Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seen any movies lately?

+53
Ska
Ash Williams
Matt
O_o
Sandman
LordD3r3k
GigaToast
kidspider2099
Goof
JonSpangler
Little_Goblyn
hrdwrkngXsoldier
Batman25JM
prescribeddrone
FroZen
ravezombie
krpykrwly
potatojoe
SexyToaster
Bigtymin504
Joshua
superdoug
Grimmalicious
boberthavok
Rath99
jaydee74
Spazzy
Heytherejeffro
Airwolf
AlienIncognito
Denim
Dr Awkward
DickGrayson007
comicgeekelly
(._Y_.)
Astro13Zombie
rwe1138
pumkinheadfan
Spaced4SimonPegg
Gojiratoho
jestghost
Hannibal king
G_Zatara
MikeSabian
Spider_Fan14
Aussiemandias
Debaser77
supervenom
Demonweasel
melvinlikechris
BlueMaxx
dmahoney
Combo Mo
57 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 36  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 36]

651Seen any movies lately? - Page 27 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:49 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

rwe1138 wrote:
Debaser77 wrote:^ Did you introduce yourself to him, and did he say "Oh, hi Rob"?
No, but he tossed some footballs around with some people.

Underhanded, from two feet away, I'm sure.

652Seen any movies lately? - Page 27 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:55 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie

Silly, over the top Power Ranger-y goodness.

653Seen any movies lately? - Page 27 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:01 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Social Network.

It was pretty good but not great. I would give it 6.9 I guess. Like a 2.5 star movie.

654Seen any movies lately? - Page 27 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:37 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:The Social Network.

It was pretty good but not great. I would give it 6.9 I guess. Like a 2.5 star movie.

Really? I have yet to actually see it, but today I read the script and it blew me away.

655Seen any movies lately? - Page 27 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:27 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:
prescribeddrone wrote:The Social Network.

Really? I have yet to actually see it, but today I read the script and it blew me away.

It was good, but to me all it ended up being is: College kids hacking/using the computer, parties, a rise to fame while being a dick and a lawsuit... it was 'good' but I wasn't into it, like Inception or hell even Kick Ass. I don't really see much depth in it, yeah it has a theme but it's just done with a bit more style than other movies, it was good but personally I wouldn't call it great.

You might like it better than me though, I liked it but wouldn't really desire to buy it/rewatch it.

656Seen any movies lately? - Page 27 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:05 am

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Repo Man - Great, high concept. Good dialogue. Interesting characters. I dug it.

Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer - Me and my youngest lazed about on the couch and watched this together . Pretty nice way to spend a couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

657Seen any movies lately? - Page 27 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:13 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

The King's Speech was great and deserves any awards it wins. I think they're already engraving Colin Firth's Oscar.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

658Seen any movies lately? - Page 27 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:04 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

A Prophet - A French crime drama about a young Arab man who becomes a runner for the Corsican mob in prison and slowly starts his own criminal empire. Unlike most American mob movies, this doesn't show a romanticised version of organized crime. The movie is brutal and very well-acted, though the ending is somewhat unsatisfying. Taken as a whole, this was an excellent movie. 4.5/5

659Seen any movies lately? - Page 27 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:20 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

DickGrayson007 wrote:Watched Afterlife today and couldnt help but think,what a horrible way to die.

I just watched that this morning. I agree. I did a mini review of it on my Tumblr account RE:AL3D Review

Debaser77 wrote:A Prophet - A French crime drama about a young Arab man who becomes a runner for the Corsican mob in prison and slowly starts his own criminal empire. Unlike most American mob movies, this doesn't show a romanticised version of organized crime. The movie is brutal and very well-acted, though the ending is somewhat unsatisfying. Taken as a whole, this was an excellent movie. 4.5/5

I have heard good things about this movie.

660Seen any movies lately? - Page 27 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:23 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hot Fuzz

I've mentioned before that I'm generally not a fan of British TV or movies, but I loved this. It was just great fun.

661Seen any movies lately? - Page 27 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:30 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

GigaToast wrote:
Debaser77 wrote:Spartan - A 2004 David Mamet film starring Val Kilmer as a military agent searching for the President's daughter (Kristin Bell), who has been kidnapped and sold to a Middle Eastern sex ring. Mamet's whip-smart dialogue got in the way of the story at times, but overall it was a very effective and well-crafted thriller. Kilmer was refreshingly understated in his performance as well. 4/5 stars.

Yeah, Spartan was a good movie. I saw that and The Salton Sea in the same weekend. I'd never heard of either one before watching them but my wife said both were really good. And ,as usual, she was on point. Smile

I watched this last night. Pretty interesting. I've been in to Mamet before, so there were plenty of times when I was thrown by certain turns of phrase or sudden peculiar acting. I did like how it just drops you in and doesn't really coddle you with much in the way of explaining exactly who certain people are and what they do. It just...is, and that's nice.

http://www.demonweasel.com

662Seen any movies lately? - Page 27 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:30 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Hot Fuzz

I've mentioned before that I'm generally not a fan of British TV or movies, but I loved this. It was just great fun.

hug I hope you watched on dvd and not on tv

663Seen any movies lately? - Page 27 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:17 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:Hot Fuzz

hug I hope you watched on dvd and not on tv

Very Happy

I watched it on TV this time. When it started I didn't think I'd be watching all of it. I figured I'd watch 5 minutes of it, not like it, and then turn it off. I didn't figure I'd get hooked and have to watch all of it. I fully plan to watch it on DVD soon though.

664Seen any movies lately? - Page 27 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:36 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just watched The Social Network. Very good movie. It deserves all of the awards it's getting.

665Seen any movies lately? - Page 27 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:40 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Dilemma

Kevin James and Vince Vaughn reprise their typical roles here. James is the awkward guy and Vaughn is the smooth talker everyone likes. Vaughn accidentally catches James' wife with another man and struggles with the decision of how/when to tell his best friend. It was pretty enjoyable and if you're a fan of either two, you'll probably dig it.

666Seen any movies lately? - Page 27 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:53 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

^ The only thing that makes me want to see that movie is Jennifer Connelly. She looks pretty damn cute in that Hawks jersey in the trailer.

The fam and I took a break from life for a while and watched How To Train Your Dragon. We all had a really good time with it.

667Seen any movies lately? - Page 27 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:55 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:^ The only thing that makes me want to see that movie is Jennifer Connelly. She looks pretty damn cute in that Hawks jersey in the trailer.

yes

668Seen any movies lately? - Page 27 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:10 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Debaser77 wrote:^ The only thing that makes me want to see that movie is Jennifer Connelly. She looks pretty damn cute in that Hawks jersey in the trailer.

yes

yes yes I love her wub (although more so when she wasn't so skinny)

669Seen any movies lately? - Page 27 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:44 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

comicgeekelly wrote:I just watched The Social Network. Very good movie. It deserves all of the awards it's getting.
I just saw it as well. I agree it's good, and that Sorkin & Fincher both deserve praise, but I still feel that overall The King's Speech is a better film.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

670Seen any movies lately? - Page 27 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:31 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just came in from "Green Hornet", I found it really good but not phenomenal. It was really really funny, like the bit with Britt hiring Cameron Diaz's character saying "You have balls. I like my women showing me balls" Laughing . Anyone notice the Lone Ranger poster in Britt's tv room? Loved the Bruce Lee refrence in Kato's drawings.

Some of the things I found not that great was the main bad guy. The dude felt kinda generic and his time before the movie was never really looked on. The midlife crisis bit was interesting so it decreased generic-ness by 25%.

The media pretty much neglected to mention if anone died or was just injured by the GH and Kato's crime stopping spree. Its a pet peeve of mine for suoerhero movies nowadays.

The editing could have made the movie more streamless and alittle less clunky in some parts.

I wasn't laughing at the film until the part when GH was first interacting with Kato. Its like the movie didn't know if the scenes were supposed to be funny or not.

671Seen any movies lately? - Page 27 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:51 pm

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

Seen any movies lately? - Page 27 220px-Other_guys_poster

Just finished The Other Guys shake my head I am so glad I Netflixed it instead of buying it. There was maybe 1 or 2 funny parts in the whole movie, and they weren't even that funny either.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/christina.reichl

672Seen any movies lately? - Page 27 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:12 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The King's Speech.

All-around stellar.

673Seen any movies lately? - Page 27 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:35 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tried to watch The Fountain last night, but I found it hard to hear and just uninteresting so I didn't finish it.

I put on Hearts in Atlantis instead, based on the novel by Stephen King, which was a good movie.

674Seen any movies lately? - Page 27 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:51 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I watched Case 39 and did a mini review at SpacedAsylum

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

675Seen any movies lately? - Page 27 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:53 pm

JonSpangler

JonSpangler
Pirate
Pirate

The Kings Speech yesterday.

What a awesome film I have to say. I had high hopes and they were excedded. Perfect casting and surprisingly funny. Very hearfelt. When, soon to be, King George VI studdered through his speech in the begining and throughout the film I really felt for him.

I like movies like Tron, Jackass, and Inception (even though Inception is above the others), but Kings Speech is a FILM and piece of art and one the best movie of the year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 36]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum