Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Young Justice League

+22
supervenom
Rath99
Sandman
AlienIncognito
riv1
G_Zatara
Velociraptor DJ
DickGrayson007
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Spazzy
kidspider2099
elijahdprophet
colossus1979
Paroxysm
Batman25JM
superdoug
jaydee74
alucardbarnivous
prescribeddrone
BlueMaxx
Spider_Fan14
Administrator
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 10]

126Young Justice League - Page 6 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:02 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I'd heard about that. Hope it's fun. Was thinking of John or maybe Kyle from DCAU getting their own.

127Young Justice League - Page 6 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:08 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

With the movie coming out, doubtful at this point.

128Young Justice League - Page 6 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:25 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Oh, I know. Dini, Timm, Riba and McDuffie have moved on. DCAU is retired.

129Young Justice League - Page 6 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:29 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, Dini has written two Batman Brave and the Bold episodes.

McDuffie is writing the All Star Superman movie and helped with the Crisis on Two Earths movies, even if he did shit where he ate.

I wouldn't say retired, just a new regime is on duty.

130Young Justice League - Page 6 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:24 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Right. But that stuff isn't DCAU. It's its own thing.

131Young Justice League - Page 6 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:00 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just saw it: AWESOME! Can't wait for January!

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

132Young Justice League - Page 6 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:06 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:It was really good, but not absolutely perfect as I thought some of the lines and stuff could've been better. Anyone think the G-Gnomes seemed more like the evil offshoot of a certain alien race and may be linked to Miss Martian? That's all I thought of while watching them. The designs were really cool and the voices were pretty cool. I think they're gonna kill off Zatara personally, as Zatara's usually dead in the comics and i think Zatanna might be a teen in the show to be on the team, but thats just me.

Well, the Gene Gnome was a concept from the Superboy comics (which featured Cadmus).

I agree with your observation of Zatara.

133Young Justice League - Page 6 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:10 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

elijahdprophet wrote:I liked it. I like that Robin is a combination of a cocky gymnast and computer hacker. I like that he pulls off the vanishing Batman trick but can't help but chuckle when he does it.

I think this show has a lot of potential. I predict that Arsenal shows up as a villain at some point after his exit as Speedy.

Something I also suspect.

I was a little put-off by Robin's behavior, with Aqualad acting more like Robin, but I put my reservations aside for the sheer entertainment of the program.

134Young Justice League - Page 6 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:11 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:One more thing: This show better last more than 2 seasons. Is it so much to ask for a show like this to last as long as certain other cartoons? I honestly always wanted these types of "DCAU" cartoons to last a long time. I wouldn't get tired of it.

I believe Batman: The Brave and the Bold has already been canceled. Sad

135Young Justice League - Page 6 Empty Re: Young Justice League Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:18 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked this show. The pilot was really good. I don't mind Robin being the way he is. I mixes a lot of what I remember Dick Grayson being. Light hearted but very talented. I love the interaction between him and Kid Flash. I like the idea of the team kind of mixing and matching different members of the Teen Titans over the years. Having Dick Grayson and Wally West with Superboy, Aqualad (new version), Ms. Martian and I belive eventually Artemis is a cool way to combine the Teen Titans of various versions. I'm excited for more of this show.

136Young Justice League - Page 6 Empty Re: Young Justice League Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:19 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I liked this show. The pilot was really good. I don't mind Robin being the way he is. I mixes a lot of what I remember Dick Grayson being. Light hearted but very talented. I love the interaction between him and Kid Flash. I like the idea of the team kind of mixing and matching different members of the Teen Titans over the years. Having Dick Grayson and Wally West with Superboy, Aqualad (new version), Ms. Martian and I belive eventually Artemis is a cool way to combine the Teen Titans of various versions. I'm excited for more of this show.

yeah I was fine with Robin as well as soon as I remembered it was not Tim Drake. I never really read Grayson as Robin before but to me it just feels wrong that a robin is not leading the team when there is one available, but I will get over it, it is still a great show

137Young Justice League - Page 6 Empty Re: Young Justice League Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:53 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The way they are playing Robin makes sense to me. They are playing him very much as the Boy Wonder. He's going to be one of the light hearted characters so it makes sense for him to just be on the team. As much as I love Robin and I love Dick Grayson as a character, I can already see Aqualad as the leader. First off, he's the sidekick of a King. To me, it makes sense that some of that leadership quality would rub off on Aqualad. I like the dynamic of this team and we haven't even seen the full roster of this team yet so I am looking forward to the show starting.

138Young Justice League - Page 6 Empty Re: Young Justice League Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:01 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wonder if Aqualad will eventually die and Robin will assume command (after growing up a bit). I kind of doubt it since I can't see them killing the only black team member, but the thought crossed my mind.

139Young Justice League - Page 6 Empty Re: Young Justice League Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:55 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I wonder if Aqualad will eventually die and Robin will assume command (after growing up a bit). I kind of doubt it since I can't see them killing the only black team member, but the thought crossed my mind.

I had thought of that too but considering that Aqualad is being introduced into the comics with Brightest Day and he'll be in the comics post Brightest Day, I doubt they will kill him off although I thought I read or saw something along the lines that someone wasn't going to make it to the second season if they have one.

140Young Justice League - Page 6 Empty Re: Young Justice League Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:24 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think they usually cancel shows after two seasons nowadays. I think Ben 10 got past that by becoming a new show.

141Young Justice League - Page 6 Empty Re: Young Justice League Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:59 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

alucardbarnivous wrote:
prescribeddrone wrote:One more thing: This show better last more than 2 seasons. Is it so much to ask for a show like this to last as long as certain other cartoons? I honestly always wanted these types of "DCAU" cartoons to last a long time. I wouldn't get tired of it.

I believe Batman: The Brave and the Bold has already been canceled. Sad

Not exactly. When they pitched the show it was meant to be a 72 (I think) episode run. Io9 had an article about it I can't be bothered to look up...

142Young Justice League - Page 6 Empty Re: Young Justice League Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:22 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm glad the pilot premiered because I've been waiting since February for this show, but it's kinda even more torturous now that I've seen it and have to wait a couple months for more episodes. I've already watched the pilot 3 times, and I'm sure I'll watch it more before the series properly premieres.

143Young Justice League - Page 6 Empty Re: Young Justice League Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:30 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Didn't get a chance to see this. Anyone know if it will be re aired anytime soon?

144Young Justice League - Page 6 Empty Re: Young Justice League Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:33 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I don't think so.

145Young Justice League - Page 6 Empty Re: Young Justice League Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:35 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^I don't think so.

I hope they re air it before they start showing the new episodes.

146Young Justice League - Page 6 Empty Re: Young Justice League Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:46 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:^I don't think so.

I hope they re air it before they start showing the new episodes.

I do too, but knowing Cartoon Network I wouldn't count on it.

147Young Justice League - Page 6 Empty Re: Young Justice League Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:25 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

that is true.

the ages/times of it bothered me.. but i'm just looking for a little fun in a show. This delivered that.

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

148Young Justice League - Page 6 Empty Re: Young Justice League Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:08 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spazzy wrote:that is true.

the ages/times of it bothered me.. but i'm just looking for a little fun in a show. This delivered that.
I wouldn't worry so much about things like ages/times or stuff like that. From what I remembered hearing, this takes place on one of the other 52 Earths in the DC Universe so they are supposed to be different. I enjoyed this well enough to be wanting more.

149Young Justice League - Page 6 Empty Re: Young Justice League Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

orly?!?

haha but still.. it bothers me.. its just how I am

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

150Young Justice League - Page 6 Empty Re: Young Justice League Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:53 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spazzy wrote:orly?!?

haha but still.. it bothers me.. its just how I am
I get it for sure. I was a bit bothered when I found out Robin was going to be the leader of the team but I think for this cartoon, the characters seem pretty cool. I can't really judge though from one two part episode. I'll wait til I see more of this. We haven't even seen the entire roster yet. I mean we only meet Ms. Martian at the end and we still have Artemis to meet as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum