Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ultimate Marvel

+20
Tom
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Fresh03
Mnemosis
kidspider2099
Sandman
jaydee74
Debaser77
andy546
Bigtymin504
Aussiemandias
Thundermatts
shiky800
Ska
LOOSECANNON
Nymn
hrdwrkngXsoldier
lurchadamo
Batman25JM
prescribeddrone
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 11]

151Ultimate Marvel - Page 7 Empty Re: Ultimate Marvel Fri May 28, 2010 7:26 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:^ He was basically "Ultimate Mr. Fixit," which I thought was very cool.
Didn't think of that - good call.

Batman25JM wrote:Ultimate Comics Avengers 2 #2

This was okay. I wasn't blown away, but I didn't hate it.

Yu's art was fantastic though.
I agree - I didn't think the story this issue itself was anything special. To me, Millar pretty much could have dialled this one in. However, the art was worth the price of admission alone - surely this is some of Yu's best stuff.

152Ultimate Marvel - Page 7 Empty Re: Ultimate Marvel Sun May 30, 2010 2:00 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ultimate Comics Enemy #4

Personally, I think this was the weakest of the issues. It wasn't bad, but it didn't thrill me. Maybe it was because I didn't know that this book lead into another one. I was thinking we'd get answers, and since we didn't really I think that hurt my enjoyment of the book.

The development on the last page was interesting.

I really didn't like the exchange between Susan and Ben where she all but admits that she has feelings for him/loves him. It felt weird. It seemed to come out of nowhere. If it had been hinted at before I've never seen it. I know things are different in the Ultimate Universe, but some things shouldn't be changed, IMO. Getting Ben and Susan together just seems wrong. Also, Reed just died (though I still don't think he is). I'd think Susan would be grieving for him.

153Ultimate Marvel - Page 7 Empty Re: Ultimate Marvel Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:33 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Ultimate Comics Enemy #4

Personally, I think this was the weakest of the issues. It wasn't bad, but it didn't thrill me. Maybe it was because I didn't know that this book lead into another one. I was thinking we'd get answers, and since we didn't really I think that hurt my enjoyment of the book.

The development on the last page was interesting.

I really didn't like the exchange between Susan and Ben where she all but admits that she has feelings for him/loves him. It felt weird. It seemed to come out of nowhere. If it had been hinted at before I've never seen it. I know things are different in the Ultimate Universe, but some things shouldn't be changed, IMO. Getting Ben and Susan together just seems wrong. Also, Reed just died (though I still don't think he is). I'd think Susan would be grieving for him.

It may have been different for me because I already knew that this was only the first of three sets of mini series telling this story so I was expecting a cliffhanger. I can totally understand your concerns though.

I actually really liked the issue in that I feel it is building up a mystery here. Probably won't be expecting too many answers in the next mini series though seeing it's called Ultimate Comics: Mystery!!! I'm looking forward to it.

Have to agree with you on the Sue and Ben thing too - doesn't feel right.

154Ultimate Marvel - Page 7 Empty Re: Ultimate Marvel Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:25 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #11

Loved it.

I thought this issue was hilarious. Bobby was great. His acting dramatic cracked me up. He's really starting to remind me of Michelangelo (the Ninja Turtle). Oh, and the thing with Peter being too young to be nostalgic about newspapers and him being an old soul was great as well.

And once again, I loved the art.

Ultimate Comics Avengers 2 #3

Story-wise I liked this issue better than the last two. I didn't love it, but I enjoyed it enough.

The art was once again stellar. Just awesome.

I don't know about anyone else, but I actually like the Punisher's suit.

155Ultimate Marvel - Page 7 Empty Re: Ultimate Marvel Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:40 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Batman25JM wrote:Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #11

Loved it.

I thought this issue was hilarious. Bobby was great. His acting dramatic cracked me up. He's really starting to remind me of Michelangelo (the Ninja Turtle). Oh, and the thing with Peter being too young to be nostalgic about newspapers and him being an old soul was great as well.

Didn't love this issue as usual...although it's Bendis and it's Spider-Man it was OVERLY talky...there were a thousand bubbles on the first 10 pages alone...and we don't see Kitty Pryde until the survellience is out from MJ...other than the last few pages--which almost seem to copy a recent story from the 616--I wasn't as engaged. Yet, it was still a pretty good read.

3/5

Batman25JM wrote:Ultimate Comics Avengers 2 #3

Story-wise I liked this issue better than the last two. I didn't love it, but I enjoyed it enough.

I'd have to agree with you 100%...and yes, G-Rider was a full blown bad ass...the "mini" has been enjoyable, not outstanding...

3.5/5

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

156Ultimate Marvel - Page 7 Empty Re: Ultimate Marvel Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:05 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

UCA2 #3 - I pretty much feel the same way most of you do about this issue. It was a fun read, but not a whole lot really happened. It was mostly exposition and character interaction, which Millar handled well. Yu's Ghost Rider is fantastic looking and I can't wait to see next issue's battle. I also like the way the Punisher is being handled here. I wasn't a fan initially of him being on the team, but I'm starting to come around.

Haven't read UCSM #11 yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

157Ultimate Marvel - Page 7 Empty Re: Ultimate Marvel Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:47 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:UCA2 #3 - I pretty much feel the same way most of you do about this issue. It was a fun read, but not a whole lot really happened. It was mostly exposition and character interaction, which Millar handled well. Yu's Ghost Rider is fantastic looking and I can't wait to see next issue's battle. I also like the way the Punisher is being handled here. I wasn't a fan initially of him being on the team, but I'm starting to come around.
I'm with all you guys on this also. Not a lot really happening but damn it looks good. As I said about the last issue I think Millar is dialling this in. It's a 6 issue arc and we had 2 issues of getting the team together and this issue about finding out who they're after. I don't think that's great pacing but that's just my opinion.

I see what you're saying about the Punisher, Debaser, but I think it's good how Millar's basically had him forced onto the team. He's not there by choice and I think I'm going to enjoy seeing how he gets away because you know he will by the last issue. I also think he owes Black Widow for her actions in this issue.

158Ultimate Marvel - Page 7 Empty Re: Ultimate Marvel Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:21 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #11

Loved it.

Ultimate Comics Avengers 2 #3

Agreed with both. UCS #11 was great and hilarious as usual. Very cool twist at the end too. UCA2 #3 was solid with gorgeous Yu art. I'm loving the take on Ghost Rider.

159Ultimate Marvel - Page 7 Empty Re: Ultimate Marvel Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:16 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ultimate Comics X #3

Loved it. This book is just a lot of fun.

I really liked the look of Derek. I have a feeling he'll become my favorite character.

The art is just fantastic.

160Ultimate Marvel - Page 7 Empty Re: Ultimate Marvel Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:36 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Ultimate Comics X #3

I really liked the look of Derek. I have a feeling he'll become my favorite character.

Oh yeah I am absolutely loving Art Adams work on this book. Just beautiful. I loved the atmosphere in this issue with the rain.

I agree too on the story - it's really been pretty good. It's kind of amazing the difference in Loeb's work on the Ultimate comics this year as opposed to the last 2 years.

161Ultimate Marvel - Page 7 Empty Re: Ultimate Marvel Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:23 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:Ultimate Comics X #3

Oh yeah I am absolutely loving Art Adams work on this book. Just beautiful. I loved the atmosphere in this issue with the rain.

I agree too on the story - it's really been pretty good. It's kind of amazing the difference in Loeb's work on the Ultimate comics this year as opposed to the last 2 years.

Yep with you guys on this. Loeb seems to be fully back to form with this book and the much-improved Hulk book. Ultimate X in particular is just a great character-driven story. And Art Adams is showing why he's one of the best around, those rain scenes were perfectly drawn.

Plus, Jimmy's cleavage peek of Jeannie ftw! Laughing

162Ultimate Marvel - Page 7 Empty Re: Ultimate Marvel Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:15 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ultimate Comics Avengers 2 #4

Just like every other issue this book: I didn't love it, I didn't hate it, and I thought the art was fantastic.

163Ultimate Marvel - Page 7 Empty Re: Ultimate Marvel Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:19 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Ultimate Comics Avengers 2 #4

Just like every other issue this book: I didn't love it, I didn't hate it, and I thought the art was fantastic.

I actually liked this issue a lot more than than the previous ones in this arc. The background behind this Ghost Rider is pretty interesting. I was really hoping we would get a cliffhanger reveal of Tony Stark's brother somehow being involved in that Satan ritual for his success...or maybe even Tony himself! Now that would have been a twist! Shocked

Plus I loved that we got to see some more of that caged up Spidey and other stuff Millar established in UCA1. And of course, Yu is absolutely killing it. This is what the Ultimate line should be like.

164Ultimate Marvel - Page 7 Empty Re: Ultimate Marvel Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:06 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:Ultimate Comics Avengers 2 #4

I actually liked this issue a lot more than than the previous ones in this arc. The background behind this Ghost Rider is pretty interesting. I was really hoping we would get a cliffhanger reveal of Tony Stark's brother somehow being involved in that Satan ritual for his success...or maybe even Tony himself! Now that would have been a twist! Shocked

Plus I loved that we got to see some more of that caged up Spidey and other stuff Millar established in UCA1. And of course, Yu is absolutely killing it. This is what the Ultimate line should be like.

I agree with you, I thought it was better than the previous issues, however I don't think this storyline has been totally great. The art is blood great though. Possibly some of Yu's best stuff.

You know, I didn't even remember that Spidey in a cage from UCA1. Guess it's slipped from my memory because I was wondering where the hell he came from. He's pretty disgusting.

In the sequence with the disgusting Spidey, Nerd Hulk mentions that he's putting Black Widow through something he saw in a movie and thought was cool (I think it may be Silence of the Lambs). Anyway, the story Monica tells about Nick Fury cheating on her, I am absolutely positive, is from another movie itself - I just can't remember which one it is. This is pretty funny when you think about it because it means she totally bullshitted him and he didn't realise it.

165Ultimate Marvel - Page 7 Empty Re: Ultimate Marvel Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:08 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:In the sequence with the disgusting Spidey, Nerd Hulk mentions that he's putting Black Widow through something he saw in a movie and thought was cool (I think it may be Silence of the Lambs). Anyway, the story Monica tells about Nick Fury cheating on her, I am absolutely positive, is from another movie itself - I just can't remember which one it is. This is pretty funny when you think about it because it means she totally bullshitted him and he didn't realise it.

Ah good catch! That could be an interesting lil twist.

166Ultimate Marvel - Page 7 Empty Re: Ultimate Marvel Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:45 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:In the sequence with the disgusting Spidey, Nerd Hulk mentions that he's putting Black Widow through something he saw in a movie and thought was cool (I think it may be Silence of the Lambs). Anyway, the story Monica tells about Nick Fury cheating on her, I am absolutely positive, is from another movie itself - I just can't remember which one it is. This is pretty funny when you think about it because it means she totally bullshitted him and he didn't realise it.

Yeah I just wish I could remember where I saw it. I'm sure it will come to me. On the other hand it could be that Millar has just stolen the idea! haha If I'm right it kind of makes sense as a way of her getting back at disgusting Spidey.

167Ultimate Marvel - Page 7 Empty Re: Ultimate Marvel Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:47 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

Yeah I just wish I could remember where I saw it. I'm sure it will come to me. On the other hand it could be that Millar has just stolen the idea! haha If I'm right it kind of makes sense as a way of her getting back at disgusting Spidey.

Also possible. Laughing

168Ultimate Marvel - Page 7 Empty Re: Ultimate Marvel Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:53 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

UCUA 2 #4

seems like there's no reason to review these books cuz they all end up the same...but to our pleasure, it's worked out well...another 3.5...fun book

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

169Ultimate Marvel - Page 7 Empty Re: Ultimate Marvel Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:13 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #12

Just like every issue, I loved this. Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man/Ultimate Comics Spider-Man is THE Spider-Man book as far as I'm concerned.

All of the stuff with Chameleon trying to figure out who Peter is was great. I loved when he thought Gwen was Peter's sister or cousin.

I've become such a huge fan of Lafuente's art on this.

After seeing the cover for the next issue, I'm really worried that Chameleon is going to screw up Spider-Man's public image again. I'm loving that the public is loving him, and I don't want it to go back to them hating him.

170Ultimate Marvel - Page 7 Empty Re: Ultimate Marvel Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:41 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #12

Just like every issue, I loved this. Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man/Ultimate Comics Spider-Man is THE Spider-Man book as far as I'm concerned.

All of the stuff with Chameleon trying to figure out who Peter is was great. I loved when he thought Gwen was Peter's sister or cousin.

I've become such a huge fan of Lafuente's art on this.

After seeing the cover for the next issue, I'm really worried that Chameleon is going to screw up Spider-Man's public image again. I'm loving that the public is loving him, and I don't want it to go back to them hating him.

Yep, great stuff as usual. Chameleon is really dragging Pete's name through the mud isn't he? I too hope it doesn't lead to everyone hating him again.
I loved when Chameleon was like "Parker lives with his girlfriend? Who gets to do that in high school??" Laughing So true!

Also, the art is just fantastic. Looking back, I'm almost dumbfounded as to why so many people were so down on it early on.

171Ultimate Marvel - Page 7 Empty Re: Ultimate Marvel Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:33 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

"Ultimate Thor" 4-issue mini by Jonathan Hickman and Carlos Pacheco

http://comics.ign.com/articles/110/1108121p1.html

Ultimate Marvel - Page 7 Thor1

Hickman with free reign to tell Thor's origin? I'll take four please. Smile

172Ultimate Marvel - Page 7 Empty Re: Ultimate Marvel Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:37 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

^Yes please! yes Pacheo's art looks great as always, and of course Hickman hasn't failed yet. It's interesting to see it take place in WW2, I hope they do something cool w/Zemo. Not too sure on the design for Volstaag tho..

173Ultimate Marvel - Page 7 Empty Re: Ultimate Marvel Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:23 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If it's good, maybe I'll get the trade. I've been avoiding Ultimate stuff for about half an year now.

174Ultimate Marvel - Page 7 Empty Re: Ultimate Marvel Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:37 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ultimate New Ultimates #3

I enjoyed this quite a bit. The art was fantastic.

I really liked that they are showing Carol Danvers to be quite competent.

It's great to have Hawkeye back in his more traditional Ultimates outfit.

Thor's return was great.

Ultimate Avengers 2 #5

I actually enjoyed this issue immensely. This was my favorite Ultimate Avengers 2 issue to date.

I do really like Punisher on the team. I'm not traditionally a Punisher fan, but I like him here.

The art, as usual was stunning. Yu kicks ass, plain and simple.

175Ultimate Marvel - Page 7 Empty Re: Ultimate Marvel Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:06 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Ultimate New Ultimates #3

I enjoyed this quite a bit. The art was fantastic.

I really liked that they are showing Carol Danvers to be quite competent.

It's great to have Hawkeye back in his more traditional Ultimates outfit.

Thor's return was great.
Yeah completely agree. Like we've been saying with Ultimate X, I think Loeb has really turned things around with these two books.

I'm really enjoying this story and I agree about Carol Danvers. I think it's evident that Loki wanted this whole attack to fail in order to get Thor back and I also think he knew how it would come about. Thor is going to be so pissed when he finds out who had to die to get him there (if he doesn't know already). As Thor says "There will be blood."

And fantastic really is the right word for the art. Happy to wait 2 months when this is what we get.

One minor quibble is that I think Tony Stark appears to have recovered from his injuries from last issue a bit too quickly. At the very least he had his hand (or hands, I can't quite remember) completely crushed.

Batman25JM wrote:
Ultimate Avengers 2 #5

I actually enjoyed this issue immensely. This was my favorite Ultimate Avengers 2 issue to date.

I do really like Punisher on the team. I'm not traditionally a Punisher fan, but I like him here.

The art, as usual was stunning. Yu kicks ass, plain and simple.

The art was brilliant, yes, but I don't know if I'm completely digging the story. I can see that Millar is attempting all out action stories with these Avengers arcs but would it be too much to hope for that one of them has a little more depth? Probably. I guess my point is I'm just getting no sense of who any of these characters are.

Not that I'm hating the arcs but I would kind of like something a little more. Oh well for now I'll just sit back and enjoy the ride.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm completely sick of multiple Hulks so I'm glad that Tyrone Cash is a traditional style Hulk and is more his own character.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum