Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Justice League: Cry For Justice

+18
Aussiemandias
Bigtymin504
Batman25JM
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
shiky800
BlueMaxx
jaydee74
Rath99
Chi-Town Spidey
blue halo
The Ignored One
Esbat
shining knight
Metal Misfit
prescribeddrone
Administrator
Joshua
Debaser77
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:13 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ That...and he was quite abusive. Well, he tried to be. Wink Go Kara.

quite abusive?! Freak had a masters in that department!

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

27Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:22 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

well hes dead now and deservedly so

28Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:00 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ya, they probably didn't know what to do with him, and wanted Trigon's comeback to be showy with the power-levels he's just taken down.

Are Lagoon Boy, Son of Vulcan, and the few others, other than Cyborg, still in a coma? I know that Anima got out of it with her healing ability, but then was cut down, awesomely, by Prometheus.

29Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:24 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I really liked #4... Seemed like they didn't say "justice" every page like in the previous issues.. I like the conflict between Ollie and Hal about the methods of "interogation" that were being used, and the one between Mikaal and Congo Bill about how to best dish out "justice". All in all, I'm really digging this series.

30Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:50 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I'm just not feelin' it. Here's my review of issue # 4.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=13248

31Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:42 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:I'm just not feelin' it. Here's my review of issue # 4.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=13248
"I've decided to quote my message from the article page. Wink
I think the title is fine. Everyone is acting different because they are different, in a sense. They’ve been put through too much to where their point of views are…they’re not changing so much as being rethought by each character.
Look at Mikhaal during the battle with Arak and Penny Dreadful. He didn’t mean to do what he did, it was out of defense for Bill. But that still scared him. Scares him because it feels like he’s changing, when really it is the world around him.
Plus, you can’t deny the neatness of the blog-esque writings with the extra bits of tid with each character. I will say that I feel the series shouldn’t be $4. But I feel that way about a lot of titles who don’t have as many pages. Although, he does, but not in the sense of comics go. IDK. I’m liking it."

We need someone to generalize the title of this thread. Wink

32Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:58 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spoiler:

33Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:44 am

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

shining knight wrote:
Spoiler:
LMAO! That's hilariously cruel!

34Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:25 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Definitely.
Spoiler:
\
It was an alright ish. Finally, Batwoman. Rolling Eyes Sort of. The after-comic blog was the weakest so far. Still neat to see his idolization towards those that'd make Robinson into who and what he is. The origin story for Freeman left out a key reference, his word/phrase of power that is different than the other Marvels. Ah well. He brought up a neat idea about Mort Meskin and his origin writings for Freeman and Kid Eternity. Maybe he had relatives or friends that had that happen to them with the boat and drowning/attack stories?

35Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:42 am

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

this mini is getting better but by the end of the day i am not sure if it was worth the money

36Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:08 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Ya, I've wondered that myself about the price, despite the decent story. A dollar for the blog stuff--given, that is fun--isn't worth it to me. Especially since there are still adds in it.

37Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:17 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not liking this series. It has a very "Loeb-esque" feel with a number of things done, seemingly for shock effect rather than true progression of the story. The story itself plods along at the pace of a pregnant yak. While it is no longer "hard-on for justice", some elements that made the previous issues seem....silly are evident here. In short, action does not equal entertaining. Smart, purposeful action, with consideration for the fact that one is operating in a vast universe where actions in one series affect another are important. This seems like a lesson lost in this issue. As for the inclusion of The Shade, I hope he truly has a more important role that would truly warrant his inclusion other than Robinson going "look, my old characters---lulz!". He is capable of doing better than this and has shown this before. This series has been a disappointment and tends to suffer from "snowglobe syndrome" but at the very least the art has been lovely. Hoefully it gets better, though. It certainly had promise, but promise is not enough for a good series or issue.

38Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:33 am

Debaser77

Debaser77

This last issue wasn't as bad as the previous month's, but I'm still not loving it. The big shocking end of the issue seemed really tacked on, and Mauro's art, while beautiful, still doesn't fit the script in my opinion. I will give him props for the killer drawings of Kori and Donna in bikinis. Rawr!

39Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:42 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didn't care for #5 at all, but then again I haven't cared for any issue.

I'm pissed about Roy. Red Arrow is one of my favorite characters, and this was just unnecessary.

I'm not a huge fan of the art. Like Debasser said, it just doesn't fit the story. I like it for covers, but not the interior. That being said, I liked it more this issue than any of the previous issues.

The only real positive of this book so far is that it has made me a fan of Congorilla. I knew nothing of him prior, but for some reason I like him here.

40Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:34 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What is with DC's limb-detachment fetish? Rolling Eyes

41Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:47 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What the hell was with the cover of #5?? Is that even going to happen in this series? I know covers don't always represent what happens in a comic but seriously there wasn't even the remotest sign of that except that in previous issues we've seen that Supergirl might have a bit of a crush on Freddie.

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:I'm not liking this series. It has a very "Loeb-esque" feel with a number of things done, seemingly for shock effect rather than true progression of the story. The story itself plods along at the pace of a pregnant yak. While it is no longer "hard-on for justice", some elements that made the previous issues seem....silly are evident here. In short, action does not equal entertaining. Smart, purposeful action, with consideration for the fact that one is operating in a vast universe where actions in one series affect another are important. This seems like a lesson lost in this issue. As for the inclusion of The Shade, I hope he truly has a more important role that would truly warrant his inclusion other than Robinson going "look, my old characters---lulz!". He is capable of doing better than this and has shown this before. This series has been a disappointment and tends to suffer from "snowglobe syndrome" but at the very least the art has been lovely. Hoefully it gets better, though. It certainly had promise, but promise is not enough for a good series or issue.
You summed this up absolutely perfectly for me. Things just seem to happen with no flow and almost don't make sense. It's just like you say - it's as if Robinson had all these ideas but he's just thrown them together without any finesse. In my view this has been a very poorly executed series.

Batman25JM wrote:
I'm not a huge fan of the art. Like Debasser said, it just doesn't fit the story. I like it for covers, but not the interior. That being said, I liked it more this issue than any of the previous issues.
I'm a bit the opposite. I was liking the art at first but now I'm sort of seeing some flaws in it. For example, and I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, Congorilla's size seems to be completely inconsistent. He varies to absolutely enormous to a bit above the size of a normal gorilla. I also think he does very boring conversation scenes. The characters look very unanimated in those scenes (and there's been quite a few of them).

This book is a classic case of all concept and no content.

42Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:55 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:I'm a bit the opposite. I was liking the art at first but now I'm sort of seeing some flaws in it. For example, and I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, Congorilla's size seems to be completely inconsistent. He varies to absolutely enormous to a bit above the size of a normal gorilla.

Congorilla can vary his size

43Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:57 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm still enjoying this series. Is it perfect? No. But I'm very intrigued about what just happened on that last page, and the upcoming showdown with Prometheus.. which if JLA is any indication, is going to be brutal

44Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:14 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Congorilla can vary his size
Oh well that shoots down that particular piece of criticism! Laughing I take that back completely. Now it makes sense - it just seemed kind of weird before.

45Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:48 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:The characters look very unanimated in those scenes (and there's been quite a few of them).

This book is a classic case of all concept and no content.

Very much so. I agree about how static the characters seem as well. The art is good, just not fitting of this title.

46Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:05 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

Review of #6 is up on the main site.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=18558

47Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:06 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought issue #6 was crap. This series just hasn't been good at all. It's a complete waste of time. Also, the ending has been spoiled in the main JLA book.

48Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:42 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I thought issue #6 was crap. This series just hasn't been good at all. It's a complete waste of time. Also, the ending has been spoiled in the main JLA book.
Glad I dropped it at #2, thought it was pretty bad from the get go.

49Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:47 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I thought issue #6 was crap. This series just hasn't been good at all. It's a complete waste of time. Also, the ending has been spoiled in the main JLA book.

Yeah, it was bad from the beginning. It's just that once I start reading a book I have to finish an arc, even if I'm not liking it. And if I start a mini or limited I have to finish it as well.

50Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

Yeah, it was bad from the beginning. It's just that once I start reading a book I have to finish an arc, even if I'm not liking it. And if I start a mini or limited I have to finish it as well.
I'm sort of the same way, but sometimes I make exceptions. Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum