Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Justice League Generation Lost

+9
GigaToast
jaydee74
LordD3r3k
shining knight
LOOSECANNON
prescribeddrone
BlueMaxx
Batman25JM
Aussiemandias
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51Justice League Generation Lost - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:51 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Justice League: Generation Lost #12
Holy shit for once I applaud the senseless killing of a character!!!

I still have the same problems as ever with Teds murderer being alive and Ted still in a grave but my god
Spoiler:
had it coming!!!

52Justice League Generation Lost - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:47 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I'm kinda disappointed by that actually. While his mini wasn't great, I still think there's potential with that character.

But then there's the part of my brain that thinks this is all a ploy by Max

53Justice League Generation Lost - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:09 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I dropped this around issue 9 or 10 due to getting less comics, but I like this story and might get it (or at least what I didn't read) in trade one day but I flipped through the new issue and was impressed with the "future" League, loved Damian and Grayson's role/looks.

54Justice League Generation Lost - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:42 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I seriously think that this book needs more love. It is amazing, where JLA just lacks.

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

55Justice League Generation Lost - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:45 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:^ I'm kinda disappointed by that actually. While his mini wasn't great, I still think there's potential with that character.

But then there's the part of my brain that thinks this is all a ploy by Max

Hey that's a really good point. When it comes to Max it's hard to know what's real and what isn't. Although I do agree with Shining Knight that Magog had it coming! Laughing

The last issue was great (I especially love the Lopresti issues - he does such a great Captain Atom). Now, why am I not surprised that Max is planning to kill Diana??? I should have thought of that straight away!

56Justice League Generation Lost - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:59 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Man, I need to catch up with this book. I'm like 3 issues behind.

57Justice League Generation Lost - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:09 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spazzy wrote:I seriously think that this book needs more love. It is amazing, where JLA just lacks.
*Hurts neck from nodding so hard*

Not many are reading it at my LCS. It has moved my JLA (JLI) 1st series up my back-issue list majorly.

I'm loving the Captain Atom leap forwards. Love how over the years he's stabalized. Normally when he took a big energy flux inside his body, he'd permanently time jump. Now his psuedo-metal body can process it and send him back.

Also, I totally guessed that the upcoming event of man vs. metas (sort of Kingdom Come) is evolving into something more and more in the DC universe.

58Justice League Generation Lost - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:42 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am so glad that someone agrees with me!

59Justice League Generation Lost - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Everyone who's been posting on this thread agrees with you! I haven't seen anyone disappointed with this series.

60Justice League Generation Lost - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:51 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I know.. hence why this makes me happy Wink

61Justice League Generation Lost - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:33 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Last issue was pretty good as well. Though the Creepy Corps or whatever feels alittle ham-fisted. It's kinda like, 'Hey, look who we dug out of the cannon fodder bin!'

I am pretty curious to know why no one remembers Diana

62Justice League Generation Lost - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:24 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Maybe they will explain that?

63Justice League Generation Lost - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:48 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ hopefully! Laughing

64Justice League Generation Lost - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:08 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Last issue was pretty good as well. Though the Creepy Corps or whatever feels alittle ham-fisted. It's kinda like, 'Hey, look who we dug out of the cannon fodder bin!'

I am pretty curious to know why no one remembers Diana

Not saying it's a great reason but aren't the Creature Commandoes linked with Checkmate/Task Force X/Whatever and that's how Max has probably got hold of them to do his dirty work? Kind of plucked out of nowhere I agree.

On WW - this was a very interesting aspect of this book as I think it's the first DC Universe book to touch on what's been going in WW's book (that I've seen anyway - maybe it's happened elsewhere). If you go by WW's book then reality has changed and WW has never publicly existed. At least that's my take on what's going on. Anyway if that's the case then it makes no sense to me at all that Booster, Captain Atom, Fire, Ice and Max Lord remember her. That part of the story has left me a little confused.

I think the whole WW thing at the moment is a little sketchy.

65Justice League Generation Lost - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:42 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

When I read it, I thought they didnt remember WW bc of her book and what JMS had done but I could be wrong

66Justice League Generation Lost - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:30 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Last i remember the creature commandos were tied into that group Sam Lane ran during that big superman story. I may be wrong as I've only read the first act of that story because superman legends changed into a different book and left out the rest of it.

67Justice League Generation Lost - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:26 pm

Brian Cunningham

Brian Cunningham
Cadet
Cadet

Howdy folks. Just passing through and couldn't help but read some of this thread. Hopefully I can shed some light on some questions...

Creature Commandos: If you recall, waaay back in COUNTDOWN TO INFINITE CRISIS, we saw on a computer screen that Project M was a sub-division of Checkmate, along with Task Force X and the Omacs. So we are just following that through here. It's not as out of left field as it seems.

Wonder Woman: JLGL is absolutely tying into what is going on in WONDER WOMAN. In WW, we know that the Amazons are on the lam, and trying to hide Diana from that. (And if you're not reading the "Odyssey" arc in WW...well, that's a shame, 'cuz there's some good stuff going on there. I'm biased 'cuz I edit it, but I firmly stand behind what we're trying to do.) As a result of this skewed reality, none of the DCU heroes have met Diana before now. It seems only Max, Booster, Fire, Ice and Captain Atom can remember the way reality used to be. We'll also see Superman meet Diana for the "first" time in SUPERMAN #708 in February.

Hope this helps. I'm pretty psyched for you guys to read the rest of the series!

BC

68Justice League Generation Lost - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:37 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Nudes or gtfo

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

69Justice League Generation Lost - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:00 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Brian Cunningham wrote:
It seems only Max, Booster, Fire, Ice and Captain Atom can remember the way reality used to be.
Thanks for the info, Brian, which was all pretty much as I suspected. As I said, I'll be interested to say why Booster and co. are the only ones to remember the way things once were although poetic license as a reason wouldn't be so bad as it sets up a good story. In particular, Max remembering, as it says in this issue, does provide a rather nice irony.

70Justice League Generation Lost - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:42 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

JL: Generation Lost #16

Only 10 issues to go? Geez where does time go?

Not too much to say about this issue except it was more solid work from Winnick and co. I thought the Creature Commandoes were a bit of fun and keen to say what plans Max has for Beetle. Also it was great to see a few people starting to cotton on that something odd is going on!!! It's an amazing thing Max has done but just as is happening this issue some things would start not adding up and Max can't be everywhere at once.

71Justice League Generation Lost - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:40 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Agreed. I loved the dialogue in the beginning.

72Justice League Generation Lost - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:02 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm kind of worrying about Marchs solicits...

Spoiler:

73Justice League Generation Lost - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:27 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:I'm kind of worrying about Marchs solicits...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

74Justice League Generation Lost - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:50 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't know why I got this idea in my head but with the way Max's power works and the way he uses it, it is a possibility that Magog isn't dead. Max could have him locked away somewhere and everyone just think he's been murdered. I know, I know, probably unlikely but this idea got in my head and I can't shake it.

Also, the more I think about it the more interested I am by the fact that Max, Booster, Captain Atom, Fire and Ice remember the old Wonder Woman and no one else does. Unlike how Max's power affects your memory, when it comes to WW reality has changed. So why didn't reality change or their memories of this new reality change for these guys? Is it because reality was changed at the same time as Max was doing his worldwide mindwipe and that somehow protected these few characters from the change? Is whoever is responsible for the reality change someone from the past of the JLI and they've been deliberately excluded from it?

It also crossed my mind that the one person who could determine that Booster and co. are telling the truth about Max is the Martian Manhunter. I know there are some other former JLI members going to be joining the cause in the future and Martian Manhunter is one I'm really hoping gets involved.

I love this stuff!

75Justice League Generation Lost - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:22 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:I don't know why I got this idea in my head but with the way Max's power works and the way he uses it, it is a possibility that Magog isn't dead. Max could have him locked away somewhere and everyone just think he's been murdered. I know, I know, probably unlikely but this idea got in my head

That's what I've been saying too! I think we're on to something

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum