Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern Corps

+25
BlueMaxx
superdoug
Tom
Goof
Rath99
potatojoe
LOOSECANNON
Jherek
Debaser77
Aussiemandias
prescribeddrone
shiky800
comicgeekelly
shining knight
Nymn
Batman25JM
Fresh03
Sandman
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Dcrashman26
Bigtymin504
rwe1138
jaydee74
Mnemosis
LordD3r3k
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 10]

201Green Lantern Corps - Page 9 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:19 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just read the most current issue. I liked that the issue was narrated by Boodikka. I had always like her as a GL and never liked her change into a Alpha Lantern. I thought the way this ended was pretty good. I enjoyed how the Lanterns came together and I like that group are now Honor Guards. It seems that this group will be the main cast of this book with the other Lanterns as background characters. I'm pretty interested in seeing where this goes and the interactions with the characters.

202Green Lantern Corps - Page 9 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:33 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Agreed. #52 was pretty good.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

203Green Lantern Corps - Page 9 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:34 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is still my least favorite of the Green Lantern titles but that doesn't say much since I love all thing Green Lantern. I have got a lot of hopes for this title to get back on track.

204Green Lantern Corps - Page 9 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:09 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern Corps #52

This was okay. It was middle of the road in terms of quality. It was just your standard comic book. It wasn't great, but it wasn't abysmal.

I'm glad that the Alpha Lanterns have their minds/personalities back, but I wish they'd get their old bodies back. I was never really a fan of the Alpha Lanterns, and I think they look kind of silly with the power batteries in their chests.

I hope this next arc improves in quality.

205Green Lantern Corps - Page 9 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:35 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought it was better than your standard comic. This issue I think set the tone for future arcs. We are now getting a sense of who this book is going to focus on and that they are all going to be a group of honor guard Lanterns. I think the character interaction between these honor guards are going to be very interesting and I believe with the next story arc involving the Weaponer, it should be very interesting.

206Green Lantern Corps - Page 9 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:19 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

#52 is my last issue. I'm afraid I just don't like Bedard's writing. I find it mediocre. This book was one of my favourites and now I find it just a run-of-the-mill comic. And I've decided to stick to reading comics by writers I like rather than getting them for the sake of it so time's up for this one. Emerald Warriors is great so I'm happy to be sticking with that one and the main GL book.

207Green Lantern Corps - Page 9 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:06 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#53 was Bedard's best issue so far, IMHO. The Weaponer could be a cool new addition to the GLC rogues gallery.

And am I the only one who gets flashes of Disney's Aladdin whenever Sinestro calls Kyle an "alley rat?" Laughing

208Green Lantern Corps - Page 9 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:53 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked this issue quite a bit. I thought the scene with Kyle and the Sinestro Corps members was very good. Kyle is a Green Lantern and a damn good one at that and any Sinestro Corps member who thinks otherwise is going to get his ass handed to him. I don't have a problem with Kyle's fight with "The Weaponer". This guy made Sinestro's ring and the origin of Sinestro's ring is pretty bad ass and while I'm not sure he has yet used the white lantern construct yet, he does have it so that might also be playing a part in Kyle's difficulties in facing the dude. I would have liked Kyle to have attempted to recruit Sinestro in a tougher manner than what he did but wow, did he clock him good and the next issue looks to be fantastic. Kyle vs. Sinestro. I'm so there.

rwe1138 wrote:And am I the only one who gets flashes of Disney's Aladdin whenever Sinestro calls Kyle an "alley rat?" Laughing
Not at all. I think it's pretty hilarious.

209Green Lantern Corps - Page 9 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:54 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Agreed on the above comments, I think this issue is already much improved from the last arc. If anyone recently dropped this, I encourage you to give this issue another chance

210Green Lantern Corps - Page 9 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:04 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Weaponer is one bad ass dude. I mean, did you read how he powered Sinestro's ring? I mean, c'mon son! That was so hardcore what he did there.

211Green Lantern Corps - Page 9 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:08 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:The Weaponer is one bad ass dude. I mean, did you read how he powered Sinestro's ring? I mean, c'mon son! That was so hardcore what he did there.

Indeed. This arc definitely has potential

212Green Lantern Corps - Page 9 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:02 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

GLC #53

I definitely think this was the best issue of Bedard's run. I didn't LOVE it, but it was decent enough.

I was bugged that the Sinestro Corps rings looked like ordinary rings, and didn't have the symbol on them.

jaydee74 wrote:
rwe1138 wrote:And am I the only one who gets flashes of Disney's Aladdin whenever Sinestro calls Kyle an "alley rat?" Laughing
Not at all. I think it's pretty hilarious.

I get flashes of it too. I LOVE Disney's Aladdin, so I like it.

213Green Lantern Corps - Page 9 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:45 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#54 was good, but felt really short for some reason.

214Green Lantern Corps - Page 9 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:15 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked this issue but it also bothered me. I was very let down by the Kyle/Sinestro fight. Nothing like how I imagined it to be and I'm not 100% convinced the writer truly gets Kyle's character. Not bad though. I could see how Kyle Rayner fans would be unimpressed which is the feeling I've been getting.

215Green Lantern Corps - Page 9 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:17 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

GLC #54

Meh. Not great, not horrible.

I like the art for the most part, but the fact that the artist draws the rings like regular rings half the time irritates me.

The Kyle/Sinestro fight was a letdown. And Kyle just seemed a little off. Oh well.

216Green Lantern Corps - Page 9 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:35 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:GLC #54

Meh. Not great, not horrible.

I like the art for the most part, but the fact that the artist draws the rings like regular rings half the time irritates me.

The Kyle/Sinestro fight was a letdown. And Kyle just seemed a little off. Oh well.

Looking at the book a second time and noticing how the artist draws the ring kind of annoys me as well. He doesn't know how to put emblems on them or something? The Kyle/Sinestro fight was the biggest letdown for me with the whole book. I was just annoyed by it. As for how Kyle is written. Just forget what you know. I don't think the writer truly gets the Kyle character so I wouldn't count on getting a Kyle Rayner that resembles the awesome character that had been in Green Lantern Corps. I kind of wish Tomasi brougth Kyle with him to Emerald Warriors. Guy and Kyle together in that book would have been awesome.

217Green Lantern Corps - Page 9 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:57 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I guess I enjoyed the issue more than you guys. I wasn't disappointed in the Kyle/Sinestro fight at all. I'm glad Sinestro whooped his ass. It makes more sense than Kyle beating him because, IMO, Kyle is not a hand-to-hand fighter. Kyle is creative, imaginative, fearless, which makes him a great GL.. but he's not going to punch out a military veteran like Sinestro. THAT would have pissed me off. Plus, it just reinforces the great presence Johns brought to the character during SCW.

218Green Lantern Corps - Page 9 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:14 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not upset that Kyle lost. He should have lost. I'm upset at how quick it was. I guess from what I heard at the NYCC, the fight between the two was supposed to be longer and it didn't meet expectations. Not that I'm complaining too much about it but as Kyle said before, it looked like Batman trained him a bit and I would imagine he got some fighting tips from Donna when they were dating. I just thought Kyle would have put up a bit more of a fight. Other than that, it wasn't a bad issue at all.

219Green Lantern Corps - Page 9 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:24 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I'm not upset that Kyle lost. He should have lost. I'm upset at how quick it was. I guess from what I heard at the NYCC, the fight between the two was supposed to be longer and it didn't meet expectations. Not that I'm complaining too much about it but as Kyle said before, it looked like Batman trained him a bit and I would imagine he got some fighting tips from Donna when they were dating. I just thought Kyle would have put up a bit more of a fight. Other than that, it wasn't a bad issue at all.

Even if they showed Kyle fighting techniques, it doesn't necessarily mean he'll be as good as them, or perform them perfectly. And perhaps Sinestro beating him so easily was just a nod in regards that Sinestro is no pushover. If what you say is true, I just don't get why all these people are so upset. Were they expecting a 22 page slobberknocker? Rolling Eyes

220Green Lantern Corps - Page 9 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:59 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

unsure Um, yes? neutral

221Green Lantern Corps - Page 9 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:58 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bah! Laughing

222Green Lantern Corps - Page 9 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:11 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing

All I'm saying is that from what I had heard from the news at NYCC, the Kyle/Sinestro fight was hyped up to being something a lot more than it was. That's why it kind of bothered me a bit. I still thought it ended the way it should have but like I said, it had been hyped up into being something a lot more than it was which threw me for a loop I guess. Oh well. Still liked the issue though.

223Green Lantern Corps - Page 9 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:13 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

I never saw that NYCC bit, so I was fine with the fight. And yeah, Batman & Donna might've helped out with Kyle's training, but has he kept up with it? It's been a fair amount of time since then (it's hard to gauge time-passage, as usual, but it's at least been a over a year since he left the JLA before Infinite Crisis), and he's been consistently relying on his ring-slinging in most cases (dumb-ass, out-of-character punches at Deathstroke aside Rolling Eyes), so those skills might've atrophied.

224Green Lantern Corps - Page 9 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:37 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I heard that bit of information from someone who went to the Green Lantern panel but I don't disagree with the fact that Kyle would not win a fight against Sinestro. I was just expecting a bit more I guess.

225Green Lantern Corps - Page 9 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:14 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#55 was decent. Next issue should be a nice four-way smackdown with the GLs vs. the Weaponer vs. Quardians vs. the Sinestro Corps.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum