Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern Corps

+25
BlueMaxx
superdoug
Tom
Goof
Rath99
potatojoe
LOOSECANNON
Jherek
Debaser77
Aussiemandias
prescribeddrone
shiky800
comicgeekelly
shining knight
Nymn
Batman25JM
Fresh03
Sandman
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Dcrashman26
Bigtymin504
rwe1138
jaydee74
Mnemosis
LordD3r3k
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 10]

176Green Lantern Corps - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:29 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Good intro here for Hannu. Otherwise pretty standard next-to-last-issue-of-a-storyline issue.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

177Green Lantern Corps - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:03 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought this was good. The stuff with Ganthet was so interesting. Having him feel emotions is a fairly pretty cool thing to see and I am curious to see how this all ends. Overall though, I'm not as jazzed about this as I once was. I want to love all things Green Lantern but it's just lost a step or two since the writing change.

178Green Lantern Corps - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:01 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Green Lantern Corps #50

If Cyborg-Superman wants to die so badly why doesn't he just throw himself into the sun or something?

well now he is actually part kryptonian so i think the sun will only make him stronger.

179Green Lantern Corps - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:17 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern Corps #51

This book is just not what it was when Tomasi was on it. It's gone from awesome to run of the mill.

The only bit I actually liked was Hannu.

The last page was awful. I love the oath, but that's not how you should end and issue, at least not one like this. If you want to end with the oath you do it mid battle against a major enemy when all hope seems lost. Not with the GLs just standing around. It was VERY boring.

180Green Lantern Corps - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:28 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Green Lantern Corps #51

This book is just not what it was when Tomasi was on it. It's gone from awesome to run of the mill.

To be fair, Tomasi had a series defining run. Those are pretty rare to come by and even harder to follow up on.

That said, I don't think Bedard is doing anything wrong here necessarily, we've just been spoiled Wink

181Green Lantern Corps - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:31 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:

To be fair, Tomasi had a series defining run. Those are pretty rare to come by and even harder to follow up on.

That said, I don't think Bedard is doing anything wrong here necessarily, we've just been spoiled Wink

I agree. The issue as a whole (as well as the run so far) isn't the worst thing ever, it's just nowhere near what Tomasi was doing. Going from some of the best GL stuff out there to just standard stuff is a jarring transition.

182Green Lantern Corps - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:41 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
I agree. The issue as a whole (as well as the run so far) isn't the worst thing ever, it's just nowhere near what Tomasi was doing. Going from some of the best GL stuff out there to just standard stuff is a jarring transition.

Yeah, I hear that

183Green Lantern Corps - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:44 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:

This.

184Green Lantern Corps - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:02 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's Green Lantern so I do like it. Not as much as the Tomasi stuff but I like where some of this stuff is going and I am really curious as to what's going to happen to the Alpha Lanterns by the end of this story. I am also looking forward tot he Weaponer.

185Green Lantern Corps - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:34 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I like where some of this stuff is going and I am really curious as to what's going to happen to the Alpha Lanterns by the end of this story. I am also looking forward tot he Weaponer.

Yeah, I mean there's some interesting stuff happening here, but I can definitely understand where some people feel the writing doesn't have that same hook

186Green Lantern Corps - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:37 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

I trust Bedard. His Exiles run took a little while to build up steam, but once he hit his stride, it was one of my favorite books.

187Green Lantern Corps - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:44 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have a good feeling that this is all going to lead somewhere interesting and I can see each issue getting a bit better than the next and I am looking forward to seeing what these characters are in store for.

188Green Lantern Corps - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:46 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm really curious as to why the white construct didn't dissipate

189Green Lantern Corps - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:57 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The white construct has me very intrigued and I am also curious as to why it's still around.

190Green Lantern Corps - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:54 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

At a panel (I believe in San Diego), Geoff said that WL constructs don't fade away like the rest of them do.

191Green Lantern Corps - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:25 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I find that very interesting.

It'd be kinda cool if the white constructs are somehow alive.

192Green Lantern Corps - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:52 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^I find that very interesting.

very cool and it makes sence too

193Green Lantern Corps - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:36 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^I find that very interesting.

That would make a ton of sense. And be fantastic and awesome. At the same time.

194Green Lantern Corps - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:44 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:

Hmmm...well I don't like it. If Bedard got in a time machine back to the 70s or 80s I think his writing style would fit right in there but now I just feel like there's absolutely no subtlety to his work. He pretty much hits you over the head with stuff (eg. the last page).

As far as being spoiled goes, well I pay to be spoiled so next issue will be my last and I'll hopefully get spoiled by Tomasi over on the Emerald Warriors book.

195Green Lantern Corps - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:31 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:As far as being spoiled goes, well I pay to be spoiled so next issue will be my last and I'll hopefully get spoiled by Tomasi over on the Emerald Warriors book.

I hear ya buddy, I by no means expect you to keep buying something that falls below your standards. I was just saying that I think the change is more jarring coming off the level of greatness the run was

196Green Lantern Corps - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:09 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:As far as being spoiled goes, well I pay to be spoiled so next issue will be my last and I'll hopefully get spoiled by Tomasi over on the Emerald Warriors book.

I hear ya buddy, I by no means expect you to keep buying something that falls below your standards. I was just saying that I think the change is more jarring coming off the level of greatness the run was

Yeah very true.

Actually I think Tomasi's run has been overshadowed by Johns over the last couple of years. For me, though, there's been plenty of times I've actually enjoyed GL Corps more than GL! I don't think Tomasi is given enough credit as the co-architect of a lot of the GL popularity that exists now.

197Green Lantern Corps - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:17 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:Actually I think Tomasi's run has been overshadowed by Johns over the last couple of years. For me, though, there's been plenty of times I've actually enjoyed GL Corps more than GL! I don't think Tomasi is given enough credit as the co-architect of a lot of the GL popularity that exists now.

I think GLC was more action packed whereas GL did alot of character building and setup. Frankly, I enjoyed the hell out of both Laughing

198Green Lantern Corps - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:22 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Same here. I am bias though. Green Lantern as a franchise is awesome.

199Green Lantern Corps - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:30 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Speaking of GLC though, I loved what Tomasi did with Mongul. It was just badass

200Green Lantern Corps - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:31 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Speaking of GLC though, I loved what Tomasi did with Mongul. It was just badass
He was very awesome. I want to see more of him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum