Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern Corps

+25
BlueMaxx
superdoug
Tom
Goof
Rath99
potatojoe
LOOSECANNON
Jherek
Debaser77
Aussiemandias
prescribeddrone
shiky800
comicgeekelly
shining knight
Nymn
Batman25JM
Fresh03
Sandman
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Dcrashman26
Bigtymin504
rwe1138
jaydee74
Mnemosis
LordD3r3k
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 10]

226Green Lantern Corps - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:50 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That should be an amazing battle royal. I'm looking forward to that.

227Green Lantern Corps - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:40 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#56 was good, especially if you're a Sinestro fan.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

228Green Lantern Corps - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:16 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:#56 was good, especially if you're a Sinestro fan.

Agreed. He's become a complete badass since SCW and I'm loving it

229Green Lantern Corps - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:41 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I want to start with my one and I think only gripe for this issue and it's the fact that the first time we see John along with Ganthet, Bookida and Hanuu, he someone forgot to put his GL symbol and he looks like a rookie. Kind of a careless mistake in my book. Other than that, this book really took the series up a notch. Bedard is really stepping up his game in this issue and he writes an amazing Sinestro. The last page of this issue though? Wow. I can't wait to get the next issue. Well done.

230Green Lantern Corps - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:44 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

GLC #55 & #56

These were okay. Better than previous issues, but I still have some problems with them.

231Green Lantern Corps - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:46 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ like what?

232Green Lantern Corps - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:13 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Well, I think Ganthet telling the story of his pact with Guy and Atrocitus in the middle of the battlefield was a bit ridiculous.

The dialog also seems a bit off to me. I can't really put my finger on it, but I just don't dig it. It's not awful, but it's certainly not my favorite.

For the most part I like the art, however, I think there was a mistake and Arkillo was draw with his tongue in his mouth. Either that, or it was the other Sinestro Corp member who looks a LOT like Arkillo. I have a hard time telling them apart in the book.

233Green Lantern Corps - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:49 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Batman25JM wrote:For the most part I like the art, however, I think there was a mistake and Arkillo was draw with his tongue in his mouth. Either that, or it was the other Sinestro Corp member who looks a LOT like Arkillo. I have a hard time telling them apart in the book.
You're right, that was Arkillo. But was it ever said somewhere his species couldn't regrow their tongues?

234Green Lantern Corps - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:00 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^Well, I think Ganthet telling the story of his pact with Guy and Atrocitus in the middle of the battlefield was a bit ridiculous.

For the most part I like the art, however, I think there was a mistake and Arkillo was draw with his tongue in his mouth. Either that, or it was the other Sinestro Corp member who looks a LOT like Arkillo. I have a hard time telling them apart in the book.

I hear you about the battlefield talk. That always annoys me whenever I see that. "Let me tell you about my life story while I throw this punch!"

There was someone there who did look like Arkillo, for the record. But you're right, the scenes with Arkillo did not have his tongue around his neck like previously seen. Then again, he didn't speak either so we don't know if it's been regrown/reattached. The artist just may not have drawn it.

235Green Lantern Corps - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:26 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:For the most part I like the art, however, I think there was a mistake and Arkillo was draw with his tongue in his mouth. Either that, or it was the other Sinestro Corp member who looks a LOT like Arkillo. I have a hard time telling them apart in the book.
You're right, that was Arkillo. But was it ever said somewhere his species couldn't regrow their tongues?

I don't think that was ever said, and I would like him to have a tongue again to be able to speak, but if that did happen it would have been nice for at least a line of dialogue saying it happened.

LordD3r3k wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:^Well, I think Ganthet telling the story of his pact with Guy and Atrocitus in the middle of the battlefield was a bit ridiculous.

I hear you about the battlefield talk. That always annoys me whenever I see that. "Let me tell you about my life story while I throw this punch!"

There was someone there who did look like Arkillo, for the record. But you're right, the scenes with Arkillo did not have his tongue around his neck like previously seen. Then again, he didn't speak either so we don't know if it's been regrown/reattached. The artist just may not have drawn it.

Yeah, it wasn't around his neck, and I did see it in his mouth. It could have been reattached or it could have regrown, but again, if that happened it would have been nice for them to just state it. It's the kind of thing that shouldn't have to just be assumed.

236Green Lantern Corps - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:54 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ If anything, I'd say it's an artist error. Having his tongue ripped out was a pretty big deal, and I'd think any development on that end would be given some light

237Green Lantern Corps - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:00 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I agree. I chalked it up to artist error when I saw it.

238Green Lantern Corps - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:18 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think I am in the same boat as Batman25JM is at with a lot of his books. I want to love this book a whole lot more than I do. It's Green Lantern for goodness sake! I don't hate the book but there are times where I just feel the characterizations are off and just a thing here and there that take me out of the story. Of the three GL books right now, this is easily the weakest of the bunch but I like it a whole lot more than other titles and it's Green Lantern. GREEN LANTERN! That means it will always be in my pile of comic stuff.

239Green Lantern Corps - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:45 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^That really is where I am with a lot of my books. I want to love some of them more, but I just don't. They're okay, but not fantastic, and I stick with them because I love the characters.

I think average books are worse than horrible books. With average books I can see their potential, but they just don't reach them, and I stick with them because I hope they will get better. With horrible books they suck and I can more easily drop them.

GLC is a fair book. There's much worse stuff out there, but there are better things as well. I'm sticking with it because I don't hate it, and because I'm getting the other GL books.

240Green Lantern Corps - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:48 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I get it because it Green Lantern. I know I'm biased but when I see these characters, I feel compelled to get the book. I don't think it's the worst thing in the world but it could be so much better. I'm hoping that it does get better because I hear such amazing things about R.E.B.E.L.S and I thought that was more or less DC in space so I thought this would be something up Bedard's alley. So far? Not so much but again, it could be a lot worse.

241Green Lantern Corps - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:05 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yes

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

242Green Lantern Corps - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:07 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Nice guest-spot for Firestorm in #57. The Weaponer's decision to join the Sinestro Corps totally came out of nowhere, though. Oh well, onto the War!

243Green Lantern Corps - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:28 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I also liked the Firestorm cameo and the Weaponer joining the Corps seemed a bit out of left field and not something I would have liked to have seen but whatever I guess. I'm ready for Green Lanterns to fight.

244Green Lantern Corps - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:00 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

GLC #57

Meh. This was just mediocre. I do agree, the Weaponer's decision to join the Sinestro Corps did come out of nowhere.

245Green Lantern Corps - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:39 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I completely disagree about the Weaponers choice coming from nowhere. His whole shtick was that he wanted to be recognized by Sinestro. What greater recognition is there than being asked to join his Corps? He finally earned Sinestro's respect, which was the exact thing he was craving. I thought that was a great scene, especially with Natu's comments about him corrupting everything he touches.

And then his response back to her, "You do know that if you were hurt in any way, I'd turn this planet to dust.", classic Sinestro.

This arc had some bumps, but there were some great moments as well. I enjoyed it.

246Green Lantern Corps - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:21 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:I completely disagree about the Weaponers choice coming from nowhere. His whole shtick was that he wanted to be recognized by Sinestro. What greater recognition is there than being asked to join his Corps? He finally earned Sinestro's respect, which was the exact thing he was craving. I thought that was a great scene, especially with Natu's comments about him corrupting everything he touches.

And then his response back to her, "You do know that if you were hurt in any way, I'd turn this planet to dust.", classic Sinestro.

This arc had some bumps, but there were some great moments as well. I enjoyed it.
yes

247Green Lantern Corps - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:I completely disagree about the Weaponers choice coming from nowhere. His whole shtick was that he wanted to be recognized by Sinestro. What greater recognition is there than being asked to join his Corps? He finally earned Sinestro's respect, which was the exact thing he was craving. I thought that was a great scene, especially with Natu's comments about him corrupting everything he touches.

yes
yes yes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum