Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern Corps

+25
BlueMaxx
superdoug
Tom
Goof
Rath99
potatojoe
LOOSECANNON
Jherek
Debaser77
Aussiemandias
prescribeddrone
shiky800
comicgeekelly
shining knight
Nymn
Batman25JM
Fresh03
Sandman
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Dcrashman26
Bigtymin504
rwe1138
jaydee74
Mnemosis
LordD3r3k
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 10]

126Green Lantern Corps - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:25 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Welcome, Zeroskull! I've flown through your great city many times now =D

127Green Lantern Corps - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:29 pm

Zeroskull21

Zeroskull21
Cadet
Cadet

Thank you for the welcome. Looking forward to talking about all sorts of geekery here.

128Green Lantern Corps - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:17 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^^ Well look who got themselves an account.

129Green Lantern Corps - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:16 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:But what the hell was up with Vath? I understand he lost his legs so he's emotional, but sheesh the guy just cut off his legs to give them to you and you tell him off and punch him in the face? Talk about gratitude. Rolling Eyes

This stems from the war between Rann and Thanagar. A real world comparison would be the constant feud between Israel and Palestine. Imagine one receiving a transplant from the other, they'd probably consider themselves 'contaminated' or some such. Not to mention, these two came together because their mutual roles as GL's, but when they were first paired they nearly tried to kill each other.

They've developed a mutual respect, but some old habits die hard Wink

130Green Lantern Corps - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:21 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:But what the hell was up with Vath? I understand he lost his legs so he's emotional, but sheesh the guy just cut off his legs to give them to you and you tell him off and punch him in the face? Talk about gratitude. Rolling Eyes

This stems from the war between Rann and Thanagar. A real world comparison would be the constant feud between Israel and Palestine. Imagine one receiving a transplant from the other, they'd probably consider themselves 'contaminated' or some such. Not to mention, these two came together because their mutual roles as GL's, but when they were first paired they nearly tried to kill each other.

They've developed a mutual respect, but some old habits die hard Wink

Yeah I hear ya...still a douchey move though. Laughing

131Green Lantern Corps - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:23 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Yeah I hear ya...still a douchey move though. Laughing

Oh absolutely Laughing

132Green Lantern Corps - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sat May 01, 2010 6:42 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern Corps #47

I loved this issue. I'm so sad to see Tomasi and Gleason leave this book. I wish they were staying.

I am looking forward to Tomasi's new book, but I'm ticked that I have to wait until August.

133Green Lantern Corps - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sat May 01, 2010 8:47 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Green Lantern Corps post event books had always been great. Take a look at the post Sinestro Corps War for a great story. This was no different. I loved the what happened with Vath and Isamot. That was interesting and very cool. Kilowog turning down training duty was also very interesting and gives him a reason to move over to the new series. Just like Guy, Arisia became my favorite Green Lantern with the punch heard around the Universe. I am glad the little blue meanies revoked the third law. I love how Salaak ripped into the Guaridans and well deserved too. I am curious to see where it all goes from here and I am even more curious as to Ganthet's relationship with the Guardians since he'll be just a Green Lantern and not a Guardian. Great issue.
Agree with all your comments here.

What an excellent issue this was and a great way to say goodbye to Tomasi and Gleason. I think those two guys have been excellent on this book. Tomasi really nailed the characterisation that was required for managing a book with such a large cast and Gleason...well he is just damn good at drawing aliens which would have to be a prerequisite for drawing GLC. I am very disappointed to see them leaving and I've not liked much I've read by Bedard at all so the jury's out for me on how he'll go.

I think it needs to be recognised that Tomasi and Gleason have had one of the top runs on GLC.

134Green Lantern Corps - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed May 26, 2010 7:45 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#48 was good. I dug Syaf & Cifuentes' art more than Bedard's story. But writing pays of in the long run, so I'm fine with being patient.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

135Green Lantern Corps - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu May 27, 2010 1:39 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern Corps #48

I enjoyed this. It wasn't a jarring difference from Tomasi, so that was good.

I loved the art. Great stuff.

I'm really liking Ganthet being a GL. This should prove interesting.

The one thing that threw me was Salaak saying "my Guardians". That just felt weird to me. Has he ever done something like this before? It's just that after the last issue, it felt off. I don't know.

136Green Lantern Corps - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sat May 29, 2010 11:01 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The writing was ok here, it didn't wow me, but there's alot of interesting setup here. Definitely still on board for seeing how this all plays out. I'm really curious to see what Ganthet has up his sleeve.

137Green Lantern Corps - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sun May 30, 2010 10:27 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Green Lantern Corps #48
The one thing that threw me was Salaak saying "my Guardians". That just felt weird to me. Has he ever done something like this before? It's just that after the last issue, it felt off. I don't know.
Yes. Salaak is just a tad more devoted to the Guardians than the others. He spent his entire career as sort of a personal assistant to them so it makes sense. I liked this issue as well. Ganthet as a GL is interesting and I am very curious about the pact between Ganthet, Guy and Atrocitus. Should be some fun times.

138Green Lantern Corps - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sun May 30, 2010 2:14 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Yeah, I know that Salaak is more devoted, but that line still felt off. Especially after his little speech last issue.

139Green Lantern Corps - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Mon May 31, 2010 8:56 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^Yeah, I know that Salaak is more devoted, but that line still felt off. Especially after his little speech last issue.
It didn't to me. Just because he told the Guardians "what's what", doesn't mean he's not going to address them with the respect he feels they deserve.

140Green Lantern Corps - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Mon May 31, 2010 2:28 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Fair enough. I've just never heard him say "my Guardians" before. I've heard him address them with respect, but never with that amount of ass kissing.

141Green Lantern Corps - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Mon May 31, 2010 6:45 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern Corps #48

Pretty solid first issue for the new writer. Cool to see Ganthet an official Lantern. And I'm interested in what's going on with this Alpha Lantern business...they seem to be spreading like an infection. Suspect

142Green Lantern Corps - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Mon May 31, 2010 6:46 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Green Lantern Corps #48

Pretty solid first issue for the new writer. Cool to see Ganthet an official Lantern. And I'm interested in what's going on with this Alpha Lantern business...they seem to be spreading like an infection. Suspect

They seemed like bad news from the start. Another notch in the belt of bad ideas from the Guardians Laughing

143Green Lantern Corps - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Mon May 31, 2010 6:47 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:Green Lantern Corps #48

They seemed like bad news from the start. Another notch in the belt of bad ideas from the Guardians Laughing

Tell me about it. Rolling Eyes I'm surprised there hasn't been a revolt against their leadership after BN, was hoping there would be...

144Green Lantern Corps - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Mon May 31, 2010 6:50 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Tell me about it. Rolling Eyes I'm surprised there hasn't been a revolt against their leadership after BN, was hoping there would be...

Seems like that still may be the case with what Ganthet is planning. Judging from that preview in GL, whatever it is doesn't bode well for the Corps/Guardians

145Green Lantern Corps - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Mon May 31, 2010 6:55 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:Tell me about it. Rolling Eyes I'm surprised there hasn't been a revolt against their leadership after BN, was hoping there would be...

Seems like that still may be the case with what Ganthet is planning. Judging from that preview in GL, whatever it is doesn't bode well for the Corps/Guardians

Yeah I definitely hope it's something involving that. Also very curious why they say Hal will be pissed about their plans.

146Green Lantern Corps - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Mon May 31, 2010 7:17 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Yeah I definitely hope it's something involving that. Also very curious why they say Hal will be pissed about their plans.

Well, Hal truly believes in the Corps, even though he may disagree with the Guardians. So if Ganthet and crew are trying to disrupt the Corps in some way, then Hal may not take too kindly to that

147Green Lantern Corps - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Mon May 31, 2010 7:22 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^True. Radical change may be afoot. unsure

148Green Lantern Corps - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:15 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:The writing was ok here, it didn't wow me, but there's alot of interesting setup here. Definitely still on board for seeing how this all plays out. I'm really curious to see what Ganthet has up his sleeve.

I wasn't totally taken by Bedard's work here but I have to admit that I haven't actually liked his writing when I've read it elsewhere so I may be judging a little early. Anyway, I'm not stopping getting the title anytime soon so I'll give him a chance.

I did have one problem though - Ganthet has to hand in a formal resignation from the Guardians like it's some sort of bureaucracy? Really, it all seemed a little mundane. I'm sure there could have been a much better way of doing that scene that was more appropriate to the types of beings these are.

149Green Lantern Corps - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:12 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I dropped this title because of the writing change...bad move?

It's getting mixed--mostly just decent--reviews...

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

150Green Lantern Corps - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:14 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:I dropped this title because of the writing change...bad move?

It's getting mixed--mostly just decent--reviews...

It's not a bad start, but nothing mindblowing. Could lead to some interesting developments though

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum