Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Justice League Generation Lost

+9
GigaToast
jaydee74
LordD3r3k
shining knight
LOOSECANNON
prescribeddrone
BlueMaxx
Batman25JM
Aussiemandias
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

101Justice League Generation Lost - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:02 am

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dude, if all you got out of C/P/G run was crazy hijinks...I feel kinda bad for you. Winick hasn't made the book any more entertaining than the team before. More relevant? Yeah, sure, but it's just making her title a tie-in and not really adding much outside of that. But that's all I gotta say on that. don't know

http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

102Justice League Generation Lost - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:06 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love Winick, he's one of my favorite writers, but I just don't have much desire to read his PG run. I don't really care for PG much. I can deal with her in a group setting, but I don't really feel the need to read her solo.

103Justice League Generation Lost - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:40 am

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If you don't really care about her as a character, then yeah, I wouldn't bother. Personally, I love her...but that's because I pretty much am her. Only I have a ribcage. Laughing

Still, I would pick up the issue with her and Dick!Bat, because that was pretty delightful.

104Justice League Generation Lost - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:11 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

WonderWoman2.0 wrote:Dude, if all you got out of C/P/G run was crazy hijinks...I feel kinda bad for you. Winick hasn't made the book any more entertaining than the team before. More relevant? Yeah, sure, but it's just making her title a tie-in and not really adding much outside of that. But that's all I gotta say on that. don't know

It's not all I got out of it. Yes, they set up a supporting cast and defined her career. But you can't deny that crazy hijinks dominated the focus. Ultra Humanite flying away with Manhattan, the horny space alien.. aka hikinks Wink

105Justice League Generation Lost - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:22 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Honestly I thought developing her character and her friendships was the main part...and that the offbeat adventures were the catalyst for it...not the main point. But eh, to each their own.

106Justice League Generation Lost - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:25 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ahhh! I love this. Laughing

Justice League Generation Lost - Page 5 Tumblr_lh39mxim701qbujox

107Justice League Generation Lost - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:29 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

heh

108Justice League Generation Lost - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Justice League: Generation Lost #20

I enjoyed this. I liked getting to see the development of Max.

I'm still not buying that Jaime is dead. With Max's powers I just don't believe what I'm seeing. Also, the scarab/armor may heal him if he really is dead.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wouldn't you like to know?)

109Justice League Generation Lost - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:30 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hahaha, Max's super stunning secret origin that no one really needed to know....did anyone else get Jason/Talia-esque vibes between Max and his mom?

Also, this:

Justice League Generation Lost - Page 5 Tumblr_lh5hm6nvU81qbf9hko1_500

110Justice League Generation Lost - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:16 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

WonderWoman2.0 wrote:Hahaha, Max's super stunning secret origin that no one really needed to know....

Really? Fleshing out a character's motives isn't an important aspect to storytelling in your opinion?

I thought it was interesting to see some of Max's backstory seeing as how I never really knew much about the character prior to Infinite Crisis. What happened to his mother is huge in terms of motivation.

111Justice League Generation Lost - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:04 am

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

...you mean the implied makeouts? Laughing

112Justice League Generation Lost - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:12 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Justice League: Generation Lost #20

I enjoyed this. I liked getting to see the development of Max.

I'm still not buying that Jaime is dead. With Max's powers I just don't believe what I'm seeing. Also, the scarab/armor may heal him if he really is dead.
Yeah I'm not buying it either. We shall see but I don't think anyone's buying it!

LordD3r3k wrote:
WonderWoman2.0 wrote:Hahaha, Max's super stunning secret origin that no one really needed to know....

Really? Fleshing out a character's motives isn't an important aspect to storytelling in your opinion?

I thought it was interesting to see some of Max's backstory seeing as how I never really knew much about the character prior to Infinite Crisis. What happened to his mother is huge in terms of motivation.

You're right - it's actually pretty important that this was developed. Upon returning to comics a few years back after stopping reading them in about '92 one of the things that perplexed me was discovering that Max Lord had become a villain (a dead one at that). Then when I thought about it I realised that Max's history and background really wasn't all that fleshed out back in the JLI days so I guess it wasn't completely odd that he'd changed like this. However, what was missing for me was the motivation. Maybe some of it has been covered in the past but, for me, this story was probably very important to seeing the motivations for this character. I don't think what Winick's come up with here was particularly brilliant but I do think it was necessary.

Not sure I agree with the timing though - I think I might have preferred to see this a bit earlier in the series.

113Justice League Generation Lost - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:10 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Yeah I'm not buying it either. We shall see but I don't think anyone's buying it!

Yeah, I really wanna say that at the end of his solo book, Beetle got hurt pretty badly and the suit healed him. I wish I could dig up the issue, but I have comics from last year still scattered around the room Laughing

114Justice League Generation Lost - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:38 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

David page uber geek points out that Maxs story contridicts several issues of booster gold...

115Justice League Generation Lost - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:38 am

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

NUH-UH MAX CHANGED IT WITH HIS MIND POWERS SO THERE. Wink

116Justice League Generation Lost - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:36 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

His power isn't that good...err right?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum