Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Justice League Generation Lost

+9
GigaToast
jaydee74
LordD3r3k
shining knight
LOOSECANNON
prescribeddrone
BlueMaxx
Batman25JM
Aussiemandias
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26Justice League Generation Lost - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:35 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

JL:Generation Lost #5

I've got to say this book just continues to push all my nostalgia buttons. Every time I read I feel like I'm in an 80s flashback and I love it. They may be b-listers but I have much more of an affinity for and love of these characters than the current JLA.

I thought there was some really terrific character work done in this issue totally supported by Lopresti's great art (wish he could do every issue!). The pages with the discussion between Captain Atom and Ice were just perfect - in fact there were lots of great moments in this book (another example was the scene between Captain Atom and the Rocket Red about to explode).

I'd love to see a strong bond develop between Booster and Beetle. Booster's and Ted's friendship was one of the great friendships in comics in my opinion and I could really see Booster feeling a commitment towards supporting the Beetle legacy.

Winick and Giffen are doing a wonderful job here and I think this was my favourite issue so far.

27Justice League Generation Lost - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:51 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Agreed about everything, well except the nostalgic feeling since I was a baby/toddler in the 80s and wasn't reading comics. I do have the first JLI trade, but I have yet to read it.

Anyway, I love what Winick and Giffen are doing here. It's just a great book. I'm loving all the characters (even ones I previously couldn't care about).

Lopresti's art was great.

The moments you mentioned were great. I especially loved the thing between Captain Atom and the Rocket Red who blew up.

I can't wait to find out what Max's endgame is.

I couldn't love this book more.

28Justice League Generation Lost - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:48 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Agreed with Aussie and Bats. This has been a great title so far

29Justice League Generation Lost - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:26 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well there goes any thoeries that max may still be redeemed by the end of this...

30Justice League Generation Lost - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:41 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

#6 - Captain Atom focussed and still really enjoyable. I think the semi-monthly format allows for an issue like this now and then where it can go slightly off the main story or take a bit of a break (although this was still very connected).

Winick and Giffen have really clicked on this title.

What's with the cover though? Seriously, does anyone think that cover is going to attract any potential readers? I'm thinking not.

31Justice League Generation Lost - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:08 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Justice League: Generation Lost #6

Just like with every issue so far I really enjoyed this.

I was quite surprised to fine that Captain Atom was actually in the future.

I don't know a lot about Captain Atom outside of the JLU cartoon, but I'm really liking him here.

Aussiemandias wrote:
What's with the cover though? Seriously, does anyone think that cover is going to attract any potential readers? I'm thinking not.

Yeah, the covers for this series have been pretty sucky. I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I almost didn't buy the first issue based solely on the cover. I thought the interior art would be the same. I'm glad I decided to make sure, and when I saw it wasn't I picked it up.

32Justice League Generation Lost - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:33 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Captain Atom is another one of those guys with great potential that's just never been realized. They almost had something with Countdown before it all turned to shit. Captain Atom/Monarch could really have been a badass villain. But it's nice to see him being used well here

33Justice League Generation Lost - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:27 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue 7 was good.

34Justice League Generation Lost - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:49 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Justice League Generation Lost #7

I enjoyed this. The bit with them realizing that Booster has become the leader was great.

35Justice League Generation Lost - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:06 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Justice League Generation Lost #7

I enjoyed this. The bit with them realizing that Booster has become the leader was great.

This issue was pretty funny and I thought came closest to channeling the old series. There were a number of funny bits (most of them including Rocket Red who is absolutely in the spirit of the original) but one part in particular really cracked me up - Rocket Red talking about his prototype sensors saying that they had people coming at them 200 feet ahead, next thing all the lights come on and the Checkmate guys are actually standing right in front of them and he says "No. I'm wrong. They are right here.". For some reason that really had me laughing that scene - not easy to pull off a gag like that in a comic where you can see what's coming.

As this series has been from the start this was good fun.

36Justice League Generation Lost - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:23 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

JL: Gen Lost #8

I love the Lopresti issues. He draws a really good Captain Atom.

I noticed Giffen has dropped off as a creator for this issue. Anyway, Winick (and with Giffen before him) is doing just a superb job at balancing bits of humour and drama in this book. There was some more classic JLI funny moments in this issue which I loved and mostly coming from Rocket Red who is proving to be pretty good entertainment all by himself. Stuff like Skeets's disguise as a little Soviet rocket and Rocket Red's line about thanks for your time, I've made my point and I think I'll leave now was classic! Fire burning her costume off was pretty good too - "Awww, @#$%". Laughing

On top of the humour there's good action but then also really nice little moments like how upset Ice is about the situation they're in and the surprise at the end.

The creators here are really first and foremost doing really good character work here and I think that's what is really making this work.

37Justice League Generation Lost - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:30 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Agreed. This has been really enjoyable so far

38Justice League Generation Lost - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:54 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Justice League: Generation Lost #8

I loved this issue. I really don't have much else to say. This series is just a ton of fun.

I really hope that this team stays together after this book is done. I'd also love for them to get another book once this is over.

Aussiemandias wrote:
I love the Lopresti issues. He draws a really good Captain Atom.

Agreed.

39Justice League Generation Lost - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:46 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have heard nothing but great things about this mini-series. I also heard that the new Rocket Red is pretty awesome. I will be getting this on trade for sure.

40Justice League Generation Lost - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:34 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Justice League: Generation Lost #9

Once again, I absolutely loved this. I just love the dynamics of the team. The bickering is just great.

I really don't have much more to say, it's just pure awesomeness and I can't wait for the next issue.

41Justice League Generation Lost - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:39 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Justice League: Generation Lost #9

Once again, I absolutely loved this. I just love the dynamics of the team. The bickering is just great.

I really don't have much more to say, it's just pure awesomeness and I can't wait for the next issue.

Yep, Winick is doing a terrific job. I don't think you could have set it up better with Giffen on board at the start being the link to the old JLI then apparently handing it over to Winick. I don't know for sure how they worked together but if it was along those lines then they've done their work well as Winick has really got a good handle on these characters that is both faithful to what came before but also recognises some of the growth the characters have gone through in the years between (eg. Booster Gold over the last couple of years has become a much more mature character).

42Justice League Generation Lost - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:54 pm

GigaToast

GigaToast
Ninja
Ninja

I'm glad to hear the series is shaping up well. I love the JLI and I plan on getting this when it comes out in trade.

http://www.gigatoast.deviantart.com

43Justice League Generation Lost - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:29 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Justice League: Generation Lost #10

Once again, I loved it. And once again, that's about all I have to say about the book. It's just damn fine comics.

44Justice League Generation Lost - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:18 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Justice League: Generation Lost #10

Once again, I loved it. And once again, that's about all I have to say about the book. It's just damn fine comics.

Yep and I back you up on this again. I kind of wish that the other artists were as good as Lopresti's work but they're not horrible so that's probably a minor quibble only.

You know what Winick did so well here - I was totally convinced that maybe Batman and Power Girl were starting to figure out something was going on when Max's "push" came into effect. Winick really did that bit well as I was like "yeah!" they've got it worked out finally (especially when Bats said about getting Martian Manhunter involved as all 3 of those characters were JLI members). But not he totally fooled me with what was going to happen there. I love that.

I really want to know what Max is up to! And then offsetting Max's plans is what the white lantern wants him to do.

Great stuff as usual.

45Justice League Generation Lost - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:56 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Yeah, I was basically on the edge of my seat (or bed since I read the issue in bed) when Batman and PG were on the brink of figuring things out. Nice fake out Winick.

46Justice League Generation Lost - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:43 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Justice League: Generation Lost #11

I absolutely love the Lopresti issues - they look great (he actually draws a great Ice). This was a solid issue although not advancing the story too much except for what looks like a probably long overdue power-up for Ice.

Still one of my favourite DC comics.

47Justice League Generation Lost - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:36 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Agreed.

48Justice League Generation Lost - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:41 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Justice League: Generation Lost #12

I kind of found this to be the weakest of the series so far. A pretty much standard fare not-so-interesting origin issue. I understand the desire to power up Ice a bit but I'm not sure why it was required to completely change her origin to do so. I'm sure you could have done that within the boundaries of her prior origin.

Anyway, I just thought this issue was a minor hiccup. I think I'd really love to see Winick continue working with these characters beyond Brightest Day.

49Justice League Generation Lost - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:29 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:Justice League: Generation Lost #12

I kind of found this to be the weakest of the series so far. A pretty much standard fare not-so-interesting origin issue. I understand the desire to power up Ice a bit but I'm not sure why it was required to completely change her origin to do so. I'm sure you could have done that within the boundaries of her prior origin.

Anyway, I just thought this issue was a minor hiccup. I think I'd really love to see Winick continue working with these characters beyond Brightest Day.

Agreed. Though perhaps Winick wanted to make her a more grounded character rather than some mythical ice princess

50Justice League Generation Lost - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:29 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:Justice League: Generation Lost #12

Agreed. Though perhaps Winick wanted to make her a more grounded character rather than some mythical ice princess

Yeah I'm sure you're right. That would seem like the intent.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum