Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern Corps

+25
BlueMaxx
superdoug
Tom
Goof
Rath99
potatojoe
LOOSECANNON
Jherek
Debaser77
Aussiemandias
prescribeddrone
shiky800
comicgeekelly
shining knight
Nymn
Batman25JM
Fresh03
Sandman
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Dcrashman26
Bigtymin504
rwe1138
jaydee74
Mnemosis
LordD3r3k
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 10]

101Green Lantern Corps - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:35 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern Corps #46

Awesome, just awesome. So much happens in this issue it was like reading six different books at once. I love that. I love the chaotic feel of it, and how the minute one threat is neutralized another one pops up. Great stuff.

The fridge thing was awesome.

I didn't know that Ice died. When did that happen?

Finally, Gleason's art was just great.

102Green Lantern Corps - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:36 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

She died during some JLA story in the 90's I think.

103Green Lantern Corps - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:39 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Okay. I didn't realize she'd been dead for that long.

104Green Lantern Corps - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:41 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah. I think she was brought back by Gail Simone during her Birds of Prey run.

105Green Lantern Corps - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:51 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Yes, she was...during the Dead of Winter trade...the final trade of Simone's run...

GLC #46

Minor quibbles: Amusing, albeit unnecessary fridge-death reminder. No thanks. Black Ice/Guy Gardner posthumous conversation: been there, done that.

Positives: Everything else to the hundredth degree. Patrick Gleason is a superstar. Ironic there's a Star Trek reference, as this issue most reminded me of J.J. Abrams awesome rehash with all its colorful lighting, clever dialogue, and epically fantastic conditions and consequences.

It's apparent GLC's superhighlights outweigh the venial not-so-much situations.

4/5 Dove Bullets - There could be no better book to set-up Blackest Night's finale, could there?

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

106Green Lantern Corps - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:30 am

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Mad, chaotic and choc full o' Pop Culture references. That's how I likes my comix!

I saw the refrigerator and just had to go BWAAH HA HA!

I'm not a huge Original Star Trek fan but now I've just gotta check out season 3 episode 64! 'Go Tholian Web on their asses' indeed!

One of the minor irritations of Blackest Night is only finding out a character has died by seeing their BL version. Such was the case with Ice. I guess this just shows how slack DC have become with their attitude to killing off characters. Time was when even a minor supporting character died it was big news, now a former JLA member dies and half of us didn't even know! I'm hoping that Blackest Night is actually designed to do for character death in DC what Crisis on Infinite Earths was meant to do for the Multiverse and that the denoument of this epic will sort it all out.

107Green Lantern Corps - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:58 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:Mad, chaotic and choc full o' Pop Culture references. That's how I likes my comix!

I saw the refrigerator and just had to go BWAAH HA HA!

I'm not a huge Original Star Trek fan but now I've just gotta check out season 3 episode 64! 'Go Tholian Web on their asses' indeed!

One of the minor irritations of Blackest Night is only finding out a character has died by seeing their BL version. Such was the case with Ice. I guess this just shows how slack DC have become with their attitude to killing off characters. Time was when even a minor supporting character died it was big news, now a former JLA member dies and half of us didn't even know! I'm hoping that Blackest Night is actually designed to do for character death in DC what Crisis on Infinite Earths was meant to do for the Multiverse and that the denoument of this epic will sort it all out.

Season 3 of the original Trek is really not that great but I remember this episode being ok. I gotta agree with everything you said. It was a nice blend of all kinds of things I love. This was a fantastic issue.

108Green Lantern Corps - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:55 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

FANTASTIC issue! Blackest Night is what got me into reading GLC, and the book's so good, you bet I'll keep reading after it ends.

109Green Lantern Corps - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:21 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:FANTASTIC issue! Blackest Night is what got me into reading GLC, and the book's so good, you bet I'll keep reading after it ends.
This book has been awesome since #1 although I would say it really picked up with the Sinestro Corps War.

110Green Lantern Corps - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:34 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:
Okay I'm pretty confused about this Ice business. She died some time ago and more recently was brought back. Did she die again? When did this happen?

I totally enjoyed this issue and there was some fantastic scenes but seeing how good this issue looked is making me very disappointed that Patrick Gleason's leaving. He is so perfect for this book.

One major quibble - I felt like I missed storyline between Guy's confrontation with BL Ice and his finding the Anti-Monitor. It really felt like something was missing there and I actually flipped back to see if I'd accidentally skipped a page. I don't know it just felt like a jump without explanation.

111Green Lantern Corps - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:06 am

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Aussiemandias wrote:
Jherek wrote:
Okay I'm pretty confused about this Ice business. She died some time ago and more recently was brought back. Did she die again? When did this happen?

I totally enjoyed this issue and there was some fantastic scenes but seeing how good this issue looked is making me very disappointed that Patrick Gleason's leaving. He is so perfect for this book.

One major quibble - I felt like I missed storyline between Guy's confrontation with BL Ice and his finding the Anti-Monitor. It really felt like something was missing there and I actually flipped back to see if I'd accidentally skipped a page. I don't know it just felt like a jump without explanation.

Same here. I'm actually finding it hard to keep the plot continuity in my head from issue to issue. I think its because the arc is spread over so many titles with differing release schedules and they ALL count. Unlike most crossovers these days you pretty much do have to read them all to follow the story. So here's another minor quibble with Blackest Night - It manages to be both repetetive and convoluted and remain somehow unmissable. How does Johns do it? Green Lantern Corps - Page 5 334450

112Green Lantern Corps - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:23 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

Aussiemandias wrote:
She "died" the second time along with Superman, Wonder Woman, and all the other heroes that had been resurrected in the past when Nekron forced the BL rings onto them.

Remember, Guy doesn't know that happened, so for all he knows, she was killed and brought back as a BL.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

113Green Lantern Corps - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:10 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:
She "died" the second time along with Superman, Wonder Woman, and all the other heroes that had been resurrected in the past when Nekron forced the BL rings onto them.

Remember, Guy doesn't know that happened, so for all he knows, she was killed and brought back as a BL.
Yeah that makes sense and Guy was definitely not on Earth when Superman and co. were made into the "not dead" Black Lanterns. This makes me a little concerned about what happened at the end of Guy's scene with her. We know that the normal BLs can regenerate themselves and this is probably mostly to do with the fact that they're basically reanimated corpses. Guy appears to shatter Tora into pieces at the end of their confrontation, obviously thinking she's one of the normal Black Lanterns and that she died at some point that he didn't know about. I'm worried that it's possible Guy has actually killed Ice if it's the case that these not dead BLs can actually be killed as they're technically still alive. That could have a pretty shocking impact on him if that's the case.

114Green Lantern Corps - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:47 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern Corps #47 cover

Green Lantern Corps - Page 5 Glcor_cv47-copy

Wink

115Green Lantern Corps - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:30 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wonder if there will be any changes with Oa. It was in a pretty bad state the last time we saw it

116Green Lantern Corps - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:19 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:I wonder if there will be any changes with Oa. It was in a pretty bad state the last time we saw it

Not to mention the Guardians. What little credibility they had before Blackest Night is totally shot now.

117Green Lantern Corps - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:26 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Werd

118Green Lantern Corps - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:22 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#47 was hands down my pick for Book of the Week. Great characterizations. I'm sad to see Tomasi leave, but looking forward to what Bedard will do.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

119Green Lantern Corps - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:01 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:#47 was hands down my pick for Book of the Week. Great characterizations. I'm sad to see Tomasi leave, but looking forward to what Bedard will do.
I agree, the characters in this book are amazing! and I am really looking forward to the 3rd GL book as well

120Green Lantern Corps - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:13 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern Corps post event books had always been great. Take a look at the post Sinestro Corps War for a great story. This was no different. I loved the what happened with Vath and Isamot. That was interesting and very cool. Kilowog turning down training duty was also very interesting and gives him a reason to move over to the new series. Just like Guy, Arisia became my favorite Green Lantern with the punch heard around the Universe. I am glad the little blue meanies revoked the third law. I love how Salaak ripped into the Guaridans and well deserved too. I am curious to see where it all goes from here and I am even more curious as to Ganthet's relationship with the Guardians since he'll be just a Green Lantern and not a Guardian. Great issue.

121Green Lantern Corps - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:33 pm

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I have to say, I picked up GL Corps on a whim before Blackest Night started and its been part of my pull list ever since.

I really enjoyed #47 and all the character development that went on within the Corps. I forgot Tomasi was leaving this book, but I have faith that Bedard can step in keep the flow going.

http://www.twitter.com/theekenye

122Green Lantern Corps - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:44 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern Corps #47

Good issue that covered a lot of ground for a lot of characters. It started off a little boring with all the exposition, but things picked up after the cool tree memorial. I liked that Kilowog stepped down as instructor, leaves him open for more interesting stories. And I loved when the Lanterns busted into the Guardians' room and told em what's what. Those dudes need a nice dose of reality.

But what the hell was up with Vath? I understand he lost his legs so he's emotional, but sheesh the guy just cut off his legs to give them to you and you tell him off and punch him in the face? Talk about gratitude. Rolling Eyes

123Green Lantern Corps - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:48 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

GLC #47

This was an excellent swansong to the GLC from Tomasi and Gleason. These creators have consistently released one of DC's most exciting comics month after month. Without getting into specifics--'cause if you're a true GL fan, you'll get this--the issue sums up every key member's feelings about Blackest Night and opens up some interesting scenarios/status quos for the future. I'm sad to see this team leave the book, as I remain a skeptic 'til I hear otherwise. Or maybe that's just me wanting to trim my punch list. Smile

My favorite scene had to be the "leg-sharing." Wow, that was pretty goose-bump enducing...

4/5 Mogo Facial Leaves - Excellent way to finish a hell of a run.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

124Green Lantern Corps - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:51 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Review of #47 is up now on the main site.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=22512

Great issue!

125Green Lantern Corps - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:12 pm

Zeroskull21

Zeroskull21
Cadet
Cadet

Green Lantern Corps 47

Just picked this issue up, and I am liking it a lot. It doesn't have all that much action, but after Blackest Night, I like the slow down. The character building is really nice, all of the major players get some attention. The Leg transplant scene was incredibly creepy, and in my mind shows some conflict still lingering between Vath and Isamot.

Definitely looking forward to this run with the new team.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum