overall it was a very effective and well-crafted thriller. Kilmer was refreshingly understated in his performance as well. 4/5 stars.

Yeah, Spartan was a good movie. I saw that and The Salton Sea in the same weekend. I'd never heard of either one before watching them but my wife said both were really good. And ,as usual, she was on point. Smile

http://www.gigatoast.deviantart.com

642Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:06 pm

GigaToast

GigaToast
Ninja
Ninja

I've been on a classic movie kick lately.

Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 North66

Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 The%20Out%20Of%20Towners

Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Casablanca

Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 12_angry_men

Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Magnificent-seven_420

I love me some TCM! Smile

http://www.gigatoast.deviantart.com

643Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:45 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Double Jeopardy

This has been on my "To Watch" list for 11 years, and I finally got around to it. I enjoyed it. I don't think it was outstanding or anything, but it was enjoyable.

644Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:27 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

Watched Afterlife today and couldnt help but think,what a horrible way to die.

645Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:22 am

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just got back from the Green Hornet, I was thoroughly entertained by it.

646Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:34 am

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

lol!

647Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:10 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Pieces10
Pieces
A must watch for slasher fans, this is film is ridiculous. Lots of cool gory deaths and many dumb moments including this classic:

648Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:28 pm

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

^That movie is so bad it's good! Very Happy
-------------

Watched Extract again the other night.

649Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:13 pm

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

Just watched Salt on blu-ray last night. Watched the extended uncut alternate version. I liked the original ending but I liked this one too. One of the few times I have actually seen and "alternate ending" that was really different from the original. Most movies they are the same but there is just one scene added. They did very well on this movie. I think this is one of Angelina's better movies. 4.5/5

Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Angelina-jolie-salt-movie

https://www.facebook.com/#!/christina.reichl

650Seen any movies lately? - Page 26 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:39 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked Salt as well. I normally can't stand AJ.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 36]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum