Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

WHO DAT SAY THEY GON' BEAT THEM SAINTS?!!

+12
shiky800
(._Y_.)
jaydee74
Ric Magnum
Heytherejeffro
Off_White_Lantern
hrdwrkngXsoldier
DickGrayson007
Rath99
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Thundermatts
Bigtymin504
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well the dropped ball at the end that was called a catch certainly helped them, and a bogus pass int call. Sometimes I just wish that it was a kicker shoot out for overtime. Just start at the 10 yard line and move back 5 yards until one of them misses. At least it wouldn't take a season's worth of work and deduct it to a coin flip.

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:Well the dropped ball at the end that was called a catch certainly helped them, and a bogus pass int call. Sometimes I just wish that it was a kicker shoot out for overtime. Just start at the 10 yard line and move back 5 yards until one of them misses. At least it wouldn't take a season's worth of work and deduct it to a coin flip.
It was a catch. You might want to check it out again, he had control of the ball. And don't get me started on bogus pass interference calls, the Vikings got quite a few of those in their favor last night.

But I totally agree about overtime rules needing a change. Its stupid that everything rides on a coin flip. The NFL should go college rules for overtime, its the most fair way to go IMO.

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It doesn't ride on a coin flip. Defenses exsist for a reason. Play some D.

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:It doesn't ride on a coin flip. Defenses exsist for a reason. Play some D.
Yeah I get that argument...but still I think both teams should get a chance to score on offense. The offense is always at an advantage in overtime cuz all they have to do is get in field goal range. I still think college rules overtime is the best way to go.

105WHO DAT SAY THEY GON' BEAT THEM SAINTS?!! - Page 5 Empty Re: WHO DAT SAY THEY GON' BEAT THEM SAINTS?!! Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:30 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I thought it was a very good game. Ovetime and all. Well done Saints.
Thundermatts wrote:Yeah congrats to the Saint's and their fans. I may have my issues with the town and their citizens after seeing how a select few conducted themselves after Katrina, but first time ever to a Super Bowl, that's pretty big.

And man oh man, what an awesome game, it was exciting lol. When I didn't really have any stake in the outcome, it still managed ot be a nail biter. A few questionable calls from the officials that helped out both teams, which is becoming an all too common occurence for my taste, but otherwise a great game.
Thanks guys!

T-Matts, lemme just say that don't judge the city based off a few things you saw or heard might have happened after Katrina on the news. The media loves to latch onto the negative in any story, so don't believe the hype. The VAST majority of people in New Orleans are great people that have been through alot and stuck through it. I mean, 4 years ago this city was absolutely devastated like we've never seen in US history. Trust me, I lived it, I lost my house and basically everything I owned and had to start all over. Yes, New Orleans has it problems, largely due to poverty. But after what we've been through I think its pretty damn impressive how far we've come and how close knit the city has become post-Katrina.

thumbs up

Congrats to the Saints and the fine people of New Orleans. Well deserved.

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote: thumbs up

Congrats to the Saints and the fine people of New Orleans. Well deserved.

Thanks man! Very Happy

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Peyton playing dad's team should be fun to watch.

I think that a kicking shoot-out would be great, it is one of my 3 ways to make kickers even more relevent in games. The other is that if they put it through the uprights on kick-off then they get 2 points, but the other team still gets the ball at the 20. The third one involves a hairless cat, gumbo, KY, and barb wire... but man is it awesome.

They can't go to college rules because that would kill some of the suspense of the 4th quarter. They can't play a full quarter either. The coin-flip induces a sense of drama or something, but both teams have a D-fense why should only one get to have a go at it.

I also say if you have 5 turn-overs you don't deserve to win anyway.

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:I think that a kicking shoot-out would be great, it is one of my 3 ways to make kickers even more relevent in games. The other is that if they put it through the uprights on kick-off then they get 2 points, but the other team still gets the ball at the 20. The third one involves a hairless cat, gumbo, KY, and barb wire... but man is it awesome.

They can't go to college rules because that would kill some of the suspense of the 4th quarter. They can't play a full quarter either. The coin-flip induces a sense of drama or something, but both teams have a D-fense why should only one get to have a go at it.

I actually think your kicking shootout idea would be worse than what we have now though. That puts the ENTIRE game on the foot of kickers, rather than the actual players. I'm not down for that.

With college rules overtime, both teams' offense and defense see the field and get to decide the outcome of the game. Maybe the NFL could tweak the format a bit, but the general premise should be the same. I think its the fairest most logical way to do it. And I'm not sure why you say it wouldn't be suspenseful...have you seen a college overtime? That shit is freakin exciting!

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

but college changed the time clock rules which sped up the game a lot as well, and the OT works for them, pros don't want to be on the field that long, more of a chance for injury.

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Also my idea would make kickers more important, and I'm all for that. Seeing a kicker go in the first round every year would be great, they are football players too ya know. Wink

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No, they aren't.

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Anything that makes the kicker more important is a bad idea! Kick and get the hell off the field!

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm talking kickers not punters.

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No, they aren't.

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:but college changed the time clock rules which sped up the game a lot as well, and the OT works for them, pros don't want to be on the field that long, more of a chance for injury.
That could be a decent point, although I'm not sure how much longer college overtimes last than NFL overtimes on average, it can't be that much longer. But like I said, the NFL could tweak the system to fit their league. I say give both sides of the ball on both teams a chance to decide the outcome of the game.

But I doubt it will ever happen anyway. Rolling Eyes

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The NFL knows the overtime system sucks. It sucks on purpose. They don't want teams to go into overtime. They want people to make the last minute exciting and go for the win. Less than half an hour of game time is actually the game being played. it's true look it up, one game was less than 12 minutes of ball in play time. THey need mroe things like the overtime rules ot keep the game from being so god damn boring for forty plus minutes. I've heard some people are pushing for one huddle every four downs, and a shorter play clock.

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Go Saints!

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

(._Y_.) wrote:Go Saints!
thumbs up

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Saw this somewhere and thought it was cool...

This will be the 44th Superbowl, Obama is the 44th President, there are 44 days from Christmas to the Super Bowl, the Saints franchise is 44 years old, on Super Bowl Sunday it will be 4 years and 4 months since Katrina, and the Saints beat the Vikings 4 minutes and 44 seconds into overtime.

Wink

120WHO DAT SAY THEY GON' BEAT THEM SAINTS?!! - Page 5 Empty Re: WHO DAT SAY THEY GON' BEAT THEM SAINTS?!! Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:14 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Only this time the Colts will score 44 points and the saints will have 4 turnovers Wink

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

tongue

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is the jam in N'awlins right now!

Counting down to kickoff! big grin

123WHO DAT SAY THEY GON' BEAT THEM SAINTS?!! - Page 5 Empty Re: WHO DAT SAY THEY GON' BEAT THEM SAINTS?!! Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:44 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Congrats to the Saints, the city of New Orleans, and the Who Dat Nation.
Great win. Brees was great!

124WHO DAT SAY THEY GON' BEAT THEM SAINTS?!! - Page 5 Empty Re: WHO DAT SAY THEY GON' BEAT THEM SAINTS?!! Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:47 am

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i have to say i was very disappointed with the super bowl this year

125WHO DAT SAY THEY GON' BEAT THEM SAINTS?!! - Page 5 Empty Re: WHO DAT SAY THEY GON' BEAT THEM SAINTS?!! Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:56 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shiky800 wrote:i have to say i was very disappointed with the super bowl this year

Rooting for the colts?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum