Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

NFL 2010 Season

+18
DickGrayson007
rittdk01
Demonweasel
Fresh03
Ric Magnum
hrdwrkngXsoldier
goatt
Thundermatts
potatojoe
Hannibal king
jaydee74
vikoros
Heytherejeffro
Bigtymin504
Off_White_Lantern
Dr Awkward
Denim
Rath99
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 12]

1NFL 2010 Season Empty NFL 2010 Season Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:43 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Week 1 is well on it's way. PoP! Fantasy Football league is up and running. Let's talk some football!!

2NFL 2010 Season Empty Re: NFL 2010 Season Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:51 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, I love the Bears, I really do, but Cutler is not a good QB. It is now 3:21 let of game time, Chicago is losing 14-13, they have had so many cahnces to score, but....well, to say we are starting off the season losing to Detroit is kind of emberassing, it's Detroit for fucks sake.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

3NFL 2010 Season Empty Re: NFL 2010 Season Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:01 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

and just like the same way magnets work, Forte gets the Bears a touchdown!!!!

4NFL 2010 Season Empty Re: NFL 2010 Season Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:13 pm

Dr Awkward

Dr Awkward
Pirate
Pirate

ust heard about 10 F-bombs on the Colts-Texans broadcast on CBS. Gotta love those sideline microphones

http://twitter.com/Juswise

5NFL 2010 Season Empty Re: NFL 2010 Season Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:31 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Dr Awkward wrote:ust heard about 10 F-bombs on the Colts-Texans broadcast on CBS. Gotta love those sideline microphones

Heard those too lol.

The Colts better get a defense real fast. Manning threw for 433 yds and 3 tds but there was no defense. Austin Collie fumbling on the 8 yard line and Garcon dropping several big plays didnt help things either but the D did them in.

No run defense at all. Im sure the Giants are getting ready for a heavy run offense next week. Eli threw 3 int's so that would make sense anyway.

I wonder what the most yards thrown in a loss are?

Oh well at least the perfect season shit is over in a hurry.

And that Bears and Lions game was shit. If they win a nail biter against the Lions without Stafford then things are not looking good for Chicago.

That was probably the single worst call I have ever seen. Two feet on the ground, falls on his ass, rolls over palming the ball and leaves it on the ground standing up. Im with the announcers I dont get how that wasnt a TD scratch Gonna be hearing about the one for awhile.

6NFL 2010 Season Empty Re: NFL 2010 Season Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:08 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Very entertaining Week 1. Pats and Titans looked really impressive. Giants and Texans looked good...especially that Texans running back Foster! Colts look like they might have that Superbowl loss hangover that most teams have. They better get that defense right or they will not make the playoffs. Also, very surprised to see the 49ers struggling against Seahawks...

7NFL 2010 Season Empty Re: NFL 2010 Season Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:14 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off_White_Lantern wrote:
Dr Awkward wrote:ust heard about 10 F-bombs on the Colts-Texans broadcast on CBS. Gotta love those sideline microphones

Heard those too lol.

The Colts better get a defense real fast. Manning threw for 433 yds and 3 tds but there was no defense. Austin Collie fumbling on the 8 yard line and Garcon dropping several big plays didnt help things either but the D did them in.

No run defense at all. Im sure the Giants are getting ready for a heavy run offense next week. Eli threw 3 int's so that would make sense anyway.

And that Bears and Lions game was shit. If they win a nail biter against the Lions without Stafford then things are not looking good for Chicago.

That was probably the single worst call I have ever seen. Two feet on the ground, falls on his ass, rolls over palming the ball and leaves it on the ground standing up. Im with the announcers I dont get how that wasnt a TD scratch Gonna be hearing about the one for awhile.

I agree with a lot of this but the Lions/Bears game it is a shit call but the right one according to the NFL rule book. Here is the rule:

If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.

It's a shit rule but it is still the rule so it is the right call. Sorry Lions.

8NFL 2010 Season Empty Re: NFL 2010 Season Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:32 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I live in Chicago, and am a die hard Bears fan, there are people here acting like we just won the friggin Superbowl. It's sad, we beat the Lion, barely beat them at that, this is not a victory I am proud of.

9NFL 2010 Season Empty Re: NFL 2010 Season Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:36 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Denim wrote:I live in Chicago, and am a die hard Bears fan, there are people here acting like we just won the friggin Superbowl. It's sad, we beat the Lion, barely beat them at that, this is not a victory I am proud of.

I lived in Chicago for 4 months a few years back so I know what you mean...its why I get sort of a sick satisfaction in seeing them lose. Laughing

10NFL 2010 Season Empty Re: NFL 2010 Season Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:30 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Rath99 wrote:
Off_White_Lantern wrote:

Heard those too lol.

I agree with a lot of this but the Lions/Bears game it is a shit call but the right one according to the NFL rule book. Here is the rule:

If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.

It's a shit rule but it is still the rule so it is the right call. Sorry Lions.

Still dont get it. Two feet on the ground with possession then falling on his butt and rolling over and then after rolling over sitting the ball on the ground. Didnt any of that other stuff count as a possession before he sat the ball down? They better make the rule that the reciever must hand the ball to the official after scoring since that play didnt make any sense.

11NFL 2010 Season Empty Re: NFL 2010 Season Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:55 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Bigtymin504 wrote:Very entertaining Week 1. Pats and Titans looked really impressive. Giants and Texans looked good...especially that Texans running back Foster! Colts look like they might have that Superbowl loss hangover that most teams have. They better get that defense right or they will not make the playoffs. Also, very surprised to see the 49ers struggling against Seahawks...

Waaaaay too soon to talk about a SB hangover. Their offense was easily the best of week one and that was with a fumble on the 8 yard line by Collie and some costly dropped passes. Not to mention that Manning was on his back for most of the game.

I would hope Mathis, Freeney and Co. will limit most running backs to a lot less than 231 rushing yds and 3 tds. First game of the season they needed to trust their safeties a little more and play the ball. Continued to drop back time and time again and give up big runs playing the pass that wasnt coming.

On the plus side they had a coulple sacks and big interception that forced the Texans to go to an almost exclusive run offense the entire second half.

12NFL 2010 Season Empty Re: NFL 2010 Season Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:21 pm

Dr Awkward

Dr Awkward
Pirate
Pirate

Off_White_Lantern wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:Very entertaining Week 1. Pats and Titans looked really impressive. Giants and Texans looked good...especially that Texans running back Foster! Colts look like they might have that Superbowl loss hangover that most teams have. They better get that defense right or they will not make the playoffs. Also, very surprised to see the 49ers struggling against Seahawks...

Waaaaay too soon to talk about a SB hangover. Their offense was easily the best of week one and that was with a fumble on the 8 yard line by Collie and some costly dropped passes. Not to mention that Manning was on his back for most of the game.

I would hope Mathis, Freeney and Co. will limit most running backs to a lot less than 231 rushing yds and 3 tds. First game of the season they needed to trust their safeties a little more and play the ball. Continued to drop back time and time again and give up big runs playing the pass that wasnt coming.

On the plus side they had a coulple sacks and big interception that forced the Texans to go to an almost exclusive run offense the entire second half.

I Think it was stupid of Randy Moss to state post game that he was going to leave NE. It's the first week!! you dont do that s@#$!

http://twitter.com/Juswise

13NFL 2010 Season Empty Re: NFL 2010 Season Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:37 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's stupid to say but he's right.

14NFL 2010 Season Empty Re: NFL 2010 Season Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:43 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off_White_Lantern wrote:

Yeah it is really early. Just saying the defense looked bad and they couldn't establish a running game so they have to get some things straight. Usually when your QB has to throw for that many yards it's not a good sign. Titans and Texans will be tough to beat out in the AFC South this year...but that said, I wouldn't count out the Colts either.

15NFL 2010 Season Empty Re: NFL 2010 Season Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:47 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr Awkward wrote:
Off_White_Lantern wrote:

I Think it was stupid of Randy Moss to state post game that he was going to leave NE. It's the first week!! you dont do that s@#$!

Yeah I was like wth is he doing? Laughing

But yeah like Rath said, it's probably true that he's gone after this year.

16NFL 2010 Season Empty Re: NFL 2010 Season Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:50 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Off_White_Lantern wrote:

Yeah it is really early. Just saying the defense looked bad and they couldn't establish a running game so they have to get some things straight. Usually when your QB has to throw for that many yards it's not a good sign. Titans and Texans will be tough to beat out in the AFC South this year...but that said, I wouldn't count out the Colts either.

Defense did look shitty as hell. Now I know you have seen the Colts offense for the last 12 years putting their entire load on Manning. Thats their game they always throw the ball that much and its been a pretty good sign for a long time. Won nearly every game last year by putting the entire offense on one player.

17NFL 2010 Season Empty Re: NFL 2010 Season Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:54 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off_White_Lantern wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
Off_White_Lantern wrote:

Defense did look shitty as hell. Now I know you have seen the Colts offense for the last 12 years putting their entire load on Manning. Thats their game they always throw the ball that much and its been a pretty good sign for a long time. Won nearly every game last year by putting the entire offense on one player.

True they do put a lot on Manning, but usually with a little more balance. They usually come up with a pretty solid running game. Without that it's hard to win in the NFL.

18NFL 2010 Season Empty Re: NFL 2010 Season Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:50 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Off_White_Lantern wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
Off_White_Lantern wrote:

True they do put a lot on Manning, but usually with a little more balance. They usually come up with a pretty solid running game. Without that it's hard to win in the NFL.

Definately wish it was the case that they had any kind of running game but they were dead last in 2009 and still did really well. I sometimes dont understand how Manning is able to pass and find people open time and time again when everyone knows hes passing it nearly every time.

19NFL 2010 Season Empty Re: NFL 2010 Season Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:05 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Cowboys v Skins was a brutal game to watch. Cowboys have way to much talent on that team to not score more.

20NFL 2010 Season Empty Re: NFL 2010 Season Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:15 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

(yay Patriots)

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

21NFL 2010 Season Empty Re: NFL 2010 Season Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:35 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Cheer loud jeff. The Pats played a very good game.

22NFL 2010 Season Empty Re: NFL 2010 Season Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:37 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The funny thing is I work at the Comic Store on Sundays from 12-6. Turds.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

23NFL 2010 Season Empty Re: NFL 2010 Season Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:55 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Rath99 wrote:Cowboys v Skins was a brutal game to watch. Cowboys have way to much talent on that team to not score more.

I watched a preseason game that had the starters playing 3 quarters and they looked like they did against the skins. They have a lot of good players but they wont make it to the Super Bowl like everyone is predicting if they continue to play that way. I think the offense will get it together and they will make a good run though. Its week one which can essentially be the final tune up for the rest of the season. San Diego and Tenn started out crappy last year and finished strong. Plus they kept it together and had a chance to win even with that horrid fumble recovery going into half time.

24NFL 2010 Season Empty Re: NFL 2010 Season Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:58 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Rath99 wrote:Cheer loud jeff. The Pats played a very good game.

Patriots were the best team so far. Welker looked great and showed no sign that he hurt his knee. I watched some highlights and he broke off both ways with no indication as to what knee he hurt last year. Patty Cakes are the team to watch for sure.

25NFL 2010 Season Empty Re: NFL 2010 Season Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:29 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Looking forward to Jets vs Ravens. There is a lot of hype here in NY about the Jets. I'm not completely sold on the Jets just yet. Jets defense is very good...but I'm not sure about their offense. Questions at QB, RB, and without Holmes WR.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 12]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum